Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 04:57 AM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Morning everyone. Well I feel better today but I am dead tired. I'm actually dreading this weekend. I was supposed to go out of town and stay with my BFF but money issues arose so it's just me and Kyle. I want a break so bad where I don't have to worry about entertaining and can just relax and do anything I want! I wish the daycares were opened because I'd put Kyle in on Monday. Sigh...2 months, I can do 2 months

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2012, 06:33 AM   #242

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLiz View Post
Well, i never heard back from the doc about the bloodwork, so i'm guessing that everything looks healthy! Two more days, and i'll be in the magical 12th week "safe zone."

Woohoo! Me too! I think the MS is subsiding too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Morning everyone. Well I feel better today but I am dead tired. I'm actually dreading this weekend. I was supposed to go out of town and stay with my BFF but money issues arose so it's just me and Kyle. I want a break so bad where I don't have to worry about entertaining and can just relax and do anything I want! I wish the daycares were opened because I'd put Kyle in on Monday. Sigh...2 months, I can do 2 months
Yes you can! You can do this! *hugs*
Old 08-31-2012, 06:35 AM   #243

Anybody in here go thru one pregnancy working full time and experience another being a stay at home wife/mother?

Some times I wish I was a stay at home wife, I think that would make this easier. Yet at other times I'm grateful to be getting out every day, and keeping busy. I'm thinking it's making the time go faster. (I was working 38 hours a week, now down to 30)I told DH, I better not be working next time we get pregnant, because I hate dealing with the morning sickness and having to work.
Thoughts? Experiences? Ideas?
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 08-31-2012, 07:35 AM   #244
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Don't have kids, and not pregnant yet but I can tell you this is one of my fears. To be in a morning meeting, feel the vomit coming, and have to run out of the room in front everyone. I'm obviously way ahead of myself, but I do wonder how that's going to play out. Right now our plan is for me to be a SAHM, but we have a backup sitter (family member) in case that doesn't work out.

Only working a half a day today and have Monday off

B ~ egg salad, LC muffin, cheese, coffee
L ~ undecided, but it will be chicken of some kind
D ~ grilled steak with eggplant, onions and mushrooms

Baby Boy born 10/11/13
Old 08-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #245

My last pregnancy I was home mostly. I worked part time in the evenings. I slept in, went to bed early, could sleep as much as I wanted. This pregnancy I work 10 hours a day, have a son, and my husband is deployed. It's AWFUL. Honestly some days I don't think I'll survive.
If dh was home it'd be a little easier. I'd never put myself in this situation again. I like being busy but I'm TOO busy
Old 08-31-2012, 10:03 AM   #246

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I worked during my first pregnancy and was home for my second with my other son in school all day. Being home is five million times easier!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:24 AM   #247

Ok, help! Ive been reading and researching bottles.... What has everyone used? Anyone use glass?
Old 08-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
I am going thru bottles right now.
I have used
Playtex Advanti aire...
Playtex drop ins
Nuk Ortho...

I used the drop ins with both my daughters so thats what I started out with this time. They don't offer the ortho nipples that I used 15 years ago and 2 0z was hard to get the air out of the liner and to tell how much he was eating. Also since formula is powered it was hard to mix in those as well. So I started with the Advanti Aire. The standard nipple was a lot thinner at the base and that took him a while to get used to. A lot of parts to was due to the extra seals.
When he got up to 3 to 4 oz when back to drop ins. He real likes the wide nipple base.
Still has a lot of gas even after 2 formula changes and using bottled water. So the next solution I have read about is that he may be sucking it too much air because of nipple shape.
So now we are trying the NUK bottle. They also have a vent system to prevent excess air, much simplier, vent in the nipple ring. Also ortho shape, which is the shape of his pasifier. He looked at me real funny the first time he nursed from it. But then he took to it like gang busters!
Burps less after. It has been 24 hours yet and I'm going to wait until Tomorrow afternoon before I deside to buy more or not.

Thats my story of bottles!

Cw 206 Gw 150
Avi is at goal weight. Got to get baby weight off.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #249

Gallery: pocahontas
Hi ladies!

Been busy at work, I have next week off so today is my last day, then vacation! I am so excited!!!!

DP - We used First Years Soothie bottles for DS but they dont make them anymore. They now have the Breastflow or something like that. DS was nursed but took bottles at daycare. He much prefered a wider nipple and base. The playtex ones were too small but he took to the second ones we tried so we stuck with them!

Menu for today:

B - coffee w/ cream, cottage cheese w/ strawberries
L - salad bar from the deli
D - DH is grilling wings! I love wings on the grill.

Have a great weekend! I will check in next week but we are gone for the weekend.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:16 PM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
We use the Dr. Brown's bottles. They come with lots of parts, but it is supposed to help prevent gas and colic and such. I have my own system for them now, but we bought the special dishwasher cleaning contaners for all the parts. It's not so bad washing them now once we got those cool little contraptions. Washing all those parts by hand really sucked before! Since I don't have any baby to compare him to, I am not sure if Dr. Brown's helped with spit up and colic. He has spit up a few times, but not ALL the time....and he didn't seem to have colic.

They do come in glass, but we use the plastic ones....they are all bpa free.

We use the narrower base ones, but they do make the wider mouth/base ones too.

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon

Last edited by Happycat21; 08-31-2012 at 12:18 PM..
Old 08-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #251

I used dr brown with my son. I hated those parts! thanks everyone. I'm going to look around some more because I'll be hopefully breast feed to start anyways. I like the nuk ones but I haven't seen larger nipples for them. They have to make them right?

I bought Stella Grace a new outfit. I'm trying very hard to resist right now but I couldn't help it...they had tights with ballet slippers on them
Old 08-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Anybody in here go thru one pregnancy working full time and experience another being a stay at home wife/mother?

Some times I wish I was a stay at home wife, I think that would make this easier. Yet at other times I'm grateful to be getting out every day, and keeping busy. I'm thinking it's making the time go faster. (I was working 38 hours a week, now down to 30)I told DH, I better not be working next time we get pregnant, because I hate dealing with the morning sickness and having to work.
Thoughts? Experiences? Ideas?
I got really lucky with this pregnancy i guess...while it WOULD be easier to be at home, being at work isn't too big a deal since i didn't get the MS (sorry!). I don't know what i would have done, though, because with all my student loans, i HAVE to work full time to cover my payments, otherwise they'd start taking it from my husband's paychecks, and we definitely can't afford that! I guess in the future, if i get really bad MS, i'd just have to get through it! Employers can't fire you for being pregnant.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Being at home while pregnant has its own challenges, especially with lots of other children at home. If I wasn't homeschooling it would be fairly straightforward, but at this point I think working would be much easier (but I always liked my jobs, that helps a lot!). My easiest pregnancy was definitely my second - I was at home with just one baby at the time, not working outside of a hobby job as a fiber artist, and didn't have so many balls in the air I couldn't take breaks as needed. Now, if I take time on the couch, something huge is usually going undone or work is piling up.

Oh well . It's better than the alternative, for me!

On a pregnancy break with baby #5 until January 2015
Old 09-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Mama View Post
Being at home while pregnant has its own challenges, especially with lots of other children at home. If I wasn't homeschooling it would be fairly straightforward, but at this point I think working would be much easier (but I always liked my jobs, that helps a lot!). My easiest pregnancy was definitely my second - I was at home with just one baby at the time, not working outside of a hobby job as a fiber artist, and didn't have so many balls in the air I couldn't take breaks as needed. Now, if I take time on the couch, something huge is usually going undone or work is piling up.

Oh well . It's better than the alternative, for me!
You home school? Great! I'm gonna need to connect with you more. We plan to home school too!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #255

I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow and I think my morning sickness is gone and most of my food aversions! SO HAPPY because now I can get back to healthy eating, instead of just eating whatever I can tolerate!
My energy levels are back too!

As far as bottles, we don't have a dish washer, so bottles are going to be a lot of work for me! I'm planning to breast feed, so will probably do drop in's for when I have to pump. My friend already offered me what she has left for freezer bags/drop ins.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Do you guys mind if I join? DH and I got married on Aug. 4th (yay!) and are ready to try for a baby right away! I was ovulating during our honeymoon and my period is due Sept. 7th. I like the baby boards but some of those women frighten me a little! Glad that there is a section of LCF for baby stuff!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
Do you guys mind if I join? DH and I got married on Aug. 4th (yay!) and are ready to try for a baby right away! I was ovulating during our honeymoon and my period is due Sept. 7th. I like the baby boards but some of those women frighten me a little! Glad that there is a section of LCF for baby stuff!
Welcome! I agree, I didn't enjoy the baby boards, they were either hard to navigate or seemed like they were full of immature teenage girls asking really obvious and mostly inappropriate questions. Drove me nuts. I stick to this group and a local group that's on FB.

Good luck, let us know if it worked right away!
Old 09-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Welcome! I agree, I didn't enjoy the baby boards, they were either hard to navigate or seemed like they were full of immature teenage girls asking really obvious and mostly inappropriate questions. Drove me nuts. I stick to this group and a local group that's on FB.

Good luck, let us know if it worked right away!
Glad to know I am not alone! I already feel guilty that I don't want to cloth diaper and I'm not even pregnant yet!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #259
Thick and Delicious

CJ!

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! I stayed at home most of the weekend completing overdue house projects. I also made double batches of several meals and put them in the freezer for easy, future LC meals.

Menu:
egg, bacon, zucchini quiche
nuts
chili and sm salad
garlic chicken and stir fry veggies
Old 09-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #260

Welcome CJ!! I don't do baby boards either. You'll find everyone here is really nice!

I've been laying low mostly. Had an unexpected day off today so I put Kyle in daycare so I could get some stuff done and relax a little. I'm actually thinking of putting him in daycare one day a week. I'll have the twins still but my 4yo girl starts school so I'll only have her 1/2 day. I'm trying to justify spending the money. He does so good there and loves it.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #261
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sparklygreeneyes
Stats: 5'0" 260/246/175 (to start)
Start Date: 70lb loss in '99 (regained); restarted Aug 10/2012
Hi Everyone!

I have been lurking for a couple weeks, and after reading through all the posts from the first thread and this one, I like what y'all have goin' on here and I'd love to join ya!

I am recently back to low carb, after having success with it in 1999/2000... and then drifting away from it (stupidly)... and knowing in the back of my mind ever since then that I need to get my behind back on the plan that works for me! (Better late than never? lol)

We've also recently made the decision to start TTC... for the first time, at age (gulp) 40...
Old 09-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #262

WELL I AM SICK SICK SICK. Morning sickness gone but this cold is doing me in!
Neti pot and (doc approved) Sudafed hasn't done anything for me!
I just got some zinc lozenges and will try (doc approved) benadryl tonight before bed. I already told work to expect me to call out sick tomorrow.
Making some low carb, spicy veggie enchilada soup right now, hopefully that will help open up my sinuses.
Do you guys have any pregnancy safe cold remedies that you suggest?
Old 09-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #263
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
I lived off Tylenol cold & flu goo and the local Chinese restaurant egg drop soup, it got me through my sickness the first week I found out I was pregnant. Hope you start to feeling better soon, but I was out for at least a good week or more because my immune system was so low from trying to grow baby. I also had an emergenC a day and plenty of lemon drops. I tried one of those zinc lozenges and never had a second, it tasted like metal.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #264

CJ and sparklygreeneyes!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklygreeneyes View Post
Hi Everyone!

I have been lurking for a couple weeks, and after reading through all the posts from the first thread and this one, I like what y'all have goin' on here and I'd love to join ya!

I am recently back to low carb, after having success with it in 1999/2000... and then drifting away from it (stupidly)... and knowing in the back of my mind ever since then that I need to get my behind back on the plan that works for me! (Better late than never? lol)

We've also recently made the decision to start TTC... for the first time, at age (gulp) 40...
Yay! A partner in crime And it is NEVER too late to get back on LC wagon!

Thanks for the welcome wagon ya'll!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
I lived off Tylenol cold & flu goo and the local Chinese restaurant egg drop soup, it got me through my sickness the first week I found out I was pregnant. Hope you start to feeling better soon, but I was out for at least a good week or more because my immune system was so low from trying to grow baby. I also had an emergenC a day and plenty of lemon drops. I tried one of those zinc lozenges and never had a second, it tasted like metal.
I'm an EmergenC addict, I normally will drink 4+ when I'm sick. I had some one recently tell me it was ok to have one every now and then while pregnant, then another friend told me her doctor said not to have ANY. So until I see/speak to my doctor again, I'm gonna use them sparingly. The zinc lozenges don't bother me except it feels a bit drying in my mouth.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:05 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

I think my friend gave me her cold, my throat is getting sore! I love EmergenC going to grab some if this cold keeps up and period comes.

I was curious and took a test--2 days early. Negative! I was so disappointed this morning, I don't think I'll do that again! Next time I'll just wait for a missed period, since now I'm entertaining thoughts that maybe it was just a false negative. It was a test that claims to be accurate 6 days in advance, so I think it's probably right. I wouldn't have tested but *ahem* TMI...

My nipples feel crazy! They are a little painful and swollen, kind of hot to the touch. Isn't that the weirdest thing? They are feeling much better right now though, I think I was just working myself up about pregnancy symptoms. Maybe just weird PMS.

Last edited by SouthernCJ; 09-05-2012 at 07:06 AM..
Old 09-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #268
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sparklygreeneyes
Stats: 5'0" 260/246/175 (to start)
Start Date: 70lb loss in '99 (regained); restarted Aug 10/2012
Thanks for the welcome! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #269
Thick and Delicious

Sparkly! We’re TTC our first and I’m 36. I highly recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Basal body temperature charting can be a pain, but it will tell you A LOT about your cycle and help you to get the timing right. Lots of women have babies in their 40’s. GL!

Lori ~ No suggestions, but I hope you feel better soon! Seems like everyone around here is coming down with a cold.

CJ ~ I’ve been there and done that with the early testing. Mentally, it takes its toll after several cycles. I’ve had months with horrible PMS where I thought for sure I was pregnant, but wasn’t. Not all women get a positive HPT before their period is due. Some don’t get it until well after. But having said that – I certainly hope you ARE pregnant!

I'm in the two week wait now. I ovulated 4-5 days sooner than last cycle. I'm sure the LC diet is regulating my cycle. Our timing was good, so I'm praying this is our month.

Menu:
Zucchini breakfast quiche, blueberries, coffee
Tuna muffins, chipotle mayo, side salad
Broiled chicken thighs, stir fry veggie

Last edited by CARLINI; 09-05-2012 at 10:11 AM..
Old 09-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #270

Carlini - Good luck to you!

CJ - Hope you feel better soon!

We like EmergencC too, just picked some up at Trader Joe's.

I am waiting to O, should be sometime next week. We are having a nice relaxing time off work. Heading out to a baseball game now!

Diet has been ok, I have had a couple meals off plan but always get right back to it. Vacation is hard! We went to a festival with friends on Sunday and though I had a few beers, I kept my food strictly on plan! Unfortunately the next day I had chips and dip.

Menu for the day:

B - coffee w/ cream
L - plan is to have a couple bunless hot dogs at the game
D - we have a tri-tip rubbed down and ready for the grill this evening. I picked up some heirloom tomatoes at the farmers market so will make caprese to go with it.

Closed Thread