Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
Baby Talk - Part 2

The previous thread titled "Baby Talk - all planning on TTC, TTC, pregnant, and new moms welcome!" has been closed due to its size. Please continue your discussions here.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Wow - didn't realize we had gotten it so long

Hi everyone.
Sam is napping - his top tooth is coming through. That's number 4. Back to the school work grind. Hope you are all well
Old 08-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Marking my spot

Having a rough day physically. Headache, tired, and my back is starting to ache. Isn't it too early for this at 20 weeks!!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Having a rough day physically. Headache, tired, and my back is starting to ache. Isn't it too early for this at 20 weeks!!
Make sure you are keeping up with your water/fluid intake. I used to get headaches all the time - only when the weather was changing though. I always knew when it was either about to rain or be really humid. I know you are working late tonight, but after all the kiddos leave and your little one is asleep - give yourself the gift of a nice hot shower - should help with all the symptoms.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #5

Gallery: pocahontas
Hi ladies!

Carlini - Glad your furbaby is doing better. Have fun and I will be waiting for you!!!

DP - I agree with gab, check your fluid intake and take a nice hot shower. I think I might do the same! Sounds good to me and Im not even pg.

No exciting plans this weekend. We are taking DS to a b-day party tomorrow at the Zoo so that should be fun. Otherwise, hang around the house, R&R, do some grilling.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
So this is new... I am suffering through my first hemorrhoid. I am so unhappy I wanna cry! Please tell me I'm not alone!
Old 08-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Marking my spot too! It's amazing how big our previous thread got!

AmyLiz-thanks for the advice about the ice. I will start that tonight. I had a rought time driving into work this morning, I couldn't sit back in my seat, I had to hunch over the steering wheel to take the pressure off. I looked like an idiot, but I don't care, I was hurtin'!

KQT-I didn't get any until after I gave birth. They check you for that in the hospital. They gave me some Tucks generic pads (essentially witch hazel I think?) which seemed to help I guess. Feel better!

Gab-does Sam have his two bottom teeth already? Brandon got those two at 6 months on the dot. He is 9.5 months now and I am just starting to see some white poke through the top gums. I'll miss his formerly toothless silly grin!

DP-hang in there, I'm so sorry things have been rough. :hug:

Carlini-I am so glad your furbaby seems to be doing better! And that's nice of your MIL to care for him. That should you give you some sense of comfort so that you can enjoy your trip.

As for me, still have sciatica.

Tomorrow, Brandon is getting his first hair cut. We're taking him to a kids cutting place. I guess he will sit in his very own car to get his hair cut! We already know to request a locket of his hair and will have the batteries charged on the camera! DH (the germophobe) was a bit hesitant about him going to get his haircut at an outside place, but I give him credit for going along with this. He struggles with his fear of germs, and I know he really tries to make things as normal as he can when we are outside of the house. But he still struggles (OCD like symptoms). But I am looking forward to see how well he behaves (Brandon, not DH!)

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 08-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #8

Sharon - I hope your back feels better soon!

We take DS to get his haircut at a place like that too! Here is a pic from his first haircut!

Old 08-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #9

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Today I woke up and promised myself to be more positive. I then realized that the issue is not me, it is my husband. He has been snippy with me all day, when he is not ignoring me. So, I am kinda relieved to know the issue is not me.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #10

I drink enough water. Over a gallon a day most days. But thanks for the advice. I got headaches a lot with my son too

Aww I wish they had someplace fun to take my son for his haircut. Living in a military town we only have barbers! He does great though.

Suzanne
Old 08-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
mark my spot
Old 08-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Happy - Sam has three teeth on the bottom - front two center and one to the left, and his top left poked through just barely. He had his two bottom show up early - 5 months I think. No haircuts in our future just yet - his hair is so thin, he still looks like a baldy bean but its there!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwww, Andi! Thanks for sharing the pic! How old was he when he got his first cut?

Tonight, Brandon got his very own Boston Market kids meal. Lots of turkey and gravy and a few mouthfuls of mashed potatoes. Of course, we have enough left over for a couple more meals. I must say, that I ate lots of Boston Market turkey while I was pregnant with him. Anyway, he seemed to enjoy it! Hopefully, he will sleep really well with all the turkey he ate!
Old 08-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #14

I'm having a sharp pain kind of under my right breast. It's like my ribs but high up. This has happened a few times but it's been lingering all day. It even radiates to my back. Anyone knows what this is? It hurts!
Old 08-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

could it be heartburn, or a hernia?

baby wouldn't be kicking that hight, I don't think....

a gas bubble might be another possibility.

is it all the time you feel it, or only when you move a certain way?
Old 08-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #16

Not heartburn. It's too low and on the wrong side. Don't think it's the baby. I feel that moving very very low still.

Its constant and seems to be getting worse today as the day goes on. I wonder if I pinched a nerve or something
Old 08-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #17

How are you feeling today? Any better?
Old 08-11-2012, 06:19 AM   #18

I am thanks. It's still there but it's more nagging than painful. It was really bad before bed last night.

20 weeks today! 1/2 way there and 13 days until we find out if it's a boy or girl!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:26 AM   #19

Do you want a boy or girl? I really wanted another boy.
We had the amnio and had the lab call the bakery with the gender. She baked 12 cupcakes, 4 with either pink or blue, three more with either pink or blue, the rest were empty in the middle, just plain cake color. Every one got one cupcake after dinner.
We decorated the table in half pink and half blue and you sat on the side you thought the baby would be.
It worked out that we were down to 3 pink inside, 3 blue and had opened all the plain ones. Andrew opened the last cupcake, blue!!!
It was a fun way to tell the family.
It was a fast dinner that night as we were all looking at those cupcakes in the middle of the table!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:01 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
What a cute idea! I want to do something fun for the gender reveal, too. I was thinking of getting some helium balloons made either pink or blue, packed into a box, then opening it in front of everyone.

My husband seems to think we're having a boy, but i have a feeling it's a girl.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #21

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
All our family and friends want it to be a girl, so I think it's going to be a boy! I think there's something for womens intitution and mine tells me boy!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #22

I was 100% sure it was going to be another boy, but I still jumped for boy when we saw the blue cake inside that last cupcake!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #23
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Andi, the haircut car and the boy are adorable! he's a cutie.

Halfway there, DP! I tried to convince my baby it was a boy in utero, but I was wrong. I wanted to do filled cupcakes with pink or blue, but since the 20w U/S was a bust we gave up the gender reveal idea and just sat waiting for the next 2 weeks until we could get into another U/S.

DH thinks my latest pregnancy problem is funny. i'd like to see him pregnant.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
FINALLY a bit of a break from work! My latest project was sent out on Wednesday, so I worked about a half day on Thursday just closing some things out and then took yesterday off completely. Of course, a day "off" still included getting up with Ben, getting him ready and dropped off at daycare, having lunch with a friend (former coworker), meeting with a contractor down at the townhouse (almost an hour drive each direction from our new house)...so I was still up and out running around most of the day, but at least it was less stressful in general.

Ben is 4.5 months old, and I seriously think he could use a haircut NOW! But we need to at least wait until he can sit up :P But seriously, his hair is unruly. It might be different if it had any curl to it, but it's pin straight, so it gets in his face. And he rolls his head from side to side when he's falling asleep, and I've multiple times had to pick/comb matted knots out of the hair on the back of his head. He was born with a full head of hair, and everyone said he wouls lose a lot of it within a couple months, but he never lost any! This was his hair when I was playing with it after a bath last week:

And here, you can see how long the hair is on the back of his head, and this picture is from MAY!
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 08-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #25

Omg he so dang cute!!

I am honestly impartial as to boy or girl. Dh wants a girl. A girl would be fun and different but a boy would be great with our son and we have EVErYTHING we need.

I'd love to do some kind of gender reveal but my mom will be at the ultrasound and dh will try to call after my appointment. Everyone else lives out of state
I might do a picture of my belly with a name tag on it to send to everyone.
When we found out we were pregnant we put our son in a "I'm going to be a big brother" shirt and mailed it to everyone.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #26

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Ugh, I haven't been able to keep anything down today. Even water and ginger ale came up. I just had a SF popsicle, lets see if that stays down. I'm so hungry and thirsty!
Old 08-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #27

DP - How are you feeling? If the pain gets too bad go to the doc, it could be your gallbladder.

DS had his first real haircut right after his 1yr b-day party. I had snipped a tiny piece off a few months before but only because it was longer than the rest. It was past his shoulders by the time he had the cut.

Im doing well, sticking to plan. We took DS to a b-day party at the Zoo and they had pizza and salad. I had the toppings off 2 slices and some salad. Tonight we are grilling chicken and I made a tray of jalapeno poppers and a cucumber salad.

I should be O'ing sometime this week so we are doing our thing but not putting too much pressure on it.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Old 08-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
Gallbladder.....that's what I'm thinking.

I want Asher's hair to grow long. I hope it works the way I want it to,
Old 08-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
I wouldn't worry about Ben's hair at all except that it gets matted and knotted, and then it hurts him to have me trying to detangle it, and I feel bad for hurting him...it's not good for anybody :P

I've gotten off track with my eating and need to get back to doing what I know is best for me. I'm more tired in general when I'm not eating right, even when I'm not working until 2am and am getting more than 2-4 hours of sleep per night!
Old 08-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #30

Its really high up though? Wouldn't gallbladder be lower abdomen?
Closed Thread