Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
Well, I had my second OB appointment today. They did finally do bloodwork, but that's about it. Still don't know if I have anything alive in there, haha! They said at my next appointment, they'll do the dopplar thingy to hear the heartbeat.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLiz View Post
Well, I had my second OB appointment today. They did finally do bloodwork, but that's about it. Still don't know if I have anything alive in there, haha! They said at my next appointment, they'll do the dopplar thingy to hear the heartbeat.
Youre getting there!
Old 08-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #183

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Hello everyone. My mommy is here and it's already been a great 2 days. Today was obviously extra great because we had the ultrasound. First, everything was perfect. Baby was SO active that the tech had trouble getting pictures of the heart. The baby rolled and turned, and we even got to see hiccups it was a perfect ultrasound....and....it's a girl!! I was in tears and so was my mom because we are naming her Stella Grace after her mother. Dh was able to call and he was besides himself. I'm in love love love!!
Old 08-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Congrats DP!
Old 08-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #185
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Yay baby girl!!!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #186

A GIRL!!!!!

CONGRATS!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Yay on a girl!
Old 08-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #188

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
So much more fun buying girl's clothes over boys clothes! LUCKY
Old 08-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #189

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Hello everyone. My mommy is here and it's already been a great 2 days. Today was obviously extra great because we had the ultrasound. First, everything was perfect. Baby was SO active that the tech had trouble getting pictures of the heart. The baby rolled and turned, and we even got to see hiccups it was a perfect ultrasound....and....it's a girl!! I was in tears and so was my mom because we are naming her Stella Grace after her mother. Dh was able to call and he was besides himself. I'm in love love love!!
YAY! CONGRATS! WOOHOO! That's so awesome!

Quote:
Well that's a start! Just look at the bright side, you never had to see the blob that I saw at my first US, the first time you see your baby it will be full formed and just blow you away!
Old 08-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #190

The last two saturdays have been miserable miserable days, so I tried a different approach today, instead of taking Saturdays to be my lazy day, I got up and went for a walk and out to breakfast. I do better during the week, maybe it's because I keep busy. So far so good today. I feel pretty good!
Old 08-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

how long does it take to hear back about the blood work? I mean, i'm assuming that if everything checks out, they won't call me, but if something is? would they call me or just tell me at the next appointment?
Old 08-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #192

Quote:
how long does it take to hear back about the blood work? I mean, i'm assuming that if everything checks out, they won't call me, but if something is? would they call me or just tell me at the next appointment?
When I had lab work done, they said it would take up to 3 days to get the results back. And if everything is fine they won't call.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #193

Girls clothes are absolutely awesome! We bought shoes and headbands today and some feety pjs. I need to buy stuff we need before I start shopping I suppose
Old 08-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #194

Happy Sunday! I hope you're all having a great one!
Started my day out with a nice veggie omelette and now I'm off to church.
Have a good day!
Old 08-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
DP! Congratulations on the girl! And I agree, girl's clothes are definitely more fun to shop for than boy's clothes. I get frustrated a lot shopping for Brandon's clothes....it definitely seems like the stores favor girls and have many more adorable things for girls.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #196

So what's been everyone's favorite bottle? I uses Dr Browns for our son but I hated all the pieces!!Im going to breast feed primarily but I know il switch to formula eventually and also pump
Old 08-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, yesterday we had portraits done of Branon. No special occasion, I just wanted to get some done before he turned one as the last professional portraits we got of him were done at the hospital when he was 2 days old. I opened up a photobucket account and am going to attempt to post some of my faves here. He also was able to stand unassisted for the first time....that was pretty cool to get that on camera!

I'll try to post one and if that works, I'll post a couple more. Here goes my first try:

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 08-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ack! Why is it so big? I tried to resize it in photobucket, but it still seems to be coming out so huge!
Old 08-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #199
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
I see a thumbnail photo size. He is adorable!

Dp - congrats!!! A girl is so exciting

My nephew just left, he is 8 and was here for the week. Wore me out having two boys but it was fun getting outside so much with the both of them. Now to get some rest. Lol
Old 08-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #200

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Busy weekend here, non stop. More for Andrew than anyone. He is still at the soccer party, but they have to come home soon to get ready to see Wicked tonight. I am home with the baby.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

When i went grocery shopping yesterday, I went through the baby aisle, just for fun....i was immediately overwhelmed - so many choices, so many THINGs i haven't even begun to think about. What do i need? how much? what kind? what if i don't like it? Yikes! i got out of there pretty quick!
Old 08-27-2012, 04:58 AM   #202

Yeah, baby stuff is very overwhelming! When they are first born you need very little. Diapers, wipes, clothes...that's honestly it! Sure there's a lot of stuff you CAN have, but IMO you don't need it. My advice..start buying diapers now

I've been shopping with my mom for 3 days. Ive gotten most everything I need. I'm waiting for dh to come home to do the bedding but I did get sheets and a changing pad mattress. And I want to have a few bottles on hand but I'm having issues choosing.
And of course we've gotten lots of cute clothes. Girls are so fun! And it's great because summer stuff is going on clearance so I've bought a few bigger outfits for next summer.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:27 AM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
So, yesterday we had portraits done of Branon. No special occasion, I just wanted to get some done before he turned one as the last professional portraits we got of him were done at the hospital when he was 2 days old. I opened up a photobucket account and am going to attempt to post some of my faves here. He also was able to stand unassisted for the first time....that was pretty cool to get that on camera!

I'll try to post one and if that works, I'll post a couple more. Here goes my first try:

SUPER CUTE!

Quote:
When i went grocery shopping yesterday, I went through the baby aisle, just for fun....i was immediately overwhelmed - so many choices, so many THINGs i haven't even begun to think about. What do i need? how much? what kind? what if i don't like it? Yikes! i got out of there pretty quick!

Take it slow and start small, diapers, wipes, onesies, receiving blankets. Are you having a shower? Most of what you need you can put on your registry and get as gifts. I'm not planning on having to buy much.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Take it slow and start small, diapers, wipes, onesies, receiving blankets. Are you having a shower? Most of what you need you can put on your registry and get as gifts. I'm not planning on having to buy much.
i don't even know what diapers to use...disposable? cloth? something in between? make my own? buy used? i'm weighing the pros and cons but can't decide on anything. i don't want to spend a bunch of money on one method and find out i hate it.

i honestly don't know if i'm having a shower or not since i moved out of my home state a few months ago and don't have any friends in this new place yet. With work and all, i can't really see myself making a weekend trip to see a handful of old friends...kinda sad actually. i'm planning to buy most of the clothes from garage sales and goodwill.

i feel dumb for asking, but...what's a receiving blanket?
Old 08-27-2012, 07:06 AM   #205

Quote:
i don't even know what diapers to use...disposable? cloth? something in between? make my own? buy used? i'm weighing the pros and cons but can't decide on anything. i don't want to spend a bunch of money on one method and find out i hate it.

i honestly don't know if i'm having a shower or not since i moved out of my home state a few months ago and don't have any friends in this new place yet. With work and all, i can't really see myself making a weekend trip to see a handful of old friends...kinda sad actually. i'm planning to buy most of the clothes from garage sales and goodwill.

i feel dumb for asking, but...what's a receiving blanket?

I'm planning to use G diapers, its a brand of cloth diapers. Babies R us sells them and they are online as well. They have liners that catch the poop and you flush, so all you have to wash out is the pee. Not nearly as messy. Check them out online.

a receiving blanket is the thin blanket that you wrap newborns in to swaddle. Most people use them for a good 6 months or so. It's like the blanket a hospital would use on them, except you can buy some cute ones for use at home!

Have you picked up the book "what to expect when expecting" yet? Sounds like this book would be very very helpful for you! They also have a website/forum.
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 08-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #206
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Yay a girl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post

How is everyone doing? Where is Jilly?

Business as usual for me. Diet is going well. I should O sometime the beginning of next week. We're going to try DTD every other day starting 5 days before. I hate that O comes so late for me, usually CD 18-22. I envy women who O on CD 14.

B ~ eggs, sausage, bacon, cheese, tomato, coffee
L ~ chicken souvlaki, tzatziki sauce, veggies
S ~ cheese and nuts
D ~ taco salad
Old 08-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #207
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Palmetto0208
Stats: 226/192.6/165
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Sept. 2009/ Restart (Dukan): Aug. 11, 2011
We haven't told anybody yet but ... WE'RE HAVING A BABY! Had it confirmed at a doc appt Friday (although the nurse said the test showed "barely pregnant.") I'm about 6 weeks pg, due in April. WOOOOOO!!!
We weren't planning for it to happen so quickly. Basically I quit the pill at the end of June and was knocked up two weeks later! Husband and I are thrilled and freaking out, which I guess is normal.
I've been staying pretty LC, but reasonable. I've been having fruit, nuts and cheese for snacks. I keep reading that LC keeps you from having morning sickness, and so far, so good.
WOOOOO!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
I'm planning to use G diapers, its a brand of cloth diapers. Babies R us sells them and they are online as well. They have liners that catch the poop and you flush, so all you have to wash out is the pee. Not nearly as messy. Check them out online.

a receiving blanket is the thin blanket that you wrap newborns in to swaddle. Most people use them for a good 6 months or so. It's like the blanket a hospital would use on them, except you can buy some cute ones for use at home!

Have you picked up the book "what to expect when expecting" yet? Sounds like this book would be very very helpful for you! They also have a website/forum.
I actually considered the G diapers too. I found some on ebay that are a little less expensive. I thought it was cool that they could be flushed, and that you could choose between cloth or disposable.

I have checked out the "what to expect" website, taking it in bits at a time, there's just so much to learn! At my last doc appointment, i got a handout with all the classes they offer, and i definitely want to go to a couple of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto0208 View Post
We haven't told anybody yet but ... WE'RE HAVING A BABY! Had it confirmed at a doc appt Friday (although the nurse said the test showed "barely pregnant.") I'm about 6 weeks pg, due in April. WOOOOOO!!!
We weren't planning for it to happen so quickly. Basically I quit the pill at the end of June and was knocked up two weeks later! Husband and I are thrilled and freaking out, which I guess is normal.
I've been staying pretty LC, but reasonable. I've been having fruit, nuts and cheese for snacks. I keep reading that LC keeps you from having morning sickness, and so far, so good.
WOOOOO!!!
Congrats! It happened in my first month off the pill, too. I figured we'd get pregnant within 6 months or so - definitely wasn't expecting it in the first cycle.
Good job staying LC! i hope you don't get the aversions i have - meat, fat, protein, veggie...makes LC impossible.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #209

Brandon is so CUTE!!!! the photo!

Amy - We didnt buy a single thing before DS was born. Seriously. I had 2 showers and got a couple boxes of diapers, plenty of clothes and blankets and my Mom bought us a Pack N Play and a Rock N Play. DS slept in the Rock N Play until he could sit up on his own and then moved to the Pack N Play until he was 8 months and we moved. Then he has his own room and we bought him a crib and then the shopping snowballed. You really dont need much in those early months.

If you were to buy anything, I would highly, highly recommend the Rock N Play. Its about $50 and worth its weight in gold. You can travel with it and move it around the house easily and it holds the baby at an incline which helps tremendously with gassy or fussy babies. My SIL used ours and loved it too!

Palmetto -

Carlini - you catch that egg next week!

I had a BFN over the weekend and AF is due today so . On the bright side, I am doing really well with my diet.

B - coffee w/ cream, widget's zucchini bread w/ cream cheese
L - leftover grilled chicken & caprese salad
D - we may pick something up, lots of things goin on this evening

Have a great day!

Old 08-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
DS slept in the Rock N Play until he could sit up on his own and then moved to the Pack N Play until he was 8 months and we moved. Then he has his own room and we bought him a crib and then the shopping snowballed. You really dont need much in those early months.

If you were to buy anything, I would highly, highly recommend the Rock N Play. Its about $50 and worth its weight in gold. You can travel with it and move it around the house easily and it holds the baby at an incline which helps tremendously with gassy or fussy babies. My SIL used ours and loved it too!
AmyLiz-Yes, I definitely recommend the Fisher Price Rock N Play too! Perfect for a newborn and very portable.

As far as receiving blankets go, you can always try to, er, "borrow" some from the hospital too. They had the best ones I thought, super big and thick. We loved them so much, I found a website that sold them to the general public and we bought a bunch more. They had all the popular hospital designs.

Also, try to get a couple "chuck pads" from the hospital too. I use ours all the time, they make great changing pads. I even slept on them when I came home bacause I was still bleeding so bad.

Note-just so you guys don't think I'm a thief, the nurse was totally cool with us taking a couple blankets home and practically forced me to take a couple chuck pads because I was so worried about bleeding all over my sheets at home.

I also recommend buying a couple packs of those cloth diapers (like the Gerber ones or Buy Buy Baby ones), not to use as diapers but to use as burp cloths. They have been indespensible in our house. They do such a better job at cleaning up spit up and the like than the cloths that are actually called "burp cloths". I was able to buy around 8 of them for $10 bucks. They last forever too.

Last edited by Happycat21; 08-27-2012 at 11:10 AM..
Closed Thread