Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Michalea
Incontinence and Heavy Periods :)

Oh what a way to make my debut! Hopefully the guys don't read this page!

So anyway, quick background, I'm 184 doing low carb off and on for prob close to 7 years, never lost the weight, or if I did (I got down to 156 lowest ever since my late teens) I gained it all back. Never hit 200 but close. Now I'm back on it seriously, I follow law of attraction which has totally changed the way I think and I'm determined this time to do what I need to do.

Anyway, I'm 41 (barely hardly even counts as 41, more like 40) and I've noticed the past few years my periods are heavier. Not sure if this is an age thing, or a fat thing or a combination. Any thoughts?

Also peeing my pants more frequently. haha, ok, not like it's a daily occurence, since being pregnant at 26 that first few months I got a surprise, surprise, you have no bladder control, don't laugh or sneeze cause you'll be sitting pretty for the rest of the day. Seriously, I know this is common during pregnancy, but it NEVER WENT AWAY. I went on to have another child same thing during that pregnancy and so on.

I just was reading in the 100 club etc, someone mentioned their incontinence problems went away when they slimmed down. My question is does peeing my pants have to do with how fat I am? (Said with utter disbelief of course!)

There's more inspiration for sticking to plan and making it work! (I don't believe in motivation for that has negative connotations to it, inspiration is more moving me to act because it feels good, not because if I don't something negative will happen or in my case continue to happen!)
Michalea is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeelover
Stats: 237/just restarted/125 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Welcome!

I've read that it does make a difference to incontinence. Not sure about heavy periods. I have Overactive Bladder and that's supposed to be helped by weight loss also. I think the extra weight puts too much pressure on the organs.
coffeelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Purple Crayon
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 2003
Heavy periods could be from fibroids.
And I suppose if those fibroids are large enough, they could be pressing on your bladder.
Purple Crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
yep, sounds like you need to see an OB/Gyn !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote