Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #1501
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
BFN over the weekend. Im crushed. Expecting TOM today or tomorrow, on to the next cycle. I know this was only my second cycle post m/c but its heartbreaking nonetheless.

I also had a horrible weekend diet wise so back on plan today and will continue to focus on that. I would love to get 10 more lbs off this month so here we go!!!
I'm sorry!

I don't want to give false hope, but was that the first day you could test? I tested on a Saturday, because it should have been a few days after the first day I could have tested and got a BFN. I was so upset. Then, my period was due Wednesday. It was usually there first thing in the AM. When I got home from work Wed it still wasn't there so I tested again and BFP.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #1502
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
I'm sorry!

I don't want to give false hope, but was that the first day you could test? I tested on a Saturday, because it should have been a few days after the first day I could have tested and got a BFN. I was so upset. Then, my period was due Wednesday. It was usually there first thing in the AM. When I got home from work Wed it still wasn't there so I tested again and BFP.
I typically test on 11 DPO since I only have a 12 or 13 day LP. Ive always gotten a positive on 11 DPO if I was pg. I know you arent technically out until TOM shows but that was pretty much the nail in the coffin for this cycle for me.

I told DH I would give it 6 cycles and if nothing, we seek help. It took 6 months to get pg last time but I have since turned 35 and my patience is running thin. This has been a very difficult process.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #1503
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
I'm sorry, Andi I think I'll be out this cycle, too, since I feel like I'm getting hit with a cold or something. My head is filling up, my back and joints are stiff/achy, and my throat hurts I assume I'm ovulating today or tomorrow, but sex is SO far from my mind when I'm feeling like this!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #1504

Oh jilly, there is some nasty stuff going around thats for sure! I hope you shake it quickly!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #1505

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
BFN over the weekend. Im crushed. Expecting TOM today or tomorrow, on to the next cycle. I know this was only my second cycle post m/c but its heartbreaking nonetheless.

I also had a horrible weekend diet wise so back on plan today and will continue to focus on that. I would love to get 10 more lbs off this month so here we go!!!

So sorry. *hugs*
Old 02-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #1506

Good morning ladies!
We had our 35 week conference with the midwives and my support team yesterday.
They went over all the details with us, my doula, and those that I will be having at the birth. They gave us a kit to take home that includes, those blue absorbant pads(to put in the car if my water breaks), some post partum pads, panties, the bulb syringe for the baby, a amniostick ( so if my water breaks at home, I can test and make sure it was indeed that and not something else), Lots of "goodies". LOL. Just makes this all feel so much more real.
I can't believe I'm possibly only 1 week away from meeting our baby!
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 02-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #1507

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Good morning ladies!
They went over all the details with us, my doula, and those that I will be having at the birth. They gave us a kit to take home that includes, those blue absorbant pads(to put in the car if my water breaks), some post partum pads, panties, the bulb syringe for the baby, a amniostick ( so if my water breaks at home, I can test and make sure it was indeed that and not something else), Lots of "goodies". LOL. Just makes this all feel so much more real.
So exciting!!
Old 02-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #1508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good morning ladies!
That is so exciting! I can't wait to see pictures!!

Well, I have a call into the dr's office. I pretty much completely lost my voice last night and still can barely talk today. My throat is sore and I've been coughing like crazy. I'm worried I got strep from my nephews. I'm waiting to see if they want to see me or if they are calling something in for me. I'm taking it easy on the couch today.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #1509
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Lori I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to "meet" baby Rose

Suzie, I hope you get well soon!

Andi, I know exactly what you're going through. TTC is a emotional rollercoaster. And when it drags on like it has for us, it gets pretty exhasting. If your insurance covers it, it might be worth getting some basic testing done now. That might give you some piece of mind knowing everything is working as it should.

AFM, I’m still on plan and exercising. I didn’t chart this cycle, but I can tell I ovulated (or I at least tried to) and I should be getting AF in the next week or so. The PMS camps have arrived, along with their friends increased hunger and cravings. I plan to start temping again next cycle.

Baby Boy born 10/11/13

Last edited by CARLINI; 02-12-2013 at 09:50 AM..
Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #1510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The doctor office continues on their winning path. I called at 9:00 this morning. I intended to call when they opened at 8, but was too out of it and sound asleep. I woke up at 9 and made myself get up and call. They said they were glad I called and would get right back to me. At 11, I called them back. At first they seemed to have no clue I called. I had to explain 2 times who I was (I know I can barely talk, but it was frustrating). Then, they got me through to someone who said oh yeah we called you in a z pack.. how on earth was I suppose to know this without a call back? My mom would have went and picked it up for me a few hours ago if I'd known when she was coming through town. Luckily, DH gets off early today and is picking it up for me in a few minutes, so I won't have to get changed and leave the house. Frustrating!

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 02-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #1511

Thanks for the support ladies.

Lori - I cant wait to meet baby Rose either!!!!

Suzie - Get well soon!

Carlini - I told DH we will go in after cycle 3 which will be this cycle that I am waiting for TOM to show any minute. Originally I had said we would give it another 6 mo but I dont think I want to. We did get pg once so that has to be a good sign, right? I think I will reach out to my doc and see what she thinks. She seemed to think it was great that we got pg within 6 months last time and was confident we would get pg again soon after the loss. I just cant take this anymore!! Maybe I need to grow up and be patient.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #1512
Senior LCF Member

Suzie, man, I really hate your doc's office! I hope your actual doctor (as opposed to the admin/office staff) is amazing, because I probably would have changed practices by now otherwise

I might head over to an urgent care tonight. I "worked from home" today (did some work this morning, then crashed on the couch for a few hours) because my throat is killing me and everything just...hurts. I'm achy, my ears hurt, my head hurts, my back hurts, my jaw hurts, my neck hurts...I thought with the sore throat I was just coming down with a cold, and Ben has been coughing, so I figured I caught his bug, but I am not congested. I can breathe through my nose just fine and feel no chest congestion, so I'm not sure what's going on. I almost passed out at the grocery store last night - I was standing at the prescription counter, and everything started going black, I got cold, and everything sounded muffled or very distant. It was scary! I leaned against the counter for a minute, then went and sat on a bench in the front of the store until I felt up to walking out to my car. I actually sort of accidentally stole the plastic basket I had my items in (I did pay for my items at the prescription counter) because I just tossed it in my car in an urgent effort to get home I got home and checked my temp, glucose, and bp, but all were normal (by then, anyway - major symptoms were gone).
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 02-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #1513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I really do love the doctors at this office, or I would be looking elsewhere. I'm planning on bringing up the issues at my doctor appointment on Monday. I believe I'm meeting with the main doctor in the practice too, so it will be a good appointment to talk about it. I need to write some concerns down ahead of time, or I'm sure I'll forget the specifics on the spot!

I hope you are feeling better soon as well. It sounds a lot like what I have going on. My throat started feeling ticklish Sunday night, and I started coughing Monday afternoon with sore throat and lost voice Monday evening. Tonight I had a time of feeling ten times worse (sore all over/ throat hurting worse). It has seemed to level out again now. Hopefully you got seen and got some medicine.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:43 AM   #1514

I'm sorry you are all under the weather. Don't pass it to me!

Stella had a rough patch last night. She is usually very good at night so I guess I can't complain.

I think I'm going to have to resign to the fact that we have kind of a difficult baby. She just cries a lot and isn't easily soothed unless she is attatched to my boob. We isn't one of those babies who falls asleep in your arms unfortunately
Old 02-13-2013, 06:08 AM   #1515

Oh man ladies! Sorry so many of you are sick. Suzie I hope that Z pack does the trick!
Jilly, let us know how you're doing!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:09 AM   #1516

Came home yesterday and told Dh "I bought a baby outfit" He rolled his eyes! We have so much clothes it's nuts!
But this one thing I couldn't resist, it was only $3.50 at Walmart...it says "My first Easter". She's due two weeks before Easter, so most likely, we'll get a chance to use it. And if not, it was only $3.50! lol
Old 02-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #1517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Came home yesterday and told Dh "I bought a baby outfit" He rolled his eyes! We have so much clothes it's nuts!
But this one thing I couldn't resist, it was only $3.50 at Walmart...it says "My first Easter". She's due two weeks before Easter, so most likely, we'll get a chance to use it. And if not, it was only $3.50! lol
That is a great deal and how fun, since it will most likely be her first holiday ever! DH works at a store. He is receiving manager, so he is the first one to see things come into the store. He is way worse than me at picking things up all the time! I'm completely tamed down clothes wise, because we have already three full drawers and a box of clothes ( a lot of pass me downs from my nephews along with some new), ranging from 0-3 months to 12 months. He comes home with something multiple times a week though! I just smile and let him go, because I know it is just him showing how excited he is for May!

Thanks for all the well wishes.
Well, I feel like death warmed over. I was awake from 1-4:30 am last night just feeling miserable. I'm not much better this morning, but at least passed out for a good solid four hours. I didn't even hear DH's alarm or him getting ready for work. I'm hoping this medicine kicks in soon.

Jilly - How are you feeling today?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #1518

image.jpg

Here's a smile for all you sickies
Old 02-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #1519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How sweet and I love her little Valentine's Day outfit as well.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
How sweet and I love her little Valentine's Day outfit as well.
She's got a better one for tomorrow. This was from mil. I love girls clothes
Old 02-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #1521
Senior LCF Member

OMG, DP, that photo is so precious!

I did go to the urgent care last night. Flu test was negative, and quick strep test was also negative, but s went and took another swab to send out for a culture, which will take 2-3 days for the results. Today, my fever seems to be pretty much gone, but my throat is still killing me to the point it hurts to talk, my ears still hurt, and I'm still very sore/achy all over, especially in my neck and joints. I even rang the doorbell at my daycare this afternoon because knocking on the door (which is what I usually do since that's less likely to wake up a sleeping child if anyone is napping) actually hurts my knuckles. They didn't give me any meds last night; just said it's likely a virus that just has to run its course. And I can't take anything OTC for the aches and pains other than Tylenol because I'm allergic to all NSAIDs (so no Aleve, Advil, Aspirin...just Tylenol).

Ben was very fussy at daycare today, and I'm just hoping he doesn't feel anything like how I feel. It's so hard when they can't tell you if their throat hurts o ears hurt or anything. He's actually been coughing noticeably less today than the past couple days, so I was hoping he'd be getting BETTER, not worse! I give him some infant Tylenol in his last bottle of the night, but I don't like to give it to him all the time. He had a dose at daycare today, too. I sure hope it helps him more than it helps me.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #1522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hopefully, you feel better soon, and Ben too.

I'm still feeling pretty yucky. I did get up the energy to shower and throw our sheets in the washer. I'm hoping DH doesn't get it. I don't want to pass it back and forth. He's been keeping his distance, so hopefully I'll be the only one to get it and we can get it out of the house right away. Once I get a little more energy I'll lysol and bleach wipe the places I've laid around the most.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:12 AM   #1523

Hoping you ladies are feeling better soon! Big hugs and prayers your way!
I'm not 100% over whatever bug I had 3 weeks ago, still coughing up stuff and have to use breath right strips and my vaporizer to sleep at night. But mostly I feel pretty "normal". Not sure what Normal even is any more though!

Last night was the last of our classes to prepare for baby! Breastfeeding, I really enjoyed the class.
Gotta get my bag packed this weekend and pick up any other supplies we are going to need when she arrives. Tomorrow is my last day at work, and I just know I'm going to bawl my eyes out!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:17 AM   #1524

Happy Valentines Day!

image.jpg
Old 02-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #1525
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
DP I love the pics

Andi I'm sure everything is fine. Call your OB and get an opinion on testing, but what I'm finding is most OB's don't know jack about fertility. Will your insurance cover an appt with a RE? I'm all for natural, but I'm losing my patience. I really want them to give me something to make the next BFP come faster. Something for you to consider...

Nothing new to report here. Diet and exercise are still going great. I'm down 10 pounds since I started 3 weeks ago.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #1526

Ladies - I hope you are all feeling better!

DP - your pics are so adorable!!!!

Carlini - I have HMO so I may need a referral from my OB but Im not positive. You are allowed to seek your own GYN physician so long as they are in your network so maybe I dont? I will have to look into it. Congrats on the 10lbs, you are rocking it!!!

TOM came yesterday, I had a 13 day LP which is nice, I am typically 12 or 13 days. We will give it a good go this cycle and in the meantime I will look into my bene's and see what my options are. DH reminded me again last night to be patient. That was only my 2nd cycle post m/c and our bodies need time to recover. I did carry that pregancy for 11 wks before I passed it so maybe he is right.

Last edited by pocahontas; 02-14-2013 at 11:33 AM..
Old 02-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #1527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: VictoriaLynn
Stats: 5'2'' 366.4/284/130
WOE: BistroMD
Start Date: January 21, 2013
Havent checked in a for awhile. Working on losing weight so I can hopefully get pregnant! 33.2 lbs gone so far total!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #1528
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
I have been trying to keep up but still super busy at work! I have also been sick, so miserable but there's just no staying home right now. Hoping to recover a bit this weekend. Typical me, good eating habits have gone out the window. Being sick, pregnant and swamped at work have left me barely clinging to life.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #1529

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaLynn View Post
Havent checked in a for awhile. Working on losing weight so I can hopefully get pregnant! 33.2 lbs gone so far total!
Old 02-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #1530
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am feeling semi human again today. I made it to work. I started to feel a bit better through out the day. I think moving around helped. I have traded my sore throat (mostly, some is still clinging) in for a horrible runny nose. I don't know which is worse! I hate being a constant drippy faucet.

I called the Dr. office today and my blood work was back. I didn't get official numbers yet, but they said that everything looks great! I'm happy with that news!

I hope everyone else is feeling a bit better as well!
Closed Thread