Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #841
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/296/140
Start Date: 2/14/2004
I haven't had one urine test. Sounds like I need to switch doctors, but I can't worry about this right now.
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #842
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
That is so bizarre to me. I have always had to leave a urine sample at each and every appt with all 3 pregnancies, 3 different doc's.
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #843
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
me, too. That is odd. I am glad the midwife explained things and is supportive of diet change before meds!

Andi~not sure how you deal with that commute daily and I would love the recipe for the stuffed peppers!

I have been struck with the 1st tri exhaustion/sleepiness. I have barely been able to keep my eyes open today

Last edited by Potaty; 08-29-2013 at 04:44 PM..
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:16 AM   #844
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Welcome Macc0021!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
I told DS that Mama had a baby in her belly and he said "I want it!" and pinched my belly a few times. He thought I was hiding it from him.
Kids are so funny! I'm sure he'll have plenty more funny comments regarding baby. And you better share them all! Goat cheese and shrimp stuffed poblanos - my mouth is watering!

That is awesome that so many of you are feeling regular movement from babies.

We had a growth scan yesterday at 31 weeks. The boys are getting big! It was hard to get any good pics of them, since they are running out of room. They are approximately 3lbs 13oz and 3lbs 9oz (~50th and 40th percentiles compared to singletons). Everything looks great! I'm really hoping I can keep these guys in until 37 weeks, at least. I'm already measuring 38 weeks and have over 7lbs of baby in there.

My weight has been holding steady for the past 3 weeks, which is interesting, since these little guys are growing up a storm right now. As long as they're growing, I'll take it!

Oh, my doc wrote me out of work, so next week will be my last week.

Everyone have a good long weekend!!
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #845
Thick and Delicious

Sutton I'm glad things are going so well!

Well it's the Friday before a holiday weekend and I'm already itching to get out of work. Hopefully we can leave early today. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #846

I'll dig up the recipe and post it later! It's on my other computer.

Sutton - So glad babies are growing and looking good! Yay for being almost done with work!!!!

Debbie - Have a great weekend, I cant wait either!
Old 08-31-2013, 07:51 AM   #847
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
I had my annual physical yesterday and got a clean bill of health from my MD. I talked to her about getting off birth control. I am currently on an anti-depressant (Lexapro) and I will need to wean off that as well. Ideally I would like to be off it totally before we get pregnant, but I am a little nervous about that. I know that there are a few meds that are generally considered OK for pregnant women, but I would really prefer not to chance it.

How long did it take after you get off bc before you got preg?
Anyone has experience with weaning off anti-depressants or taking them during pregnancy?

Also, I am a bit concerned because my mother had 2 premature births (1 month early followed by a 3 month early delivery with my sisters). I have read that there may be a genetic link there, but the info is mixed. The doctor said there is no link. Any thoughts?

Have a great weekend! We are going to my parents for a BBQ with the in-laws! All our family together, should be a fun day!

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.

In general, mankind, since the improvement of cookery, eats twice as much as nature requires.
Macc0021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #848
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
Hi Mac! I am still on Zoloft for anxiety and plan to stay on through my pregnancy. I started on Zoloft a year ago because it is considered the "safest" for pregnancy and has also been through the most research on pregnancy and newborns. For me it is just not an option to be off of it. My anxiety is very rough on my health and would affect the baby. It can cause high BP, low birth weight, preterm labor and stress on the baby. I have been lowering my dose and plan to be down to a 100mg dose by my 3rd trimester.
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #849
foxy librarian

Not much exciting here. My MIL surprised yesterday with a huge box of baby clothes on our door step! It was the sweetest thing. All of the tiny little clothes We hadn't bought anything for him yet so it was so fun to go through everything. I just can't wait to see him in them.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #850
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
It's interesting....when I am NOT pregnant, my depression and anxiety are through the roof and I need my meds (Wellbutrin and Klonopin). When I am pregnant, I feel awesome....and do not need to be on the meds. Don't know why, but I think I remember my doctor telling me it's the progestersone that helps your mood. Anyway, I was on Wellbutrin both times I got pregnant and then quickly weaned off once I found out I was pregnant. Now, afterwards, I had PPD both times.
Happycat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:49 PM   #851
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
I don't know about the anxiety meds, but to answer the other question.

With Connor, I was off bc for two months when we got pregnant. My friend got pregnant her first month after being off bc. Now that I've been off bc for over a year we are having more issues than right after getting off it!
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #852
Senior LCF Member

Thank you ladies! Ideally I would like to wean off of it completely, but I guess we will see how it goes. I have taken Zoloft before and I know it is generally ok for pregnan women so I can keep that as an option -- I heard Wellbutrin is as well. Thanks!

I have also heard that pregnant women are less likely to have depression/ anxiety, so I am hoping there is some truth to that! I think it is due to the hormones, etc. Wouldn't that be awesome!!

I have heard mixed thoughts about how long it will take to get pg after birth control. I have been on it for almost 12 years straight. I am hoping it doesn't impact anything!!
Old 09-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #853
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: A long time ago
Suzie, it's so nice to see your picture. You're so pretty, thanks for sharing.

It's so strange what happens to your body when pregnant and dealing with a chronic health issue. I have migraine headaches and my doctor has said they'll either get worse or possibly go away. I have a friend with rheumatoid arthritis who had to go off all anti-inflammatory meds and felt wonderful while she was pregnant. You just never know what will happen.
Oregon Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #854
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post

I have heard mixed thoughts about how long it will take to get pg after birth control. I have been on it for almost 12 years straight. I am hoping it doesn't impact anything!!
I was on it 8-10 years when I got off it to try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
Suzie, it's so nice to see your picture. You're so pretty, thanks for sharing.

It's so strange what happens to your body when pregnant and dealing with a chronic health issue. I have migraine headaches and my doctor has said they'll either get worse or possibly go away. I have a friend with rheumatoid arthritis who had to go off all anti-inflammatory meds and felt wonderful while she was pregnant. You just never know what will happen.
Thanks! I used to always have one on here, but I haven't for a while!

I got bad headaches at the beginning of my pregnancy and right after. I figured it was hormones or something.

We are back to trying! I'm not charting. We are just back to our old method of making sure to try at least every other day and are going to stick with it for way longer than we think may be my ovulating period. Since I seem to be ovulating wonky. According to my app I'm due to start on the 20th. It always seems to be about 3-4 days early on my cycle, so I'm not sure when I will test. Hoping this will be the month though!

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 09-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #855
Senior LCF Member

Thanks -- good to know!

Good luck! What app do you use? I was wondering whether I should try to track or just wing it...?!
Old 09-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #856
foxy librarian

I use the free version of pink pad.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #857
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think mine is just called Period Tracker Lite. I like it because you can track different symptoms, make notes, and notate when you "try". The symbol is white with a pink flower.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:52 AM   #858
Senior LCF Member

Thanks ladies - I will check those out!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #859
Thick and Delicious

Anatomy scan this afternoon! the baby cooperates! Yesterday I poked my stomach and I swear I got kicked! It was AWESOME!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #860
foxy librarian

Ohhhhh good luck Debbie!!! Can't wait to hear the news

I bought a whole bunch of new maternity clothes over the weekend. They are soooo comfy!!! And as much as I didn't want to spend a lot of money, Motherhood Maternity is the ONLY place I can find petite maternity pants. So I got a few pairs. I'm hoping they will get me through.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #861
Thick and Delicious

Maternity pants are a gift from God. They are so comfortable. I wish I would have not waited so long to buy them. Well worth the money. I got mine at Motherhood too.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #862

Hi ladies!

Debbie - I cant wait for you to find out!!!!!

We had a nice long weekend at home. Took DS to the park a couple times, went antiquing and BBQ'd steaks. It was nice and relaxing. Then I had a horrible commute in the morning, had to stand on the bus, was hot and clammy and felt sick by the time I got here. Had to sit on a bench for a few min before I could muster the strength for the 25 min walk to the office. I am so sick and tired of this commute!

Anyway, stepped on the scale this morning and still no weight gain! I was 21 wks yesterday. My anatomy scan is scheduled for next Monday, 22 wks. Cant wait to see baby!

Old 09-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #863
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Maternity pants are a gift from God. They are so comfortable. I wish I would have not waited so long to buy them. Well worth the money. I got mine at Motherhood too.
Can I just say that I love maternity pants? I bought a pair at Old Navy (some black capris for work) and when I tried them on the first thing I said to my husband was, "why don't they make all pants like maternity pants?" Seriously, I really want to know... The ones with just the wide elastic around the waist - HEAVEN. Absolute heaven. I guess I would just get fat if I wore elasto-pants all the time, but man, they are comfy. I can't figure out why women try not to buy them?

And hope the baby cooperates!! I'm excited for you!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #864
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
I was wondering whether I should try to track or just wing it...?!
I think it depends on how quickly you want to conceive. If you're ok with it taking up to a year, then just wing it. However, if you want to get pregnant fairly quickly, tracking will help you pinpoint the right to time to DTD (do the deed), as well as help you recognize any potential problems. For example, if you're cycle is 28 days long, but you don't ovulate until day 18 or 19, that would be considered a luteal phase defect, and there wouldn't be enough time for the embryo to implant. This typically means low progesterone. Just an example. Point is, if you don't conceive within 6 months, you can take your charts to your doc and see if there is an underlying issue.

I've tracked ovulation for years, and even with DTD perfectly timed, it still took us four months to conceive. Another viable option is to DTD every other day throughout your entire cycle. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Anatomy scan this afternoon! the baby cooperates! Yesterday I poked my stomach and I swear I got kicked! It was AWESOME!
I'm sure he/she will cooperate this time! Good luck!

Quote:
Anyway, stepped on the scale this morning and still no weight gain! I was 21 wks yesterday. My anatomy scan is scheduled for next Monday, 22 wks. Cant wait to see baby!
Wooohooo Andi! That's great!
Old 09-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #865
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
I think mine is just called Period Tracker Lite. I like it because you can track different symptoms, make notes, and notate when you "try". The symbol is white with a pink flower.
That's the one I use too....it's been pretty accurate as far as I can tell.
Happycat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #866
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
Debbie~can't wait to hear!

Andi~great job on maintaining your weight! That is what I hope to do too, I started this pregnancy bigger than I've ever been (I currently weight about what I did when each of my kids were born...oops) so hoping to keep any gain to a minimum.

Oh, maternity pants! With my first, I delayed it for a while, but I was so excited to be pregnant after a struggle with infertility, I didn't wait too long. I am 6 wks today and already in maternity pants, LOL
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #867

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton_02 View Post
I think it depends on how quickly you want to conceive. If you're ok with it taking up to a year, then just wing it. However, if you want to get pregnant fairly quickly, tracking will help you pinpoint the right to time to DTD (do the deed), as well as help you recognize any potential problems. For example, if you're cycle is 28 days long, but you don't ovulate until day 18 or 19, that would be considered a luteal phase defect, and there wouldn't be enough time for the embryo to implant. This typically means low progesterone. Just an example. Point is, if you don't conceive within 6 months, you can take your charts to your doc and see if there is an underlying issue.

I've tracked ovulation for years, and even with DTD perfectly timed, it still took us four months to conceive. Another viable option is to DTD every other day throughout your entire cycle. Good luck!
ITA. I have read and been a member of TCOYF for years. Highly recommend it! I have been charting using their free online software since before we started TTC #1. I charted a few cycles then we went for it and got pregnant with DS on the first cycle trying. With #2, it took 4 months, then the pregnancy ended in a loss, then 5 more months and finally a sticky baby! If you dont want to get that detailed yet, google Sperm Meets Egg Plan and give that a go!

Love my maternity pants! My jeans are DUO brand from JC Penney and my work pants are from Motherhood. I bought them early but didnt need them until 22 wks with DS and 16 wks this time.

Last edited by pocahontas; 09-03-2013 at 01:53 PM..
Old 09-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #868
foxy librarian

Andi- great job on maintaining your weight!!! I need to be doing better.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #869
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
ITA. I have read and been a member of TCOYF for years. Highly recommend it! I have been charting using their free online software since before we started TTC #1. I charted a few cycles then we went for it and got pregnant with DS on the first cycle trying. With #2, it took 4 months, then the pregnancy ended in a loss, then 5 more months and finally a sticky baby! If you dont want to get that detailed yet, google Sperm Meets Egg Plan and give that a go!
Yeah, Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a great book! That's how I got started with charting. Sounds like you and I had similar experiences trying. First time we ever tried, we got pregnant cycle #1 (miscarried), second time was cycle #4 (miscarried), then again on cycle #4 (twins!).
Old 09-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #870

Thanks Alie! You can do this girl, you know what it takes. I remember when I was pregnant with my first, my Mother and my sister both warned me about gaining too much weight. Each had gained 70-75 lbs with one of their pregnancies. They said it made the birth so much harder! I was already doing LC at the time so just switched to maintenance and only gained 12 lbs. I am doing the same now. We wont talk about the first tri of either though!

sutton - Whoa! That is cray. Very similar indeed!