Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Women's Health (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/womens-health/)
-   -   Perimenopause - bleeding forever? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/womens-health/795542-perimenopause-bleeding-forever.html)

leeloo 01-27-2013 09:50 AM

Perimenopause - bleeding forever?

I'm on Day 7 of (seemingly) endless light bleeding. It came on 11 days after my regular period and shows no sign of letting up.

I talked to the doctor so I'm not really worried about it, at least not yet, but is this my perimenopause fate? To be dealing with this so much of the time?

Has anyone experienced this, and did it keep on or go away on it's own?

Purple Crayon 01-27-2013 11:31 AM

Abnormal bleeding should be checked by your GYN.
It may be nothing.
It may be a benign polyp.
It may be fibroids.
It may be something.

Get to the GYN for a biopsy.

leeloo 01-27-2013 12:05 PM

Thanks for the advice, Purple Crayon, but I guess I wasn't clear in my post - I'm currently under a doctor's care and have had a sufficient workup and tests to be comfortable with the diagnosis of perimenopause.

I posted because I'm curious about what other, similar, experiences women might have had, and how it progressed for them, or didn't progress.

Jennyl 02-02-2013 02:12 PM

I have experienced the same thing, and it has only gotten worse over the years. I had an ultrasound to rule out any health issues, but I am fine. The heavy and irregular bleeding is awful :(. I used to be fairly regular, but not anymore. I never know when it's going to come. Sometimes it's two weeks after my last period, sometimes it's seven weeks after. I could deal with the irregularity if the bleeding wasn't so heavy. I am in the bathroom every hour changing....if I don't it's a crime scene! I have to set my alarm to wake up in the middle of the night, otherwise it's also a crime scene situation. I have to sleep on a towel or something else to protect the bed and sheets. The worst part is that it just keeps getting worse, and I've been told it gets worse before it gets better. The PMS is awful, the cramps are awful and I never used to have cramps before. I have to carry around a lot of supplies all the time, just in case. There are days when it's just not worth it to leave the house. The whole situation just gets me down. I am 47 now and I wish I could just have a voluntary hysterectomy. Seriously, my uterus has served me well, but I just don't need it anymore!

leeloo 02-02-2013 06:54 PM

Have you considered endometrial ablation? A friend of mine had it after having a lot of bleeding problems in perimenopause.

I hate to hear of what's going on with you - it sounds terrible.

(And I sure hope my symptoms don't get worse!)

Janknitz 02-13-2013 12:50 PM

My doctor chalked it up to menopause, but it got heavier and heavier and I became anemic. So I consulted Dr. Google. Seems that too much flax in your diet can cause excessive bleeding and I was eating a muffin in a minute (MIM) made with 1/4 cup of flax meal every day. I stopped eating the muffins, and within TWO DAYS, the bleeding stopped.

So much for menopause.

Examine your diet for phytoestrogens. Soy can do this, too.