Old 04-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #2011
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
So excited! My work approved me to take an extra 6 weeks off! Now I just need to see if the state will pay me for the extra family leave bonding time. Even if they don't I'm still taking the time off! I feel so much better about going back to work when my baby is 3 months old instead of just 6 weeks old. So happy! I don't go back til July 1st!
That is amazing! Enjoy your time with that baby!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #2012
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
I haven't even taken my soon to be 18 month into the pool yet....mainly because I don't want to be seen in a bathing suit. Isn't that awful? I'm robbing him of learning how to swim because I'm so freaking self conscious. I hate myself for that.

I try to ask DH to sign him up and take him to swimming lessons, but he doesn't think he needs to learn so early. I disagree.....but DH also had a really bad experience when he was a youngin'. Apparently, his parents just threw him into the ocean and told him to start swimming. He said he swallowed salt water and felt like he almost drowned. So, I can understand his apprehension. He says he has never forgiven them for that. He's 39 years old.
It depends on what you mean by swim lessons, but actual classes for learning how to float, breathe, and stroke are best done by kindergarten and older. Now acclimating children to shallow water is fine when younger, but I know even my four year old struggled to keep up with her older classmates in the primary swimming class last season, and it took her longer to learn the same things (just due to physical and mental maturity). Now she's like a little fish, in comparison, but I'm REALLY glad I didn't waste time or money trying to teach her any younger - it would have been a lot of work for very little payoff in the way of skills

On a pregnancy break with baby #5 until January 2015
Old 04-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #2013
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
Good Afternoon All

Still kicking here. Carb intake has been MUCH better this week. And I am happy. Walking twice a day on breaks at work. And again in the evening with DD on some days.

Been cooking more and being more prepared. That is really helping me tons. Also trying to keep my cals down as well and been doing well with that.

Had an u/s a week ago. Baby is doing great. Measured at 7w +4 then which was off by a few days. Due date changed to November 20th. A little turkey. LOL
Great news on the exercise and carb intake, both. It's so hard to stay on in the first trimester, but it really does easy symptoms to not be dealing with carbs AND pregnancy ills

I'm also thrilled the ultrasound went well - you'll have plenty of reason to thoroughly enjoy thanksgiving, either as a post-birth celebration or an overdue pity party
Old 04-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #2014
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: VictoriaLynn
Stats: 5'2'' 366.4/284/130
WOE: BistroMD
Start Date: January 21, 2013
I dont post often because I've been trying to lose weight and have put off trying to conceive until I lose what I need too. But I think I ovulated yesterday and there is a chance we could have caught the egg. Even though I'm not where I want to be weight wise, I still kind of hope we did. Wont find out until the beginning of next month. We haven't had much luck since my second miscarriage in April of 2009, so heres hoping lol

Last edited by VictoriaLynn; 04-16-2013 at 09:34 AM..
Old 04-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #2015
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaLynn View Post
I dont post often because I've been trying to lose weight and have put off trying to conceive until I lose what I need too. But I think I ovulated yesterday and there is a chance we could have caught the egg. Even though I'm not where I want to be weight wise, I still kind of hope we did. Wont find out until the beginning of next month. We haven't had much luck since my second miscarriage in April of 2009, so heres hoping lol
Hi VictoriaLynn! Fingers crossed for you!
Old 04-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #2016
Senior LCF Member

So, I got to see the babies again today during my NT scan, which put my first trimester fears to rest. I feel like we're finally out of the woods. Both babies had strong heartbeats (171 and 180) and measured right on track (11w6d and 12w1d). They had already done my blood work, so we got the results on the spot - very low risk for all three abnormalities (downs, trisomy-18, and trisomy-21). Again, I am just so relieved to have made it this far and feel like I can stop worrying . . . for a few months, anyway.

Food wise, everything is going fine. It's been pretty easy getting the recommended 175g of protein with my LC WOE. I think all the other moms on the twins board are wondering how I do it.

I hope everyone else is doing good. It's been kinda quiet around here these past few days.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #2017
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton_02 View Post
So, I got to see the babies again today during my NT scan, which put my first trimester fears to rest. I feel like we're finally out of the woods. Both babies had strong heartbeats (171 and 180) and measured right on track (11w6d and 12w1d). They had already done my blood work, so we got the results on the spot - very low risk for all three abnormalities (downs, trisomy-18, and trisomy-21). Again, I am just so relieved to have made it this far and feel like I can stop worrying . . . for a few months, anyway.

Food wise, everything is going fine. It's been pretty easy getting the recommended 175g of protein with my LC WOE. I think all the other moms on the twins board are wondering how I do it.

I hope everyone else is doing good. It's been kinda quiet around here these past few days.
So glad you got to see the babies! So exciting! I know what you mean about first trimester fears! Congrats on doing so well on your WOE!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #2018

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Wait..how do the babies measure different days?!?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #2019
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Update: We had our follow up appointment and they had gotten all the blood work back. DH, Connor, and my blood work all came back completely normal. There was no chromosomal disorder, and it was not genetic. On one hand, this is great because we know it wasn't "us", so that can be off our minds for the future. On the other hand, now we have no clue what happened to him.

The ambien was not really helping me sleep at all. My dr prescribed something different for me, ativan, and it really helps. I have slept really well these past few nights.

I've been doing a lot better during day to day stuff. I feel like I'm making some strides emotionally. It is obviously still fresh, but the break downs are not nearly as often. I know it is okay to cry, but it has to not be frequent at some point.

We are going to plant a small memorial garden in front of our house. It needed some landscaping, and we think this will be a nice memorial. My mom has ordered us a few personalized things to put in it. I will post pictures when it is complete sometime this Spring.

Once again, thank you so much everyone for all your support and prayers. I have been skimming the thread off and on. Some days, I really enjoy reading everyone's updates and sometimes it is too hard. I wish everyone the very best of luck though and hope we will be back in this thread sometime in the next few years at least TTC.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 04-18-2013, 05:26 AM   #2020

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I'm so glad you are doing a little better Suzie. I think of you and your family often as I can't imagine
Old 04-18-2013, 06:56 AM   #2021
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Wait..how do the babies measure different days?!?
They just grow at different rates. At 7 weeks 6 days, they measured exactly the same. Now, Baby A is actually exactly in line with my due date, and Baby B is measuring a couple days ahead. As long as they are within 7 days of each other, it's no big deal.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #2022
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Oh, Suzie, thank you for the update. I think the memorial garden is a great idea. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. And I'm glad you found something to help you sleep after the Ambien didn't work out. You don't deserve to have to stay awake all night and think about what happened, you deserve to get some rest.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #2023
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Suzie thanks for the update. I'm glad to see you're doing better.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:12 AM   #2024
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Suzie, I wish I could just hug you!
Sutton, it'll be fun to follow your twins progress.
Victoria, I hope you guys caught the eggy!

I had a checkup with the endo today. I can tell from how I feel that the bloodwork will come back with bad numbers on my thyroid and trigs. I have a window of a few months (october/november-ish) to get myself back into working order before I see her again for the green light to start TTC. The obgyn said I could use an IUD for birth control, but I feel it's not a good idea with my pcos. I also don't want to mess around with my hormones with pills, so we'll just have to exercise caution. My cycles have been better so the metformin is helping to ovulate regularly.

so who's due next??
Old 04-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #2025
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
This thread has been closed due to its size, which impacts site performance. Please create a new thread and continue your discussion there. Thank you.
Closed Thread