Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #1891
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Oh CeeCee and Jilly - I feel for you. That is just the worst to feel so crummy

Sutton - Congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope the twins grow healthy and well

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #1892
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Thank you everyone!
So when does this "OMG is she still breathing?" phase end? LOL. Even when I babysit other peoples babies, I do it. Will it ever end? I'm so paranoid all the time.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:03 AM   #1893
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Congrats and Sutton! I admit I'm a little jealous of your twins! I had been having some twin "feelings," but only one showed up on the ultrasound at 8 weeks. I feel guilty for being disappointed to "only" have one in there when I am, of course, happy to have even one healthy one! I was just really hoping for a "surprise" since this is my last pregnancy (second), but I always wanted more than two kids. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Thank you everyone!
So when does this "OMG is she still breathing?" phase end? LOL. Even when I babysit other peoples babies, I do it. Will it ever end? I'm so paranoid all the time.
I'll let you know if it EVER goes away Ben is one, and it's slowed down so I'm not checking on him every hour like I was our first nights home, bu still every night before I go to bed, and I'm relieved when I hear him stirring in the morning
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 03-30-2013, 05:35 AM   #1894

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I still panic that James will stop breathing. He is turning one this week. It does go away, I no longer worry about my ten year old, if that helps, lol.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:07 AM   #1895

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
We put Stella in her crib last night. She's been waking at 5am and only sleeping if she was attatched to me. So I thought we'd try this. She did great! She was still up 3 times but I fed her and she laid right back down. She slept from 9-7 !! She's growing way to fast
Old 03-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #1896

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
We put Stella in her crib last night. She's been waking at 5am and only sleeping if she was attatched to me. So I thought we'd try this. She did great! She was still up 3 times but I fed her and she laid right back down. She slept from 9-7 !! She's growing way to fast
That's awesome! Sleep is so nice!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #1897
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Thanks for all the welcomes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Congrats and Sutton! I admit I'm a little jealous of your twins! I had been having some twin "feelings," but only one showed up on the ultrasound at 8 weeks. I feel guilty for being disappointed to "only" have one in there when I am, of course, happy to have even one healthy one! I was just really hoping for a "surprise" since this is my last pregnancy (second), but I always wanted more than two kids. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.
I'm always surprised to hear people say they want twins. I've never even entertained the idea before, but ever since I saw two babies on that u/s monitor, I am ecstatic! It's still hard to believe there are two in there, as I've had very mild symptoms.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #1898

Gallery: pocahontas
Lori -never!

sutton - I have twins on both sides and was convinced when I was pg with DS that it was going to be twins. I have actually had a dream that I had twins and my Mom keeps telling me she had a similar dream. DH and I only want 2 though so hopefully next time we conceive its a singleton!
Old 03-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #1899

My girl friend had one kid already and her and hubby decided to try for one more, the day they decided to start trying, they found out she was already pregnant and it was twins! haha! It happens!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:11 AM   #1900
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, I have twins on both sides of my family, too. My mother was actually born a twin, but her brother die of pneumonia caused by chicken pox when he was six months old. They say it skips a generation, and my mom didn't have any twins, so I was really hoping...but, no such luck I just always wanted more than 2 kids, but my husband only wants 2, so twins would have been the perfect way to "compromise"

Hope everyone has a great Easter! We're heading up to spend it with my husband's cousins. I like seeing them, but it is so much work to pack up everything for my son and our dogs just to go for a day. Heh, wait 'til we have TWO kids and two dogs

My diet has been atrocious lately. I really need to get back on track, but today is not the day since the cousin we're visiting doesn't usually do much "real" cooking - her holiday dinners typically consist of a meat (she's making turkey for Easter, which I don't like and is very unusual to me, as my family has always done ham) and then the sides are things like pasta salad from a box, mashed potatoes from a box, corn, rolls or homemade bread...they're not much for real vegetables or dishes from scratch (with the exception of desserts - she'll spend plenty of time and effort on desserts!). She texted me yesterday asking a question about the mini cheesecakes I'd made for my son's birthday party, so I'm assuming those will be there. I was up at 3am this morning with an unhappy tummy, I'm assuming from the ice cream I ate last night before bed. I'll be glad to go back to work tomorrow just to get some semblance of routine back into my life.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:15 AM   #1901
Senior LCF Member

OH, I have a question! Does anyone have any suggestions for good, easy snacks for babies? As in, something I can just put in a snack cup for him to eat independently. All I have are organic yogurt drops and freeze dried fruit, but he is eating a TON of food nowadays, and I hate giving him all that sugar, even if it is fruit - there's still no protein nor fat to be found. But the yogurt drops and freeze dried fruit are so easy, don't have to be refrigerated, don't make a mess...any other ideas? I thought maybe some cut up steamed baby carrots, but would those be okay at room temp for long? And I've been cutting up string cheese sticks into chunks, but, again, I'm thinking those need to stay refrigerated. I don't mind giving him some fruit, but I don't want to be giving him as much as we have been.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #1902

jilly, we give DS string cheese cut up. If he doesnt finish it within a few hrs then we toss it but string cheese is ok at room temp for a while. we also give him peas, carrots, green beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, cashews, sunflower seeds (can be messy!) organic raisins, etc. he loves the cucumbers right now! when we sit down to eat, we give protein first but for snacks, its nearly impossible! he does like salami though! i cut it into triangles but it can be a tad greasy so i have to watch that he doesnt touch everything! one other thing that he totally loves is black beans and chick peas, try those for some protein!

Old 03-31-2013, 04:48 PM   #1903

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
James has meat as. Snack. Little pieces of pork or beef. Sometimes cheese.
Today was his birthday party. Lots of fun. I made this huge effort to make a flour less cake, waste of time. He played with it and smashed it, but did not eat any. I was happy about that as I am not into sugar. I did fill him up on ribs before the cake, that might have helped too.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #1904
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
I thought for sure I was pregnant with twins since my morning sickness was really bad! I made the ultrasound tech pan all around in there to make sure there was only one, lol. Sutton congratulations and welcome!

Things are going well here, little girl has the hiccups allll the time and it is kind of funny! Until I need to get some rest and she's hiccuping and bopping all around in there while I'm trying to fall asleep. I'm 29 weeks, will be 30 on Thursday and have gained 16 pounds. I was shooting for a gain of 25 pounds so that leaves me a little less than a pound a week until my due date.

I've been trying really hard to find the energy to exercise but I am just soooo tired all the time. Working full time at a pretty active job is enough to totally tire me out. My poor dog really needs some exercise. Did I mention that we got the nursery painted and furniture set up? I still need to do some wall hangings and shelves and things, but it's mostly done.

I'll post some pictures of the nursery and my ever-growing midsection soon
Old 04-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #1905
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OH, I have a question! Does anyone have any suggestions for good, easy snacks for babies?
What about avocado? Or would that be too messy?
Old 04-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #1906
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
I'm 29 weeks, will be 30 on Thursday and have gained 16 pounds. I was shooting for a gain of 25 pounds so that leaves me a little less than a pound a week until my due date.
Sounds like you're right on track, and I'll bet it's all belly! Have you stayed pretty low carb the whole time? I had everything figured out regarding weight gain, working out, nutrition, etc, until I found out there were two. Now, I feel like it's back to the drawing board. I don't want to gain too much extra fat during this pregnancy, but at the same time, want to make sure I'm eating enough. I've read that with twins, it's more important to gain in the 1st and 2nd trimesters, than the third, since a.) they can come early and b.) there's less room for them to grow later on. At 9 weeks, I've already gained about 5 pounds, which I'm ok with, but feel like I need to slow my roll just a bit.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #1907
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, avocado = too messy. Meats need to be refrigerated. He's too young for things like nuts or seeds yet. Bleh, this shouldn't be so hard. Do chickpeas need to be refrigerated? I'll have to look them up. Still carby, but at least it's not just sugar.

I'm back on better track with my own eating, but I feel so...gross. When eating as I know I should, I feel nauseous and have a lot of food aversions. When I eat freely whatever sounds/looks good, I end up with painful stomach bloating/gas for hours on end. Even drinking water makes me feel gross. I keep feeling thirsty, which is not good, but I can't take more than a couple sips of water before I feel icky. I can't win! I don't remember it being nearly this hard the first time. Must be a girl this time
Old 04-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #1908

Quote:
Must be a girl this time

Not much going on over here, Im 7DPO and dying to test! Way too early, I know.

CJ- hiccups are a trip right? I wanna see pics of the nursery!

sutton & jilly - I hope things turn around for you soon and you can get back to eating the way you know works! The first tri is always so difficult. I think I was nearly 14wks with DS before I could stomache LC foods. Luckily, I hadnt gained in that time and was able to stay on track the rest of the pregnancy.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #1909

Quote:
Yeah, avocado = too messy. Meats need to be refrigerated. He's too young for things like nuts or seeds yet. Bleh, this shouldn't be so hard. Do chickpeas need to be refrigerated? I'll have to look them up. Still carby, but at least it's not just sugar.

I'm back on better track with my own eating, but I feel so...gross. When eating as I know I should, I feel nauseous and have a lot of food aversions. When I eat freely whatever sounds/looks good, I end up with painful stomach bloating/gas for hours on end. Even drinking water makes me feel gross. I keep feeling thirsty, which is not good, but I can't take more than a couple sips of water before I feel icky. I can't win! I don't remember it being nearly this hard the first time. Must be a girl this time
I had total aversions to meat and veggies. The only things I could stomach was powerade zero, french fries, and jamba juice. And even then I couldn't get much down. But that Powerade zero....omg....non stop!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:39 AM   #1910

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Just a quick check in. Stella has been in her crib for 3 nights now. The last 2 nights she's only woken once. Yesterday she woke at 6am and came and snuggled in bed with me but today she slept until 7. I'm hoping this is the start of sleeping through the night. It seen nice getting a 5-6 hour stretch of sleep!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #1911

Quote:
Just a quick check in. Stella has been in her crib for 3 nights now. The last 2 nights she's only woken once. Yesterday she woke at 6am and came and snuggled in bed with me but today she slept until 7. I'm hoping this is the start of sleeping through the night. It seen nice getting a 5-6 hour stretch of sleep!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:46 AM   #1912
Senior LCF Member

I believe I've managed to catch a stomach bug. I threw up after dinner yesterday (we ate out, so had to pull over and puke on the side of the road - ahh, proud moments!), which I would just chalk up to pregnancy, but now I've also been having, umm, diarrhea since the lovely hour of 4am Now, I'm afraid to eat or drink anything! Trying to push water so I at least don't get dehydrated (got Smart Water with the electrolytes). Bleh.
Quote:
Hurray! I was surprised by how well Ben did when we moved him to his crib. It was ME who wasn't ready for it yet, but we'd used a grout sealer in our master bath, and, come bedtime, our bedroom still reeked of it, so I didn't want him breathing that in all night. So, we tried putting him in his crib, and he did great, so we just stuck with it! Isn't sleep grand
Old 04-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #1913
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Welcome Sutton! I know so many people pregnant with twins right now, it's crazy!

We need to move baby Ethan to his crib soon...he's busting out of his bassinett like crazy. I do believe he is over the weight limit too, lol. Here's a picture of him drinking his milk while still asleep. He should also be done with his helmet (DOC Band) in 3 more weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ethan.drinking.bottle.sleeping.jpg (26.1 KB, 23 views)
Old 04-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #1914

Quote:
How many months is she now? Looking forward to the time when baby can sleep through the night!

Quote:
I believe I've managed to catch a stomach bug. I threw up after dinner yesterday (we ate out, so had to pull over and puke on the side of the road - ahh, proud moments!), which I would just chalk up to pregnancy, but now I've also been having, umm, diarrhea since the lovely hour of 4am Now, I'm afraid to eat or drink anything! Trying to push water so I at least don't get dehydrated (got Smart Water with the electrolytes). Bleh.

D
yuck. I got the stomach bug during my second trimester, it was horrible. No D, but I was so uncontrollably sick, that if I wasn't puking I was laying on the couch shaking. Stomach bugs are so not fun when preggers! Hope you're feeling better soon!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #1915
Senior LCF Member

Pocahontas - I know how you feel with wanting to test. When we were trying,I definitely was a POAS addict. Hubby was always like, "wait and test a week after you've missed your your period." Men don't get it. I would use internet cheapies to satisfy my desire to dip sticks in my urine. I hope this is your month!

Jilly - so sorry you've got a stomach bug. It's definitely going around. Hopefully it's over soon. Take care.

I got to see the babies again today and hear their heartbeats. It was such a relief to see what actually looks like babies now, and both heartbeats still going strong (168 and 180). Baby B actually jumped a little and arched its back. That was exciting to see! I need to think of cute nicknames for them, instead of Baby A and Baby B.

On the food front, I've started a paleo challenge for the month of April. I had about a week of queasiness last week, but now I feel pretty normal again, with no aversions, so its time to really dial my food in and get as much nutrition as possible.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #1916
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Hey ladies

I reeeeeeaaaaly need to get hold of my diet. :-( I need to get back lc ASAP. Any suggestions?

Sorry you are feeling bad jilly. Hope you feel
Better soon.

Sutton- aaaawwww I can't wait to get my sonogram on Friday. Just wanna see the heartbeat.

Last edited by ceecee08; 04-02-2013 at 03:51 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 06:11 AM   #1917
Senior LCF Member

Wow, I feel SO much better today, like completely normal. I'm going to chalk it up to a 24-hour bug and am happy it's gone! I left work early yesterday so I could work from home, nice and close to my own bathroom without multiple stalls

Ben is being a major tush. He's fighting sleep like crazy. He refused to nap at all yesterday at daycare, cried for about half an hour at bedtime last night, and then was up crying for over an hour at midnight. I really don't know what to do, as he doesn't even settle down when I go to comfort him, so it's not just an issue of wanting Mommy or Daddy in his room with him. If I try to rock him in the glider, he fights to get down on the floor, and then just sits there and cries. I really, really hope this is a short phase! I'm first trimester tired as it is, so whether I'm trying to comfort him or just letting him cry, I'm not sleeping either way, and he's obviously super tired. When I picked him up this morning to get him changed, he just rested his head right down on my shoulder instead of being his usual smiley morning self.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton_02 View Post
I need to think of cute nicknames for them, instead of Baby A and Baby B.
We went the celebrity tabloid route and combined my husband's and my names to nickname our babies before we knew the sex. Jill + Jeff = Jiffy (was what we called Ben before we knew he was a Ben!) and now Jelly We obviously just added the "y" at the end of each to make them cutesy baby-sounding terms :P
Old 04-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #1918
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Glad you are feeling better Jilly.

I am trying to hold on to LC today. Seems like I want everything that is NOT LC. Fustrating.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #1919
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
Seems like I want everything that is NOT LC. Fustrating.
I hear ya! With that stomach bug, all I ate yesterday was fruit and Greek yogurt. I am now frequently craving a big bowl of cereal This salad I'm putting together will have to do for now *sigh*
Old 04-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #1920
Senior LCF Member

Jilly - glad to hear the stomach bug is gone! You've got enough on your plate being in the first trimester with a little one. The name combining is cute and works well with Jill and Jeff. I was thinking of maybe something that starts with A and B (ex: apple and banana - but not that), so it would be easy to remember which was which, or maybe 1 and 2 en espanol - uno y dos.

Ceecee - good luck with getting back to lc. It's tough when you've fallen off the wagon, but especially so when you're prego! Maybe you could try some lower carb fruits like berries? I've been on a plum kick lately. Nuts? Greek yogurt? I know a lot of these aren't super low carb, but it's better than bread, sugar, and other carb dense foods. Oh, and I've been making spaghetti using spaghetti squash instead of noodles. Even if you keep struggling during the first trimester, just remember that the second tri is right around the corner and you can get back on track then.
Closed Thread