Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #571
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton_02 View Post
Awe, Andi, you're crushing my hopes and dreams of getting rid of this carpal tunnel. Well, if there's no point of denying myself the dark chocolate...
Im just saying, I dont think I would give up my dark chocolate over it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post

We saw an adorable crib/dresser at Costco this weekend. I thought about buying it but is it too soon? It would be nice to take care of the nursery and things on our "baby to do list" before I'm in the third trimester and feeling huge and tired. What do you guys think? How soon is too soon to do the nursery?
If you find something you like, BUY IT! One lesson I have learned, the item is not always there later even if you think it will be.
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #572
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Quote:
We saw an adorable crib/dresser at Costco this weekend. I thought about buying it but is it too soon? It would be nice to take care of the nursery and things on our "baby to do list" before I'm in the third trimester and feeling huge and tired. What do you guys think? How soon is too soon to do the nursery?
I don't think it's too early. I mean, God forbid something did happen, you're still planning on having a baby eventually, right? But since you've already had a great NT scan, I bet you'll be meeting this bambino. I'd much rather spread out all the expenses and preparation, rather than trying to shove it all into a few months.

Andi - LOL, you're too funny. You could be right though . . . dark chocolate might be worth the numb fingers.
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #573
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
I agree with sutton, buy the furniture when you see it and then you can mark it off the list. Honestly, Brooke is 9 months and has yet to take a single nap or nighttime sleep in her crib, we use her pack & play all the time and just move it from room to room. But it is much easier to have more stuff taken care off earlier as opposed to the last minute runaround.

I'm still feeling some of the effects of carpal tunnel. I thought it was pregnancy induced but it's still lingering. Now I notice it tingling every morning on my drive into work and whenever I feed B with a spoon - after awhile my hand numbs up. Weird.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #574
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
I'm still feeling some of the effects of carpal tunnel. I thought it was pregnancy induced but it's still lingering. Now I notice it tingling every morning on my drive into work and whenever I feed B with a spoon - after awhile my hand numbs up. Weird.
Noooooooooooooooo! It's only temporary, it's only temporary, it's only temporary. It seems to be getting worse. Last night I woke up twice with pain radiating through my entire arm. It almost felt like a muscle spasm. Eeeegads. I'm going to pay a visit to the chiropractor this week, to see if that helps. I haven't seen her in a couple weeks, but it always seems to be slightly better after an adjustment.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #575
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
Wow I never heard about the carpal tunnel during pregnancy. What a drag. I hope you get some relief soon!

I'm officially in the 2nd trimester!!! Wow. Early on each day went so slow but now it seems like they are just flying by. I'm waiting for this energy boost to kick in soon. I have been so tired for the last week. I also can't believe I still have 27 weeks left! My husband and I were talking yesterday after the NT scan that at this point we've seen baby so much that we just can't wait to meet him/her. It is going to feel like an eternity.
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #576
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl21 View Post
Wow I never heard about the carpal tunnel during pregnancy. What a drag. I hope you get some relief soon!

I'm officially in the 2nd trimester!!! Wow. Early on each day went so slow but now it seems like they are just flying by. I'm waiting for this energy boost to kick in soon. I have been so tired for the last week. I also can't believe I still have 27 weeks left! My husband and I were talking yesterday after the NT scan that at this point we've seen baby so much that we just can't wait to meet him/her. It is going to feel like an eternity.
My husband and I were just talking about this! I told him that I can wait though because it was a lot easier getting the baby in there than it will be gettin' it out! Yikes!

On a different note, I didn't know pregnancy could cause carpal tunnel? I suffer from some nerve pain on my left side (shoulder/hip/leg) and going gluten free helped tremendously. Unfortuately the pain has been back the last few days. I guess it's the pregnancy... I hope going low carb relieves some of your pain, Sutton!

Last edited by DD80; 07-23-2013 at 09:07 AM..
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #577
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yay! Welcome to the second trimester! I bet you'll be full of energy in no time. I know what you mean about meeting baby. It's like once you get out the first trimester, time just slows to a crawl. I always thought I'd want pregnancy to last as long as possible, so I could "enjoy" it, but I'm ready for them to be here already! And I'm ready for my body to belong to ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
On a different note, I didn't know pregnancy could cause carpal tunnel? I suffer from some nerve pain on my left side (shoulder/hip/leg) and going gluten free helped tremendously. Unfortuately the pain has been back the last few days. I guess it's the pregnancy... I hope going low carb relieves some of your pain, Sutton!
Thanks! Me too! If not, no harm, no foul. I need to lay off the fruit anyways. I'll bet yours is pregnancy related too. Pregnancy does such crazy things to our bodies.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #578
foxy librarian

We are leaving tomorrow for a short vacation- 3 days in Boston to visit family and then 2 days in NYC. I was really hoping I'd be more energetic by now! I hope I'm not a drag. I can't go without my afternoon naps these days.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #579
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
We are leaving tomorrow for a short vacation- 3 days in Boston to visit family and then 2 days in NYC. I was really hoping I'd be more energetic by now! I hope I'm not a drag. I can't go without my afternoon naps these days.
Have fun on your vacation! You will be fine!

Sutton, I hope it is just from the hormones...I hate this pain! Was so happy it was basically gone... oh well.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #580

Sutton - my carpal tunnel went away right after DS was born so there is hope! Have you tried wrapping your wrist at night? It helped me tremendously.

Krissy - We moved DS to his crib at 8 mo but I agree, best to have it ready to go. We started putting him in it for naps at about 6 mo and at 8 mo, he went into his own room for bed too. It was heaven! Honestly I would have moved him sooner but we moved when he was 6 mo and that was when he finally got his own room. So sorry your carpal tunnel is still hanging around.

Alie - to the 2nd Tri! Have a great vacay! Just go back to the hotel and meet up with everyone later if you need a nap. No harm, no foul.

DD80!

Old 07-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #581
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post

DD80!
Hope you had a good weekend trip!
Old 07-24-2013, 04:22 AM   #582

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I had carpel tunnel for my pregnancy too. Went away after giving birth.
For those traveling when pregnant...I just went back to the hotel in the afternoon and napped. I had to and everyone understood.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:15 AM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Sutton - Have you tried wrapping your wrist at night? It helped me tremendously.
I slept in a brace for the first time last night, and you're right, it did help tremendously. I'll also try wearing it as much as possible during the day, but it really makes everyday tasks difficult, so probably won't have it on too often. I'm glad to read that Andi's and Suzanne's carpal tunnel went away once the baby came.

Andi - cute new avatar pic!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #584

I wrapped my wrists too, it helped.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton_02 View Post
I slept in a brace for the first time last night, and you're right, it did help tremendously. I'll also try wearing it as much as possible during the day, but it really makes everyday tasks difficult, so probably won't have it on too often. I'm glad to read that Andi's and Suzanne's carpal tunnel went away once the baby came.

Andi - cute new avatar pic!
Yeah, I couldnt keep mine wrapped during the day either but just wrapping it at night made a huge difference!

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #586
Senior LCF Member

For sure! Last night was the first night I didn't wake up with a painfully numb right hand. My left hand was slightly numb, so I may have to get another brace soon, but it's not nearly as bad as the right. On my right hand, my thumb, pointer, and middle fingers pretty much stay slightly numb at all times. It makes writing and handling things difficult. It's just annoying!
Old 07-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #587

So I have been up 4lbs since I got back from Bass Lake. At first I just assumed it was water weight from the heat and indulging in some party food. It is now Wed and the scale is still the same! I have been drinking lemon water for the last couple days thinking it would help but I am starting to wonder if I have actually gained 4 lbs in a week? If so, I need to reign in my food choices. I certainly dont want to gain much considering I am already overweight.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #588
foxy librarian

I got my blood results already. I was nervous because they called so soon! But she said I have the lowest risk. Less than 1:10,000. So yay!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #589
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/296/140
Start Date: 2/14/2004
My first trimester screening came back with the lowest risk. The same as a 20 year old they said. There is a new blood test out, called the maternit21, that is supposed to be replacing the invasive amino. We could take that and find out 99% for sure of any chromosomal problems, but we'll probably opt out of that.
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #590
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
My first trimester screening came back with the lowest risk. The same as a 20 year old they said. There is a new blood test out, called the maternit21, that is supposed to be replacing the invasive amino. We could take that and find out 99% for sure of any chromosomal problems, but we'll probably opt out of that.
A couple girls in my other birth club did this. You can find out the gender early since they check out the sex chromosomes

Am I the only super impatient one who can't wait to find out gender? If I could have found out the day I POAS I would have. Just a little pink or blue check mark would be fine
SouthernCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #591

Quote:
I got my blood results already. I was nervous because they called so soon! But she said I have the lowest risk. Less than 1:10,000. So yay!
Quote:
I was a 1:10,000 too!

CJ - I thought I was the only one that went team green? Is anyone else waiting for the surprise too? Maybe I missed it!

Also, there is a woman on TCOYF that did the genetic testing and it said she was having a girl so she bought everything pink, painted the nursery and then the anatomy u/s discovered a BOY! She was so mad and had tossed most of her receipts. I thought she was brave for doing all that before confirming.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #592
Senior LCF Member

Congrats all around for all the great NT scans!!!

As soon as I found out it was twins at 8 weeks, I wanted to know genders ASAP, but funnily enough, before I knew it was twins I wanted to go team green like Andi. But who knows if I would've actually lasted the entire pregnancy without finding out. If we have another, maybe we'll go team green with that one. Andi, is it hard not knowing? Are you ever tempted at all?

Debbie - If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Isn't the MaterniT21 only for momma's of advanced maternal age?

Andi - wow, I can't believe she did all that without a confirmation. They didn't double check via ultrasound? or both the test and ultrasound were wrong?
Old 07-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #593
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sandra92335
Stats: 370/350/175
WOE: Atkins Low Carb
Start Date: July 2013
Is it true that weight loss helps get rid of PCOS? I have all the sighs and i was wondering if I had it. My husband and I are going to try and have a baby when he moves back from out of state. I don't want to have issues or problems.
sandra92335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #594

sutton - I have never been tempted. I wasnt with DS either. I actually relish in the surprise.

The woman I was talking about had the genetic testing at like 14wks but didnt wait for the anatomy scan at 20wks and in the meantime had completely finished a pink nursery and had a closet full of girl clothes! Lo and behold, the u/s revealed a penis clear as day!

sandra - YES! I have been on these boards since 2001 and I cant even count how many women have corrected their PCOS and gone on to conceive naturally. Search around, you will find many success stories.

Last edited by pocahontas; 07-24-2013 at 02:38 PM..
Old 07-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #595
Senior LCF Member

Sandra - Yes, yes, absolutely! Specifically, low carb diets have helped with PCOS time and time again. Just google "PCOS low carb diet" and see for yourself! PCOS is highly associated with insulin resistance, so going low carb makes perfect sense. Also, look into Dr. Michael Fox's stuff. He's helped plenty of PCOS patients get pregnant with a low carb diet. Here's a link . . .

PCOS / Fertility Archives | DietDoctor.com

but again, if you google "dr michael fox pcos low carb," you'll get more.

Good luck TTC!
Old 07-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #596

Doc's office just called and my doc is sick. Friday's appt got moved to next Wed. Boo! I was really looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #597
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/296/140
Start Date: 2/14/2004
CJ ~ I want to know the gender BAD. I’ll be asking the doctor at my next appointment how soon we can do the anatomy scan.

Sutton ~ I’ll be 37 next Tuesday, so yea, AMA. The test really is for any woman that wants to know if there are chromosomal problems.

Andi ~ That’s a bummer about your appointment. You can buy a home doppler which I've considered. I’ve read mixed reviews on those though.

My hair looks terrible. I have about 2 inches of gray roots. I did not dye my hair during the first trimester. I have an appointment tomorrow, and I’m not sure it’s safe to dye it. Do you guys dye your hair?

Last edited by CARLINI; 07-24-2013 at 08:53 PM..
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:23 AM   #598

I dyed my hair during pregnancy, everyone does! Maybe not bleach blond, but any normal color is fine.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:13 AM   #599

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I died mine too. Anytime after the first trimester is fine

Doing well here...trying to keep up with Stella who is ALL over the place now. She is so fun!!
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #600
Senior LCF Member

Andi - I meant to comment on your four pound weight gain, but forgot. I don't think it's physically possible that you gained four pounds of fat in just a few days. I mean, you would really have to binge for days to accomplish that. I bet it's mostly pregnancy related fluid.

Bummer about the appointment on Friday. I get so excited before appointments, so I too would be disappointed if it got bumped back.

Debbie - We had our anatomy scan pretty early at 16 weeks, but we had the tech write down the genders for our gender reveal, so we didn't actually find out until a week later. I was surprised they could do the anatomy scan that early, but the tech joked that she was that good.