Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Don't give anyone this much power over you. She said what shevsaid. You need to letbgo of the comment. It is only hurting you to stay this upset.
If you pray, ask god to help you release this anger. That is what I do.
I understand your anger, I have felt that way too. But, as I get older gets easier to no longer give others the power to control how I feel.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
Don't give anyone this much power over you. She said what shevsaid. You need to letbgo of the comment. It is only hurting you to stay this upset.
If you pray, ask god to help you release this anger. That is what I do.
I understand your anger, I have felt that way too. But, as I get older gets easier to no longer give others the power to control how I feel.
Thanks. I really don't think about it daily or anything. I just planned on avoiding her because I don't think I could be even remotely nice to her and then it will just turn into a bigger thing. Or worse people will think it is because of the baby and that isn't it at all.

I don't know what I'm going to do about the party.

I tried to go to work today and they ended up sending me home (in a nice, supportive way) because I could not stop crying. All the crying is not about my nephews party. That just added to the stress I was already feeling. My birthday was a trigger I never expected. I can feel him missing from this time that is suppose to be happy though. It feels wrong to celebrate without him. I don't know how to explain it.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Stargirl - hang in there! The symptoms definitely sound positive!

Suzie - What a crappy situation to be in. I'd be beyond pissed if someone compared their 7 week miscarriage to a late pregnancy loss! NOT EVEN CLOSE!! And I don't blame you for not wanting to be around her right now.

However, sometimes I think the anxiety surrounding an upcoming situation can be much worse than it ends up being. We play it up in our heads and get worked up over seemingly stressful situations, then it ends up being really no biggie (or at least I tend to do this). I'm just thinking that at some point, you are going to have to be around her, right? Might as well get the dreaded part out of the way. And like Suzanne said, don't let someone else effect your well being. Shake the haters off. I think you should go to the party and make it all about your nephew. Try not to even think about your cousin and her comments. (I know, easier said than done.) If a conversation comes up that you don't want to be a part of, walk away.

Be strong. Hugs.
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #334

Gallery: pocahontas
Suzie - You can vent here all you want! After reading your posts, I wonder if this may be more about your b-day and not your rotten cousin? It's the little milestone's in life that we dont always realize have so much importance until they do. You spent months expecting to be celebrating this birthday with your son. It's totally understandable. Just remember that you are celebrating with him, in spirit! He will always be there with you, in your heart and your soul. You are his Mama and you always will be.

As to the other issue, I would be totally upset that my cousin thought it was appropriate to leave that kind of message and even more upset that she was "intruding" on your nephew's party. That said, Suzanne is right. Don't give her the power. Come for your nephew, congratulate her on her baby and don't give her any more energy.

stargirl - Sounds great! I hope that little bean is growing and getting stronger by the minute!

Last edited by pocahontas; 06-18-2013 at 10:02 AM..
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

So, I'm almost 21 weeks and finally starting to feel regular movement. We went and saw Man of Steel for Father's Day and the babies were going crazy! It was awesome! Makes me want to go see an action movie every day.

One week until my next ultrasound! Can't wait!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton_02 View Post
So, I'm almost 21 weeks and finally starting to feel regular movement. We went and saw Man of Steel for Father's Day and the babies were going crazy! It was awesome! Makes me want to go see an action movie every day.

One week until my next ultrasound! Can't wait!
Old 06-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #337
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
(((Suzie))). you can definitely vent here.
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Suzie I am soooo irritated with your cousin. OMG she is awful. A miscarriage is an awful thing to go through but in my eyes you suffered the loss of a child, which is in a completely different category. I could never say what I actually think of her here. Grrrrr.

I think that what the right thing to do would be to go and ignore her. I know that what I would ACTUALLY do is to take my nephew out like potaty suggested and then stay home the day of the party. While you don't want her to think she has power over you, your mental health and happiness is really important. It is obvious to me that you are hurting. My concern is, what if you can't hold it together at the party? You would feel absolutely terrible and who knows what your cousin would think. Just my thoughts.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
Suzie I am soooo irritated with your cousin. OMG she is awful. A miscarriage is an awful thing to go through but in my eyes you suffered the loss of a child, which is in a completely different category. I could never say what I actually think of her here. Grrrrr.

I think that what the right thing to do would be to go and ignore her. I know that what I would ACTUALLY do is to take my nephew out like potaty suggested and then stay home the day of the party. While you don't want her to think she has power over you, your mental health and happiness is really important. It is obvious to me that you are hurting. My concern is, what if you can't hold it together at the party? You would feel absolutely terrible and who knows what your cousin would think. Just my thoughts.
I guess that is how I'm torn. I don't want to hurt my nephew above all, but I am afraid I'll have a breakdown at the party. Then, it will all be "oh, poor suzie can't handle being around a baby." Which isn't the case. Or if I snip then she turns into the victim. I know I shouldn't care what people think, but I have worked hard on trying to get myself back together. I don't want the pity stares or to be treated like I'm breakable. That makes it worse. It makes me think of losing Connor constantly, if people constantly treat me as if I may cry at any moment.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:52 AM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
I don't want the pity stares or to be treated like I'm breakable. That makes it worse. It makes me think of losing Connor constantly, if people constantly treat me as if I may cry at any moment.
Use that as fuel to stay strong at the party and put up a front if you have to.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #341
foxy librarian

Are you ladies taking DHA? When I first got pregnant I was so unprepared I just went out the next day and bought the One-A-Day prenatal that came with a separate bottle of dha. I ordered some more but it is really hard to take. It tastes so nasty. I try taking it right before I go to bed but it still bugs me. Ugh.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can't take it separately. I actually have only found one prenatal that doesn't make me sick to my stomach. I get a 60 day supply at Walmart for around $11, so not too bad. It is the Nature Made Prenatal Multi + DHA. I tried the Similac prenatal when I got a coupon that made it free during my pregnancy. The DHA was a separate pill. I had to pull over on my way to work and puke in the post office parking lot.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #343
foxy librarian

I'm glad I'm not alone! I burp sooo much since I got pregnant I can taste the fish oil. *shudder*

Good to know about the all in one. I couldn't find one.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:14 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

I take the New Chapter Organics Perfect Prenatal. It is food based, so most of the vitamins are in their bioavailable, rather than synthetic, forms. For my DHA, I take Now Foods liquid fish oil (lemon flavored). I personally take a tablespoon per day (unless I've got salmon or sardines on the menu), which provides 1,425mg of DHA. I have never had problems with the liquid fish oil causing nausea or burps, whereas pills do that to me.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #345

I take Trader Joe's brand prenatals because there is 800mg folic acid in just one pill. They are made by Rainbow Light and dont give me tummy troubles. I actually take Carlson's Lemon flavored CLO. I have been taking a tbsp a day for years, started before we TTC DS. I take my prental and the CLO before bed to avoid any burps or tummy issues.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Andi - I like your style! Carlson's is a really good brand. I also sometimes take Green Pastures Fermented Cod Liver Oil/Butter Oil Blend, but not everyday. That stuff's expensive!!
Old 06-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #347

Thanks sutton! I know there are better CLO's out on the market now but I like my Carlson's and you're right, they can be so pricey!
Old 06-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #348

So I had an apple today and can you believe it gave me heartburn? Please tell me it's not starting already!
Old 06-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #349
foxy librarian

Thanks for the suggestions!

Ugh heartburn. I have been craving limeade and drank a bunch last night and ended up with some. The back if my throat just burned
Old 06-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl21 View Post
Are you ladies taking DHA? When I first got pregnant I was so unprepared I just went out the next day and bought the One-A-Day prenatal that came with a separate bottle of dha. I ordered some more but it is really hard to take. It tastes so nasty. I try taking it right before I go to bed but it still bugs me. Ugh.
I got some of these for before I went to my first doctor's appointment and I agree that the fish oil is absolutely nasty. I took it before bed too, and eventually switched to the prescription prenatal the OB gave me. I wish I had some better advice, I toughed it out because I didn't want to waste money buying another bottle from Walmart when I knew the OB would give me Rx stuff.

Here is a pic of Miss Hannah, 6 days old here:

Last edited by SouthernCJ; 06-20-2013 at 07:31 PM..
SouthernCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:55 AM   #351
foxy librarian

Oh CJ she is just perfect! Congrats Mama
Old 06-21-2013, 05:48 AM   #352
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
CJ she is a pretty baby!

we waited 5 days to learn Kimye's bebe is North West? Sheesh. Hollywood.
KQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #353

CJ - she is so totally gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
we waited 5 days to learn Kimye's bebe is North West? Sheesh. Hollywood.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Awe, Hannah is precious. I bet you're just smitten.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
So I had an apple today and can you believe it gave me heartburn? Please tell me it's not starting already!
That sucks! I've been having a touch of heartburn just about every afternoon. Hopefully it doesn't get worse.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

All of her grandparents are here this weekend and I think that we are all SO smitten. I have never seen her daddy like this, he is cooing at her and helping me pick out which pink onesie we should change her into.

I had heartburn for one single day at the very end of my pregnancy after I tried to eat spicy foods to put me into labor. So painful! My entire chest just ached. I had never had heartburn before really. Makes me feel really bad for the women who have it through their whole pregnancy.
SouthernCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #357

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post

She is nursing so posting one handed, wanted to get some pics up quick.
She is beautiful! I just love the pics! Congrats to you momma!
I had back labor too and it is the WORST. Laying made it unbearable, so I spent the entire 16 hours walking, standing, squatting (other then the time I was in the tub) I only laid down to get checked. Contractions were 100 times worse while laying down! I feel your pain girl! I am so jealous of your "short" labor! I pray to God my next one is shorter!
Thank you so much for sharing your story!
Lori37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #358

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
So after about a month, Rose started crying in the car. It would be sporadic. Sometimes only happening during the day but not at night. Well now, she doesn't cry, she screams like she is DYING and has a look of sheer terror on her face, EVERY single time we are in the car. And it starts either as soon as the car moves, or even when we just start to buckler her into her car seat in the house. It's gotten so bad, I limit where I go. I can't take it anymore. We've tried EVERYTHING. I've been taking all suggestions and trying them. Even going as far as to try a new car seat, and to even try a different car for a weekend! She's 3 months on monday, I just hope she grows out of this soon. I"m out of ideas!
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Lori37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #359

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
James had an anti car phase last summer, it made life very difficult.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Awe, Lori, that sounds rough. I wish I had advice, but I obviously have no experience. Hopefully y'all will find a solution soon.