Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #271
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
(((Suzie))) I can even begin to imagine what you must be feeling but I'm very excited for you. I hope you post more of your thoughts and chime in when you feel comfortable.

I am 6 weeks today. Tomorrow I am starting a yoga class at the local hospital. I have my next ultrasound on the 13th. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. Each day is a day closer to meeting my little one. Just feels like such a long road with so much uncertainty ahead.
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Suzie---so glad to hear you are trying again! Connor would be so happy to hear that he would have had a baby brother or sister I am sure. I know he would want his mommy and daddy to be happy.

Andi- My bff had a miscarriage at around 12 weeks and it was really the most devastating thing that had happened to her thus far in her life. She really had a very hard time getting over it. I spent a lot of nights on the phone with her trying to get her through the next minute sometimes. I am saying for you too!

As for me, things are just crazy....we are moving, kind of a temporary move into our tonwhouse because our tentants moved out while we try to sell our current house (hoping for a quick sale) so we can close on the new house we put an offer on and are in contract to buy now. The new house's mortgage is contigent on us selling our current house. So...things are pretty stressful here to say the least. I can tell Brandon knows something is going on. He is 19 months and keeps pointing at things that aren't there anymore. Last night was our last night spent in our current house. Tonight we spend at the townhouse. I'm kind of sad, mixed feelings I guess. If all goes well (I'm seriously on pins and needles here since one thing kind of hinges on another!), we will have a bigger house with a family room and a garage. Oh and Brandon and Ethan can have their own bedrooms too and DH can have his own "office/clutter room" too.

As far as pictures, here are a couple I took over the weekend. The first is my favorite because I caught Ethan in a great moment with the most priceless look on his face while Brandon was trying to lean against him, lol! The second shows that Ethan is sitting up really well now by himself! He is army crawling....and he basically can get from point a to point b, but it ain't pretty how he does it, He will be 8 months next Tuesday, how time is flying!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130602_120815_resized.jpg (55.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 20130602_120735_resized.jpg (48.6 KB, 20 views)

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Happycat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Suzie – Exciting that y’all are trying again! I hope you get a positive HPT very soon! I know what you mean about not wanting to tell too many people you’re trying. They tend to get more antsy about it than the couple. Also, I cannot even imagine the emotional roller coaster involved after having such a late loss. I’m pretty sure I would be beyond a wreck the whole time as well. I hope you can find some peace to get you through your next pregnancy.

Give the prego tests to your hubby and mark the date that he’s allowed to give you one.

Sharon – Your boys are soooo cute!! It makes me even more ready to meet mine! Do you mind if I ask what ethnicity they are?
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #274
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
Sharon, the pics are too cute! The first one is just hilarious! DS had those same green jammies but he has since outgrown them.

stargirl - So glad all is well! yoga sounds fun. I have never been into it but I may give it a try sometime.

Sutton - the avi!
pocahontas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton_02 View Post
Sharon – Your boys are soooo cute!! It makes me even more ready to meet mine! Do you mind if I ask what ethnicity they are?
Aw, thank you! They are half Chinese, half white. DH is from Taiwan. My younger one looks like my husband's mini me, he definitely looks more Chinese. My older one can pass for caucasian on most occasions. It's funny how genetics work! But I can see a lot of my older son in my younger son now that he is getting older if that makes sense

Also love your avatar! Very beautiful picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Sharon, the pics are too cute! The first one is just hilarious! DS had those same green jammies but he has since outgrown them.
Thanks! Yeah, Brandon is *very* protective of Ethan, even at daycare. It is very cute. He puts blankets on him to make sure he is warm and even swats away the hands of other children and says "no!" when they want to touch him. That last part we need to work on a little....he is getting at that stage where almost everything is "NO"! But it is cute that he feels Ethan is kind of "his", but I think he thinks of him more like a big life like doll more than anything.

And yes, we love the Carter's PJ's. I am going to be so sad when they outgrow them! That's what they spend the lazy rainy weekend days in....so comfy and cozy!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Daddy and his "mini me" Ethan!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130313_144731_resized.jpg (23.7 KB, 26 views)
Old 06-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #277
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Brooke said mama! finally got her on video the other night. I heard my husband up with her at 3am and she was chatting away, mama mama mama maaaaama.

Suzie, good to see you around!
KQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the pic compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
Aw, thank you! They are half Chinese, half white. DH is from Taiwan. My younger one looks like my husband's mini me, he definitely looks more Chinese. My older one can pass for caucasian on most occasions. It's funny how genetics work!
Oh yeah, Ethan definitely looks more like his dad than Brandon. My hubby is Hispanic, and I've got red hair and fair skin, so I'm pretty sure my boys will be getting their dad's dominant genes. Everyone keeps joking that I'm going to get red headed dark skinned babies, but that doesn't sound very cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
Thanks! Yeah, Brandon is *very* protective of Ethan, even at daycare. It is very cute. He puts blankets on him to make sure he is warm and even swats away the hands of other children and says "no!" when they want to touch him. That last part we need to work on a little....he is getting at that stage where almost everything is "NO"! But it is cute that he feels Ethan is kind of "his", but I think he thinks of him more like a big life like doll more than anything.
Awe, that is sweetest thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
Brooke said mama! finally got her on video the other night. I heard my husband up with her at 3am and she was chatting away, mama mama mama maaaaama.
How cute!
Old 06-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Thank you ladies! It really means a lot to read the nice comments and have the support!
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Suzie-I have my fingers crossed for you! I think that this is what Connor would have wanted, to have a baby brother or sister for you guys to have here with you. You are so brave, I check up on your blog all the time

Andi-I hope these next couple weeks really fly by. I bet that teeny little babe is growing away in there!

Stargirl-I continued with my yoga classes up until I got shingles at around 7 months. I never went back because physical activity really irritates the nerve pain. However, I could recommend yoga highly enough. I really attribute it to having very few aches and pains this pregnancy. Since I had been doing yoga/pilates for a couple years prior to getting pregnant my abs were really strong and I am carrying really small. I think you will love it, but expect to be sore the first couple times if you have never done it before!

Happycat-Look at those babies!!! They could not be cuter, goodness

KQT-I can't believe she said Mama!! We need some pics!!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #281
foxy librarian

Happycat- your boys are so sweet!

Krissy- that is amazing! must be the best sound ever

CJ- I loved my class! I'm so glad I signed up. I thought I would get weird looks because I was the *least* pregnant woman there But everyone was super nice and encouraging.

So far no morning sickness! Occasionally some nausea but that is it. I never thought it was possible to be nauseous and starving at the same time. I'm really hungry throughout the day, especially when I wake up. And really tired
Old 06-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #282

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Ugg. Typed out a huge post and it went away!

We are in NY visiting family before we move to ohio. We took a trip there and signed for the house. I can't wait to move!
Kids are doing well. Stella is 5 months now and finally sleeping great! (Up once around 3am and sleeps from 9-7). She is also eating oats and brown rice. I'm waiting until we move to start her on veggies since ill be making everything.
She is also saying mama! I can't believe she said it before dada or baba but I love hearing in
I'm going to go catch up with you guys.

image.jpg
Current 12/7: 98.0
Goal: healtHy and fit
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:26 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Stargirl - so glad you liked your yoga class! I need to get started on some prenatal yoga soon. I was thinking I'd just order a video from Amazon. I'm still doing my regular weight training and walking the dog, but I know that the yoga will be very beneficial in so many ways. With regard to the nausea and hunger - I had no morning sickness the first trimester, but I had to eat every two hours to prevent any nausea. As long as I stayed ahead of my hunger, I never felt bad at all. Once I hit the second trimester, I was able to go back to a more normal meal spacing. I now usually eat four times a day (occasionally five).

DisneyPrincess - I hate when that happens! That is great that Stella is sleeping well! I'm a little jealous, as I've already started dealing with poor sleep due to not being able to get/stay comfortable. I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that I'm done with restful sleep for a while.

So, I am 19 weeks now and I think the babies have hit a growth spurt. I've been hungrier than usual and my belly has really grown in the past week. I tweaked my back earlier this week, which was causing some horrid back spasms. I saw the chiropractor and got an adjustment, and literally overnight my belly popped out more. I think the babies must've been hanging close to my back (possibly causing the back issues), and repositioned after the adjustment. I look bigger, but feel so much better!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Sutton-I think 19 weeks was when my little girl had a growth spurt as well. I was REALLY hungry that month. I had actually lost a little weight at that point (net) and then gained 9 pounds in just that month.

1 cm dilated and 90% effaced! Doctor said it will be soon, doesn't think I'll make it another week. She said not to be frustrated that I'm not dilated any more, that I'll probably need to be 100% effaced to see any more progress in dilation since it's my first baby. I'm getting so excited! Not sure if I'm ready though, if that makes any sense at all!
SouthernCJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CJ - I couldn't be more excited for you! You have been so supportive to me, during my pregnancy and after the loss. It meant a lot to me when you messaged me to check on me. I can't wait to see pictures of your little one.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #286

Gallery: pocahontas
CJ - I am so excited and dying to see that baby!

sutton - I am the same way. No nausea as long as I stay ahead of my hunger. If I get too hungry, I get dizzy and feel totally off. Glad your back is feeling better! You will be experiencing a lot of growth from here on out!

Dp - Glad to see ya! Hope the move goes well. Stella is too cute! I love that age when they fill out and get chubby cheeks.

stargirl - Happy that you loved the yoga class. I will have to see what they have in my area.

I am on vacation next week so I dont know how often I will pop in. We are going to be spending time on the beach and just relaxing. I hope to get my mind off things and just relax.

pocahontas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #287
foxy librarian

CJ- that is so exciting!!! Can't wait to see your little one.

Sutton- I'm glad you are feeling better. Sorry about the back issues. My back is already hurting...no clue why. I have trouble getting comfortable at night and have to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night so that doesn't help my sleeping.

Andi- enjoy your vacation! I am teaching summer camp the last 2 weeks of June but then I'm a free woman until Sept.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm jealous of the vacations going on! I'm technically on "summer break" from my full time job. However, I have picked up a summer job at a local farm/orchard. I work in the country store. I have to work tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday. I'm trying to power through it with a positive attitude! It is hard, because I'm not used to working evenings/weekends and I was suppose to be home with Connor this summer. I keep trying to tell myself things could be worse and with it being family owned it isn't a bad place to work.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 06-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #289
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Suzie, the locals are the ones that always seem to be the most appreciative of the work! My husband did a quick job with the local strawberry farm for a freezer building and to this day they were some of the nicest clients he's ever worked with. paid him in cash too! laaaaarge stack of 20's and he handed it over in this beat up tin box. LOL. so cute.

i really like your stepping stone that the hospital made for Connor. i tried making one of those for mother's day with the kit the hospital gave us, and we totally ruined it. first it was too mushy, then too hard, then we re-wet it and got all over the counter... fail.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
Suzie, the locals are the ones that always seem to be the most appreciative of the work! My husband did a quick job with the local strawberry farm for a freezer building and to this day they were some of the nicest clients he's ever worked with. paid him in cash too! laaaaarge stack of 20's and he handed it over in this beat up tin box. LOL. so cute.

i really like your stepping stone that the hospital made for Connor. i tried making one of those for mother's day with the kit the hospital gave us, and we totally ruined it. first it was too mushy, then too hard, then we re-wet it and got all over the counter... fail.
Yeah, I can definitely tell the difference from working at family owned to working at a big corporation!

They did a great job! It never firmed up completely. It is more kind of like a hard foam. I cherish it though!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #291
foxy librarian

How is everyone doing???

I am 7 weeks today! I feel pretty good. Just sooooo tired during the day. I really need to start eating better too. All I am craving are carbs.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #292
Senior LCF Member

I am ticked right now. I normally try not to vent too much on boards, but I just used my lunch break at work to go to my 20 week check, only to get there and find out there was no electricity in the building. It had been out for an hour, so they had plenty of time to call people and let them know. And I know they had my phone number written down, because they confirmed it with me while I was there. And I realize the phones may have been out as well, but if I worked there, I would've had no problem using my cell phone to call people. Do they really think people have nothing better to do but take time out of their day to drive to an appointment, only to be turned away. Have a little courtesy! I'll leave it at that, but needless to say, I am very displeased with the way they handled the situation. End rant.

Stargirl - I think everyone craves carbs their first trimester. Just try not to go overboard or choose crappy carb sources (sugar, wheat, etc), and know that those cravings should dissipate in the second tri.

I'm feeling great now! I'm really glad I hooked up with the chiro last week and think I'll continue to see her through the end of the pregnancy (or as long as I can continue to waddle in to see her). I got in a good resistance workout yesterday, which was much needed after not working out the week before. I feel so much better when I workout consistently.

Diet has been good. Hubby and I are doing a June paleo challenge. It's kind of a modified paleo challenge because I allow myself protein powder and 80% dark chocolate. Carbs stay around or under 100g per day, which mainly comes from fruit and veggies. I try not to overdo the fruit, but it definitely goes down nicely with this 90+ heat. Uuuug, and it's only June.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Baby is still happily cooking away. I had no more progress at this appointment, but I had her strip my membranes and she said that now I am at about a 2 or 3 dilated. Will not be getting my membranes stripped again, yowza. Trying to be patient, I know I'm not even to my due date yet!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:18 AM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, ladies. I am one day late. No cramping or any signs of a coming period at all. I tested this morning, and still a negative. So, I have no clue! My cycles are usually spot on. The only other time I was late, I tested that evening and it was positive (Connor). I guess it could just be late and a bit wonky for some reason this month.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carbs were unfortantely the only thing I could keep down my first trimester with both babies. Especially with my second one where I had severe morning (yeah right, try ALL DAY!) sickness. But luckily, that ended around 14 weeks just like "they" promised.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #296
foxy librarian

I don't really have an excuse with the carbs. I'm just always hungry

I have a sono to hear the heartbeat this afternoon Hoping everything looks good!

CJ- Hang in there! You are getting so close.

Suzie- :hug: keep us updated!
Old 06-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #297

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I had horrible morning sickness. I could not even look at raw meat without puking. It was a rough nine months. I managed to stay low carb because I knew it was healthiest for me and the baby. I ate a lot of food I normally do not eat. I stated my morning with an artichoke, lol. It was weird, but better than eating what. Really wanted, pancakes.
I know how hard it is, but this is for your health and your baby.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member

CJ - Isn't today your official due date? Oh, I would be too excited to do much if I were in your shoes! I hope we get an update shortly after her arrival!

Suzie - good luck! Keep us posted!

So, my hubby just brought home a gallon of fresh organic blackberries that he got from a coworker who lives on a farm (it's the same guy we get our eggs from). They are big and juicy! I am thinking about making hubby a paleo blackberry cobbler for Father's Day (coconut flour, eggs, butter, a little bit of maple syrup). No big offenders, as long as I don't use much maple syrup.

I am 20 weeks as of yesterday! Wooohooo! Here is my 20 week bump . . .

We definitely had quite the growth spurt between 16 and 20 weeks. I didn't gain any weight this past week, but as of this morning, I'm up 18 pounds in 20 weeks. I feel good about this number for twins. My arms and legs don't really seem to be getting fatter, which I think is a good thing. The belly definitely makes my butt look small and my small chest look even smaller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20 Weeks.jpg (16.0 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by sutton_02; 06-14-2013 at 01:41 PM..
Old 06-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

She came yesterday! Will post pics when I can get to a laptop she is beautiful!
Old 06-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Oh CJ!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I can't wait to see her!!