WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
YAY!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 06:19 AM   #1592
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
2 under 2 will be rough but you are right..it'll be great too, especially when the baby is walking and the kids can play. I'd love my kids to be closer in age but I don't think I could handle to babies close together!

I wish we could go to happy hour together! I could use a night out too. I'm obviosuly not drinking these days because I'm breastfeeding. Though I have had an occasional glass of wine.

My weight is coming down slowly still. It's been a rough month so ill be happy with a few pounds gone by Friday.

We are driving to NY on Friday to visit family for 2 weeks. A lot of people haven't met Stella Grace so it'll be nice but I'm not looking forward to the 14 hours drive with the kids!
Current 12/7: 98.0
Goal: healtHy and fit
Old 02-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #1593
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Urine test at gyn's office this morning was positive. They drew blood for confirmation, and I'll get that result tomorrow. The nurse said she actually did 2 urine tests because, just like me at home in my bathroom, she said the first one was so light that didn't think it was really positive. Maybe that's what I get for drinking 40 ounces of water in the morning before my appointment
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
We are driving to NY on Friday to visit family for 2 weeks. A lot of people haven't met Stella Grace so it'll be nice but I'm not looking forward to the 14 hours drive with the kids!
That is a looong drive - good luck! I'd expect it to take 16-17 hours if it normally takes 14! Even if when we just drive to Virginia Beach, which is normally about 4 hours, it can take an extra 30-60 minutes if we don't time it just right and end up having to stop for a feeding.
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 02-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #1594

Yeah- we know it might take longer. We aren't opposed to stopping in a hotel if it gets too much

I'm so excited for you jilly!!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #1595

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
YAY Jilly that's great news!
I was never able to get a doc to do a pregnancy test on me. When I called and said I got a postive at home and wanted to come in for confirmation they acted like I was crazy. They just told me to wait til 8 weeks and go see an OB. It would have sucked if all that time I thought I was pregnant and I really wasn't!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #1596

Gallery: pocahontas
OMG, Im gone for the weekend and come back to a BFP for jilly!!!! Congrats missy!!! I am so thrilled for you.

I wanted 2 under 2 but obviously that didnt happen. It will be crazy but you will get through it. Yay, Ben is gonna be a big brother!

We took Harris to the snow over the weekend. We had a blast, he loved the snow!

I should be ovulating sometime this week so DH and I have plans to get busy Fingers crossed, I join jilly soon on the pregnancy path!!!

Holy giant pics BATMAN! For some reason it wont let me resize. Sorry ladies!

Last edited by pocahontas; 02-25-2013 at 11:49 AM..
Old 02-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #1597
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Congrats, Jilly! Two under two will be hard (hell, I had two under one for 6 days). But it is fun.....lots of work, but fun.

And to the rest of the group-sorry I have been MIA....I have been super duper busy with Ethan (now 4 months) and Brandon (now 16 months). Brandon is walking (running!) everywhere, he is hard to keep up with. Ethan has a condition called torticollis (he tilts his head to the right and turns it to the left) so he is in physical therapy for that. He also has a flat head and now has a DOC Band (basically a helmet) that he has to wear to round out his head. They think that both of these conditions could very well be related to the broken collar bone he suffered at birth. But even with these conditions, he is doing very well, he is a very happy healthy baby. He is huge, he is already in 12 month clothes and has been in size 4 diapers for almost 2 months now. He is in the 88% percentile for everything-weight, height and head circumference. Brandon seems to like him a lot, he gives him lots of smiles and calls him "di-di" which coincidentally means "little brother" in Mandarin Chinese. Not sure if his grandpa taught him that or he is just trying to say "baby" and that is how it comes out.

We have had a tough couple of weeks. We lost two of our beloved cats....my cat Skye and my husband's cat Zoie who just passed away this past Saturday. It has been a really hard weekend especially losing Zoie because it happened so fast. We tried to hide our sadness from Brandon but it was so hard to. I've never seen my husband so devastated as I did from him losing his long time companion. At least with Skye (my kitty) I had a couple months to say goodbye because I knew she was going to die (she had end stage renal failure). With Zoie, it was very sudden and unexpected. Brandon saw a lot of our grieving and I jus got a call from daycare that he has been walking around crying a lot today. She said it was so strange because he is usually so happy and laughing all the time. I hope we didn't mess him up by showing our sadness to him. We really did try to hide it as much as we could, but it really was impossible to do all the time. It was so hard to lose 2 fur babies so close together.

Good luck to you all nearing your due dates and also good luck to you all trying to conceive!!!

Here are a couple recent pics of the boys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130211_071359_resized.jpg (25.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20130216_125257_resized.jpg (26.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 20130211_073145_resized.jpg (28.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20130216_134237_resized.jpg (21.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg santa.jpg (32.0 KB, 9 views)

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 02-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #1598
Senior LCF Member

Sharon, your boys are adorable! I am so sorry about your cats. It's hard enough dealing with the loss of a beloved pet, but to try to hide that sadness from the kids...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Yeah- we know it might take longer. We aren't opposed to stopping in a hotel if it gets too much
Good plan. I know when I was little and living in CT, that's what we did for long trips. We stayed overnight on our way to Florida and did the same when we took a trip to visit family in Kentucky. And we were older kids, as I was at least 5, and my sister was older.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
I was never able to get a doc to do a pregnancy test on me. When I called and said I got a postive at home and wanted to come in for confirmation they acted like I was crazy. They just told me to wait til 8 weeks and go see an OB. It would have sucked if all that time I thought I was pregnant and I really wasn't!
ha, I seriously lucked out - I just happened to have my annual checkup and pap scheduled for today. I actually almost called on Friday to cancel it because I had spotted on Thursday and thought my period was starting! Good thing I got busy on Friday at work and forgot to cancel
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
I should be ovulating sometime this week so DH and I have plans to get busy Fingers crossed, I join jilly soon on the pregnancy path!!!

Holy giant pics BATMAN! For some reason it wont let me resize. Sorry ladies!
Those adorable pics can take up my whole screen if they want - nothing wrong with those big smiling faces!
Are you feeling a cold coming on at all? That seemed to be what worked for me Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!
Old 02-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #1599
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my gosh.....I just got another call from daycare. You know why Brandon was crying? Because there was some kind of loop inside his sneaker that his big toe got stuck on and it was wrapped around his sock too. They finally figured it out because he was crying more when he was walking and he walking really funny. When they took his shoes off, they saw this and that his big toe was really red and swollen. I feel so awful.....I was the one who put on his sneakers and I was in such a hurry this morning, it was totally my fault. They said it doesn't seem broken, just badly bruised. They have him barefoot now and are going to apply ice and give him Tylenol for the pain. Oh my goodness.....I feel like such the worst mommy right now. I wish I could be there to console him. And here I was thinking all of our grieving over our cat was what caused him to be crying so much. My poor baby boy.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #1600
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Andi-He is BEAUTIFUL! And obviously happy as a clam. You are such a good mommy and I know you can't wait to give him a little brother or sister. You will soon, I know you will.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #1601
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DP-Time sure does fly, doesn't it? She is so gorgeous.....I don't think I ever gave you an official "congratulations"!!!! Keep the pictures coming.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #1602

Sharon - thank you!!! It is so great to hear from you. I am sorry about your furbabies. They really are family and I cant imagine losing one let alone 2 at the same time. Poor Brandon! Dont feel bad, these things happen. DH once put both of DS's legs into the same pant leg and couldnt figure out why DS wanted to be held. I took him and put him down and he promtly fell on his face. We both felt like morons for not noticing! Ethan is a doll! My cousin also has her 4 month old in a helmet for a flat spot. He has to wear it for 4 months.

Jilly - thanks! and believe it or not, I do have a cold at the moment though I am at the tail end of it.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #1603
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/296/140
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Sharon I'm sorry for your loss.

Andi if Harris needs another snow fix, send him over here. We have PLENTY.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #1604
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
jilly!! yay!!
andi, good luck BD'ing with the O!
sharon, sorry to hear about the kitties.

we had brooke's 4 month appt today. big crocodile tears for her 2nd round of shots! shes 12lb 11oz now, 23rd percentile so she's a little on the petite side. we can start rice cereal whenever we feel ready, which is not yet. we're just getting over her first cold, which was then passed onto my husband, which turned into a sinus infection for me, and i never get sick.

here's B in the bumbo!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bumobo22.JPG (31.2 KB, 21 views)
Old 02-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #1605

Look at that face! Krissy, she is adorable! We skipped rice cereal with DS too and just waited until he was 6 mo, then started with avocado and other mashed foods. He ultimately didnt like purees or mashed food so we went right to soft finger foods. its fun to watch them learn their pincher grasp!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #1606

Sharon don't feel so bad! He'll be ok, it happens. Ilove your pics! Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #1607

Loving all the pictures!! it looks like everyone is doing well.

Here is my Stella Grace. She has her 2 month checkup Wednesday. I'm curious to see her weight. I know she's getting bigger because newborn clothes finally fit

image.jpg
Old 02-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #1608
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwwwww, Krissy! I love the Bumbo pic. I tried to put baby Ethan in his bumbo, but his head (which is huge---88 percentile plus he has the helmet) is still quite wobbly). He's got quite a load to hold up there, lol!
Old 02-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #1609
Senior LCF Member

LOVING the baby pictures, guys!!

Sharon, things like that happen to us all. How many stories to we hear about babies falling off beds? They survive, and, the best part is, they won't remember for long (if at all)

Andi, that pantleg story seriously made me laugh! Initially, I thought, "How could you not notice something like that?!" which was immediately followed by my remembering plenty of times I'd been oblivious to seemingly obvious issues
Here's hoping your cold is lucky for you like it was for me!

Krissy, Brooke is so cute! Ben sat in the Bumbo maybe two or three times. He was never much of a fan. Glad my friend lent us one for free!

DP, I was always (still am) eager to see Ben's weight at his check-ups. I have no idea why, but it's always so exciting for me!

AFM, I just got a call from my OB's office. The blood test they ran yesterday came back with very low levels of HCG. She said that could be just fine since I am SO early yet (period was expected to start today, actually), but they need me to come in again on Thursday morning for another blood draw to make sure the level is rising rapidly like it should. I'm sure it's fine; I really am just super duper early.

I did tell my daycare provider this morning that we're expecting. I thought about waiting, but I decided to tell her ASAP since she only watches a certain number of kids at a time (typically 4), and I would obviously like to be able to bring both my kids to the same place, so I want her to be thinking about if she will have an opening when the time comes. She actually told me that since I've been easy to work with, and she loves Ben so much, I would be a priority, and she would kick someone else out if it came down to it I hope it works out so that doesn't have to happen, but it is reassuring to know I won't have to hunt for another daycare.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #1610
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvmybabyhead
Stats: 342/288/275 (2nd goal)
Start Date: 7/17/13
Hello ladies, I've never posted here but I need some advice and support. So if I may, I'm going to worry a little at you.

I think LC got me pregnant! LOL Not literally but I've been ovulating again even though I am so heavy. My PCOS is kept in check too with LC. So I've been doing better with all my female issues. Well my DH and I DTD right around the time I O'ed and didn't use a condom. I misread the signs of O (we use condoms and NFP) and so we didn't use a condom. I feel like such a moron. ANYWAY, Now I think I am pregnant because I'm having all sorts of symptoms. I am 39, weigh 300+ pounds, and might be pregnant. I am worried about it but we really want another baby. The plan was to lose more weight before having another baby.

My period is due Saturday and I want to test but a test I took yesterday was negative. When can I test? Can I still LC while pregnant? Is it safe to continue to lose weight while pregnant?

Help!

And God bless you if you made it through all of that.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #1611

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybabyhead View Post
Hello ladies, I've never posted here but I need some advice and support. So if I may, I'm going to worry a little at you.

I think LC got me pregnant! LOL Not literally but I've been ovulating again even though I am so heavy. My PCOS is kept in check too with LC. So I've been doing better with all my female issues. Well my DH and I DTD right around the time I O'ed and didn't use a condom. I misread the signs of O (we use condoms and NFP) and so we didn't use a condom. I feel like such a moron. ANYWAY, Now I think I am pregnant because I'm having all sorts of symptoms. I am 39, weigh 300+ pounds, and might be pregnant. I am worried about it but we really want another baby. The plan was to lose more weight before having another baby.

My period is due Saturday and I want to test but a test I took yesterday was negative. When can I test? Can I still LC while pregnant? Is it safe to continue to lose weight while pregnant?

Help!

You don't wan to set out to lose weight while pregnant, But some ladies here have successfully low carbed while pregnant. I didn't in the beginning but have since week 25ish. I'd say stick to low carb, keep your calories reasonable and maybe after some low GI fruit every couple of days. And don't do Atkins low! I eat 40-70 carbs a day.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #1612
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:

Help!

If you are due Saturday then I would say Monday would have been much too early to test. What type of test are you using? A super sensitive one could come up positive tomorrow. I highly recommend first response 5 days early test.

Don't stress yourself about being your weight or age. Losing weight is really difficult and after awhile, how long do you put off getting pregnant? This could be an amazing blessing in disguise. I have my fingers crossed for you
Old 02-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #1613

I tested 6 days before my period and got a positive.

And I agree with Lori- don't set out to lose weight, but eat well! I bet your doc will say its ok to not lose or gain very minimal amounts of weight.

As for lc- people do it while pregnant, I couldn't! I was so sick early on and then just could never get into it.

Good luck and congrats!!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #1614
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Quote:

Help!

Good luck! If you are wanting another baby I think this is a great thing! I agree with others you can't always put it off until things are 100% perfect.

I didn't get a positive until the day my period was due. I tested 4 days earlier and got a negative.

I started out around 270 and my doctor wants me to really watch any weight gain, and didn't have any problems with me losing weight. They didn't want me to diet per se, but just eat healthy. I have gained about 7 pounds and I'm 29 weeks pregnant. They always give me a quick "watch the weight", but I just make sure I'm being healthy and don't stress myself out too much.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 02-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #1615

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I stayed low carb while pregnant, but it was really, really hard! I am glad I do not have to do it again. Ever!
As for the age, I was 40 when James was born.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #1616
Senior LCF Member

Welcome, Shannon!

I stayed quite low in carbs for nearly the first half of my first pregnancy. I could not find a single reliable shred of evidence that low-carbing is in any way harmful while pregnant, even being in ketosis. I did, however, find a lot of anecdotal evidence of those eating low carb often experiencing fewer of the typical pregnancy symptoms/side effects like morning sickness, swelling, etc. Not always (as suzanne can attest!), but it did seem to work for me. I had a fabulous pregnancy - I was the one other women hated because I didn't have any issues at all, and my OB said I was probably the only patient she'd ever had who said I wouldn't mind going past my due date because I really wasn't in any discomfort!

I'm now pregnant again, although SUPER early (maybe 4-5 weeks), and I am hoping to successfully low-carb the whole time with this one. I go pretty extreme, though, and do no grains, no artificial sweeteners, and no soy. I pretty much eat meats, cheeses, nuts, and veggies with a little fruit sprinkled in occasionally.

With my first, I started out at about 187 pounds and lost about 12 during my first trimester. As others have said, I wasn't intentionally losing weight, just eating as healthy as I knew how.

Last edited by jillybean720; 02-26-2013 at 06:42 PM..
Old 02-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #1617

I know a few women who stayed zero carb for their pregnancies and all had healthy babies.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #1618

I wish I could have because losing this baby weight is a Pita! Much harder this time I feel. I'm about 13 pounds from my prepreggo weight and its moving very slowly
Old 02-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #1619

Some people just lose weight easier than others. Many people could eat the exact same diet as me and would never be as thin. A lot of factors.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #1620

luvmybabyhead! I would wait until 2 days before TOM is due to test. You should have really accurate results by then. for a BFP! Try not to stress about your weight. I was overweight when I was pregnant with DS but I ate a lower carb diet and only gained 12 lbs. By the time I left the hospital, I had actually lost weight. It can be done but you have to have discipline!

jilly - I bet you are just super early too. HCG has to start somewhere so I wouldnt worry about it being low. Let us know how your numbers look tomorrow!

Not much going on here, still waiting for O. Ive been temping and DH and I are doing our part. It should be any day now.
Closed Thread