Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #661
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I struggled with anxiety and depression my entire pregnancy. It was rough. But, I had not a single post partum issue! Happy as a clam.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #662

Gallery: pocahontas
Carlini - I am glad you are taking the steps necessary regarding your anxiety. I cant wait to find out what you are having! I will have the anatomy scan but no gender reveal!
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #663
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
I'm still on Zoloft. We lowered my dose when I found out I was pregnant but all of my doctors (even the peri ob) agreed that the benefits far outweighed the risk. Anxiety can cause high blood pressure, preterm labor, and cortisol going to the baby. I definitely did not want to be on medication while pregnant but I also didn't want the baby to be in danger.

Have you thought about prenatal yoga? It really helps me.
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #664
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Thanks ladies. I forgot to tell you that they loved it! They said they can't wait for their little one to be big enough to wear the outfit.
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #665
foxy librarian

I think I am starting to feel the baby. When I am laying down I can feel little taps sometimes

I'm not really showing yet but all of my midsection fat seems to have moved to my belly I definitely have a belly bump but it's still pretty squishy.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #666
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Hi guys! I'm back from vacation. Seattle and Alaska were wonderful...it was a very busy vacation. I ended up taking the zofran from day 2 of the cruise on, just to try to stay on top of my nausea. I did ok. I've been off it since yesterday and it SUUUUUCCKSSS. I feel so sick - nausea, headaches, crazy fatigue. Ugh. Feels like a 24/7 stomach flu. Never was that tough to go gluten free until now - all I want are things that I can't have. I wanted pizza so bad on the cruise...and grilled cheese. I had one, but gluten free bread is not what I'm craving, so it's eh. It makes me laugh how specific my stupid "cravings" are. (Don't know if they are cravings since they are just the only things that sound remotely good).

Anyway, looks like it has been busy here since I left. Glad to see everyone is doing well! I'm having an ultrasound today, so fingers crossed everything goes well!

Last edited by DD80; 08-13-2013 at 08:32 AM..
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #667
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Suzanne ~ Thanks for sharing your experience. I realize now that anxiety is more common in pregnancy then I thought. How's James doing?

Andi ~ You are a much better person then I am. There is no way I could not find out the gender. Iím not strong enough. But then again, I'm the same person that can't keep a secret for more than a minute.

Stargirl ~ I donít want to take meds when pregnant. I have read that yoga helps, along with a host of other things. Iíve managed it successfully in the past with breathing exercises and thought control (I had a HUGE fear of flying issue that I overcame). Are you doing a gender reveal? We're thinking of cupcakes filled pink or blue, and inviting the family over.

Suzie ~ Iím glad the shower went well.

DD80 ~ Welcome back. We did the Alaskan cruise last September and absolutely loved it. Let us know how the ultrasound goes.

Weíre interviewing another birth center tomorrow. We were not feeling the first one we toured. Iíve been having a lot of very mild cramping this week, along with a ton of stretching pains. Do you guys think the mild cramping is normal? I read the baby hits a growth spurt at this time, so hopefully that's the reason for all the action. I also think I feel the baby at times, but I'm not 100% sure.

Baby Boy born 10/11/13
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #668
foxy librarian

Debbie- the stretching and cramping is totally normal. Pretty sure they are called round ligament pains. I also get the sharp pain when standing up or sneezing. The cupcakes sound cute! We're not doing anything special. I'm sure we'll text our family right away and then we are going to take a picture with a blue or pink ribbon around my belly to send to everyone else

DD80- sorry about the nausea Good for you on not giving into temptation! I was not strong at all
Old 08-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #669

DD80 - back! Sounds like a fun trip, please give us an update on your u/s!

Alie - My belly looks like a squishy bump too. I am def not one to get the cute round bump that I see on thin women. Nope, not me! Mine is starting to protrude more though so that makes it a little better. Much better than the extra large spare tire look!

Debbie - I have lots of pinches and cramps and just overall growth going on too. Good luck on the next tour!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #670
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Can't wait to hear the sexes Carlini and Stargirl!

Carlini - how do you feel about amino acids during pregnancy? 5-HTP, a precursor to serotonin, might help with the anxiety. I've been taking 100mg most days throughout my pregnancy with no issues.

Also, it's not too late to get tested for the MTHFR mutation. It's actually quite common.
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #671
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I have some news... I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful! Baby was measuring small (6 week, 1 day - I'm 7+5) and heartbeat was low at 85. She said that she's seen this type of situation turn out well, but also prepared me for a miscarriage. I'm trying to think positive. I go back for another u/s next Tuesday.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #672

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Hey guys, sorry I've been MIA! Since returning to work I haven't had any time to go online! I don't know how working mothers do it! I feel like I'm constantly on the go, or busy with Little Rose.
So ok, if you remember when I was pregnant, the perinatologist said her head measured small, he was almost concerned til he looked into it and realized it was small, but still in the "normal" range. At birth her head was small. Well everything was ok til our appt last week for her 4 month well visit. Her head growth dropped from 25th percentile to 1 percentile. Doctor felt her head and think her soft spot might be closing too early. We were sent to Childrens Hospital for a head ultrasound. Got it done yesterday. We haven't heard the results yet. I guess best case scenario is that she just has a small head, and worst case is that she will need head surgery. PRAYING for best case! OMG! I am so not prepared to have my little baby go through that!
She doesn't seem to be reaching her milestones anywhere near the rate she should be, so maybe thats to blame?

anyways, here are some pics ....for those newbies, I promise you.....you have NEVER seen hair like this before!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1to4rose.jpg (52.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg hairrose.jpg (20.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 4monthrose.jpg (28.3 KB, 38 views)
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Lori37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #673

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
one more!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roseblueeyes.jpg (25.5 KB, 19 views)
Lori37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #674

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Praying for all of you with baby troubles right now.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #675
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
Well, I have some news... I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful! Baby was measuring small (6 week, 1 day - I'm 7+5) and heartbeat was low at 85. She said that she's seen this type of situation turn out well, but also prepared me for a miscarriage. I'm trying to think positive. I go back for another u/s next Tuesday.
I am sending tons of prayers your way. Hopefully, it was just a fluke and next week all will be better.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Hey guys, sorry I've been MIA! Since returning to work I haven't had any time to go online! I don't know how working mothers do it! I feel like I'm constantly on the go, or busy with Little Rose.
So ok, if you remember when I was pregnant, the perinatologist said her head measured small, he was almost concerned til he looked into it and realized it was small, but still in the "normal" range. At birth her head was small. Well everything was ok til our appt last week for her 4 month well visit. Her head growth dropped from 25th percentile to 1 percentile. Doctor felt her head and think her soft spot might be closing too early. We were sent to Childrens Hospital for a head ultrasound. Got it done yesterday. We haven't heard the results yet. I guess best case scenario is that she just has a small head, and worst case is that she will need head surgery. PRAYING for best case! OMG! I am so not prepared to have my little baby go through that!
She doesn't seem to be reaching her milestones anywhere near the rate she should be, so maybe thats to blame?

anyways, here are some pics ....for those newbies, I promise you.....you have NEVER seen hair like this before!

Sending prayers for the best case possible!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #677
foxy librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post

DD80- I went though the EXACT situation. Actually even worse, the heartbeat was only 71. They told us we had an 85% chance of miscarrying. And baby pulled through! it is VERY early. And so hard to get an accurate heartbeat at this point. They could have picked yours up. Many prayers headed your way but stay hopeful!!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #678
foxy librarian

(((Lori))) That is really scary Poor little Rose. I hope everything comes back OK. Keep us posted.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #679
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you everyone for the prayers! Star girl, thank you for sharing your story with me. It helps a lot!

Lori, my thoughts and prayers are with you!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:00 AM   #680
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, period was due today and didn't arrive. I usually wake up with it when due. I tested and it was negative. I'm hoping I ovulated a little late. I will test again on Sunday if I haven't started by then.

I really don't want to get pregnant next month. That would give baby a near identical due date as Connor. However, I wouldn't want to take a break in trying either.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:06 AM   #681

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
Well, period was due today and didn't arrive. I usually wake up with it when due. I tested and it was negative. I'm hoping I ovulated a little late. I will test again on Sunday if I haven't started by then.

I really don't want to get pregnant next month. That would give baby a near identical due date as Connor. However, I wouldn't want to take a break in trying either.
I'm praying hard for you
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:22 AM   #682

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I can't not get over roses hair!! I'm praying for her Lori
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:57 AM   #683
Senior LCF Member

DD80 - Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way!

Lori - Rose is getting so big! And still adorable. I still can't get over all that hair. I pray she just has a small head. Please keep us posted.

Suzie - fingers crossed for you!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #684
Thick and Delicious

Andi ~ How did the work announcement go?

Sutton ~ I took 5HTP and GABA with success for years. Iím going to research their use during pregnancy. Amino's are just concentrated food proteins, so I bet they are safe. Thanks for the reminder. I totally forgot about aminos.

DD80 ~ Did they do a transvaginal ultrasound? They are far more accurate during early pregnancy. I was told with this pregnancy I had less than a 5% chance of a healthy baby, because of low, non-doubling HCG levels. So far, all my scans have been great, and everything seems just fine. I remember the emotional turmoil I went through during the first 3 months, always hoping a heartbeat would be there at the next scan. Take it one day at a time, think positive, and keep the faith.

Lori ~ sending over prayers for Rose. Thanks for sharing the pics. She is just adorable.

Suzie ~ fingers crossed for a positive HPT!

Last edited by CARLINI; 08-14-2013 at 07:16 AM..
Old 08-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #685
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post

Prayers for you!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:39 AM   #686
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Sutton!

Carlini, they did a regular ultrasound. I had a transvaginal the first time. Thank you for sharing your story. I hope that I have good news next week! My MS is still going very strong (I like to call it "all day awesomeness") and I've only had one small brown spot when wiping this whole pregnancy. It was so small, I really wasn't even sure it was there. Here's hopin'!

Last edited by DD80; 08-14-2013 at 07:40 AM..
Old 08-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #687

DD80 - Positive thoughts coming your way!

Lori - Rose is so adorable! Please keep us posted. Some babies are just slower at reaching their milestones so try not to think the worst. They usually all catch up in the first couple of years.

Suzie - We almost skipped the month we got pregnant because we didnt want another January baby. Lo and behold, we got our BFP!

Sutton - How is the carpal tunnel?

Carlini - I have only told HR. Nobody else knows even though I walk around here with a baby bump. I work with all men though so I dont think they would dare say anything. The only other woman in the office is the HR person. This place is so disconnected and not at all the family environment of my last job so the big announcement just doesnt feel right.

Last edited by pocahontas; 08-14-2013 at 09:12 AM..
Old 08-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #688
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Sutton - How is the carpal tunnel?
Aren't you sweet to ask. It's still there, but thankfully it hasn't gotten any worse, and may have even gotten slightly better. Either that, or I'm just getting used to it. I was really concerned with having to inject myself with a slightly numb hand, but I did my first injection last night, and it went fine.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #689
foxy librarian

DD80- They did a regular ultrasound with me too because my uterus is tilted and they were having a hard time finding the baby. I believe that definitely contributed to the difficulty in finding the hb.

My appt is at 10:30 tomorrow. I am seriously dying over here I cannot wait to find out. If baby doesn't cooperate we'll have to wait another month!!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #690
Thick and Delicious

Stargirl, you have to let us know right away. I can't stand the suspense.

We LOVED the birth center. As long as I stay low risk, this is probably the route we will go. I'm going to think it over a little more before making a final decision.

Odd question, but when can you feel your uterus through your stomach? I swear I was able to feel it around 13 weeks, but now I can't find it. I would think that by almost 17 weeks I should be feeling it at this point? Maybe it's because I'm overweight. I can tell my midsection is changing. I don't have a baby bump, but I've developed this awesome muffin top, and my waistline seems to be disappearing. I hope it's because the uterus is pushing everything up and out? Hopefully growth is not a problem. It’s been a full week since I heard the heartbeat, so the psychosis is starting to kick in.

Last edited by CARLINI; 08-15-2013 at 07:40 AM..