Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #1861
KQT
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
holy crow, that's some hair! she's adorable.

welcome to the world, baby rose!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #1862
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
If Holly was a boy, I'd say she needs a haircut already!

You know, I used to think Ethan was a heavy sleeper. When we brought him home from the hospital, all he did was sleep for the first week or so. We dutifuly woke him for his feedings every 3-4 hours and changed his "dipeys". We thought we had such the perfect baby and I started to relax a bit....until.....he suddenly AWOKE. And then he decided that our days were his nights and vice versa. Ugh. Sometimes he didn't go down at night until 5 am. That was the worst. And now I see why sleep deprivation is used a form of torture. I also think that is when my PPD started rearing its ugly head again. It took awhile to get him to move his clock back, but I would say by the time he he turned 4 months, he started to go down before midnight finally. I swear to you, I would still lay there awake the first few nights he fell asleep before midnight because I was still excpecting him to start crying. It took me a few nights before I finally believed that we had turned a corner and I could start closing my eyes and getting some sleep myself. My boss was so awesome though, she allowed me to delay my coming back to work due to this, and then let me come back to work very part time when I initially did go back. I am finally back to work mostly full-time now that he is 5 months old. (I had originally planned to go back full time when he was 3 months old.)

Sleeping babies are a wonderful thing though!!!

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 03-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #1863
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Congratulations Lori!! I can't wait to see pics of baby Rose.

Andi ~ Good luck this cycle! I've had several appointments with the RE, and I love her! The protocol is femara or clomid with ultrasound monitoring, then an ovulation trigger, and progesterone supps in the luteal phase. We'll give that a go for a few months then re-evaluate. DH had a SA but we have not got those results back yet. Thanks for asking.

Last edited by CARLINI; 03-27-2013 at 09:09 AM..
Old 03-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #1864

Gallery: pocahontas
Awww, Taryl she is precious! All the babies in my family are born with a full head of hair too.

Lori - We are dying over here! Just sayin....

Debbie - So happy that you like the RE! That is so important. Keep us posted on how things go. that DH's SA is normal and good to go!

Well I think I definitely O'd. My temp this morning was high, super high. Even though I technically need one more temp to confirm, I think I can call it. The interesting part is that ever since the m/c, I have been O'ing on CD 14-16 and prior to that it was more like CD 18-21. I wonder why the big shift? My LP is still the same though.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #1865
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
I've had several appointments with the RE, and I love her! The protocol is femara or clomid with ultrasound monitoring, then an ovulation trigger, and progesterone supps in the luteal phase. We'll give that a go for a few months then re-evaluate. DH had a SA but we have not got those results back yet. Thanks for asking.

That sounds exactly like my first few cycles at my RE's office. Exactly! Good luck!!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #1866
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Andi- for a sticky bean this month!!!! Aren't our bodies crazy? Before I had my babies, I used to have super light periods. Now, they are super heavy and I hate it (of course, who wouldn't!?)
Old 03-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #1867
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
That sounds exactly like my first few cycles at my RE's office. Exactly! Good luck!!
From what I recall, this did not work for you, right? I'm so nervous about it not working, and what will have to come next (injectables, IVF).

Last edited by CARLINI; 03-27-2013 at 09:22 AM..
Old 03-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #1868
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
From what I recall, this did not work for you, right? I'm so nervous about it not working, and what will have to come next (injectables, IVF).
It did not, correct, but that doesn't mean it won't for you! DH also had a very difficult time with the "timed intercourse" part of it though. It was way too much pressure for him and I think that affected a lot of it too. He's a more "spontaneous" kind of guy.... I did like being followed so closely and getting confirmation that I did O each month.

The first couple cycles we used Clomid. Then we switched to Femara. Which I found interesting, did you know they also use that for breast cancer patients? Just my daily trivia bit for the day!
Old 03-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #1869
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Holly is beautiful!

I'm assuming Rose is, too...but still waiting

I had my first ultrasound yesterday morning. We're sticking with October 30 as my due date, much to my surprise (I expected it to be bumped later since my cycles are never 28 days, and my due date got bumped by ultrasound dating for Ben). Baby's heartbeat was good, and everything looks fine so far! So, I'm 9 weeks today, I think.

I'm having major icky tummy issues in the evenings. I feel fine during the day, but by dinner time, nothing sounds good, I don't feel hungry, and I feel a bit nauseous and just...gross. And I am physically unable to stay awake in mid-late afternoon. I pretty much forced Ben to nap at 4pm because I literally could NOT keep my eyes open. Bleh.
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 03-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #1870

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I was tired like that for both my pregnancies jilly. I made sure I napped every afternoon with Kyle otherwise I'd crash.

Doing well here. I'm waiting for Stella to stop eating every 2 hours during the night still. I'm tired!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #1871

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
We are getting ready for james' first birthday this weekend! The first year went so fast. He is slowing down on nursing, which is nice. I assume he will wean over the summer. But, gone are my days of eating anything and everything and looking anorexic. I have already gained about eight pounds, so I look a lot healthier again. I will go to 110 and try to maintain that weight. At least my food bill will be lower! It was costing a lot to feed me this past year!
Old 03-28-2013, 05:36 AM   #1872

Nursing doesn't help me lose any faster you are lucky Suzanne. I'm glad though that you are starting to look healthier
Old 03-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #1873

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I was eating like a mad woman and still was too thin. But, I am naturally thin. Now, after I posted that, he is sleeping on me and nursing away! Lol
Old 03-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #1874
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Suzanne, I can't believe he will be a year already!!! Oh my gosh, where or where does the time go??!! It all does go too fast, that's for sure. It makes me sad when I think that my parents still have not been able to meet baby Ethan in person and he will be 6 months on 4/11.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #1875

They grow up way too fast! Suzanne, I ate like a freaking horse and lost 35bs the first 4 months when DS was nursing. It slowed down a lot after 6 mo and then I started to gain when he was about 10 mo. Im glad you are healthy and I cant wait to see pics of the birthday boy!

Sharon - My parents dont travel and when DS was born we lived 5+hrs away. It broke my heart too.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #1876
Senior LCF Member

My mother lives about 4 hours away, and we make sure to see her at least once a month. When we drive down there, we usually hit traffic somewhere no matter what time we leave, and we usually have to stop at least once for Ben to have a bottle or snack, so the trip takes more like 5 hours. I don't like to make my mom drive up to see us all the time because I know she's got arthritis in her hips, so the long drive is uncomfortable, plus she makes the trip alone, which makes me nervous. When my dad suddenly very unexpectedly died when Ben was just 2 months old, it really struck how important it is to me to make time for visiting family. I still cry over my son and the next one cooking not having their Pop-pop. He was a really, really great grandfather to my sister's girls. I even get irrationally jealous and almost resentful that my sister is so much older than me, so she and her kids had so much more time with him. Ben will never even remember him, and it absolutely kills me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I was tired like that for both my pregnancies jilly. I made sure I napped every afternoon with Kyle otherwise I'd crash.
Yeah, Ben's nap schedule has been wonky the past few days. Monday and Tuesday were okay, but yesterday, we went to lunch with friends, so he fell asleep in the car instead of at home for his usual afternoon nap. Today, he crashed at 9:30am, which is unusual for him, as he typically naps around 1. I'm afraid he may not take an afternoon nap now, or it will be quite short. I'm so screwed once I'm back to work at the office on Monday!

Last edited by jillybean720; 03-28-2013 at 08:41 AM..
Old 03-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #1877

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Baby Rose
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rose.jpg (25.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg rose1.jpg (29.2 KB, 34 views)
Old 03-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #1878

Rose's first car ride, 3 hours after being born.
And an amazing shot someone got of me and hubby during labor. He was such an amazing support. If my face looks funny it's because I still have the Bells Palsy and that's the side of the face thats effected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rosecarride.jpg (25.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg laborrose.jpg (21.1 KB, 42 views)
Old 03-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #1879
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Lori- Baby Rose is GORGEOUS!!!! I love her juicy face. Congrats to you and your family.

Yea my mom and MIL live 6 and 4 hours away, respectively. It's tough but we try and make special trips down to visit them.

Jilly- I have been reeallly tired too. I was trying to hit the gym yesterday but it did not work. Just getting in 2 15 minute walks on my breaks at work. We have really close EDD. My EDD is November 16th.

I am excited about BF. With my DD, I shed about 35-40lbs instantly.

Last edited by ceecee08; 03-28-2013 at 11:17 AM..
Old 03-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #1880
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Rose's first car ride, 3 hours after being born.
And an amazing shot someone got of me and hubby during labor. He was such an amazing support. If my face looks funny it's because I still have the Bells Palsy and that's the side of the face thats effected.
I think that you look amazing and look at little Miss Rose!! So fresh and new and look at those cheeks I just want to squish them
Old 03-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #1881

Omg look at that round baby!! I want to squeeze her!
Old 03-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #1882

Lori - she is gorgeous! Love the pic of you and DH too.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #1883

Thank you! I can't believe how long her hair is! It's over her ears and comes down past her shirt collar in the back. So so long! Can't wait to start putting in ribbons and bows! lol
Old 03-29-2013, 04:07 AM   #1884
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Lori, thank you so much for posting pics! that's some wild hair on that baby!
Old 03-29-2013, 04:40 AM   #1885
Senior LCF Member

Lori - I wouldn't have thought anything was wrong with your face in that photo at all. You shouldn't have said anything And look at all that hair on little Miss Rose! How adorable

ceecee - wow, we are pretty close in EDDs! Luckily, I seem to have turned a corner food-wise in that I'm able to eat pretty normally without feeling gross all the time, but this mid-afternoon nap requirement is not going to fly when I'm back to working in the office again on Monday :annoyed

BFing certainly didn't do me any favors since it didn't end up working out. I was so stressed out about my BFing struggles that I believe that stress helped me gain a bunch of weight. Bleh.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:33 AM   #1886
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Jilly- I feel ya on the mid day nap. I work 8-5 and I am always groggy in the am. I never want to get up.

Suprisingly I haven't had any tummy issues unless I go too long without eating.... my body lets me know FAST!

Had a piece of cake yesterday I hate these end of the month birthday shindigs at work. Other than that, stayed LC and weight is still the same at 295.2. The day I found out I was 292.5. So, gained a few lbs from my NY trip. Hoping I can drop that water weight.

My Journal

Goals
1-Mar Down 20 lbs
20-Mar Down 30lbs -NYC TRIP
3-Apr Down 40lbs!!!
17-Apr Down 50lbs!
Old 03-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #1887
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori-you were not kidding when you said she had lots of hair!!! Holy moly!! She is beautiful! Congratulations!!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #1888
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
She's so cute! What hairy babies we have on here right now
Old 03-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #1889
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Hi everyone! I'd like to join in on the conversation. I've followed this thread for what feels like years! I got pregnant last March and briefly joined in, but found out I'd had a missed miscarriage at about 11 weeks. After a break from trying, we're now 9 weeks pregnant (Due Oct 31). So, Jilly and CeeCee, I'm right there with y'all.

We've had two ultrasounds so far. The first was at 5 weeks, so we didn't see much, but when we went back at 7 weeks, 5 days to find a heartbeat, we actually found two!! I'm pregnant with twins!! It was a complete shock and surprise. Twins do not run in my family, I'm not on any fertility meds, I'm not overweight, or advanced age, so it was totally random. It has completely thrown all my pregnancy and birth plans for a loop, but I’m up for the adventure!

I’m just praying that these little bambinos decide to stick around. Luckily, I get to go back for another u/s on Tuesday, then again two weeks after that.

I plan to keep this pregnancy pretty low carb. So far, I've been around 100g a day, most of which is coming from Greek yogurt,veggies, fruit, and nuts. I wouldn't mind going a little lower in carbs, especially after the first trimester. I'm thinking 50-75g.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #1890

Congrats Sutton! Yay for twins!

Closed Thread