Old 07-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #541
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbcb View Post
I cook with vco and i actually had avocado yesterday and today sometimes i even mix vco with pb just to get my fats in! I am putting vco in my tea as i type. I suppose i can swap my beans for eatmeal in the am. I will some brewers yeast for the added milk booster. Think 1/2 a ripe banana will be okay?

Last night i drank a big glass of metamucil and downed 4 colace......it worked, finally.

What exercises are you doing? I try squeezing in knee push ups and squats, but not consistently.
I am super constipated too, I am really miserable (sorry for TMI guys). I have been trying to drink tons of water and take a stool softener every day. You would never know it, ugh. I will try to work in some more healthy fats. I really liked apples and PB when I was pregnant I can do that every day. My baby is 5 weeks old now. I also nurse on demand but need to start pumping soon.

Three more weeks of maternity leave Then back to work part time for two weeks, and then DH and I are moving! Back to Michigan, he got a new job and I'm staying home with the baby until we are settled in and I can find a job I really like.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #542
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I am still nursing my 15 month old. I eat really high fat and a lot more food than that. I eat two burgers with two fried eggs for lunch, same for breakfast. I do five burgers and five eggs for dinner. I usually have a few devil eggs too. And any meat my son does not finish.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #543
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bcbcb
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
I am still nursing my 15 month old. I eat really high fat and a lot more food than that. I eat two burgers with two fried eggs for lunch, same for breakfast. I do five burgers and five eggs for dinner. I usually have a few devil eggs too. And any meat my son does not finish.
Uhhhhhh. Omword. Just meat and eggs? Veggies?

I just put muenster on my bun free turkey burger. I hope it doesnt cause a rx in my baby. I def cant drink milk, eat yogurt, sour cream ect. Hidden milk hasnt been an issue so we'll see.
bcbcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #544

I am zero carb. But a turkey burger is pretty lean, especially for a nursing mom.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #545
Junior LCF Member

So switch to beef burgers? I dont mind that, i guess.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:44 AM   #546

Well, you just need to have enough fat in your diet. Beef burgers have more fat than turkey. Eat chicken thighs, not breast. Rib eye steaks. Add butter to your cauliflower, etc.
You can lose weight when nursing.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #547
Junior LCF Member

I just logged my food from yesterday. I had 67g of carbs , 132g protein, 108g fat.

Not sure where that put me or what it means. Though i did skip breakfast and only had coconut oil/cream coffee. I imagine today will be a bit more accurate.

Its grocery shopping day. I will buy beef burgers

Last edited by bcbcb; 07-18-2013 at 06:35 AM..
Old 07-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #548

Gallery: pocahontas
We are heading to Bass Lake for a long weekend of fun with friends and family. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #549
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
Have fun Andi!!

sutton- glad you are feeling well! that is awesome.

I had my 12 week check up today. They didn't even try the doppler and went right to the sonogram, which I didn't protest. I did want to see how the little babe was doing. I just can't believe how big it has gotten! It was in there doing flips It is measuring perfectly at 12 weeks so it has caught up. They moved my due date back to Jan 30 which is where it should have been all the long. I just can't believe this little thing is growing inside me!
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #550

That is a lot of carbs. If you are looking to lose weight, you will need to lower the carbs.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #551
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
CJ are you excited about the move? Will you be close to family again?

Andi have a fun weekend.

Sutton I'm glad you're feeling great and everything is going well!

The NT scan went good. There is no sign from the scan of any chromosomal problems. The blood results will be back in a week. The baby kept showing us its back, and refused to give a side profile so the tech could take the measurements. After about 10 minutes of trying, they had me turn on my side for a few minutes, hopefully getting the baby to change position. Once they tried again, the baby gave us the side profile for a sec, then put its hand up to its face and gave us the butt again! I never got to see its face, but we saw the legs and arms moving from the back. I’m not anticipating another ultrasound until 20 weeks.

We bought our first baby item yesterday. It’s a gender neutral three piece outfit from Costco.

Baby Boy born 10/11/13

Last edited by CARLINI; 07-18-2013 at 10:20 AM..
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #552
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Suzie, I am so sorry about your father. And that you didn't get pregnant this month either. It doesn't seem fair sometimes when everything seems to hit all at once. Still thinking of you.

On another note, I remember NEVER relaxing during my pregnancy at any stage. I felt a bit better after the NT scan came back with low odds of Down's and Trisomy, etc. but I still never really felt 100% certain things were going to go well. And even after my little guys were born, I still worried about SIDS like crazy too, only because I know of two people (one who I went to high school with and her father was my primary care doctor when I lived in Buffalo) who lost their babies due to that. And even though Brandon is supposedly out of the SIDS danger zone, I still worry about other things. But I'm a worrier by nature, I've always been an anxious person. I hate that about me, I wish I could just stay in the moment and enjoy what I have NOW and not waste time worrying about what could possibly happen, but easier said than done.

Thankfully, I had never suffered a miscarriage that I know of, and I always would tell my parents, brother, hubby's parents and a few very close friends that I was pregnant right away. I didn't put it out on Facebook or start telling everyone at work until I was probably 20 or so weeks along. My reasoning for telling a few people right away was so that I would get some support if God forbid something did happen and I lost the baby. I didn't want to be alone in dealing with that.

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Happycat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #553
Thick and Delicious

Suzie your feelings are completely normal. TTC was very hard emotionally for me. The first one took us 8 months, but I knew from charting my cycles I had some cycle problems. After we lost that baby, we sought help from an RE, and conceived this baby within 2 months of having my cycles corrected. It's hard because it may feel like everyone gets pregnant on the first try, but really most of us don't. It's normal for it to take up to 6 months. I heard that from my RE and from reading many women’s stories on a TTC board I frequent. One thing that helped me, when the negative thoughts start creeping in, just keep telling yourself that IT will happen. Because it will, and before you know it, you’ll be focused on your pregnancy and won’t have to worry about getting pregnant anymore.

Last edited by CARLINI; 07-18-2013 at 10:54 AM..
Old 07-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #554
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I like reading everyone's updates! Stargirl - I'm glad your checkup went well, that has to be a relief!

I'm just silently waiting for the days to go by over here. I'm not really having any symptoms per se, just tiredness (but that always happens to me...thyroid issues), and feeling a bit bloated/tender. I've had the itchies and some back pain, but no sore boobs, no morning sickness, no food aversions... Trust me, I don't want those things. I just worry. I guess it's still early. I have had a few moments where smells hit me funny.

I had my endocrinologist order thyroid blood tests so hopefully I will hear results soon. He always drills it into me that I need to see him if I got pregnant. I know it's important, so I will keep up on it.

Otherwise, I've stopped taking my allergy med (which is the only thing I'm totally reliant on...lol) and it has been interesting! I hope I adjust! *sniffle sniffle* I am still taking my vitamins since I haven't gotten a prenatal yet (I seem to take most of what is in a prenatal anyway). I ordered one yesterday...a little worried because it has iron in it. I have problems "going" as it is, so hopefully it won't cause a problem. We will see. I know there are some without iron, but I liked this one the best of all.

I have a gyno appt that was made before this for my pap on the 30th, right before I leave for a cruise. I hope they will do some blood tests or whatever at that time. Maybe I should call them? I'll be almost 6 weeks at that point (my period was supposed to come yesterday). I also hope the cruise goes well...you don't think there will be any restrictions on me being so early, do you? My husband brought that up yesterday; I honestly hadn't thought of it. We are doing a snorkeling excursion and a glacier helicopter ride.

My other worry is that I had a weird period the month before and I SWORE I was pregnant. At day 25-26 I had a very light, light spot, then my period came at day 29 (which is late for me). It only lasted 2 days and was moderate. Usually it lasts 4-6. After that I steadily gained 5-6 pounds over the next two weeks, then dropped it over the weekend of the 4th. I hadn't done that since my thyroid first went wonky a few years ago. I hadn't changed my eating habits or anything, so I was really worried. I guess I just wonder if I'm further along than I think? I had negative tests though, so I don't know. I guess I'll find out when I go to the Dr.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #555
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Andi - have fun at Bass Lake!

Alie - That's so awesome you got to see the baby! Glad everything is going well.

Debbie - Congrats on the positive NT scan. Isn't it fun buying baby clothes? We're really starting to acquire a decent amount of baby stuff, and I'm just so ready to have babies to go with it.

DD80 - I had virtually NO symptoms. I was always a nervous wreck going into those early ultrasound appointments, but every time, everything was perfect. Try not to worry.
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #556
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton_02 View Post
DD80 - I had virtually NO symptoms. I was always a nervous wreck going into those early ultrasound appointments, but every time, everything was perfect. Try not to worry.
Thank you for responding! I realized after I wrote all that, that I was quite whiney. Oops. All my problems came out in one long post...sorry guys!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #557
Thick and Delicious

DD80 ~ My symptoms were mild until week 8. Weeks 8-11 were bad. I remember being worried too about lack of symptoms. The bottom line on this is every woman is different, and symptoms don’t necessarily correlate to the outcome of the pregnancy.

I take a prenatal sans iron. I was taking one with iron and it just killed my stomach. As long as your iron isn’t low, it’s probably fine. I would give your doctor a call about the cruise/excursion questions. I think it's fine, but I’m no expert there.

I had a few months I swore I was pregnant but wasn’t. PMS and early pregnancy symptoms can feel exactly the same. An ultrasound will tell you for sure what the gestation is. Maybe your doctor can get you in for an early scan?

Last edited by CARLINI; 07-18-2013 at 02:06 PM..
Old 07-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
DD80 ~ My symptoms were mild until week 8. Weeks 8-11 were bad. I remember being worried too about lack of symptoms. The bottom line on this is every woman is different, and symptoms don’t necessarily correlate to the outcome of the pregnancy.

I take a prenatal sans iron. I was taking one with iron and it just killed my stomach. As long as your iron isn’t low, it’s probably fine. I would give your doctor a call about the cruise/excursion questions. I think it's fine, but I’m no expert there.

I had a few months I swore I was pregnant but wasn’t. PMS and early pregnancy symptoms can feel exactly the same. An ultrasound will tell you for sure what the gestation is. Maybe your doctor can get you in for an early scan?
Thank you! I did call my Dr and they canceled my pap appt (had scheduled before I knew) and rescheduled for 8/13. I will be 8 weeks they said and they'll do an ultrasound and a whole work up. (I forgot to ask if my husband should come). They also said my excursions should be fine, as well as flying (just stretch, get up a lot), and not to use the hot tub. That was the only thing that made me sad, as I was hoping to use the "spa" (and still might do so if they have a mineral bath - great for my skin!).
Old 07-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #559
Thick and Delicious

Quiet day! This weekend we're working on a few home projects. We're replacing the carpet with laminate flooring, and getting the office emptied out (this will become the nursery).

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by CARLINI; 07-19-2013 at 03:58 PM..
Old 07-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #560
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KateInTx
Hello ladies. Remember how I had that strange bleeding and I chalked it up to increase in exercise because it started only 4dpo? Well yesterday I got my BFP! I did a urine stick in the morning and had it confirmed by the ladies down in the lab with a serum test. This experience has been really different from my first pregnancy because I had spotting from 4dpo until 16 dpo. I spoke to an OBRN friend of mine who said that your body just has to up your progesterone levels enough to stop the bleeding. She said each day the spotting would get less, and lo and behold she was right! Though she did mention pelvic rest (aka no sexy times, we are so antiquated in some ways in medicine) for two weeks just to be safe. Poor hubby!

So far the only thing I am experiencing is an aversion to eggs which hit me the first time around as well. I just cover them up with lots of cheese and hot sauce and power through it. It just goes to show you that no two women experience the same thing during those first weeks nor really the entire pregnancy.
KateInTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #561

So happy for you!
Old 07-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #562
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KateInTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
So happy for you!

Thank you!
KateInTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #563
Thick and Delicious

Kate!
Old 07-21-2013, 05:53 AM   #564
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
yay kate!! we got another baby cookin' in the room!!
KQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:55 AM   #565
Major LCF Poster!

Kate!!! :-)
Old 07-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #566
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
Congrats Kate!!!!

I had my NT scan this morning and baby looks perfect! We just have to wait a week for the blood results.
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Yay, Kate!! Congratulations!

Stargirl - congrats on the good NT scan!

So, I've developed pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome, which is really strange to me because I've had no swelling at all, and most of what I read online says it's caused by fluid retention. So, I'm thinking about lowering my carbs to really low levels, to see if that can squelch the inflammation that is causing this. I'm normally hovering between 75-100 grams and am thinking I might need to go down to 50 or less. This is really the only thing I can think of because I avoid most inflammatory foods (no grains, no dairy, no legumes). I have been eating 85% dark chocolate throughout pregnancy, and I've decided to cut that as well to see if it helps. So, basically my diet for this trial period will be meat, fish, eggs, fibrous veggies, and LOTS of fat from coconut oil, coconut milk, olive oil, and fish oil. I've even decided to cut out my protein shakes for now.

I've really got to find a solution. I'm not bothered by the actual carpal tunnel symptoms (just annoyed), but I don't like the fact that I've got inflammation in my body.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #568

Gallery: pocahontas
Hi ladies! I'm baaaaaaaaack!

sutton - I had carpal tunnel with DS. I ate LC through my pregnancy and it didnt seem to matter. I stayed in the 50 carbs per day range. Boo! I had to keep my wrist wrapped while I slept to keep it straight.

Kate!

Debbie and Alie - So glad babies are growing and healthy as can be!

DD80 - The trip should be fine! Have fun! I didnt take DH to my first appt because it was just a pap and a bunch of paperwork. I only take him to the ultrasounds and the later appts when they get more interesting.

We had a blast in Bass Lake. DS love to swim in the water. It was great to see DH's whole family too. Back to work today was hard but at least I am comfy in my maternity pants. I am 15wks today and my next appt is Thursday.

Here is great action shot of DH and DS playing in the lake:

pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #569
Senior LCF Member

Awe, Andi, you're crushing my hopes and dreams of getting rid of this carpal tunnel. Well, if there's no point of denying myself the dark chocolate...

Sounds like Bass Lake was a nice weekend getaway. Love the pic!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #570
Thick and Delicious

Andi I love the pic!

I'm feeling a ton better. I got a lot of projects done around the house this weekend that I've been too tired to do. I also planned meals and bought food, so my diet should be getting much better now.

We saw an adorable crib/dresser at Costco this weekend. I thought about buying it but is it too soon? It would be nice to take care of the nursery and things on our "baby to do list" before I'm in the third trimester and feeling huge and tired. What do you guys think? How soon is too soon to do the nursery?