Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #451
KQT
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
our dr gave us the recommendation of just a little bit of dark karo syrup mixed in with the formula/milk to make some poos. we would also add a little more water to the formula (5 oz water to 2 scoops instead of 4oz) but if you're exclusively BF'ing then scratch those options. we'd cycle her legs too to get some juices flowing.

B was a hot little mess last night. I don't know if it was gas bubbles or teething but she was so unhappy, you know if she's got tears she means business, and it was like a grimace. just broke my heart.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 02:53 AM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hot Potato
Stats: 117.4kg/107.1/99kg (first goal)
WOE: LCHF/primal/NK
Start Date: May 2013
Thanks for your replies. Maybe I won't give up totally just yet...
Hot Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #453
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KateInTx
Pocahontas: Thanks for the warm welcome. To be honest with you I didnít even know my parenting style had a name until a friend of mine told me. I just did what felt right to me. I figured this little creature would help me learn to help her and to listen to my motherly instincts. So far it has worked; she is a lovely and bright little muchkin! In response to when you should tell work, I waited until I had to tell because it was obvious that I wasnít just gaining weight. I think it was about 20 weeks at that point. But then again I am a super private person and was afraid that if anything happened I would have to share my agony with my coworkers.

Lori37: Hello! I went back to work at 12 weeks post partum. I could not wait to get back to work. I like the intellectual challenges and interacting with adults that work allows. I feel no shame in that I am not cut out to be a stay at home mommy. I work so that my little girl can benefit from a happy and successful mommy who isnít miserable doing something that society thinks she should do just because she is a mommy. I hope that makes sense.
In response to DD pooping, every child is different in terms of when they go. As long as she isnít in distress (as in uncontrolled, shrill crying that cannot be comforted) than she is fine. She is still very young and she is moving from being the easy peasy newborn into being a baby. Her brain is growing so fast right now. Has something changed in her routine? Is she being over stimulated prior to the screaming? What is happening before these episodes begin? My guess is that she is being interacted with differently, new toys, etc. I doubt it is associated with feeding and if you are only BFing her than breast milk does not cause constipation. Now if you are giving her formula than there may be an issue of backed up pipes but my first guess would be external triggers versus internal. Be careful about giving your baby anything except breast milk or formula at this age. I dont care what your pedi says, her gut is not mature enough to handle other things. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Now ladies I need some information from you guys because something is going on that has never happened to me. TMI ALERT!! My ovulation window was supposed to be 7/1-7/5. So husband and I did the deed 6/29, 7/1, and 7/4. The last time we did it, my cervix was very very sore and deep penetration was agony (never had this happen before). On Sunday (7/7, so three days after last encounter) I noticed a little bit of bright red blood mucus when I wiped. Only a teensy little bit. By Monday it had become brownish mucus and very scant. I had it again yesterday but less than on Monday. What could this be? Could it be implantation bleeding? I have never had this before and my period is not due for another 10 days or so.
KateInTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #454

Gallery: pocahontas
Katie - That seems awfully early for implantation. If I had to guess, I would say that you have aggravated your cervix and thus the spotting.

Hot Potato - Dont give up missy!

Krissy - I hope Brooke is feeling better today.

AFM, I am starving! I have not been eating as LC as I would like but my portions have been nice and controlled. I go from not hungry to starving on a dime! Last night we had big Asian chicken salads for dinner and even though I had breakfast, I could eat again right now.

How is everyone doing?

pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #455
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
Kate- my cervix gets irritated very easily. It seems to early for implantation bleeding, but I never got that.

Things are going well for me. I've been getting a lot of headaches and my abdomen/uterus has been a little sore and achy the last few days so I guess it is growing!
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #456
Junior LCF Member

Thanks ladies for your answers. I figured there was a very low chance it was IB but thought it would be worth asking. I never had IB with my daughter so I am not well versed in it. Perhaps its a combination between stepping up my exercise to 3 miles a day combined with being more strict with my carb intake. My mother said that she used to have mid month spotting when she was an avid runner. Who knows, Ill know soon enough whether or not Im pregnant. Waiting is so hard!

Pocahontas: Is the not hungry/ravenous maybe low blood sugar. I remember when I was pregnant I would go from not hungry to "im going to chew my own arm off" in a flash and I assumed it was because of blood sugar fluctuations. I kept it to a minimum by making sure I nibbled on something every two hours. Handful of peanuts, some cucumbers etc. It really helped the hunger. Im convinced this eating was part of the reason why I never had morning sickness. Of course I also gained 50 pounds so obviously my snacking was not all correct choices.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #457
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Hot Potato! LC can definitely help with infertility, especially if the underlying cause is a hormone imbalance related to insulin. I assume youíve had all the fertility testing done? Were they able to find a cause?

Kate ~ I had IB from 10-14DPO. It was very light, and only when I wiped. Our plan was for me to stay home, but my husband is out of work, so itís looking like Iíll be going back.

Andi

I'm having what I think is a lot of stretching aches, and my uterus is above the pubic bone now. I swear I can feel it. My first appt with the OB is tomorrow. I have not been to him before, but he gets great reviews. Iím hoping weíll mesh. If not, I reserve the right to doctor shop. Itís been 1.5 weeks since my last ultrasound (I know Iím addicted to them ), so Iím hoping he will do a quick one tomorrow. Weíll probably schedule an NT scan for next week. Iím 11 weeks, 5 days. I canít believe Iím almost 12 weeks.

Baby Boy born 10/11/13

Last edited by CARLINI; 07-10-2013 at 12:56 PM..
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #458

Katie - It very well could be BS related. In the early weeks I would get dizzy in the mornings likely from not having eaten in hours. Now, I feel full sometimes and probably go too long between meals/snacks. I am trying to go with the flow but we'll see how it goes. I am 13w2d and no weight gain yet!

Debbie - I am so happy for you! I the NT scan, gives me peace of mind. I likely wont have another u/s until the anatomy scan but Im ok with it.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
It is so good to see some new faces around here! I am so happy for all you pregnant girls, I know there have been some struggles! Makes my heart so happy Wish I had more time to comment to each poster, trust me I am keeping up with you guys and reading all the posts, it is hard to type one handed though since little one looooves to nurse. She will be 4 weeks old tomorrow and is doing great, up to 8 pounds 5 ounces and 21 inches long. We are doing pretty well breastfeeding, I came down with mastitis last week but after a course of antibiotics am feeling much better. At my appointment to get my mastitis looked at I am down 21 pounds of the 34 I gained. No exercise and haven't modified my calorie intake at all. I am going to see where I'm at after my official post-baby appointment and then take it from there.

I know Suzanne is VLC and nurses, I am hoping that cutting my carbs back again won't hurt my supply. Any personal experiences appreciated

Here is my big girl playing with her daddy:

Old 07-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #460
Thick and Delicious

CJ she is just adorable

Andi I have mixed feelings about the NT scan. Because it provides odds instead of for sure answers, it opens up the question if we want to pursue more invasive testing if we're high risk for a problem. We'll cross that bridge later if we have too. For now, I just want another ultrasound.

Oh and that's PELVIC bone, not pubic. Can I claim pregnancy brain yet?

Last edited by CARLINI; 07-10-2013 at 03:26 PM..
Old 07-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #461

I suppose you are right about the NT but the odds would have to really NOT be in my favor for me to pursue more invasive testing. Ironically, my odds of Downs and Trisomy with this baby came back identical to the odds of the NT scan I had with DS! 1 in 10,000 and negative. I'll take it.

CJ - OMGosh, I just want to pinch her lil cheeks! She is seriously so gorgeous.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #462

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I am zero carb and nursing away. James is 15 months and seems to have zero desire to wean. And I am too lazy to tackle that problem. I wish I would just stop making milk! There, problem solved.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:42 AM   #463

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Look at that beautiful baby!

Well after many struggles, and a HUGE move I hit my pre preggo weight today I'd like 10 more pounds now but it feels good to have it off. 9 months on, 6 months off
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:10 AM   #464
Junior LCF Member

Carlini: Yay for you! 12 weeks is awesome, you are headed into the time that I actually started to feel pregnant. Your body is about to be taken over and in a good way. Im excited for you. Do not worry about the NT scan. It is merely a scan. They look for specific factors that determine increased risk for problems. In my experience they are very reliable. This is something you want to do because you would hate to be unprepared if there was something wrong, know what I mean? Unfortunately there are only two things that gives absolutes in pregnancy: amniocentesis and actually giving birth to the baby.

Pochantas: I had a huge scare in my first pregnancy in relation to the quad screening. My test came back 1 in 10 for downs. I had an absolute breakdown over it. I did a ton of research on it and found that the quad screen is merely a screening test and it was not even a very good one at that. Too many variables affect the outcome. I underwent an amino (would do it again in a heartbeat!) and everything was fine. I would do the quad again but I will be upfront with my OB that I want an animo as well. Chances are pretty good I would get one anyway since the first pregnancy was deemed HR because of the quad screen even if it was false.

SouthernCJ: I did not limit my carbs during nursing. You do not truly establish your milk supply until about 12 weeks. So I would hold off on cutting carbs at this point. I say this because carbs do affect the amount of sugars in the milk. If your baby has had a high amount of sugar in her breast milk than to drastically reduce it will affect the way it tastes and she may go on a nursing strike. What I would do, for what it’s worth, is wait until 12 weeks or around there, and then start cutting my carbs back gradually. Pay attention to how she reacts to the changes in taste and go from there. Do this every week, say maybe reduce by five carbs a week until you reach a point where your supply is affected or the baby stops enjoying the taste of your milk.

Suzanne was VLC her whole pregnancy and immediately postpartum, this is why her baby doesn’t mind the absence of sugars in the milk taste, its all he has ever known and from what I have been reading he loves the boobie time so he is okay with it. Your baby, however, knows what sweet breast milk tastes like so proceed with care. You can always lose the weight when she weans.

Disneyprincess: Good for you! Well done! You should be proud of yourself
Old 07-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #465
foxy librarian

CJ- she is so precious
Old 07-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
CJ - I can't see the pic at work, but I'll be sure to take a peak when I get home this afternoon. I hope mommyhood is wonderful for you. Sounds like the small amount of extra weight is falling off pretty easily. That's great! In regards to cutting carbs while BFing - everything I've read says that the biggest impact on your supply is just nursing, nursing, nursing. Anytime baby wants the boob, give it to her. I've been reading The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, which is put out by the La Leche League, and they don't seem to think diet has much impact on supply. Of course, like Kate said, it could change the taste. If it were me, I'd give it a shot and lower carbs slowly over a week or so. Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
AFM, I am starving! I have not been eating as LC as I would like but my portions have been nice and controlled. I go from not hungry to starving on a dime! Last night we had big Asian chicken salads for dinner and even though I had breakfast, I could eat again right now.
I was like that the first trimester as well. I'd get hungry all of a sudden. I quickly learned to just stay ahead of the game and eat something every two hours. I didn't really like doing that because I normally like to eat larger portions, but much less frequently. Everything finally went back to normal around 13 weeks. Now, I eat breakfast, snack, lunch, and dinner.

Great job on the no gain at 13 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateInTx View Post
Now ladies I need some information from you guys because something is going on that has never happened to me. TMI ALERT!! My ovulation window was supposed to be 7/1-7/5. So husband and I did the deed 6/29, 7/1, and 7/4. The last time we did it, my cervix was very very sore and deep penetration was agony (never had this happen before). On Sunday (7/7, so three days after last encounter) I noticed a little bit of bright red blood mucus when I wiped. Only a teensy little bit. By Monday it had become brownish mucus and very scant. I had it again yesterday but less than on Monday. What could this be? Could it be implantation bleeding? I have never had this before and my period is not due for another 10 days or so.
I'm guessing that when the sex caused soreness on 7/4, you had probably already ovulated at that point, and your cervix had already closed and lowered. So, maybe you ovulated on 7/2 or 7/3? If it was 7/2 and the spotting was on 7/7, it's possible that it was implantation bleeding, but 5 days is still a little early. Implantation can happen in 5 days, but I've read that it takes a little bit for the blood from IB to actually make its way out and be seen. The one and only time I had implantation bleeding, it happened at 7DPO and I got a positive at 9DPO. Good luck! Whether it's IB or not, sounds like you got the timing perfect!

So, I'm doing good. Just chugging along - 24 weeks today. Doc said no matter what, I'll have my babies by 38 weeks, so only 14 weeks left. Eeek! My fundal height is measuring at 30 weeks for a singleton, which is just a fun tidbit. I've heard of twin mommas measuring at 52 weeks just before they go into labor. Can you imagine?! I seem to be carrying pretty well. I'm 5'8" so I guess my torso has plenty of room to accommodate both babes. I need to get a pic up for y'all.

My diet has been spot on for the past few weeks, but I'm now reaching that point where my usual meals of eggs, salad, and steak and kale don't really taste that good, but I'm just kind of choking them down because I know it's what's best for my babies. I really don't even have much of an appetite. I'm getting in my required protein and plenty of fat, but eating is not pleasurable at the moment. Oh well, it's much better than being ravenous, wanting to eat everything, and having cravings for naughty foods.

That's all for now. Sorry for such a long post.
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #467

Katie - If my screening had come back with a 1 in 10 odds, I would have opted for the amnio as well. Since my odds were so low, I didnt feel the need to go there. But I do understand what you are saying.

Sutton - I am finding that though I am often starving, absolutely nothing sounds good. It's like I have kind of lost my taste for food. I was enjoying salads w/ ranch dressing but now I am blah about them. It's so funny how your tasted change so much. Last night we had taco salads for dinner and those were OK.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #468
Senior LCF Member

ROLL CALL!!

OK, because I'm totally left brained, it'd be nice to have a condensed list of our active members and their current stats (i.e. pregnant and due date / TTC / Baby's Age and Birthday). Also feel free to include your real name, if you want. Forgive me if I'm leaving off a category, but I'm pretty sure everyone is either trying, prego, or has recently had a child. So, just copy and paste, add your info, and keep the list growing!

Trying to Conceive
Screen Name (Real Name) / Trying Since / Current Time Trying

Pregnant
Screen Name (Real Name) / Due Date / Current Weeks Pregnant

sutton_02 (Sutton) / Due Oct. 31, 2013 / Currently 24 Weeks

Baby's Here
Screen Name (Real Name) / Baby Name, Born On / Current Age

Last edited by sutton_02; 07-11-2013 at 09:50 AM..
Old 07-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #469
Thick and Delicious

Trying to Conceive

Pregnant

carlini (Debbie) / Due Jan. 26, 2014 / Currently 11W6D

Baby's Here
Screen Name (Real Name) / Baby Name, Born On / Current Age [/QUOTE]

Last edited by CARLINI; 07-11-2013 at 10:18 AM..
Old 07-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #470

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Trying to Conceive

Pregnant

pocahontas (Andi)/ Due Jan 12, 2014/ Currently 13w3d

Baby's Here
Here you go!

Last edited by pocahontas; 07-11-2013 at 10:56 AM..
Old 07-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #471
Senior LCF Member

Trying to Conceive

Pregnant

pocahontas (Andi) / Due Jan 12, 2014 / Currently 13w3d

Baby's Here
Old 07-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: VictoriaLynn
Stats: 5'2'' 366.4/284/130
WOE: Low Calorie
Start Date: January 21, 2013
I dont post much because this whole "trying" thing can get depressing sometimes, but I do follow you guys.

Trying to Conceive

VictoriaLynn (Vicki)/2008/3rd time trying (two miscarriages)

Pregnant

Baby's Here
VictoriaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #473
foxy librarian

Trying to Conceive

Pregnant

stargirl21 (Alie) / Due Feb 2, 2014 / Currently 11 weeks

Baby's Here
Old 07-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #474
foxy librarian

I just realized I have been on LCF for 10 years! Wow.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #475

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl21 View Post
I just realized I have been on LCF for 10 years! Wow.

It will be 12 yrs in Oct for me. I came in 2001, before they did the big wipe and reload. That is why so many of us have dates of Jun 2002. It was the beginning of the "new" LCF.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #476
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Sorry guys....I've been reading when I can, but not doing much posting at all. We are in the process of buying a new (bigger) house and trying to sell our other house and have moved into our old townhouse that our tentants have moved out of in the meantime so we can "stage" our old house for sale. So, as you can imagine, things are absolutely nuts here. Add a big audit at work by the state and hubby was in London for work for a week and then poor Brandon had a really scary accident where he fell down an entire flight of stairs at our townhouse (hardwood!) and I really thought he broke his neck before I could get to him (amazingly and thankfully he was okay, just several bumps and bruises).....things have been hard. But baby Ethan is 9 months old today (OMG!) and Brandon will be 21 months next Wednesday. So hard to believe....time really flies! I've added a couple more recent pics of my boys. They are a handful, let me tell you!

Anyway, I've added to the list:

Trying to Conceive

Pregnant

Baby's Here
Happycat21 (Sharon)/Brandon born on 10/17/11/20 months AND Ethan born on 10/11/12/9 months
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130609_180304_resized.jpg (25.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg PicsArt_1372129702364.jpg (52.7 KB, 8 views)

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon

Last edited by Happycat21; 07-11-2013 at 03:58 PM..
Happycat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #477

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Trying to Conceive

Pregnant

Baby's Here

Happycat21 (Sharon)/Brandon born on 10/17/11/20 months AND Ethan born on 10/11/12/9 months

Disneyprincess (Jackie)/ Kyle 10/12/09 =3 1/2 and Stella Grace 1/5/13 = 6 months
Current 12/7: 98.0
Goal: healtHy and fit
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Trying to Conceive

Suzie / June 2013 / 2nd time trying; after stillbirth on 3/7/13 @ 30 weeks

Pregnant

Baby's Here

Disneyprincess (Jackie)/ Kyle 10/12/09 =3 1/2 and Stella Grace 1/5/13 = 6 months

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #479
Thick and Delicious

Trying to Conceive

Suzie / June 2013 / 2nd time trying; after stillbirth on 3/7/13 @ 30 weeks

Pregnant

carlini (Debbie) / Due Jan. 24, 2014 / Currently 12W

Baby's Here

Old 07-12-2013, 07:08 AM   #480
Thick and Delicious

After my doctors visit yesterday, my due date changed to 1/24. He could not find the heartbeat with the doppler, so I had a ultrasound. The baby is still doing great. 12 weeks today. I also really like my new doctor. It's time to stop taking progesterone supps. I'm a little nervous about that, but I'm sure it will be fine. I'm calling today to set up my NT scan for next week.

Last edited by CARLINI; 07-12-2013 at 07:10 AM..