Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Leashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,734
Gallery: Leashy
Stats: 319/207/150
WOE: Portion Control
Start Date: June '08
Always got back to me!

Apparently, "Jessica" doesn't use them, because it is seriously, every box. They didn't give a reason why one wing is bigger than the other. Anyway, here's their response.

Quote:
Thanks for contacting Always, Alicia!

I'm very sorry out of all the Always Infinity pads you have purchased, they all had one wing bigger than the other. We have many checkpoints along our manufacturing lines to ensure the quality of both our products and packaging, so this should not have happened. Please be assured I’m sharing your report with the rest of our team.

Since your satisfaction means a great deal to us, I'm also sending you a free coupon for any version of our Always pads. It will arrive by postal mail within the next 2-3 weeks.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

Jessica
Always Team
Leashy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Psmileyf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Philly Burbs
Posts: 5,802
Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/180/167
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/1/2011- renewed efforts 8/1/2014
I guess Jessica doesn't use them!
At least you get some free defective pads!
Psmileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Noah and Wyatt's Mommy
 
Cryssi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 25,590
Gallery: Cryssi
Stats: 316.0/316.0/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 6/23/14
Gotta love form responses.

I bet they don't even look into it.

At least you'll get some free (lopsided) pads out of the deal
Cryssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Pati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pretty much the center of TX
Posts: 26,919
Gallery: Pati
Stats: Highest 280/LC start-222/(on the YoYo)/150 5'8"
WOE: Low Carb (Diabetic) (mostly. :/)
Start Date: 8/26/03
I can't tell they're lopsided. Of course, I haven't laid one out yet and measured it. Yet. I probably will just because of your thread.

'Enjoy' your freebie and have a happy period!!
Pati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Pati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pretty much the center of TX
Posts: 26,919
Gallery: Pati
Stats: Highest 280/LC start-222/(on the YoYo)/150 5'8"
WOE: Low Carb (Diabetic) (mostly. :/)
Start Date: 8/26/03
Oh my gawd. It really is. by 1/2 cm. (this was on the green ones)

This is going to bug the heck out of me now. I'm a Libra. I absolutely have to have balance!!

Why on earth did you have to point this out to me. I never noticed it before!
Pati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Leashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,734
Gallery: Leashy
Stats: 319/207/150
WOE: Portion Control
Start Date: June '08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pati View Post
Oh my gawd. It really is. by 1/2 cm. (this was on the green ones)

This is going to bug the heck out of me now. I'm a Libra. I absolutely have to have balance!!

Why on earth did you have to point this out to me. I never noticed it before!
The infinity ones? I never noticed on the old style ones.
Leashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Suncharm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 17,786
Gallery: Suncharm
WOE: Gluten Free and Low Carb
I think you need to write back to Jessica.

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for your response however I think you misunderstood my email. Please go and get a box of Always Infinity pad...go on, go get them. I'll wait.

hmmhmmm hmmm

hmmmm hmmm hmmm


Do you have the box in front of you? Seriously, don't even consider reading any further until you have the box in front of you. Got it? Good.

Open the box and remove one of the Always Infinity pads. Now look at the wings, take out your ruler and measure. Now take out another one from the box and measure. REPEAT THIS PROCESS until you get it!

If you've completed these steps and read my email you will now realize what my first email was asking. As you can now see, one wing is bigger than the other. I can find no logical reason for this. Please provide an explanation.

Love,
Alicia
Suncharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
~PaperMoon~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,768
Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
ROFL!! I was just thinking of reply on the other thread today because I'm on my TOM now and when I looked sure enough one wing was bigger! I'm gonna notice that every time now!
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Leashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,734
Gallery: Leashy
Stats: 319/207/150
WOE: Portion Control
Start Date: June '08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncharm View Post
I think you need to write back to Jessica.

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for your response however I think you misunderstood my email. Please go and get a box of Always Infinity pad...go on, go get them. I'll wait.

hmmhmmm hmmm

hmmmm hmmm hmmm


Do you have the box in front of you? Seriously, don't even consider reading any further until you have the box in front of you. Got it? Good.

Open the box and remove one of the Always Infinity pads. Now look at the wings, take out your ruler and measure. Now take out another one from the box and measure. REPEAT THIS PROCESS until you get it!

If you've completed these steps and read my email you will now realize what my first email was asking. As you can now see, one wing is bigger than the other. I can find no logical reason for this. Please provide an explanation.

Love,
Alicia


It looks like they didn't even read my message. They just copied part of it and put it into their prewritten crap to just shut people up. Darn.
Leashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Leashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,734
Gallery: Leashy
Stats: 319/207/150
WOE: Portion Control
Start Date: June '08
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~PaperMoon~ View Post
ROFL!! I was just thinking of reply on the other thread today because I'm on my TOM now and when I looked sure enough one wing was bigger! I'm gonna notice that every time now!
You're welcome!
Leashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!
 
Going2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 2,207
Gallery: Going2
Stats: 215/184(166)/150 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2003
I had this experience when reg Tasty Kake coffee cakes were in my box of SF choc cupcakes. They graciously apologized and sent me a coupon for free family size box even though I said our family cannot eat the reg ones (high carbs)-family size does not come SF. Left the coupon on the shelf of them at grocery store.
Going2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!
 
bee_a_queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Mid-West
Posts: 6,009
Gallery: bee_a_queen
Stats: 297/185/175
WOE: Via Mouth and obviously too often lately
Start Date: Dec,1 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncharm View Post
I think you need to write back to Jessica.

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for your response however I think you misunderstood my email. Please go and get a box of Always Infinity pad...go on, go get them. I'll wait.

hmmhmmm hmmm

hmmmm hmmm hmmm


Do you have the box in front of you? Seriously, don't even consider reading any further until you have the box in front of you. Got it? Good.

Open the box and remove one of the Always Infinity pads. Now look at the wings, take out your ruler and measure. Now take out another one from the box and measure. REPEAT THIS PROCESS until you get it!

If you've completed these steps and read my email you will now realize what my first email was asking. As you can now see, one wing is bigger than the other. I can find no logical reason for this. Please provide an explanation.

Love,
Alicia
I would only add.."please note you have hundreds of people anxiously awaiting your response. Love....."
bee_a_queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,160
Gallery: Kiley2801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncharm View Post
I think you need to write back to Jessica.

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for your response however I think you misunderstood my email. Please go and get a box of Always Infinity pad...go on, go get them. I'll wait.

hmmhmmm hmmm

hmmmm hmmm hmmm


Do you have the box in front of you? Seriously, don't even consider reading any further until you have the box in front of you. Got it? Good.

Open the box and remove one of the Always Infinity pads. Now look at the wings, take out your ruler and measure. Now take out another one from the box and measure. REPEAT THIS PROCESS until you get it!

If you've completed these steps and read my email you will now realize what my first email was asking. As you can now see, one wing is bigger than the other. I can find no logical reason for this. Please provide an explanation.

Love,
Alicia
You are hilarious!!!
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Sarajewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 13,354
Gallery: Sarajewel
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Which time?
I have a theory! One is bigger because they are supposed to overlap under your undies?
Sarajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Leashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,734
Gallery: Leashy
Stats: 319/207/150
WOE: Portion Control
Start Date: June '08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarajewel View Post
I have a theory! One is bigger because they are supposed to overlap under your undies?
If anything, it would be the opposite. If they were both the same size as the right one, they'd stick together on top and on the bottom.

Here's a pic LOL (taken from the net, it's not mine!)

You can clearly see the right (bottom) side is bigger than the left(top). And if they were the same size, they'd be touching and stick together and we all know that you can't unstick that crap once it's stuck to itself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC0264redo.jpg (44.2 KB, 75 views)
Leashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!
 
bee_a_queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Mid-West
Posts: 6,009
Gallery: bee_a_queen
Stats: 297/185/175
WOE: Via Mouth and obviously too often lately
Start Date: Dec,1 2003
I am afraid we all need to get some sort of life. No disrespect intended but....yep...we need something to do. Still fascinated and reading.....so what next?
bee_a_queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #17
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Purple Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 12,888
Gallery: Purple Sage
Stats: LCHF no scale - goal size 8 & healthy 14/14/8
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January 1, 2005 Atkins :'( restart April 2014
So.....I hadn't really noticed this before...but it bugged me all day today! Yep, pulled one out this morning and they are clearly not symmetrical! Now I am convinced that they "feel" wrong!
Purple Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:29 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,513
Gallery: Alania
Stats: 195.6/185/140
Start Date: 2-3-14
I looked at my Infinity pad the other day and yeah, it was lopsided. I never noticed it before but I sure do now.
Alania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:45 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,107
Gallery: sillyme
Stats: 328/174.2/150
WOE: Atkins for the first 100 now hHCG
Start Date: Jan 2/07- restart Sept 2010
i also wrote to always once and it took over a month to get a response, then when they did they actually wanted me to mail them my pads. I complained that they didn't any longer actually stick. I had also told them it wasn't just one package but mulitple. It seems by the length of time it took for a response that they didn't really care so by then i had switched brands purely because of the principle
sillyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #20
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Pati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pretty much the center of TX
Posts: 26,919
Gallery: Pati
Stats: Highest 280/LC start-222/(on the YoYo)/150 5'8"
WOE: Low Carb (Diabetic) (mostly. :/)
Start Date: 8/26/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leashy View Post
The infinity ones? I never noticed on the old style ones.
Yes, infinity. I don't like the old ones now that I've used infinity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarajewel View Post
I have a theory! One is bigger because they are supposed to overlap under your undies?
This was my thought too.

When I measured them, I went from side to side, wings stretched out and open. the right wing is 1/2 cm wider than the left. I had never noticed this because of the way they are folded at the factory - the folding is lopsided and way over to one side. And yes, the lopsided folding bothers the heck out of me!

Now I will have to pull another one out and measure top to bottom.

Last edited by Pati; 11-17-2012 at 09:13 AM..
Pati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Psmileyf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Philly Burbs
Posts: 5,802
Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/180/167
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/1/2011- renewed efforts 8/1/2014
I asked him to buy me them once...and he bought me this giant long things. I think he did it on purpose so I would never even consider asking him again.
I should have sent him back until he got it right!
Psmileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #22
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: CT
Posts: 10,702
Gallery: Karerose
Start Date: late 2003
So these are only the green ones? That is so weird. And even weirder that Always doesn't acknowledge it even though it apparently it out there on the internet.
Karerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #23
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Leashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,734
Gallery: Leashy
Stats: 319/207/150
WOE: Portion Control
Start Date: June '08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karerose View Post
So these are only the green ones? That is so weird. And even weirder that Always doesn't acknowledge it even though it apparently it out there on the internet.
The green packaging, yes for the ones I get... the pic I found online was of the Infinity ones, but the orange wrapper. I don't know which ones those are... the overnight ones, maybe?
Leashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #24
DJ
Way too much time on my hands!
 
DJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 31,416
Gallery: DJ
Stats: just depressing.
Start Date: August 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leashy View Post
If anything, it would be the opposite. If they were both the same size as the right one, they'd stick together on top and on the bottom.

Here's a pic LOL (taken from the net, it's not mine!)

You can clearly see the right (bottom) side is bigger than the left(top). And if they were the same size, they'd be touching and stick together and we all know that you can't unstick that crap once it's stuck to itself.
K I bought these because they were on sale LOL and I thought of this thread.

Mine are the orangey/yellow colored ones, and like the pic on first glance it looked like once size was physically bigger, but if you look at it again it's folded differently.

On mine both sides are the same size, but one side looks significantly wider because it folds right at the very side of the pad part, whereas on the other side the fold doesn't begin until about a half inch further out. I wonder if it's to get a perfect square when folded since it's asymetrical top to bottom?
__________________
“The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: A human creature born abnormally, inhumanly sensitive." — Pearl S. Buck

=====

Mayor of Crankytown

Last edited by DJ; 11-29-2012 at 10:22 AM..
DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #25
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Leashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,734
Gallery: Leashy
Stats: 319/207/150
WOE: Portion Control
Start Date: June '08
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ View Post
K I bought these because they were on sale LOL and I thought of this thread.

Mine are the orangey/yellow colored ones, and like the pic on first glance it looked like once size was physically bigger, but if you look at it again it's folded differently.

On mine both sides are the same size, but one side looks significantly wider because it folds right at the very side of the pad part, whereas on the other side the fold doesn't begin until about a half inch further out. I wonder if it's to get a perfect square when folded since it's asymetrical top to bottom?
I think we've spent too much time thinking about this. That said, I will have another look when I need them again. I'll get back to you in like a week.
Leashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #26
DJ
Way too much time on my hands!
 
DJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 31,416
Gallery: DJ
Stats: just depressing.
Start Date: August 2004
LOL just take a look at the pic! You can see the fold differ from one side to the other.
DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:37 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
~PaperMoon~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,768
Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ View Post
LOL just take a look at the pic! You can see the fold differ from one side to the other.
Oh I see it now, you might have a point!
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #28
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: CT
Posts: 10,702
Gallery: Karerose
Start Date: late 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leashy View Post
The green packaging, yes for the ones I get... the pic I found online was of the Infinity ones, but the orange wrapper. I don't know which ones those are... the overnight ones, maybe?
Oh, I have the orange Infinity ones. I don't want to open one and waste it, but I'm definitely going to pay attention when I need to open it.
Karerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #29
DJ
Way too much time on my hands!
 
DJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 31,416
Gallery: DJ
Stats: just depressing.
Start Date: August 2004
LOL I'm fascinated by this 'cause it's related to my job LOL - I folded it directly in half longways based on where the halfway point of the pad is, and mine is completely symmetrical, wings and all, it's just folded in a way that makes one side look bigger. And yeah, I carry a tape measure in my purse. LOL.

I've never looked closely at a pad with wings that is NOT symmetrical shortways - I don't know if this has any reasoning behind why it's folded the way it is.

I thought maybe the pad was cut with one wing bigger to cut more of them out of one big sheet to cut production costs, but in that picture and my box the wings are the same size.
DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #30
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Leashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,734
Gallery: Leashy
Stats: 319/207/150
WOE: Portion Control
Start Date: June '08
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ View Post
LOL I'm fascinated by this 'cause it's related to my job LOL - I folded it directly in half longways based on where the halfway point of the pad is, and mine is completely symmetrical, wings and all, it's just folded in a way that makes one side look bigger. And yeah, I carry a tape measure in my purse. LOL.

I've never looked closely at a pad with wings that is NOT symmetrical shortways - I don't know if this has any reasoning behind why it's folded the way it is.

I thought maybe the pad was cut with one wing bigger to cut more of them out of one big sheet to cut production costs, but in that picture and my box the wings are the same size.
If both sides would be folded tightly (like the right side) the wings would probably touch in the middle and stick together.
Leashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.