Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #961
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
I couldn't wait to feel that first kick. Then when I did had two reactions. First, I was stunned it actually causes discomfort. Then I thought, holy crap there's a little human inside me. Weird.
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #962
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
It CAN be painful, you're right. Last night this baby was dancing on my cervix or something. YeeeeeOW!
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #963
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
I couldn't wait to feel that first kick. Then when I did had two reactions. First, I was stunned it actually causes discomfort. Then I thought, holy crap there's a little human inside me. Weird.
Right? It's freaky. My husband and I always talk about how it's so weird to "make" a person.

And people are always so excited about the kicking - you would never think it id uncomfortable. #976 on the list of things people don't tell you about pregnancy or childbirth.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #964
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
I can't believe some people describe as feeling like flutters. It feels like there's a little rabbit in there
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #965
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
DD80 - YAAAAAYYY Congratulations!! I've always heard you're more fertile immediately after a miscarriage. Fingers crossed for a sticky bean!

That's awesome that everyone is feeling movement. I didn't feel anything with these until 22 weeks, and even then it was very sporadic. Now, I have dance parties in my uterus.

So, my presenting baby has been head down the entire time, which is awesome, but the non-presenting baby has been breach. I think he finally flipped head down this past week (thank you chiropractor and spinning babies). These past few days my Braxton Hicks have been pretty uncomfortable way down low. I'm wondering if it's because there are two heads in such a tight space.
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #966
Thick and Delicious

Sutton, is the hospital going to attempt a vaginal birth? I always thought twins were an automatic C-section (and unnecessarily so ).

Some days I get plenty of movement, some days very little or none at all. Today is one of those days. I’ve read regular movements are important after 26 weeks.

So I was feeling better, and my anxiety was way down. Until the BH started. I had one this morning on the way to work. They just make me nervous, and I've considered visiting L&D for an evaluation JUST to make sure everything is okay. I have a doctor’s appointment on Friday, and I'm trying to hold out.

I have now concluded that pregnancy makes me completely crazy. It’s weird how things turn out. I never thought this would happen when pregnant. Not the way I pictured it at all. But I keep telling myself this is temporary, and it will all be worth it in the end when we hold our little boy.

Baby Boy born 10/11/13

Last edited by CARLINI; 09-17-2013 at 02:10 PM..
Old 09-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #967
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
Debbie~BH are just a way for your uterus to practice for real labor. If there is no dull ache in your lower back or pain in the front, they won't be changing your cervix. I know they can feel unsettling, but your body is just preparing.
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #968
Thick and Delicious

Thanks. I have all kinds of aches and pains, but I can't tell if they are normal or not.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #969

One thing is for sure, my pregnancies have been completely different! I have relatively mild pregnancies, no illness, etc. But:

#1, I had carpal tunnel, high BP, small baby bump
#2, I have lower back pain, loss of breath (winded) often, BIG baby bump

Nothing serious at all but just totally different side effects this time. Weight gain seems to be about the same, almost nothing and then probably put a few on at the end.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #970
Blabbermouth!!!

Debbie~That is totally normal the first go-round, it's like it's a big puzzle you have to figure out! I remember having BH with my first toward the very end of my pregnancy, but every time I thought he was just sticking his booty out, never occturred to me it was a BH until I had one at the doctor's office and she informed me, LOL

Andi~My first two were very similar (boy/girl), gained 20 lbs, mild morning sickness, great mood, pubic symphysis dysfunction, sciatica, but overall great pregnancies. #3 (boy) was almost no morning sickness, gained 60 lbs!, had GD, very moody bordering on psycho. #4 is going like the first two so far so I'm hoping for little to no weight gain this time and hopefully a smaller baby than #3! Don't really care to have another 11 pounder.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #971
Senior LCF Member

Debbie - I think pregnancy makes us all a little crazy. And yes, I can have a vaginal birth as long as the presenting baby is head down, which he has been the entire time. If the second baby is breech, they will yank him out by his feet, but I'm praying and doing everything in my power to get him head down. I'll actually be having an unmedicated birth.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #972
Blabbermouth!!!

Sutton~You are awesome! There is nothing like an unmedicated birth and how you feel afterward. So excited for you and to hear all about it!
Old 09-18-2013, 03:03 AM   #973

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I did all this prep and planning for a natural birth, then James was breech. We tried to turn him in a quest for a natural birth, but it sent me into labor and I had to have the c section, lol. Which, in hind sight was great. No pain, easy recovery.
suzanneyea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #974

sutton - You rock! I had very little choice with DS, BP skyrocketed and swelling went crazy. Even though I tested neg for pre-e, doc said baby had to come out now. She gave me an 80% chance of a failed induction because with my BP she couldnt let me labor for long and I wasnt dilated even a tiny bit. I skipped it and went straight to the c-sect when the u/s revealed he was approx 10 lbs. He was 8lbs 8oz (way off!) and the c-sect was a breeze. I went ahead and opted for a repeat this time. I am a pretty natural person, eat primarily organic, dont eat junk food, avoid food dyes, meds (pro vax though!), etc. but I was def going to have the epi if I went the vaginal birth route. Maybe I am a pansy?

Had my doc appt today, BP is excellent and all is well. Scale showed me up 5 lbs but I had just eaten breakfast and I am cool with it either way. Next appt will be 28wks and the dreaded GTT. So close to the third tri!

Last edited by pocahontas; 09-18-2013 at 10:21 AM..
Old 09-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #975
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Potaty! Sounds like you're a seasoned pro at natural birth.

Suzanne and Andi - I'm glad to hear your c-section recovery went smoothly. I think that is one of my biggest fears surrounding a c-section - that it'll be impossible to care for two babies while recovering. Obviously, both of your circumstances were completely out of your control, and you both seem to have handled it very well.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #976

sutton - It is certainly a concern but with DS, I was back to walking distance on the beach only 5 days after. They get you up, walking the halls and showering within 24 hrs. My recovery went very well & quickly! Im sure not everyone's goes as well but these days the recovery isnt like the old stories we have all heard.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #977
foxy librarian

DD80- how are you feeling? Are you going to get your levels tested this week?

I'm doing OK. Got sick last week (yay school germs) which has been a drag since I can't take anything. Started with a sore throat last week and then a cold that just won't quit. Is anyone planning to get the flu shot this year? I guess I will just because of where I work. And the baby is born with protection when you get it.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #978

Allie - Doc gave me my flu shot yesterday. You get the preservative free one when you are pregnant. I work in the City, take public transpo and DS goes to preschool so it is non-negotiable for me. I will admit though that I don't get it when I am not pregnant.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #979
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl21 View Post
DD80- how are you feeling? Are you going to get your levels tested this week?

I'm doing OK. Got sick last week (yay school germs) which has been a drag since I can't take anything. Started with a sore throat last week and then a cold that just won't quit. Is anyone planning to get the flu shot this year? I guess I will just because of where I work. And the baby is born with protection when you get it.
I'm sorry to hear you got sick - sounds like you had the same thing I had a few weeks ago. Started with a sore throat, but went on to be the worst cold I've had in years. I had to take 2 days off work and was down and out for at least 5 days. I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you for asking about me. I'm ok...two nights ago, I felt like I was going to get my period - cramping, so I took a PG test and it was very, very, very faint. My temp also had dipped a lot (took at night, not as accurate, but I don't temp seriously at this point, just for reference). Last night, it was negative. I haven't gotten my period, so I don't know what is going on. I think I will get it soon (if my cycle returned to normal, yesterday was the day), and/or the positives I got (both regular and digital) were leftover from the last pregnancy. I just have no idea how since the DR tested my uring the week before and it said negative. She also did an exam and told me my uterus had shurnk and my cervix was closed (and cleared me to start trying again). So...

I'm just forging on to next cycle and trying not to feel sorry for myself.

Last edited by DD80; 09-19-2013 at 12:15 PM..
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #980
foxy librarian

Oh no. I'm hoping maybe you just got a bad test? Can you take one tomorrow morning when you get up? I'm really sorry to hear that. The first time I took a test (well 3) was the day before my period was due. They all came up positive so I never took another one. I have no clue what they would have said. I want to say if you aren't bleeding yet, you aren't out. Hang in there.

Andi- that makes me feel better. I know some doctors are recommending the whooping cough booster too. Did you get that?
Old 09-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #981

DD80 - I am so sorry!

Allie - I had the TDap booster when I had DS so I dont need it again this time. For that one, my doc gave it to me after birth, but before I left the hospital. Many women get it in the 3rd tri but my doc chose not to go that route. I dont remember why though??? She did, however, request that DH get one before the birth.

Last edited by pocahontas; 09-19-2013 at 01:12 PM..
Old 09-20-2013, 06:36 AM   #982
Blabbermouth!!!

DD80~I am so sorry

My appointment is today and I am a huge bundle of nervousness
Old 09-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #983
Senior LCF Member

DD80 - Ug, that sucks. Sorry.

Alie - I too got a bad cold earlier in pregnancy and I never get sick. Feel better soon!

Potaty - good luck at your appointment today!

I had my 34 week growth scan yesterday. Boys are about 5lbs each, and everything is still looking perfect. I'm getting my GBS test today. Fingers crossed it's negative!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #984

Good luck today Potaty & sutton!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #985
Thick and Delicious

I'll need to do personals tonight. Work is busy today.

Just a quick update. I went to L&D two nights ago, because of BH, all day AF type cramps, back pain and pelvic pressure. My cervix is long, but is opening in the center and soft. I'm still not clear on what this really means. I have a follow-up appt with my doctor this afternoon.

I'm scared, because pre-term labor at this point isn't a good thing. I'll update tonight.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #986
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
I'll need to do personals tonight. Work is busy today.

Just a quick update. I went to L&D two nights ago, because of BH, all day AF type cramps, back pain and pelvic pressure. My cervix is long, but is opening in the center and soft. I'm still not clear on what this really means. I have a follow-up appt with my doctor this afternoon.

I'm scared, because pre-term labor at this point isn't a good thing. I'll update tonight.
Is your cervix funneling? Depending on how much it's funneling, they may prescribe bedrest or a cerclage, where they stitch it closed. Please update us after your appointment! Hugs.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #987

Debbie - Sending lots of positive thoughts. So glad you went in when you felt the need. They can help if they catch these things early.
They may prescribe Procardia or do a cerclage or something similar if this is in fact preterm labor. Just be prepared for some rest and time off work! Please keep us posted.

Last edited by pocahontas; 09-20-2013 at 12:40 PM..
Old 09-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #988
foxy librarian

Good luck at your appt, Debbie.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #989
Blabbermouth!!!

Debbie~Oh wow, I am so glad you went and got checked! Take it easy this weekend! do you have a physical job?

DD80~Thinking about you

Sutton~sending GBS negative vibes! I have been negative every time so far so I don't have any experience, although I had to have IV antibiotics with #1 because my water had been broken for over 24 hrs.

Appt. went okay. Measuring 9wks2days with a DD of 4/23, heartbeat 167. I don't think my doctor is very happy with me though, I haven't seen him since #3 was born and I don't think he was thrilled I had him at home. He wasn't rude but a bit distant, but he had a patient in labor so he may have just been rushed or distracted. I will have to ask him next appt if he is comfortable being my doctor if I decide to deliver at home again. If he's not, another dr. in the practice is and I will just switch my care to him.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #990

Potaty - Great news on the healthy baby! Sorry about the doc, maybe he was just distracted.

This baby of mine has been waking me up every morning around 5am with lots of activity. Who needs an alarm?