Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 05:10 AM   #301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Congratulations CJ! Can't wait to see pictures!

As of today I'm three days late. I need to buy some more tests. The plan is to test again on Monday if I haven't started by then. I'm going to then call my doctor either way if I still haven't started. I'm paranoid now that I am pregnant but the HCG levels aren't rising and something is wrong. Trying to just not stress/think about it for now.
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #302
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Purrgirl
Stats: 146/128 5'6
WOE: Vegetarian
Just found this thread. I typically don't leave the PG much.

I'm 36 weeks and 5 days and expecting our second little girl. Our other daughter is 11 months old.

Congratulations CJ.

Congratulations to all those who are expecting and praying for gods comfort for those who are trying to conceive or suffered any losses.

Suzie - do you have an early detector test that shows positive before you're a month late? Praying for good news!
Purrgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #303
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
Congrats CJ!!! I can't wait to see her

We had our ultrasound this week and the news wasn't great we saw the little babe and the heartbeat but it was slow. All we can do is wait and hope it keeps growing
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #304

Praying for you Stargirl.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Welcome purrgirl and congrats on your soon-to-be bundle of joy!

Stargirl - I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. What was the heart rate? When do you go back?

Last edited by sutton_02; 06-15-2013 at 01:43 PM..
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #306
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
CJ I can't wait to see pics!
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrgirl View Post
Just found this thread. I typically don't leave the PG much.

I'm 36 weeks and 5 days and expecting our second little girl. Our other daughter is 11 months old.

Congratulations CJ.

Congratulations to all those who are expecting and praying for gods comfort for those who are trying to conceive or suffered any losses.

Suzie - do you have an early detector test that shows positive before you're a month late? Praying for good news!
I bought first response, suppose to tell 6 days before your missed period. I've never heard of a test that doesn't tell you until you are a month late? I tested again tonight, still a negative. I'm three days late.

The plan is to test Monday morning and if it is still negative, and still no period, the doctor is being called.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl21 View Post
Congrats CJ!!! I can't wait to see her

We had our ultrasound this week and the news wasn't great we saw the little babe and the heartbeat but it was slow. All we can do is wait and hope it keeps growing
Sending out tons of prayers and well wishes!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #308
foxy librarian

Thanks ladies. I really appreciate it.

The ultrasound was kind of stressful because I have tilted uterus and this tech couldn't find the baby at all at first so we had to do an abdominal. I'm not really far enough along to be able to see much anyway but we could see the heart beating. It kept moving though. When she measured what we could see it was 71bpm So its very low. My husband and I were both pretty upset. The midwife was honest with us and said it wasn't great news and we had a 50/50 chance. She wanted me to come back Monday but I said I wanted to wait. I was just 7 weeks and there is really nothing I can do but wait and hope. So I decided to go back July 1 unless something happens before then.

She did say it was a very good sign that I haven't been spotting or bleeding at all. In fact my symptoms have really increased over the last few days. I feel very hopeful and so does my husband. I don't feel like anything is wrong but who knows. I'm just thinking positive and hoping my little bean keeps growing.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #309
foxy librarian

That night I was so upset that I impulsively ordered a fetal heart doppler. I doubt I'll be able to hear anything but I just keep thinking the tech screwed up and I want to see for myself. Kind of grasping at straws though. I know it is out of my hands.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #310

Suzie - my mistake. I meant to write that most tests don't tell you your pg till you missed a period. Not sure why I put a month late. I'm hopeful your test just hasn't detected your HCG level yet. I always tested first thing in the morning when I figured my urine would be strongest. Not sure if there's truth in it, but that's what I did.

Stargirl - I'm hopeful that due to the position of the baby it was hard to detect the HR. I was recently hospitalized at 31+ weeks. There was almost an hour that the nurse couldn't detect the baby's HR.

Thanks Sutton. Twins..how exciting!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I usually do first morning urine too. I just did it tonight, because I bought the test, was anxious, and have to work tomorrow. I'll test first morning urine again Monday. Like I said, if I haven't started and still test negative I'm calling my doctor office, and having them talk specifically to my dr. There are 4 in the practice, but one very familiar with Connor and me. I want them to talk to him about it. Hopefully, at that point he will at least send me for some blood work.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #312

Gallery: pocahontas
CJ - I am dying for pics! Congrats!

stargirl - Keep positive. My prayers are with you!

Suzie - Have you been charting or anything? I wonder if you had a late ovulation or maybe no ovulation this cycle. ?? Keep us posted!

Not much going on here, I will be 10 wks tomorrow and I am still fairly anxious. My u/s is in 2 wks. Not many symptoms but I never have them anyway so they are no indication really. Staying positive!
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #313

Congratulations Andi! Praying for you and the little one.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't chart. The only thing I do is use an app to watch my cycle and when things should be. I guess my cycle was just wonky this month. I started this morning. I'm fine though, because we started trying this month on the assumption it would take more than one month! The doctor wanted me to have three cycles first, and this is my third. We were jumping the gun a bit and figuring it wouldn't take the first month!
Old 06-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #315

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
CJ! So excited for you! Can't wait to see her!
Lori37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009

She is nursing so posting one handed, wanted to get some pics up quick.
SouthernCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I said it in the other thread too, but she is so precious! Snuggle her for me please!
Old 06-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #318
foxy librarian

Oh CJ she is absolutely precious

Suzie- sorry about the wonky cycle. That would be really frustrating. I hope it gets back on track next month.

Andi- Glad you are still feeling good!

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts everyone. I truly appreciate it. I was really nauseous today but otherwise feel good.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #319

Gallery: pocahontas
CJ - she is seriously the cutest thing! I would love to hear how the birth went......and if you dont mind me saying, she looks so perfect, like a c-section baby! You didnt have one, did you? Maybe I missed something. Anyway, I had a c-sect with DS and all the nurses kept coming in and saying that c-sect babies came out so pretty and perfect! Seriously, she doesnt look smooshed or bruised or anything, just pure gorgeousness!

Suzie - So glad you have a fresh start now.

stargirl - The nausea sounds like a good sign to me. I know it's hard but hang in there and send positive vibes to that baby every day. I wonder if the tech just couldnt get a good enough looksie because of the tilted ute?

Thanks Laura! Glad you joined us.

pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:25 AM   #320
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
CJ - congratulations!! she is a beautiful baby!! look at that blonde hair! awww.... yay. so happy for you.

sutton - your twin bump is adorable

suzie - i was anxious for you too! glad you finally got your answer. sending you good O-vibes for this cycle.

stargirl - I bought a fetal monitor right after my 10w appt, I couldn't stand the wait between appts and not hearing her HB. I used it almost everyday until I felt her kicking, and even then I'd still use it for my husband to hear her HB on the phone when he was out of town. The HB reading would change from how I was laying or where I placed the dopplar, but I could always get a good loud HB at the LH lower abdomen spot. I hope the tilted U was the only reason it was hard to find.

Brooke is 8 months today! we're still having some nighttime sleeping issues, she likes to flip over onto her side and then onto her stomach. My mind know it's ok for her to sleep on her tummy, but it still scares me so I flip her back over, then she turns onto her side again. she must just be a side sleeper.

mommy needs to get real with her eating. I worked at my friend's photobooth this weekend for a wedding and iye-yie-yie i did not like seeing those pictures of me!
Old 06-17-2013, 03:14 AM   #321
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carol R
What a beautiful gorgeous and adorable little girl! I am sooo envious of all mummies since I really want to have a child myself.... need to convince my boyfriend first, though...

All the best for you!!!
Carol R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you all so much for the compliments on my little angel I would love to share the birth details now that baby is sleeping away and both my hands are free!

Okay I have never done a birth story before so here goes. I had been having some nasty back pain at work on Thursday afternoon, around 10 am I had to shut my office door and take a minute to myself because I was verrry unhappy. My back pain has been really irritating me these last few weeks though, so I didn't think much of it. Around noon the pain started coming in waves, but again didn't think much of it because it was all in my back! I timed the waves and they were about 8 minutes apart. I told myself there was no way they were contractions. Went to do some work in the lab and was sitting at a fume hood. Stood up after I was finished and my water broke. Woops! Guess I was in labor. So, thank goodness everyone else was in training, I was all alone in the lab and was able to sneak back to my office and clean up with my dignity intact. Called DH and let him know my water broke, he was on lunch and came to work to pick me up. My contractions had already amped up and he didn't want me driving.

We drove home and I took a shower so I could shave my legs and wash my hair. I also put on makeup and blew out my hair (I think I was just on autopilot after getting out of the shower and doing what I normally do, hahaha!). DH left while I was showering and dropped our pup off at the kennel. We got our things together and headed to the hospital.

Got checked in and whatnot. I was 2-3 cm dilated at that point and my contractions were 3-4 minutes apart. Extremely painful and ALL in my back. I labored for about 2 hours with my contractions pulling in to 2 minutes apart and only dilated to a 4 in that time. I was planning on natural childbirth but asked for the epidural at that point. I'm not sure what I was expecting but back labor was absolutely horrible and I could not handle it. I feel a little wimpy but absolutely no regrets on getting the epidural. After that I dilated to 7 in a couple hours, and was able to take a nap during that time! DH said I slept for a couple hours. I woke up feeling great and went from a 7 to 10 in about another 2 hours. I threw up somewhere in between 7 and 9 and started feeling the contractions again from 9 to 10. They were painful even through the epidural but totally do-able. All in my back (boo).

Started pushing at 10 and the nurses confirmed that was indeed, face up. Explaining the back labor. While I was pushing they told me she was blonde-headed Pushed for 25 minutes, she came out sunny side up and I ended up with a small tear. Baby cried immediately. They cleaned her up and brought her to DH and I, perfect as can be! We couldn't believe how pretty she looked and I even said to DH, she looks like a C-section baby! So too funny that Andi mentioned that, a couple of my mom's friends said the same thing. That second picture I posted was minutes after they handed her to me.

From my water breaking to her being born was 9 hours and 20 minutes. 25 minutes of pushing. The doctor seemed very impressed with the quick labor with me being a first time mom and her being face up. He told me that my next birth will probably be very easy in comparison, and not to get too far from the hospital with the next baby since he would expect it to go very quickly and for me to have a hard time realizing I'm in labor since back labor is really intense.

Didn't need any stadol or pitocin since I progressed nicely on my own after the epidural. We both had a fever when she was born that they said was from the epidural but that went down right away in both of us. My left leg was numb for a long time afterwards because I laid on my side while I was laboring. Those were the side effects I was wanting to avoid by skipping the epi but I am still happy I got it.

I think that's all the details!

Last edited by SouthernCJ; 06-17-2013 at 08:37 AM..
Old 06-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
She looks absolutely perfect!!!! And thank you for sharing your birth story. Sounds like a very smooth labor. Congrats again!!!! How big was she?
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton_02 View Post
She looks absolutely perfect!!!! And thank you for sharing your birth story. Sounds like a very smooth labor. Congrats again!!!! How big was she?
I thought it went very well, I am really pleased! She was 7 pounds 10 ounces, very small baby in our family. 20.5 inches long. I was 8 pounds 10 ounces and her dad was 9 pounds 6 ounces. We didn't believe the doctor when she told us she would be about 7 and a half, but she was right!

Had to edit to add, her legs were ultra long on ultrasound which is why we thought the doctor was crazy to say she would only be 7.5. Well she just has really long legs She fills out the legs of her footie PJ's to the end and the arms are hanging off of her. Built like Momma already, long legs!

Last edited by SouthernCJ; 06-17-2013 at 02:01 PM..
Old 06-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #325
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
She is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pics!
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #326
foxy librarian

That sounds like a wonderful birth experience! So happy for you

Still doing well here. No signs of anything "bad" happening. My symptoms are definitely increasing, which I am taking as a good thing! My sore boobs left for a bit but this morning they hurt so bad in the shower and were sore all day. It also felt like my uterus did some serious stretching this weekend. I had those quick sharp pains for an hour and then was sore the next day. Lots of tummy aches too! I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #327

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
She is beyond cute. Am also thrilled the delivery went so smoothly.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #328
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I really, really, know that this is not a place for one of my grief rants, so please forgive me for posting this here. I don't really have anywhere else to put it, since it is a family sensitive matter. I am part of a grief group on FB, but so is one of my sisters.

My nephews birthday party is this weekend. Which, would normally be a very happy occasion. I love them like they are my own kids. However, my sister, unbeknownst to me, invited my cousin.

My cousin had a baby a few weeks after when Connor was due, which would be hard enough. She was a complete selfish witch the whole time we were both pregnant. The day she had her baby she put a very insensitive post on FB lumping Connor in with a very early loss she had, which they named Adrian (lost around 7 wks, no clue of gender). And saying that my day would come. I did not take this well and have not spoken to her since. I doubt she has noticed.

I had no plans on going to any of their family events anytime soon as I'm still very upset with her. Well, my sister now invited her to my nephew's party, not realizing how upset I really was about all of this. She is coming. Which she NEVER does. But of course now she has a baby to get attention with, so she is coming.

My sister's suggestion was maybe I could hang out in the basement with the kids to be away from her. I'm hurt that I would have to banish myself to the basement to be at my own nephew's birthday when I haven't missed one event in his life and she has only been to a handful. I can't hardly skip it either though or my nephew would be crushed.

I'm in a really hard place, and have been sick to my stomach and crying upset for the past 20 minutes over this. My birthday is Wednesday and I was already not keen about celebrating this year with the loss, and now I'm just kind of pushed over the ledge down and out tonight.

Sorry if I'm rambling or have a ton of typos. I'm sorry that this isn't the proper spot for a rant like this. I just don't know who else to get this off my chest to. I'm sorry.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 06-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #329
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
Suzie, I am a total lurker on this thread but just felt compelled to respond. How old will your nephew be? I agree 1,000% with you on being upset and not wanting to be banished to the basement for the party. I think you are so justified in your feelings. What if you picked up your nephew a day before the party and took him on your own little adventure? Depending on his age, you can explain it however you feel is right. You could take him out to eat, to a movie, to an arcade, let him pick his own gift, etc. Give him the gift of time and make it all about him. That way you still make him feel loved and important but you can avoid the actual party. huge hugs for you!!!!

*back to lurking*
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potaty View Post
Suzie, I am a total lurker on this thread but just felt compelled to respond. How old will your nephew be? I agree 1,000% with you on being upset and not wanting to be banished to the basement for the party. I think you are so justified in your feelings. What if you picked up your nephew a day before the party and took him on your own little adventure? Depending on his age, you can explain it however you feel is right. You could take him out to eat, to a movie, to an arcade, let him pick his own gift, etc. Give him the gift of time and make it all about him. That way you still make him feel loved and important but you can avoid the actual party. huge hugs for you!!!!

*back to lurking*
Thanks for responding. He will be five. I don't know how I can explain it that won't hurt his feelings. Thinking of him hurt hurts me too. It is lose lose right now. I need to sleep for work but need to slow my mind first.