Old 11-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tracy210T
Stats: 194/163/150
WOE: Atkins, baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluqq View Post
Reading it on my Kindle Tracey. Fascinating

and of course.. researching online about iodine deficiency and look at 10 different articles on 10 different websites= 10 different opinions about the subject. UGH.

I hope to get in to see this endo within the next 4 weeks. I got my book in a few days ago The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life: Lynne Farrow, David Brownstein MD but havent had alot of time yet to read. I also ordered this, as suggested in the book Lugol's Iodine Solution Made with 5% Iodine and 10% Potassium Iodide .
I started 2 drops every morning with filtered water, 3 kelp tabs and 125 mcg of name brand synthroid. I thought I would try the levo- big difference in how I feel. I switched back yesterday to Synthroid.

I can tell instantly when my thyroid is wonky because I get as red a beet when working out and take a long time to cool back down.

I am still using the bio identical estrogen and testosterone even though it doesnt appear its helping me any.
Maybe i'll ask the endo about a patch.. or V-ring.

Happy Wednesday ladies
Tracy210T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #363
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bluqq
Stats: at birth weight, lucky for mom she had big hips
Start Date: 11/24/05
That's the one I read! My Iodoral just arrived. Her NFP was the site I ordered it through. I will start at 12.5 MSG tomorrow along with a salt flush and work up to 50.
Bluqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tracy210T
Stats: 194/163/150
WOE: Atkins, baby!
Quote:
That's the one I read! My Iodoral just arrived. Her NFP was the site I ordered it through. I will start at 12.5 MSG tomorrow along with a salt flush and work up to 50.
This is great! We can compare notes in a few weeks
Tracy210T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #365

I've been doing liquid magnesium for several weeks now and it's been amazing. Read that most American are deficient in magnesium iodine, b12 and potassium
Old 11-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #366

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
I've been doing liquid magnesium for several weeks now and it's been amazing. Read that most American are deficient in magnesium iodine, b12 and potassium
I have been doing the mag too. And since I started doing the hcg I have been supplementing with potassium. And I have the kelp tablets too. Mine are not so bad. They are small! And don't smell of fish, thank God. I know that my doc said that I was mineral deficient just by having a hair analysis. So it figures that I would need to supplement. I too have been researching iodine. I picked one up at the health food store but it isn't lugols. I am not sure if the one I got is any good.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #367

Day one

My mind feels sharp. Hard to explain
Old 11-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #368

Continued 12 Mgs until today
I upped it to 24 Mgs....working my way to 50

Only detox symptom was my tongue....felt all cut up and super sensitive

Tracey? Have you started
Old 11-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #369

Quote:
Day one

My mind feels sharp. Hard to explain
How was your round of Hcg? Successful, I hope? Are you on P3 now? I know that once I added salt in when I stopped my rounds, my weight just ballooned up. It ballooned up so much that I stopped the salt. I couldn't bear to see my weight go up after taking such pains to lose it
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #370

I lost 12 pounds and that was 2 more than goal!
I'm really focused on training now and just eating clean (lower carb) since i have no more weight to lose. I've felt so horrible for a year and the lymes treatment is working! I just completed my fourth week n antibiotics and tomorrow is another blood work up. People are telling me that I look "alive" again. I feel spectacular!
Old 11-19-2013, 03:42 AM   #371

Quote:
I lost 12 pounds and that was 2 more than goal!
I'm really focused on training now and just eating clean (lower carb) since i have no more weight to lose. I've felt so horrible for a year and the lymes treatment is working! I just completed my fourth week n antibiotics and tomorrow is another blood work up. People are telling me that I look "alive" again. I feel spectacular!
That is fantastic!!! I have maintained my losses from my round and that for me is rare. I am thrilled. I have been out of town for the weekend and we stayed in a hotel (my son signed up for a campus tour of The University of Alabama--a 6 hour drive away) with all our meals out for 3 days. I maintained, I literally came home to the same numbers on the scale that I left with Anyhow, that is great that you are feeling so well. So pleased you are on your way to healing
Old 11-24-2013, 02:42 AM   #372

Tracey- check in! How is the iodine?

I will update....I'm up to 50 Mgs a day now. I have detox symptoms. I have a heavy metal taste on my mouth, Urine has an unusual smell, my knees and hips felt sore (that has passed),,,I went through a mental fog stage

I've been taking liquid magnesium for awhile now. I started sleeping through the night again....well....now I sleep like the dead. So sound, dreaming again....incredible. I have fantastic energy now! It's not hyper stuff....it's just non stop energy. My skin discolorations have disappeared....I had a few shadows of age spots starting.....poof gone. My skin isn't dry anymore. It's skin again! I lost a few more pounds without changing much. It's like my metabolism is back again

I'm sticking with it!
Jesus wept John 11:35
September 11, 2001
Old 11-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #373

Sounds good bluqq!!

I went for my lab work today. I have an insert appointment in a couple of weeks. I believe it will be my last one for the year I paid for. Have to check into that, I just cannot afford to do this any more. I filed the insurance myself to get some money back for the appointments and surprise! It is not covered! I feel better now, but feel I have done things myself instead of necessarily the pellets doing the job. I will ask for a script for the progesterone for the next year (I do believe my family doc will continue with this if the clinic won't give me a script) because I do feel that may be helping. We shall see what they are willing to do. I want to start with the iodine, the clinic has some supplements they sell. I hope they have lugols.