Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #601
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
Sorry Debbie, I have no experience with dying hair. I have never done it! I have thought about the doppler before but I fear it will cause anxiety if I dont find the heartbeat or something. I think I will pass on any extra stress.

sutton - thanks! DH says it has to be fluid too! Ill keep plugging along and hope it goes away soon.

DP - So great to hear from you! I bet Stella is a busy little bee these days.
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #602
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
I highlight my hair (so bleach) and waited until after the first trimester, but it's really not necessary. Just a super paranoid first time mom The fumes are what you need to worry about, and my salon is really well ventilated.
SouthernCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #603
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Zoneish, Organic, GrassFed, Gluten-Free 5/13
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I was wondering about the hair dying thing too, as I get highlights. I was thinking it wouldn't be too bad since the dye doesn't touch my scalp, but am being overly conscious. I appreciate the discussion and will probably wait until 2nd tri. (Oh will I be scary looking!!)

I went to the dr today and she is doing beta tests since I was concerned about being on the cruise with no medical care during week 6-8. I'm probably being stupid, but was worried about ectopic ( need to stop reading!). I had my blood taken today and will again Saturday. I fell asleep when I got home and kept dreaming my numbers were low...I'm obviously more freaked out than I think. I have a headache and slight nausea seems to come on at night so it doesn't help my anxiety. I haven't had any spotting and cramping has been light with only a few times of "ow." I really think I'm being stupid.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #604

DD80 - I think the beta's will put your mind at ease. If all looks well then you shouldnt have anything to worry about on your cruise.

Well I have lost 1 of the 4 lbs I gained last week. It is certainly slow going but then maybe I have just gained a couple? I am almost 16 wks so its not unheard of at this point. My belly is really starting to pop and it is strange to see it so early. Im going to have to tell work next week so I can comfortably roll in in my loose tops with belly out.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:57 AM   #605
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Well, happy Monday everyone! I am draaaaaging butt today. I've already taken a power nap in one of the lactation rooms at work.

DD80 - When will they have your Saturday numbers back?

Andi - Good luck telling work! I had to tell mine earlier than I would've liked since it was twins. I figured I'd be showing a lot earlier, but also, I was having more appointments than I would with a singleton. I think I told my immediate supervisor around 12 weeks.

So, I allowed myself a few treats over the weekend, and it was totally not worth it. I had some salted caramel gelato on Friday and then some sea salt caramel candies on Sunday. I feel puffy now, but hopefully that'll go down within a couple days of super clean eating. I'm going out of town this coming weekend for my first shower, and I really don't want to loosen my eating too much. I'm thinking fruit will be my "treat." I will not succumb to "pregnancy is the time to enjoy cake" comments.

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #606
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend.

Our trip was fantastic. We had such a great time and I definitely had plenty of energy! I did indulge quite a bit and really need to rein in my eating and weight gain. Overall I feel great. I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow. I have some slight stretching pains in my abdomen but that is it lately. Still tired but that seems to be lifting a bit. Not showing at all but I'm sure that has to do with my weight.
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #607
Major LCF Poster!

Hey guys! They just called while I was writing this! They said that my numbers look good and that they are high enough that I can come in for an ultrasound to see the heartbeat before I go. Yay! I guess this means I might be further along than I think (5+4)...I guess we will see....

I'm getting to a point where nothing sounds good to eat. Not really nauseous, but everything sounds icky. Last week it was crave something, make it, eat it once, never want it again. I'm running out of things to eat! Packing lunch today was difficult because nothing sounds good...even my staples like coffee (decaf with almond milk and coocnut oil) and a trio bar (nuts and dried fruit). That used to be my go to breakfast...I loved it! I dreamed about it! Now I'm sitting here drinking tea because coffee sounds....ick... Being gluten free wasn't hard before this!!

Pocahontas - thanks! I think you are doing just fine. I am not afraid of maternity pants...I already bought some. I wish I could wear them everyday even when not pregnant. They are so comfy!

Sutton, I totally would take naps - I think that's awesome! Hope you get some energy back! I know I'm drained...

Stargirl - glad you had a great vacation! You'll be fine - it's ok to indulge a little on vacation - I plan to! But, I don't want to gain too much either!

Last edited by DD80; 07-29-2013 at 08:35 AM..
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #608
foxy librarian

DD80- that is great about the numbers! Just please do not get worried if they cannot find a heartbeat yet. We tried at 7 weeks and it was very low and they didn't give us much hope. We went back at 9 weeks and babe had a good, strong HB but those 2 weeks were really tough. I almost wish they would have waited until 10 weeks to see me.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #609
Senior LCF Member

Yay DD80! Congrats on the great numbers! Now you can, hopefully, enjoy that cruise. Fingers crossed that you can keep the morning sickness at bay, so you can enjoy the trip.

I am right there with you when you say nothing sounds good to eat. I went through that the first trimester, and it has come back this past week or so. I've been able to enjoy a couple bunless burgers, but a lot of the time I feel like I'm just eating for nutrition, not pleasure. Especially breakfast and lunch! I wish I could have this happen when I'm NOT pregnant. Sure would make fat loss a lot easier!
Old 07-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #610
foxy librarian

I cannot get enough fruit these days! It's all I want.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #611

Hi ladies!

Ali - Glad you had a great trip!

sutton - Get all the sleep you can! Great that your office has lactation rooms, we have nowhere here for me to pump.

DD80 - Great news! Keep us posted.

I have been having greek yogurt w/ organic blueberries for breakfast for the last week or so but I am starving shortly afterward so it may have to go. I was hoping it would help in the calcium dept since I am not a milk drinker. Oh well, I will find another solution. Fruit is so delish when pregnant! I wonder why that is? I had a crazy love affair with the green grapes from my Farmer's Market. My weight is holding steady and I am 16wks today! Im going to focus on really cleaning up my diet this week. The first tri was a struggle, it was for me last time too. I think I cleaned up around 15 wks so I am late this time! Looking forward to my appt on Wed.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #612
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton_02 View Post
Yay DD80! Congrats on the great numbers! Now you can, hopefully, enjoy that cruise. Fingers crossed that you can keep the morning sickness at bay, so you can enjoy the trip.

I am right there with you when you say nothing sounds good to eat. I went through that the first trimester, and it has come back this past week or so. I've been able to enjoy a couple bunless burgers, but a lot of the time I feel like I'm just eating for nutrition, not pleasure. Especially breakfast and lunch! I wish I could have this happen when I'm NOT pregnant. Sure would make fat loss a lot easier!
Thanks guys! Sutton, I keep thinking the same thing - I WISH I could care less about food when I'm not pregnant. UGH! And stargirl, all I want is fruit too! I have blueberries and strawberries and they are the only things that sound remotely edible right now.

I called an left a message to see what my actual numbers were. I want to look online and see if I can estimate. My Dr was adamant about not having an ultrasound until at least 8 weeks, so I'm surprised they said I should come in. This is why I wonder if I'm further along. I had a strange period the month before where I had some spotting at day 25 and then two days of moderate bleeding at day 29. My cycle is usually 26-28 days, for 4-5 days, so it was strange. I felt weird too, and gained 5 -6 lbs slowly over the next two weeks, all in my belly, then lost it all over July 4th weekend (which is when I would have been ovulating again and when my love of coffee went kaput!). I haven't gained any weight since then - beein hovering around 166-168, which is where I was hovering before.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #613

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I wanted fruit more than anything during my pregnancy. But, when I ate any, it caused horrible cravings and mood swings. So, I spent nine months longing for it!
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #614
Major LCF Poster!

I bought those psi bands (Acupressure bands) for morning sickness/motion sickness. I'm not prone to motion sickness, but figured it couldn't hurt. I have them on right now...and have been wearing them most of the weekend. I don't know if I've noticed much of a difference. Anybody try them?
Old 07-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #615
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Hi ladies,

First of all- CONGRATULATIONS to Andi and Carlini! I'm so glad it finally happened for both of you.

I'm back for support. I had to take a break from all of the updating, actively trying, etc. It was just too much. I have a bit of news to share. We finally had an appointment at the fertility clinic. Hubby went in for a second semen analysis and the numbers were much better. I have been tested for PCOS and have some symptoms that point to it, but nothing definitive. I had an ultrasound of my ovaries today and there were no cysts. Yay! At our initial appointment last week, we talked IVF based on DH's initial test results. with the improved numbers, we're looking at IUI and we're going in THIS CYCLE! Holy smokes....wish me luck. I start Femara today to induce ovulation, then wait until I ovulate. Bring it on!!!

Shana
Oregon Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #616

OMG, Shana! It is so great to hear from you and what exciting news! No better way to start than to just jump right in. I'm so glad you have come back to let us know and please keep us posted.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #617
Major LCF Poster!

Soooo...just threw up. I hope this isn't an everyday thing. I hate throwing up.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #618
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
Soooo...just threw up. I hope this isn't an everyday thing. I hate throwing up.
All I keep thinking is a quote from Anchorman..."that escalated quickly!"

I'm feeling pretty sick still. I didn't want to take any drugs, but I might ask for some anti-nausea pills for my trip. I'd hate to be snorkeling or in a helicopter feeling like this.

So my levels were something like 8,000 last Thursday (5 weeks), and 15,000 on Saturday (5+2). Seems high and doubling fast, but we shall see what we see today.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #619
Senior LCF Member

Andi - That breakfast sounds yummy! You're right, though, it doesn't stick with you very long. I looooove Greek yogurt and have had it here and there, but for the most part I avoid dairy. Enjoy some for me!

Yeah, I agree with Suzanne about the fruit - it definitely causes cravings. I can get away with frozen berries and coconut milk, but any higher sugar fruit sends me on a hunt for more!

DD80 - I haven't tried the bands b/c I didn't have morning sickness, but I have heard good things about them. Sorry you just threw up. Not fun. Good luck today. Keep us posted!

Oregon Transplant - Good luck with your first cycle!

I get to see my boys via ultrasound in a few hours! Can't wait!

Last edited by sutton_02; 07-30-2013 at 07:52 AM..
Old 07-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton_02 View Post

I get to see my boys via ultrasound in a few hours! Can't wait!
Exciting!
Old 07-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #621
Major LCF Poster!

So everything went well. We saw the sac, but no heartbeat - it's still way early though. No sign of ectopic. She also saw a cyst on my ovary, but said it was a good thing because it means I'm producing enough progesterone. She said it should go away after the first trimester.

I picked up some ginger gum on the way home, as well as some extra B6. Eating at a constant rate has helped. I had her prescribe me some zofran just in case and I'll pick that up after work.

Sutton - how'd it go?

Last edited by DD80; 07-30-2013 at 03:03 PM..
Old 07-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #622
foxy librarian

Sutton- hope your ultrasound went well!

DD80- glad you had a good appt! I had the cyst too and it disappeared by 10 weeks. Sorry about the morning sickness I've heard about a combination of B6 and Unisom that really helps. Maybe you can do some research into that if you don't want to take te zofran.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #623
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl21 View Post
Sutton- hope your ultrasound went well!

DD80- glad you had a good appt! I had the cyst too and it disappeared by 10 weeks. Sorry about the morning sickness I've heard about a combination of B6 and Unisom that really helps. Maybe you can do some research into that if you don't want to take te zofran.
Thanks Stargirl. I read about the B6 unisom thing too. I wonder why unisom? Weird...
Old 07-31-2013, 06:20 AM   #624
Senior LCF Member

DD80 - Yeah, I too found that eating more frequently in the first tri kept the queasies at bay. Congrats on a positive appointment!

The growth scan yesterday went great! Boys are growing right on target. Baby A (Ancho) has always been the smaller of the two, and is weighing approximately 2lbs, while Baby B (Bacon) is about 2lbs 2oz. We didn't get to see Ancho's face because he was facing my back, but we got some good shots of Bacon. He is super cute, if I do say so myself! I think he'll look a lot like my husband.

I was really hoping for big twins (at least 7lbs each), but now I'm not so sure that is going to happen. They are currently around the 40th percentile compared to singletons. I guess I could stop eating healthy, start eating a crap ton of sugar, and get them big with GD. NOT! Plus, those are just weight guestimates based on abdominal size, head size, and femur length. Maybe I have very dense babies!

Last edited by sutton_02; 07-31-2013 at 06:33 AM..
Old 07-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #625
foxy librarian

Sounds great Sutton! When are you due again?
Old 07-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #626
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl21 View Post
Sounds great Sutton! When are you due again?
My 40 week due date is Oct. 31, but they'll most likely come before 38 weeks, or mid-October.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #627

Sutton - 7lbs ea is pretty ambitious but you still have 3 months to go so I bet they get to 6ish. That is a healthy weight for twins! These last months is when they will really start to put on weight.

Had my 16wks appt today and all was great! Heartbeat was good and baby was very active, we could hear the swishing on the doppler. My BP is great and weight is up a few lbs. I'll take it.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #628
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like a great appointment Andi! Awesome!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #629
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
Start Date: December 2009
Just skimmed quick but so glad to see OT back here! Good luck on your first cycle, I can't wait to hear back. Lots of BFP's and healthy babies around here, I'm loving it!
SouthernCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #630
foxy librarian

Glad you had a good appt Andi!