Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Thank you Stargirl and Pocohontas! I'm glad I'm not the only one that has been in this crazy position. If only I could be this lucky in Vegas!

I was one that never really wanted children and only recently decided that maybe it would be ok. I guess to get the green light on the first shot out the gate took the wind out of my sails, to say the least. I was definitely ! I think it will take awhile to sink in.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2013, 06:14 AM   #512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Well, I did not get pregnant this month.

And, to top everything off, we found out my dad has prostate cancer yesterday evening.

I just think at some point the universe has to stop kicking my family and me.
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:51 AM   #513
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
Oh Suzie I am so very sorry
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks. We find out more on Monday. My parents are so frustrating because they are in denial about my dad's health and sometimes I feel like I'm the parent when it comes to his health. I don't know what they can do with all his heart problems, copd, etc. I don't know how much "fight" he has in him. He had his first heart surgery when I was in middle school, I'm now 28.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #515
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/296/140
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Suzie I'm sorry to hear this.
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #516
KQT
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
Well, I did not get pregnant this month.

And, to top everything off, we found out my dad has prostate cancer yesterday evening.

I just think at some point the universe has to stop kicking my family and me.
Aww crap. I'm sorry Suzie. You are getting a lot thrown at you lately! I totally get the denial thing, you just wanna shake them and say, look, it's cancer, it's there, it's not going away, we gotta deal with it!! We have a few family care issues as well, I lost an uncle and an aunt within a month of each other, and now my husband's uncle is probably heading to hospice soon, just after losing his grandfather a few months back. And two close friends have each lost a parent near Christmastime - I think I have been to more funerals in the past few months than ever before.

With the revealing - my first (mc) I think I FB'ed at 10w, my second (mc) I hadn't told many people other than family, close friends and coworkers, and for Brooke I FB'ed after the 14w u/s. But like the others, there really isn't a "safe" zone to spill the beans, I think we all have our own reservations of time frames that differ from each other.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #517
foxy librarian

I couldn't resist and announced on Facebook last night.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

I'm sorry Suzie, I hope all turns out well we your dad.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #519
Major LCF Poster!

Is anybody else itchy? My scalp and the tops of my arms and thighs are randomly itchy. It's a weird feeling.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #520
foxy librarian

My skin has been very itchy and dry since I got pregnant. I'm always putting lotion on.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #521
Thick and Delicious

I haven't been itching, but had pretty much every other pregnancy sign.

NT scan is tomorrow and I’m a little nervous. I hope the baby is okay. I’m not sure what we would do if it wasn’t. I don’t want to go alone. We’re down to one car and I’m coming from work, so DH may not be able to get there. For those that have had the scan, did your DH accompany you?

Last edited by CARLINI; 07-16-2013 at 01:22 PM..
Old 07-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #522

Gallery: pocahontas
I was itchy a bit but only for a couple weeks. My skin still feels dry and like I need a lot of lotion. The one thing that has baffled me is that I seem to be losing more hair than normal. I would expect it postpartum but not during pregnancy! Boo!

Debbie - DH always goes to the ultrasounds but not most of my doc appts. The early doc appts are so quick and really a waste of time for him but he did go to the later ones last time so I expect he will again this time. Try not to stress, Im sure your little bub is just perfect!

So I had to break out the maternity pants this morning. At 14wks! I cant believe it. I think I really am popping sooner this time. With DS I didnt need maternity pants until almost 20 wks and I only wore a couple maternity tops towards the end.

pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #523

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl21 View Post
I couldn't resist and announced on Facebook last night.
Loved it!
Old 07-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #524
Thick and Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
So I had to break out the maternity pants this morning.
Exciting!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #525
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Suzie I wish I could hug you in real life. I hope you are able to get some good care for your dad. Do you have siblings you can lean on? I just feel like this is so much for you to go through on your own

Andi, aren't you just so much more comfy though? I gave up the ghost on real pants at about 6 months and I honestly wish I would have just gotten some at about 4 months. So silly to suffer for my pride

Carlini, baby is going to be great They are really looking like a tiny baby at 12 weeks or so, I remember watching Hannah rub her face and kick the ultrasound wand at 12 weeks Amazing. My husband was there but make sure you have your cell phone out to snap some pics of the screen in case he doesn't make it. The 12 week scan isn't a picture-getting ultrasound where I went.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #526

For some reason this site keeps logging me out and I have to sign in like a thousand times per day. I cant even surf the site and reply without having to re-log in. It's getting frustrating!

Suzie - My SIL father just has his prostate removed yesterday. His surgery went well and they are now waiting on the labs. Same procedure for my BFF's father a couple years ago. The removal was all he needed. I will keep you and your family in my prayers, you could certainly use a break!

CJ - I had to do it! Yesterday I kept unbuttoning my pants and I was so scared that I would get up and walk across the office without remembering to button up! LOL!!!!

Last edited by pocahontas; 07-16-2013 at 03:45 PM..
Old 07-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #527
foxy librarian

Quote:
Loved it!
Thanks I saw it on Pinterest and couldn't resist.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #528
Thick and Delicious

CJ. How much longer is your maternity leave?

Andi have you told work yet? I imagine if you're wearing maternity pants it might be getting obvious! I wear a belly band with certain pants/shorts. That could be chub though and not baby.

Sutton where are you?

DH is going to be able to make it today. I'm excited to see the baby again.

Someone told me not to sleep on my back or right side. I researched it, and it *could* be true that sleeping on the wrong side can cut off the blood supply to the placenta. I always sleep on my right side, and I've been trying to sleep on my left, but I just can't do it. You guys think this is real or BS?

Last edited by CARLINI; 07-17-2013 at 07:45 AM..
Old 07-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #529

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I slept on my right side the entire pregnancy.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #530

I am not a back sleeper but I sleep on both sides and even on my tummy if it isnt too uncomfy.

I have not told work yet but plan to after my appt next week. I have been nervous that someone will notice or say something before I spill the beans so I want to get ahead of it. I will be about 16 wks then so its a good time.

Debbie - So glad DH will make it today! Let us know how it went. It's crazy how they totally look like a tiny baby at 12 wks. Ours was sucking its thumb and rolling all around.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #531
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bcbcb
Is this thread for pregnancy only or are there bfing moms here too?

I have lc and bfing questions.
bcbcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks everyone. CJ I have two sisters. They aren't the best in support means when it comes to my dad's health. It usually falls on me for some reason. They have both called saying "someone" should go to the appt with him, but both had reasons why they couldn't I'm working a summer job, and said I would go if my schedule permitted, but that it was too late for me to request off. We are getting questions ready for them to be prepared though.

I'm ready for this period to be over so that we can start trying again. I know it is silly because we have only been trying for two months, but I'm starting to get really worried that something is "wrong" and it won't happen easily like last time. I think it is just all my worries coming through. I'm worried we won't get pregnant and I'm worried about getting pregnant (carrying to full term okay).

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 07-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #533

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbcb View Post
Is this thread for pregnancy only or are there bfing moms here too?

I have lc and bfing questions.
Of course! There are nursing mom's here and some of us are not first time mom's so we can help too!
Old 07-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
I'm ready for this period to be over so that we can start trying again. I know it is silly because we have only been trying for two months, but I'm starting to get really worried that something is "wrong" and it won't happen easily like last time. I think it is just all my worries coming through. I'm worried we won't get pregnant and I'm worried about getting pregnant (carrying to full term okay).
Im not going to lie, the second time was much harder for us. Of course, our circumstances were different but I wonder if that would matter? It took us a year exactly to conceive with one early loss in between. Hang in there! I am sure nothing is wrong but these things can take time. I had the same feelings because we conceived DS on the first month trying. I assumed it would always be that easy but I was sadly mistaken.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #535
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Im not going to lie, the second time was much harder for us. Of course, our circumstances were different but I wonder if that would matter? It took us a year exactly to conceive with one early loss in between. Hang in there! I am sure nothing is wrong but these things can take time. I had the same feelings because we conceived DS on the first month trying. I assumed it would always be that easy but I was sadly mistaken.
Yeah, we conceived Connor on the second month. I know we haven't been trying long, but it is so easy to get nervous or discouraged! We are just pushing forward. If it doesn't happen in a few more months, I may call and chat with the doctor just because of our past. He said he didn't foresee any complications at all, but I don't think it would hurt to chat with him if we are getting towards the 5-6 mo mark of trying.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #536
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
BCBCB - Come on in with your LC BFing questions! I'll be interested to follow this, as that's what I'll be doing once the boys are here.

Debbie - I'm here! I check this thread almost daily, but I've been pretty busy at work lately, so haven't posted anything. When I check at home, I'm usually on my mini tablet and find it a pain in the rear to type on that thing.

Have fun seeing your baby at the NT scan today! I'm sure it is perfect.

I sleep on my right side a majority of the time. I asked the nurse practitioner at my peri's office and she said that since I've got a placenta on each side, it doesn't really matter. I don't understand this reasoning, as I thought it had more to do with the placement of other organs around the uterus. Either way, I sleep however I want to be comfortable. I still find myself partially on my stomach a lot of the time.

Suzie - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Hang in there.

Andi - I see you're in maternity pants already. Are you showing yet?

I have yet to buy ANY maternity clothes. I've just been wearing loose fitting dresses. Now, it seems to have turned into a fun challenge. I have 13 weeks to go, and probably even less than that at work. I don't want to spend too much money on maternity clothes at this point, but I am considering getting at least one maternity dress to wear for my showers.

So, I'm almost 25 weeks and I'm still feeling fantastic! I'm on a twins board over on Baby Center and it seems like all of them have aches and pains, a lot of them are on bed rest of some sort, and even the ones that aren't on bed rest don't get in much activity. I feel so lucky to be having such an easy twin pregnancy. I don't have any swelling and I'm still working out and staying active. Just crossing my fingers that this continues for a while.

I've also really been feeling the boys a lot! It's so cool to actually see the kicks and punches on the outside. Lovin' it!

Last edited by sutton_02; 07-17-2013 at 12:59 PM..
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #537
Junior LCF Member

Okie dokie. So this is baby #3 and i am actually slow carbing....i have legumes with 1 or 2 meals. No dairt, fruits except on my cheat day. Ive done this before after #2 and lost 20lb in 2 months. I originally srarted in may, but after 4w took a break due to busy june and i didnt want my diet restrictions in the way. Bad choice. I gained back all i had lost.

So i restarted last week and it seems like a completely different diet. Im really constipated, baby bowel gabuts changed too. Ive only lost water weight, im hungry, and i think my supply has dropped bc he is nursing non stop. Btw, he's 16w. I think i will drink some mothers milk tea later. I.nurse on demand.

I see lots of success some have just doing lc with oatmeal, but i cant drop any weight unless im super lc.
Heres a typical day
B:4 eggs/handful spinach/3p turkey bacon....cooked in vco
L:turkey burger patty/sauted squash and spinach/refried beans
S: can of salmon
D:2 chixken sausages/lots of broccoli/beans

Sometime a handful of almonds.

Im 5'3
Pre preg 146lb
Current 163lb
I just want back in my clothes.
Advice? Btdt stories?
Old 07-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #538

Yay sutton!

Yes, I am starting to show at only 14 wks! I guess since this is my second, things are happening sooner? With DS I didnt show until like 20 wks and I didnt have a really noticeable pregnancy bump until like 28wks!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #539

bcbcb - Where is the fat? You should be loading up on healthy fats like butter, ghee, co, mayo, avocado, etc. That will not only keep things moving (no more constipation!) but it will provide the additional calories needed to help maintain your supply. Also, if the beans arent working for you then swap them out with something else. I did LC with steel cut oatmeal when I had DS and we nursed for 14 mo, it worked for me but YMMV. I wouldnt add them to your current menu, but try something new and see if it works for you.

Now is the time to focus on healthy eating and not so much the weight loss. It will come later once things have regulated. The best thing you can do for your supply is let baby nurse when he wants. He may just be experiencing a growth spurt and your supply could be fine. Hang in there mama, you are doing great!

Last edited by pocahontas; 07-17-2013 at 01:32 PM..
Old 07-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #540
Junior LCF Member

I cook with vco and i actually had avocado yesterday and today sometimes i even mix vco with pb just to get my fats in! I am putting vco in my tea as i type. I suppose i can swap my beans for eatmeal in the am. I will some brewers yeast for the added milk booster. Think 1/2 a ripe banana will be okay?

Last night i drank a big glass of metamucil and downed 4 colace......it worked, finally.

What exercises are you doing? I try squeezing in knee push ups and squats, but not consistently.