Old 02-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #1531
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
I have been trying to keep up but still super busy at work! I have also been sick, so miserable but there's just no staying home right now. Hoping to recover a bit this weekend. Typical me, good eating habits have gone out the window. Being sick, pregnant and swamped at work have left me barely clinging to life.
Take care of yourself girlie. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #1532
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Aaaaand Ben and I both have pink eye! He has it in both eyes, and I have it in my left. I've never had it before. It's gross :P And trying to get eyedrops in a 10-month-old's eyes? ARGH!

I had been planning to go into the office today since I've been home the past 3 days sick, but now Ben can't go to daycare, and we are both highly contagious. We were at the urgent care this morning when they opened at 8am (I was going to call his ped, but I figured I'd just get us both checked out at the same time). I'm tired from the extra cleaning (washing everything we wear, my pillow cases, Ben's blankets and sheets and stuffed animals, Ben's solid toys need to be disinfected, wiping down surfaces, constantly washing hands or using hand sanitizers...), but trying to save my husband from the same fate!
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 02-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #1533

Gallery: pocahontas
Jilly - that sux! DS has had pink eye twice in his life. You are no longer contagious 24hr after starting the drops so you and Ben should be totally fine by tomorrow, its amazing how fast the drops work. I have to have DH hold DS down while I put the drops in his eyes, it is not easy! Fingers crossed he doesnt get it again anytime soon, its been a while. It's terribly inconvenient to have to wash and disinfect everything too.

Not much going on here, TOM is still hanging around. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! We are taking DS to the Zoo and will likely get our annual passes. The weather here has been sunny, warm and gorgeous so Im looking forward to the 3 day weekend.

Last edited by pocahontas; 02-15-2013 at 12:02 PM..
Old 02-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #1534

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Aaaaand Ben and I both have pink eye! He has it in both eyes, and I have it in my left. I've never had it before. It's gross :P And trying to get eyedrops in a 10-month-old's eyes? ARGH!

I had been planning to go into the office today since I've been home the past 3 days sick, but now Ben can't go to daycare, and we are both highly contagious. We were at the urgent care this morning when they opened at 8am (I was going to call his ped, but I figured I'd just get us both checked out at the same time). I'm tired from the extra cleaning (washing everything we wear, my pillow cases, Ben's blankets and sheets and stuffed animals, Ben's solid toys need to be disinfected, wiping down surfaces, constantly washing hands or using hand sanitizers...), but trying to save my husband from the same fate!
OH NO! Poor thing!

Hope it goes away soon and you can both be back to your routine asap!
Old 02-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #1535

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Just checking in! James is ten months old and into everything hese days. A very happy baby. Just like me, he loves meat! He used to love eggs, but not this week. He should be walking at the end of the month. YEA!
Old 02-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #1536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Jilly - I hope Ben and you are feeling better by now! I just saw the latest. That sounds miserable!

Andi- The Zoo sounds like fun! We live only about 20 minutes from the St. Louis Zoo, so we usually go a couple times each spring-fall. I can't wait to take Connor for his first trip to the Zoo, even though I know he won't care! ha ha

Suzanne - I can't believe he is 10 months old already! That is exciting that he is getting so close to walking around!

I took my last pill in the Z Pack today and am feeling so much better!

DH's mom struck again in being a disappointment. He asked her if she still had his grandma's rocking chair when we first found out we were pregnant. She said that she had been saving it for him and would gladly let us have it for the nursery. Fast forward to now.. about 23 weeks later! She called last night and asked him to come visit today and said he could get the rocking chair too as she was nervous to move it in her truck. She lives about an hour away.

DH drove up there today and she was acting weird about the chair. Well, it finally came out that she didn't actually have it! She allowed her newest husband's niece, no blood relation, to borrow it and they haven't been able to get it back. She said they were suppose to bring it back this morning, but then didn't. DH was hot about it all and so disappointed. It is so hard because he keeps trying to have a relationship with her, but she keeps doing stuff like this.

I don't know why she wouldn't have just waited until it was for sure back in her possession before having him drive there!

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 02-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #1537
Senior LCF Member

I think I may actually venture out of the house tomorrow to do so me much needed grocery shopping! My throat STILL hurts a bit (since Monday, so a week now!), but my eye is just a little pink - the swelling is gone, and there's no discharge during the day, just a little bit overnight.

Ben's eyes look much better today, but still keeping up with the eye drops every 3 hours while we're awake. And administering the drops to him is still the hardest part!

I did some reading online and verified that we're no longer contagious after using the antibiotic drops for 24-48 hours. As long as his eyes continue improving, I plan to bring Ben to daycare on Tuesday. I'll give him drops in the morning and then again that evening just to be safe. I NEED to be able to go to the office on Tuesday - I haven't been in since last Monday!

Ben is finally just starting to get some interest in trying to pull himself up to standing. He's 10 months, 3 weeks old and is on the slower end for most milestones, but nothing significant enough to indicate any kind of disability or anything. I assume he will not be walking by his first birthday since he's not even standing or "furniture cruising" yet. My mom says I didn't take my first steps until the day after my first birthday, so I guess he's taking after me!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #1538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so glad both of you are feeling better! Hopefully, you will be able to get some shopping done and get back into the office.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #1539

Jilly, lots of my friend's babies are at the same level. They all progress differntly. James found a boz of diapers and uses it as his walker everywhere, lol. Why do I bother buying toys?
H has been getting hives on his face during the day. I thought it might be the food, but now I am thinking it is part of the teething process, due to my google research!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:31 AM   #1540

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
My son was late with everything. He didn't crawl until late ad wasn't walking until 15 months.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #1541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had my 27-28 week appointment/check up today! Everything went well. The doctor is beyond pleased with my three hour glucose numbers. She said my body reacted so well that my numbers hardly moved at all. She said they are some of the lowest numbers she's seen in general from anyone lately! So, I'm happy with that!

They still want to do monthly ultrasounds to check size, since I'm overweight and it is harder to tell without a peek. I was disappointed at first, but realized that is really just two more. I just don't want an excessive number of ultrasounds, or them playing a guessing game with baby's size.

She didn't have me schedule anything yet. She said to talk to them again at my 29-30 week appt. My follow up ultrasound apparently hadn't even hit my file yet. She thought my last one was in December. That's a bit frustrating! That was one reason she said to go ahead and hold off. I called a few times to make sure my blood test go there, but didn't think about making sure the ultrasound made it.. since I went to one of their affiliates!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #1542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
I had my 27-28 week appointment/check up today! Everything went well. The doctor is beyond pleased with my three hour glucose numbers. She said my body reacted so well that my numbers hardly moved at all. She said they are some of the lowest numbers she's seen in general from anyone lately! So, I'm happy with that!

They still want to do monthly ultrasounds to check size, since I'm overweight and it is harder to tell without a peek. I was disappointed at first, but realized that is really just two more. I just don't want an excessive number of ultrasounds, or them playing a guessing game with baby's size.

She didn't have me schedule anything yet. She said to talk to them again at my 29-30 week appt. My follow up ultrasound apparently hadn't even hit my file yet. She thought my last one was in December. That's a bit frustrating! That was one reason she said to go ahead and hold off. I called a few times to make sure my blood test go there, but didn't think about making sure the ultrasound made it.. since I went to one of their affiliates!
So glad your 3 hour numbers were so great! Thats awesome! Keep up the good work momma!

I had my 36 week appointment this week, the midwife says it feels as if baby is head down, but facing out. Sure hope she turns around soon! I want to have this baby soon and a sunny side up baby is known for staying in longer, having longer labors, more painful labors and to cause more tearing.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 AM   #1543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
So glad your 3 hour numbers were so great! Thats awesome! Keep up the good work momma!

I had my 36 week appointment this week, the midwife says it feels as if baby is head down, but facing out. Sure hope she turns around soon! I want to have this baby soon and a sunny side up baby is known for staying in longer, having longer labors, more painful labors and to cause more tearing.
Thank you! I think it felt especially good, because they expected my numbers to come back awful from the beginning!

I hope your little one turns around for you soon!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:57 AM   #1544

Quote:

This was my son- 10 days late and showed no signs of coming on his own. 24 hours of labor, 2.5 hours of pushing. Rough!! I hope your little one turns

Yay Suzie! Glad things are going so well

My peanut is doing MUCH better. Almost a different baby. Now to get her sleeping for more than 3 hours at a time!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #1545

ladies!

How are all the sickies doing?

Suzie - Great GTT!!! That is awesome!

Lori - I hope your LO flips. I was with my BFF when she had her daughter and she was sunny side up, it was a long and painful birth and she had an epi!

TOM left over the weekend and I am temping and planning and ready to get busy with this baby making stuff.

Thanks for putting up with my pity party last cycle. I love that I can come and rant here and you ladies all understand. Its been a wild ride but I am so grateful for the friendships we share here.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #1546

Andi no problem! You can rant to us anytime! Love having you here and looking forward to the day you post pictures of a new baby! It WILL happen!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #1547

Quote:
Andi no problem! You can rant to us anytime! Love having you here and looking forward to the day you post pictures of a new baby! It WILL happen!
Thanks sista! I know in my heart that it will happen too, I am just not a very patient person when I want something so badly.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #1548

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Thanks sista! I know in my heart that it will happen too, I am just not a very patient person when I want something so badly.
I know what you mean.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #1549
Senior LCF Member

Suzie - awesome on the glucose levels! 28 weeks...final trimester!!

Lori - I hope baby turns around for you! Ben was head down facing back for forever, luckily, but I have read of others having this trouble and how it can cause more back labor pains. Turn, baby girl, turn!

DP - glad to hear your little girl is doing better! Sorry if I missed it, but did you pinpoint an issue, or think maybe she just grew out of her fussiness a bit?

Andi - we're all entitled to a pity party every now and then. This whole process - TTC, pregnancy, newborn care - is so emotional, even when things are going well, let alone when we face hurdles!

AFM - Ben's eyes still make some yellow crust when he sleeps. I CAN NOT keep staying home from work, so I'm just giving him the eye drops 3 times per day now (in the morning, when I get him home from daycare, and at bedtime). His eyes are fine when he's awake, though, so MUCH improved. HE and I both have a rough lingering cough, though. My throat still hurts, so I'm still taking Tylenol multiple times a day. It's been more than a week of sore throat now, but I confirmed with the doc yesterday that even my throat culture hey sent out came back negative for strep, so there's not really anything they can do about it.

I've started planning Ben's first birthday! His birthday lands on a Sunday next month, but since my family has to come in from out of town and likely drive home on Sunday, we're having the party on Saturday afternoon, just some friends and family at our house. Some people go crazy and hire a photographer, rent a hall, invite hundreds of people...he won't remember it, so I'm not going to go crazy. I just did an online Evite because I'm terrible at keeping track of people's real addresses! His party will have a monster theme (which is the theme of his bedroom), and we already have monster party paper plates, paper cups, napkins, tablecloth, and 1st birthday monster bib, all of which my mother has been collecting since he was born!

OH, and Ben has learned how to get around more in our house. Our living room is sunk down a step, so he's always been pretty well trapped in the living room. Until two days ago. He has learned how to climb up the step, s now he gets into the dining room and the kitchen, which means moving dining chairs around, playing in the dogs' water bowl, playing with my husband's shoes by the back door...I let him climb around when I can watch him closely, but if I'm doing other things (like making dinner or laundry or whatever), then I block off the opening to the dining room with a play yard fence thingy.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #1550

I'm glad we can be an outlet andi. good luck this month

Jilly- the doctor just said she has a sensitive stomach. I'm feeding her less but more often and she's very content. I think she probably is growing out of being fussy too, but the feeding helps.

So now here's my new problem...she is way too attatched to me! I had a meeting tonight and she screamed the whole 2 hours I was gone. Poor dh was a ball of stress when I got home. And he did great trying everything. She is just only comforted by me. I hope she grows out of this quick!
Current 12/7: 98.0
Goal: healtHy and fit
Old 02-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #1551

Jilly yay on the party! That sounds like fun! Love the theme!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #1552

I'm in so much pain tonight I want to cry. Been having lots of pressure in my crotch for weeks. Especially when I sit on something hard then stand up. Went today for my last pedicure/manicure and some relaxation. Left there barely able to walk. My body did not like their fancy chairs. SO much stinking pain! I seriously just tried an ice pack!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:46 AM   #1553

Disney, I had the same issue with my older son. He totally lost it whenever I left. It took him a few years to outgrow it.On the other hand, James is totally fine when I leave. It makes my life so much easier!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #1554

Oh I had that pain Lori try a warm bath.

Yeah it's difficult because dh feels he can't comfort her, and he can't! And I feel I can't go anywhere. I hope she gets past this. I'm trying to put her down more and get her used to being without me
Old 02-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #1555
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm in so much pain tonight I want to cry. Been having lots of pressure in my crotch for weeks. Especially when I sit on something hard then stand up. Went today for my last pedicure/manicure and some relaxation. Left there barely able to walk. My body did not like their fancy chairs. SO much stinking pain! I seriously just tried an ice pack!
Oh, yuck! I agree with DP's suggestion of warm baths. I LOVED taking baths in my last trimester. So relaxing. I would settle down in the tub with a pillow rolled up to rest my head on and read one of my baby books
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Yeah it's difficult because dh feels he can't comfort her, and he can't! And I feel I can't go anywhere. I hope she gets past this. I'm trying to put her down more and get her used to being without me
Your poor DH - he must feel so helpless! And how stressful for you to feel like you can't go anywhere. What you're doing makes sense with the putting her down more and such. I honestly don't know what else you could do. Is she still taking a pacifier at all? I also remember reading that some babies are very comforted by mother's scent so to maybe leave a shirt you've worn with her. I have done this for Ben when he's not sleeping well for some reason, and it did seem to help, oddly enough!

AFM, today marks day NINE of sore throat I was running low on our pink eye eye drops yesterday, so I put some in my eye in the morning yesterday and then stopped and only gave them to Ben for the rest of the day. My eye was fine for two days, so I figured I'd be safe. But then I woke up this morning with my eye stuck shut with gunk Ben still has some yellow discharge from his eyes when he sleeps, too. So, off to the clinic again this morning (my third trip there in less than a week and a half). We got some new drops - different prescription this time because doc said we both should have been cleared up within about 3-5 days (yesterday was day 5). Hope these ones work, and we get this ickyness gone for good! Doc did confirm, though, that we're not contagious since we've been on the antibiotic drops for so long, so I'm at the office, and Ben is at daycare. My daycare provider even said she would give him eye drops during the day, which is awesome - I wasn't sure she'd be up for that! He's supposed to have them every 3 hours when he's awake, so leaving him for a 7-hour stretch at daycare with no drops wasn't going to fly for me. I'm so thankful to love my daycare provider; makes life a little easier.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #1556

She does take a paci jilly, but only sometimes, and not when she's screaming. She was so worked up last night when I was gone that dh actually called me, which he knows not to do when I'm in a meeting. We both feel bad. I do like your idea of leaving a shirt. It's worth a try next time!

I managed to get her to sleep in her swing today. She doesn't really like it much so I moved it today to be facing the tv and she seemed better in it. Maybe if she can get used to that it will help.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #1557
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Hey guys,

Was hoping you could give me some help with my maternity leave. I copied and pasted this from my post in the Dave Ramsey thread on the playground:

Well I just found out that the 6 weeks of maternity leave at 60% salary I thought I got is actually 30 days of unpaid leave followed by 2 weeks of leave at 60%. I am shocked. I have no idea what we're going to do. Apparently since I have a short term disability policy and not a maternity policy they are allowed to begin my 30 day elimination period the day I deliver and not start paying me benefits until after that time. But, your 6 weeks of leave also begin when you deliver. Leaving you with 2 weeks of paid leave (well 60%).

Has anyone ever heard of this BS type of insurance policy?

Ok now off to read through how ya'll have been doing.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #1558

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
Hey guys,

Was hoping you could give me some help with my maternity leave. I copied and pasted this from my post in the Dave Ramsey thread on the playground:

Well I just found out that the 6 weeks of maternity leave at 60% salary I thought I got is actually 30 days of unpaid leave followed by 2 weeks of leave at 60%. I am shocked. I have no idea what we're going to do. Apparently since I have a short term disability policy and not a maternity policy they are allowed to begin my 30 day elimination period the day I deliver and not start paying me benefits until after that time. But, your 6 weeks of leave also begin when you deliver. Leaving you with 2 weeks of paid leave (well 60%).

Has anyone ever heard of this BS type of insurance policy?

Ok now off to read through how ya'll have been doing.
I'm so sorry for this. I have no clue what you should do. Since I own my own business I had to save save save to take time off
Old 02-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #1559

I dunno. I'm doing State Maternity leave, which is a total of 10 weeks I believe. 4 weeks before my due date and 6 after. At a 40% pay! Since I'm on leave now, and hubby just so happens to be on unemployment (his work is very seasonal and should pick up again in a month or two) I went today and applied for WIC. Since it's based on monthly income and not annual, we were able to qualify with basically both of us out of work. Can you look into the WIC program in your area to help with food expenses? They will also help with formula cost after you deliver.
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 02-22-2013, 05:16 AM   #1560

I have my 6 week postpartum appointment today. Where is the time going?
Closed Thread