Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #631
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
Has anyone used a cosleeper? I really want one but I hate to buy something the same price as a crib if the baby isnt going to use it.
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #632
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
stargirl - I have not used a co-sleeper, sorry! My SIL used one with both kids but only for a couple months each, she loved it. We kept DS in the Rock N Play next to our bed for the first couple months then moved him to his crib. He was a really good sleeper though so that would play a role in how long you will keep them in your room, especially when nursing! I would suggest finding one on craigslist or from a friend if you can. They are certainly expensive!

Indulging in a cup of steel cut oats with walnuts this morning. Its chilly here and eggs just sounded .

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #633
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Yeah, those cosleepers aren't cheap. I would love to have one, but the twins one is even more expensive. Stargirl, will there be more kiddos in the future? If so, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad investment.

Andi - it was chilly there? I'm so jealous!

Well, we're headed to my hometown for our first baby shower. Everyone have a good weekend!
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #634
foxy librarian

Have fun at you shower Sutton!

I am actually looking into one of those in the bed sleepers. Much cheaper.

You know, I honestly don't know if I want more kids. It always amazes me when people know how many kids they want before they have any. Like, how do you know what it's like to be a parent? What if your first kid is a nightmare I grew up with siblings and that was fun but I would be fine having an only child. I'll just have to see how it goes. My husband does want 2 though.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #635

We always knew we wanted 2. Always. I love that relationship between siblings and watching them play and fight LOL and just grow up together. We do not want to be outnumbered though so 2 is our magical number.

sutton - the Bay Area can be chilly in the summer time. I work in the City where it gets windy. We live in teh East Bay though and the weather is much nicer there but still if it gets into the 80's everyone start whining about how HOT it is. Have fun at your shower!
Old 08-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #636

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I tried the co sleeper, did not like it. I just ended up putting him next to me in bed.
suzanneyea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:53 AM   #637

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
I tried the co sleeper, did not like it. I just ended up putting him next to me in bed.
Us too. It was a lot easier without it. Both kids were only in bed with us a short time though.

Dh says he's done having kids, especially with how hard Stella was her 1st 2 months. I'm not sure. I don't necessarily want more kids but I love being pregnant and I love the baby age
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #638
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
we haven't even put the "more kids" discussion on the table yet! My DH has just started his own business and is back to traveling for work so I really don't want the added circus of adding another one just yet. But I also loved being pregnant.

For sleeping, we used the rock 'n play for about 4 months, then switched over to a bedside bassinet, and now she's in the pack n play. We haven't moved her to her crib yet. But I think a co-sleeper in the middle of the bed would have helped my hubby hear her fussing in the middle of the night instead of her being on my side of the bed. I'd have to wake him up for him to get up with her, and at that point I'm like well I guess I'll just get up and let him sleep.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #639
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
We probably have the identical story as Krissy. We used the Rock and Play, then the bassinett (but that was on DH's side! ) and now he's in the Pack and Play (we just got a firmer mattress for it). If we ever get into our new house and he can have his own room, we'll get him in his own crib. We've put him in his big brother's crib and he seems to be really happy in there so I'm hoping the transition won't be so bad. The main thing I'm worried about is him being in his own room since he's been with us since he was born (he'll be 10 months this Sunday). But right now while we get our hous(es) situations settled, we are in our 2 bedroom townhouse, so he is still with us in our room. And he does NOT like to go to sleep early like his big brother. They are total opposites in those regards, lol!

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Happycat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #640
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
*I should add, baby Ethan DOES have his own crib, it's just back at the house we are trying to sell for "staging" purposes and for the fact that you really can't get that sucker out of the bedroom without taking it apart first or without taking the door off the hinges! So, I just built the other crib inside Brandon's bedroom in the townhouse. Eventually though, the movers will have to figure out how to get those suckers out of where they are now and into where they will be staying!
Happycat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:04 AM   #641

Hiya everyone. I'm reading and praying for all of you. Just super busy here. Things are good. My son starts preschool on Monday and I'm in shock!! We decided to send him to a private school which will evaluate him and allow him to start kindergarten next year if he's ready. He misses the age cutoff by 12 days. If he isn't ready he'll just do another year of pre-k.

Stella is awesome she is officially crawling on all 4s and getting into everything! She sleeps very well from 8:30-5:30, has a bottle and then sleeps until about 8:30. So we get 12 hours. Her naps aren't going so well now but it's our fault. We've been so busy and have had so much company that we haven't established a good routine. I usually get about an hour and a half mid day but other than that its sporadic.
She is eating very well. Starting her on finger foods to supplement the purées I make. She absolutely loves zucchini and bananas.

Here is her 7 month picture. Impossible to take because she just wanted to play with her number and bear!!

image.jpg
Current 12/7: 98.0
Goal: healtHy and fit
Old 08-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #642
Senior LCF Member

Awe, Stella looks so sweet in her 7 month pic. She looks a lot different than the baby pics in your avatar. Sounds like she is doing great with her crawling, eating, and sleeping! Kudos! I'm sure it is hard to believe that your son starts pre-k. "They grow so fast."

Well, we had our shower Saturday, and really racked up. Plus, I got four huge bags of baby boy clothes from my cousin. Now I gotta' get all this stuff organized! And of course, there is still plenty of necessities that we need to purchase. Why don't people buy off the freakin' registries?! That's what they're for! Oh well, I'll return some of the non-essentials, and we also got gift certificates, so we should be able to get most of the necessities with those.

My mom also made the crib skirts and painted an old dresser teal for the nursery. Everything is really coming together! I'll get pics up once it's picture ready.

I'll be turning into a human pin cushion over the next week or so. First, I am doing my own blood glucose testing, instead of the oral glucose tolerance test, so will be testing for the next week (no biggie). On top of that, I will be starting Lovenox injections, an anti-coagulant, as a precaution because I am homozygous MTHFR. This gene mutation puts me at risk for blood clots, which would be fatal to the babies if there were any clots in the placentas. I've never had any problems, but again, it's just precautionary. I'll be injecting that daily for the rest of my pregnancy. Not fun.

Other than having to stab myself with needles everyday, things are going great!

How is everyone else doing?
Old 08-08-2013, 05:37 AM   #643

We only got a few things off the registry too. People like to shop for babies but only for the fun stuff!

We had to buy Stella a new car seat yesterday. She was growing out of the infant one and our old one from our son wouldn't fit into my car so no more infant carrier, she's in a big girl seat!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #644
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: A long time ago
Well ladies, I finished my Femera and started testing for ovulation 2 days ago. I'm on CD 14 today. I'm really hoping I ovulate early this month, because hubby's leaving for Canada for 4 days on Sunday night- right smack in the middle of the time I should ovulate.
Oregon Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #645

Shana - I hate when that happens! GL!!!

DP - Stella is growing up so fast! What a cutie!

sutton - Yup, people buy whatever they want. We put so much work into those registries too! I was lucky in that my parents and DH's parents bought the bigger items from our registry. I also had friends that were new mom's and bought the smaller items from my registry because they knew they were essentials! Otherwise, I returned any duplicates or items I would never use and bought what I needed. Glad the shower was fun though! Here in CA, it is common to have a shower for every baby but I have opted to pass on it. We were team green with DS too so we have plenty of neutral newborn stuff. I'm going to wait and have a "Meet the Baby!" party.

Not much going on here. I will be 18 wks on Monday. I have been feeling movement the last week or so. It isn't steady but I can definitely feel it. the other day I felt a butt or head near my belly button and when I pressed on it, I felt the baby completely flip over! With DS, I didnt feel him until after 20 wks so this has been fun.

Carlini - Where are you mama? We need an update!

Last edited by pocahontas; 08-08-2013 at 09:30 AM..
Old 08-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #646

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Just back from a week n wildwood. Vacationing with a toddler is not very relaxing! He loved NYC!
suzanneyea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #647
Senior LCF Member

Shana - that sucks, but maybe he's got super sperm that can survive for days! I guess we all know what you'll be up to this weekend.

Andi - Wow, 18 weeks already! Chuggin' along! That's awesome that you can feel him/her already. When me and my sister were around 20 weeks, she kept asking me if I'd felt the babies, which I hadn't. Apparently she was feeling quite a bit from hers, but it is her second child, so I think you typically feel them a lot earlier. Are you getting the anatomy scan at 20 weeks?

Suzanne - sounds like a fun trip! Would love to hear more.

I started my BG monitoring and this is a total joke. My numbers are picture perfect. Most of my 2 hour postprandial readings have been in the 80s, and the highest was like 92 after some fruit with dinner. I'm really thinking about forgoing the rest of the week and just making up numbers. Why waste the money on strips and prick my fingers all day, when I obviously have no BG issues and eat a LC diet.

Last edited by sutton_02; 08-08-2013 at 02:09 PM..
Old 08-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #648
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Positive OPK today, we're going in for IUI tomorrow morning when the fertility clinic opens!!!! Guess we didn't need to worry about ovulating late this month.
Oregon Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
Positive OPK today, we're going in for IUI tomorrow morning when the fertility clinic opens!!!! Guess we didn't need to worry about ovulating late this month.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:38 AM   #650
KQT

Quote:
YAY! GOOD LUCK!
KQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #651
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
I am SO excited for you! We'll be here for that two week wait!

Another one wondering where Ms. Carlini is?!

Andi is 18 weeks already? Where did the time go?

I need to catch up on this thread. Hannah is keeping me plenty busy, along with keeping the house ready to show. We're moving in three weeks. I decided to drive since I wasn't sure on putting the baby and the dog on a plane. It's 16 hours to Michigan and we have done the drive a ton of times, but never with the baby. I'm expecting we'll have to pull over a lot so she can eat. I have a good little stash of frozen breastmilk, about 50 oz. I'm wondering how I'm going to transport it and keep it good? Dry ice in a cooler maybe? It's not a huge stash but pumping is such a pain in the butt I would hate to have to build it up again.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #652
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl21 View Post
Has anyone used a cosleeper? I really want one but I hate to buy something the same price as a crib if the baby isnt going to use it.

This is our pack-n-play that Hannah sleeps in, the bassinet clicks out and functions as a rock-n-play. We LOVE it. Her super expensive crib hasn't even been used yet.

I had no idea cosleepers were so expensive. What style are you looking at? Maybe you could pick one up used.

**Wanted to edit for OT, just saw that hubby will be out of town for O. Have sex RIGHT before he leaves, if your cervical mucous is good it could still happen! That's how you get a baby girl, or so they say. I am embarrassed for even saying this out loud, but I wonder if you could throw some stuff in the freezer :-P I would hate for you to waste a perfectly good cycle.

Last edited by SouthernCJ; 08-09-2013 at 07:43 AM..
SouthernCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #653
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
I'm glad everyone is doing well. I'm still around, just haven't been posting as much!

We are coming up on my next expected period next week. We shall see!

My dearest friend is getting closer to having her baby. He is due Oct. 1. Her baby shower is this weekend. I'm having a bit harder time with it than expected. I'm so, so so, happy for her. However, Baby N and Connor were suppose to grow up together. It is hard getting closer to Baby N arriving.

I got her some cute baby stuff as a gift. Also, Mike and I talked it over and we wanted to give one of the special outfits we have that were purchased for Connor. I boxed/wrapped this separately and wrote a note to her and her DH about the outfit. My mom and a mutual friend thought this was a nice idea. I was worried it was weird or morbid. Connor, of course, never wore the outfit. I just want Baby N, who was suppose to be his close buddy to have something of his. Do you think that is okay? The shower is tomorrow evening.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #654
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Sorry I haven't been around. I took a week off work and DH and I were busy with house projects. Just to update, I did end up dying my hair, and I’m so happy I did. It was bad. My hairdresser is 12 weeks pregnant. I figure if she isn’t concerned, I shouldn’t be.

Andi ~ 18 weeks already! Time goes by fast! I can’t wait to feel movement. It’s got to be the coolest feeling. Are you doing a 20 week scan?

Shana ~ So nice to see you again! I used Femara. It made me only slightly crazy. I had a great result with it, and we got pregnant on the second cycle of use. Good luck! You know I’m rooting for you.

Stargirl ~ I’ve considered the co-sleeper too. They are expensive and can only be used for a limited time. I really like the idea of the pack n play, since its multi-use. We’re still undecided though.

DP ~ Stella is adorable, and she’s growing so fast!

Sutton ~ Glad your shower went well. Sorry you got a bunch of stuff you don’t need, but I’m glad you were able to return it and get what you need. Just curious, how were you diagnosed with MTHFR?

CJ ~ I’m guessing dry ice would be your best bet. You definitely do not want to lose your stash!

Suzie ~ I think that’s a wonderful idea. Not morbid at all. Keep us posted on this cycle.

AFM ~ 16 weeks today! We had an appointment last night with a midwife with a free standing birth center. We probably will not birth with them, but she pulled out the doppler and we got to hear the baby. My next appointment with the OB isn't for another two weeks, and I can always use the extra reassurance.

I’m in a very odd stage right now. I feel normal. I really have zero symptoms, even my boobs don’t really hurt anymore. At the same time, I don’t have a bump yet, and can’t feel movement. It almost seems like I’m not pregnant at all. It’s very weird to feel this way after “feeling” pregnant for so long! Not pregnant I normally suffer from anxiety to varying degrees. It seems like pregnancy has sent my anxiety into overdrive. It’s overwhelming. I am considering therapy, because I don’t think this constant stress is good for the baby, and I can’t seem to cope. My gut tells me the baby is going to be just fine, but the fear and anxiety tell me something else. We did end up buying the crib from Costco. That seemed to further my anxiety. It’s so sad I have to fight this battle in my mind, when this should be such a happy time. And I’ve waited so long to be here.

Baby Boy born 10/11/13

Last edited by CARLINI; 08-09-2013 at 10:14 AM..
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #655

Carlini - It is totally normal to lose your pregnancy symptoms at around 15 wks. Google it! Trust me, I dont suggest googling much about pregnancy but this one I do. You know why? I went through the same fear this time and even called my doc. He assured me it was normal and safe to google. Dont be worried about movement. This is my second which I believe is rather common to feel them earlier. With my first, I didnt feel him until after 20 wks.

I will be doing the 20 wks scan. It will be my second u/s and I believe it to be the most important of them all. It will reveal any abnormalities or potential issues for birth. It's non-negotiable in my opinion. Even though I am a repeat c-sect, issues could still arise and it's best to have a plan in place should there be any problems.

CJ - We loved our pack n play but DS out grew the bassinet very quickly! He was a big baby though. We switched to the Rock N Play and he slept there until he was 4 or 5 mo. Loved that thing!

Suzie - I think it is a wonderful and thoughtful idea.

Last edited by pocahontas; 08-09-2013 at 10:46 AM..
Old 08-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #656
Senior LCF Member

OT - I feel silly making that comment about knowing what you'll be up to this weekend, since I obviously missed the fact that y'all are doing IUI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Sutton ~ Glad your shower went well. Sorry you got a bunch of stuff you don’t need, but I’m glad you were able to return it and get what you need. Just curious, how were you diagnosed with MTHFR?
My dad had heart problems starting at a young age. He had a heart attack when he was like 34, even though he was actually very fit. He's deceased, but several years ago, I was telling my doc all this, and she had me tested. I've had no known issues with it, but I have had two miscarriages, which I often wonder about. I've been taking baby aspirin this entire pregnancy, and like I mentioned, am about to start the Lovenox. Sounds like you are familiar with MTHFR. Do you have the gene mutation?

Regarding your anxieties, I was the same way around that time. I did not feel pregnant AT ALL. I would get butterflies every time I walked in for an ultrasound, because I was terrified of them not finding heartbeats. And of course, everything was always more than fine, which I'm sure is the case with you.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:07 AM   #657
KQT

Carlini - you're over the first trimester and easing into your 2nd - hopefully this is the time you'll feel your best! By now the placenta has taken over and your body gets a little break. When you get to your 3rd tri, you'll be back to feeling large and puffy! And I'm not ashamed to say that I purchased a fetal heart doppler after my 10w appt. It was $60 and I'd listen to the baby as often as I wanted to ease my mind, as I was echoing your thoughts exactly. It was my way to relax my mind from worrying about her in there!

Susie - I think it's a great idea to pass on Connor's present to Baby N.

Sutton - I have started giving practical gifts for baby showers now too, with all my infinite motherly instincts. There was a few outfits that never made it off the hanger by the time she'd grow out of them!
KQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #658
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Thanks ladies! I have it all wrapped up with a special note inside. I'm going to sneak that to her husband to take out to the car for later at the beginning of the shower.
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #659
foxy librarian

I think that is a very sweet idea Suzie!

Thanks for the opinions on the cosleeper. I'm still undecided but hadn't thought about the pack and play. Good idea!

I'm 16 weeks and we have an appt on Thursday to hopefully find out the sex! I'm so anxious to know.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #660
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Thanks Andi. I know you’re right, and I’ve read that online as well. Thanks for making me feel better.

Sutton ~ In my research of repeat miscarriage is where I read about the gene mutation. I don’t think my RE tested me for that though. I was tested for other clotting disorders. My dad also had heart problems from a young age and had a triple by-pass in his 40’s. I was on aspirin for a short time in the beginning, but didn’t stay on it. I wish they would have tested me.

KQT ~ I thought about the dopper as well. I should be feeling the baby soon, so I probably won’t buy one. I wish I did earlier though.

So I given it some thought and I don’t think the anxiety I’m experiencing is normal. I’m strongly considering therapy or at minimum bringing it up with the OB at my next appointment on the 23rd. Last night, while I was trying to fall asleep, I almost had a panic attack. Crazy thoughts go through my head, and I can’t seem to manage it. Now I’m afraid I’ll have post-partum problems too.

In other news, I think I’m starting to show. I’m losing my waistline. I’m chunky, so I didn’t have much of one to start with, but I can see the difference. At my next appt on the 23rd I’ll be 18 weeks and we’ll find out the gender. I’ll have the 20 week ultrasound scheduled two weeks after that. It seems to be going really fast now.

Last edited by CARLINI; 08-12-2013 at 08:57 AM..
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote