Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #991
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/296/140
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Sorry I didn't update last night. I've come down with a cold and went straight to bed.

The doctor does not think this is big deal. My cervix was a little soft, and slightly open in the center towards the bottom. It's something that does need to be monitored, and he'll see me every 2 weeks now. In the meantime, If I have more contractions, or just feel the need to get checked, I should call the office and he'll get me in right away. He thinks everything is fine though. I'm on pelvic rest though, so we can't DTD for the remainder of the pregnancy.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #992
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
Thanks for the update Debbie. Im glad they just need to monitor at this point. Sorry about no more DTD, I have zero sex drive when pregnant so I am slightly jealous. J/K! Kind of.
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #993
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 162lbs / Goal of 152lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Debbie - that sounds positive! That sucks about the no hanky panty though, b/c unlike Andi, I was actually pretty randy during the first and second tri. Now, I'm too uncomfortable to even consider it.

Thanks for the vibes Potato! Hopefully your doc was just having an off day. Have I already told you how jealous I am of your home births?

Andi - that is so cool that the activity actually wakes you up! Must be a strong kiddo!

So, I'm losing my mucus plug already, at 34 weeks, but from what I've read, this means nothing. My contractions are becoming more noticeable too. I'm measuring 43 weeks and feeling every bit of it. Babies, please stay in a few more weeks!

Last edited by sutton_02; 09-21-2013 at 02:17 PM..
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #994
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
I've only had one home birth. #1 was at a birth center, my water broke with no contractions so I was on pitocin and antibiotics for 2 days before I finally broke down and got the epi about 3 hours before he was born. #2 was unmedicated at a birth center. #3 was unassisted at home in the water. I am still undecided on #4 at this point, it will depend on how my pregnancy progresses.

Debbie~Thanks for the update, no bueno on the pelvic rest! Surely in once you hit 37ish weeks, they will lift it because it can really help soften the cervix.

Andi~I can't wait to start feeling the kicks and rolls, it's one of my fave parts of pregnancy!

Sutton~I hope they cook for a couple more weeks for you! And isn't the mucous plug lovely? LOL

Last edited by Potaty; 09-21-2013 at 06:29 PM..
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #995
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
That is good news, Debbie! Just trust your gut though. Did you have more contractions this weekend?

I haven't done my urine test yet. I've been checking my bp everyday at home and it is great. Usually around 122/78. I'm going to hold out as long as I can on that stupid test

I had a good weekend, just busy. I got like 5 inches of hair chopped off! Baby boy seems to be doing well. Moving a lot. And I have to get up more to go to the bathroom lately. Another appt this Friday. Very excited to see him
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #996
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Debbie - sorry about the no "good stuff" for awhile, but I'm happy they are keeping an eye on it!

Stargirl - glad your blood pressure is staying good! I was thinking that it would be since they took it the second time and it was ok.

Sutton! So close! 5 lbs each that is amazing! Sounds like it's heavy
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #997
foxy librarian

Thanks DD80. How are you??? Any updates?
Old 09-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #998
Major LCF Poster!

I'm ok. Thanks for asking! Nothing to speak of, really. No period yet. Don't know if I ovulated. I'm chillin' in limbo.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #999
Major LCF Poster!

And I think I just got my period... So either I had a chemical pregnancy, or my Dr was wrong/didn't pay attention and my hcg took awhile longer to go to 0. Either way, I view it as a fresh start.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #1000

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potaty View Post
I've only had one home birth. #1 was at a birth center, my water broke with no contractions so I was on pitocin and antibiotics for 2 days before I finally broke down and got the epi about 3 hours before he was born. #2 was unmedicated at a birth center. #3 was unassisted at home in the water. I am still undecided on #4 at this point, it will depend on how my pregnancy progresses.
L
Unassisted? GO YOU! WOOHOO!
I've only had one babe and it was an unmedicated birth center water birth. I loved it!
Lori37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #1001
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Suzie
It didn't happen for us this month. I went ahead and called my Doctor's office today. I talked to his nurse. She said that if I'm feeling anxious/concerned to definitely come in and talk to the doctor. So, DH and I will be going in to talk to him on Oct. 7.
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:12 AM   #1002
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babycakez
Stats: 267/186/160
WOE: Low Carbin' it! RESTART#3: JAN.31.2013
Start Date: 11/02/11
Hello Ladies!

My name is Lisa, I'm 28 and I've been a member here since 2011 on and off. I recently fell off the wagon in April after losing 93lbs since my last pregnancy in 2010 (86lbs if you count from the day I joined LCF in Nov 2011) I found out about 2 months later that I was pregnant with #2... a complete suprise! Our son just turned 3 and I was hoping to get to my goal weight of 160 before having another kid but god had other plans for us and we couldn't be more thrilled! I am currently 17 weeks pregnant and had an elective gender ultrasound done at 15w3d and the tech confirmed we are having a little girl now! I have my anatomy scan next Thursday (Oct 3rd) & hopefully baby stays a girl! I would love to have 1 of each. So far this pregnancy has been a breeze compared to my first with my son. I haven't had any morning sickness which of course has caused me to gain a lot of weight already. So far I am at 20lbs since the day I found out and that's not including the 12lbs I put on in the first 2 months before falling pregnant & falling off the wagon. I'm fearful of watching my weight rebound because of being pregnant and knew I must do something about it. I talked to my OB and told him how I'm concerned about my weight gain already and about how I was on a low carb lifestyle before this. He told me that there is no reason why I cannot continue to do! That made me extremely happy! My old OB would have shot me down in a heartbeat! So here I am back once again, trying to gather information on eating lower carb while pregnant. I am hoping I can stop anymore unnecessary weight gain and only gain baby weight from here on out because I would hate to have to loose it all over again after working so hard the past 2 years! Any advice you ladies can give me I'd greatly appreciate it. I look forward to getting to know you ladies!!

1 question I do have is what do most of you ladies drink besides water? Before pregnancy I drank a lot of crystal light and diet soda and never had trouble stalling. Now that I'm pregnant I've been avoiding artificial sweetners and caffeine. What are so recommendations you ladies can give me? I heard something about Crystal light making a natural version or some sweetened with splenda which is better than aspartame? I've yet to check myself so correct me if I'm wrong.
Currently Breastfeeding
Current Weight: 258

babycakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:18 AM   #1003
foxy librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
And I think I just got my period... So either I had a chemical pregnancy, or my Dr was wrong/didn't pay attention and my hcg took awhile longer to go to 0. Either way, I view it as a fresh start.

You have such a great attitude.

(((Suzie)))

Welcome babycakez! Congrats!!! As far as alternatives to water, it is tough. I get so bored with water but I admit I drink organic juices and lemonades that aren't low carb. I mix them with sparking water and it is very refreshing. Maybe you could make homemade iced tea? Or flavored waters with different fruits.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #1004
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CalebsMommy
Stats: 269/246/199 5'11"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 4/2/2014
New here :)

Hi everyone! How exciting to find a board with moms and pregnant moms-to-be! I just had my son (our first) on August 23. He was 8 days late and I was MORE than ready! I ended up with a c-section after planning a very natural birth lol... of course, the best laid plans.. Oh well. We had a healthy baby boy that was 9 lbs 9 ounces. I haven't had a chance to read through all the posts yet but I do plan on it this afternoon. I just thought it was neat to find a board that had some low carbin mommys! I'm breastfeeding and have already had a breast reduction about 6 years ago so my supply is lower, but I'm still able to BF. Have any of you had any issues with supply going up or down with LC? I don't plan on doing induction level carbs yet - I am just going to start slow and keep them moderate or low in hopes of not affecting my supplu, but still see results! I've lost the 26 lbs I gained in pregnancy plus 2 more ... but my body is forever changed. I was already 80 lbs overweight when I got pregnant so I've got a long way to go. Hoping this is the place I look forwardto chatting with everyone!
CalebsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #1005
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl21 View Post
You have such a great attitude.

Thanks! I'm trying! May have snapped at hubby this morning about something dumb, but hopefully he'll forgive me.

Welcome babycakez!

Suzie, I'm sorrry things didn't work out this month, but I think it's good that are going to talk to your Dr. At least you can get some questions answered. Keep us updated on what he/she says.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #1006
Blabbermouth!!!

Stargirl~I don't blame you for not wanting to do that test! Your BP looks great!

DD80~I agree, you have a great attitude!

Suzie~I am so glad you are going to the doctor, and it's great that DH can go with you.

Lisa~Congrats on the girl! I drink mostly water, sometimes some iced tea because I am comfortable with a small amount of caffeine but you need to decide what you are okay with. I avoid artificial sweeteners though!

CalebsMommy~Congrats on your little boy! I am of no help on eating LC postpartum. I have had a wicked sweet tooth every single time I have started breastfeeding and hard as I tried, I didn't stay very low carb and because of that, never really lost weight while breastfeeding. My advice to you would be to eat as low carb as you are mentally comfortable with (Suzanne on here ate zero carb with no milk issues). I hope I behave myself a little better this time
Old 09-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #1007

A lady came out from the Regional Center Early Start yesterday to evaluate Rose. (IT happened to be her 6 month bday)
Just as we thought, she is very delayed. They think she's functioning like a 1 month old at this point and are sending us on OT and PT evaluations.
Her MRI is next week. Praying we get some answers, and that this is something she can overcome.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #1008

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakez View Post
Hello Ladies!

My name is Lisa, I'm 28 and I've been a member here since 2011 on and off. I recently fell off the wagon in April after losing 93lbs since my last pregnancy in 2010 (86lbs if you count from the day I joined LCF in Nov 2011) I found out about 2 months later that I was pregnant with #2... a complete suprise! Our son just turned 3 and I was hoping to get to my goal weight of 160 before having another kid but god had other plans for us and we couldn't be more thrilled! I am currently 17 weeks pregnant and had an elective gender ultrasound done at 15w3d and the tech confirmed we are having a little girl now! I have my anatomy scan next Thursday (Oct 3rd) & hopefully baby stays a girl! I would love to have 1 of each. So far this pregnancy has been a breeze compared to my first with my son. I haven't had any morning sickness which of course has caused me to gain a lot of weight already. So far I am at 20lbs since the day I found out and that's not including the 12lbs I put on in the first 2 months before falling pregnant & falling off the wagon. I'm fearful of watching my weight rebound because of being pregnant and knew I must do something about it. I talked to my OB and told him how I'm concerned about my weight gain already and about how I was on a low carb lifestyle before this. He told me that there is no reason why I cannot continue to do! That made me extremely happy! My old OB would have shot me down in a heartbeat! So here I am back once again, trying to gather information on eating lower carb while pregnant. I am hoping I can stop anymore unnecessary weight gain and only gain baby weight from here on out because I would hate to have to loose it all over again after working so hard the past 2 years! Any advice you ladies can give me I'd greatly appreciate it. I look forward to getting to know you ladies!!

1 question I do have is what do most of you ladies drink besides water? Before pregnancy I drank a lot of crystal light and diet soda and never had trouble stalling. Now that I'm pregnant I've been avoiding artificial sweetners and caffeine. What are so recommendations you ladies can give me? I heard something about Crystal light making a natural version or some sweetened with splenda which is better than aspartame? I've yet to check myself so correct me if I'm wrong.
Welcome and congrats! That's so awesome that your OB is letting you stick to LC! Way to go! As for drinks, In the last trimester my midwife had me drinking Red Raspberry tea to help tone the uterus. It's delish and I drink it to this day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMommy View Post
Hi everyone! How exciting to find a board with moms and pregnant moms-to-be! I just had my son (our first) on August 23. He was 8 days late and I was MORE than ready! I ended up with a c-section after planning a very natural birth lol... of course, the best laid plans.. Oh well. We had a healthy baby boy that was 9 lbs 9 ounces. I haven't had a chance to read through all the posts yet but I do plan on it this afternoon. I just thought it was neat to find a board that had some low carbin mommys! I'm breastfeeding and have already had a breast reduction about 6 years ago so my supply is lower, but I'm still able to BF. Have any of you had any issues with supply going up or down with LC? I don't plan on doing induction level carbs yet - I am just going to start slow and keep them moderate or low in hopes of not affecting my supplu, but still see results! I've lost the 26 lbs I gained in pregnancy plus 2 more ... but my body is forever changed. I was already 80 lbs overweight when I got pregnant so I've got a long way to go. Hoping this is the place I look forwardto chatting with everyone!
Welcome! I'm Nursing and attempting LC, been trying it for months but keep getting side tracked. Today is day 3! From what I've read LC doesn't affect your supply, as long as you keep your calories up and eat plenty of healthy fats you should be good!
Old 09-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #1009
Blabbermouth!!!

Lori~I am so sorry. I hope and pray that with some intervention and therapies she will make great strides. Please keep us updated.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:44 AM   #1010
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 162lbs / Goal of 152lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Hey ladies! I'll have to get caught up with all the posts a little later, but wanted to tell y'all that our boys arrived Monday, Sept 23rd, at 3:20am and 3:40am. I was 34 weeks 4 days. They're doing fantastic and will just have a short (1-2 weeks) stay in the NICU. Their names are Iker (5lbs 3.5oz) and Ander (4lbs 11oz) with APGARS of 7 and 9. I got my NUCB!! They are already starting BF, even though most of their food is donated breast milk via a feeding tube. I'll try to post a pic here from my phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (70.4 KB, 53 views)
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:46 AM   #1011
Blabbermouth!!!

Lori - keep us updated. I hope the meeting goes as well as possible!

Sutton - They are adorable! I'm glad they are doing well.

Thanks ladies for the support. I'm glad I called the doctor as well. I'm not sure what they even do on the first visit, but I think it will make me feel better just talking to him even. My really close friend had her baby last night. I'm so excited for them and can't wait to meet him. However, it has brought a lot of rough,painful, memories to surface. So, I'm kind of muddling through those as I get ready for work today.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Sorry I haven't been as vocal lately. I've just been having a rough few weeks and know when I need to take a step back. I do check in every few days and read all your updates though.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 09-26-2013, 07:16 AM   #1012
foxy librarian

Congratulations Sutton!!!!!! I am so happy you had the birth experience you wanted. They are just perfect and I love their names
Old 09-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #1013
foxy librarian

Lori- I am glad they are starting early intervention. I really hope this is just a minor thing that can be overcome.

Suzie- I totally understand. Are you open to using fertility treatments? I think I probably would at this point. Let us know how the appt goes.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #1014
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: johnsa37
Stats: 155.4 (post-partum) /155.4/130
WOE: Low carb to drop the baby weight :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 2014
Congratulations!! Beautiful babies. Love the unique names, too! Hope you all are doing well.
johnsa37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #1015
Blabbermouth!!!

I am open to it. I am going to see what my doctor says and offers. I will let you know after the appointment! Thanks.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #1016
Major LCF Poster!

Sutton OMG! SO adorable! Congratulations!

A is in order too to the little guys!
Old 09-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #1017

Gallery: pocahontas
I have lots of catching up to do! Been swamped at work.

Sutton - So happy for you! Cant wait to watch these little guys grow. How exciting!

babycakez & calebsmommy!

Lori - My prayers are with baby Rose and you and your family. I am so glad she is getting the help early, it will be so beneficial!

Suzie - I am glad you called. I literally had the phone in my hand twice as I was approaching the 6 mo mark. The first time, I got pg on the 4th cycle but it ended in a loss, then I got pg on the 5th cycle after that. I was not going to hesitate but I sure wasnt going to give it a minute over 6 mo.

Debbie - Where are you? How are you feeling?

to rest of you wonderful ladies!

pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #1018
foxy librarian

Another sono today to try to get a look at little man's heart and face. Can't wait to see him He has been so active lately.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #1019
foxy librarian

Baby boy is doing great. Very active and already sucking his thumb His heart looks great and he's already starting to practice breathing which is something they don't expect to see until about 30 weeks.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #1020
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shannonlanie
Stats: 205/182/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: nov 23
Hey I'm a total "stalker" on this board, I've posted a few times a long time ago when I first started lc and was ttc, and now I'm 34 weeks pregnant with a sweet little boy, anyways, I love keeping up with you girls, but I was wondering, maybe I missed something but what ever happened to jillybean? Last I remember her being on she was about 20 weeks? Anyways, was just curious if I missed something, thanks in advance! And congrats and luck to everyone
shannonlanie is offline   Reply With Quote