Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 06:05 AM   #1471
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Oh no Suzie! Hope you don't catch it.

I'm exhausted this morning. Attempted the formula in the middle of the night and I think it may have backfired. She was so content she was wide awake for almost 2 hours! She's starting to coo so dh thought it was amusing she was using 2am to show us. I wasn't so amused! I'm going to try one more night and see if last night was just a coincidence. I'd really love more than 2 hours at a time to sleep, though I won't domain much because she does at least eat and go right back to sleep usually, and she Almost never cries in the middle of the night.
Current 12/7: 98.0
Goal: healtHy and fit

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #1472

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
I was told today that my 6 year old nephew has strep, and it seems like my 4 year old nephew is coming down with the same.

This. A day too late. I ate after the 6 year old yesterday and kissed all over the 4 year old.

Here's to hoping a vitamin a day keeps the doctor away!
uh oh!
If you're into it pound the herbal remedies. I've had clearance from my midwife for some that the OB's don't allow. And they've saved me from a few colds already! Elderberry syrup, Vit C and Echinacea.

When I went in with my really bad cough almost two weeks ago (the one that never goes away til I get antibiotics) they gave me their group b strep cure to start taking, to see if that would get rid of it. And....it has!

I take Vit C, Echincea, zinc, and probitiocs, in a very specific amount every day. Supposed to do it for 2 weeks.
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #1473
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Suzie
I hope I don't get it either! I don't know much about herbal remedies. I do usually boost my vit C intake though when I'm starting to feel something coming on.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #1474
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/296/140
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Not much to report here. I'm still lowcarbing, and losing. Today marks 2 weeks of no coffee and no artificial sweeteners for me. This is a huge deal. I don't think I've gone more than a day in my adult life without a several cups of regular or decaf coffee in the morning.

Suzie I'm praying you don't come down with it!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #1475
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Debbie, 2 weeks without artificial sweeteners is great! I gave them up for about the first half of my pregnancy, but my protein values started slumping, so I started protein supplements again, and I couldn't find any I liked without artificial sweeteners. They're hard to get away from! I now use erythritol and a little liquid stevia when I make my own stuff at home, but anything processed/packaged usually uses sucralose or my beloved aspartame-filled diet sodas

Suzie, sending healthy vibes your way! I take vitamin C, probiotics, and zinc regularly (probiotics 4x per day, C and zinc each 2x per day). I have no idea if it really helps or not, but I did go about 2 years without getting so much as a cold...until I had my son, and he started bringing some germs home from daycare :P

Lori, my son's head is on the small size. He has been measuring all along smack dab average (50-55th percentile) for height and weight, but his head circumference measurement hangs out more in the 30-38th percentile. No biggie as long as it keeps growing to stay in that range. And I had a super easy delivery - literally only pushed through I think two full contractions - so maybe a small head IS a good thing at this point!

Andi, temp still up is a good sign (I believe - I'm no expert at this temping business!), so still got my fingers crossed you caught that egg!

DP, I'm glad she's a good sleeper. That SAVED me with my son. He was sleeping through the night at 4 months and wasn't picky about where he would sleep (pack n' play, crib, on my chest on the bed, in a Boppy in our bed between us, in a Boppy on the floor or on the couch, in a "travel bed" when I had to fly to CT...). Made life a little easier since I had a lot unexpectedly happening very soon after he was born.

As for me, still just truckin along. I'm staying VERY low in carbs, and my scale has been friendly, though somewhat slow. I'm down to 189 as of this morning, and it's always nice to break a new "decade" mark I was around 185-187 when I found out I was pregnant with Ben, so I'm getting there!

I've been temping every morning still, and my temps have become a bit more consistent, typically between 96.2-97.2, so I'm hoping it will be obvious enough to me when I spike for ovulation. Assuming I ovulate

I also finally made an appointment with an OB/GYN for an annual exam since it's certainly been more than a year since my last pap. Luckily, the yellow discharge seems to have been an isolated occurrence, so I'm not too worried about it anymore. Also, since I've moved and changed jobs, I needed to find a new OB/GYN practice, and I found one SUPER close to my work and home, which will make life much simpler than my first pregnancy when we conceive and have appointments all the time. Assuming, of course, that I like them!
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 02-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #1476

Gallery: pocahontas
Debbie - That is awesome! I cant give up the splenda in my morning coffee but I split one packet between 2 cups. Obviously, I havent given up my coffee either but 2 cups in the morning is my limit. When I was pg with DS, I asked my doc if I had to give it up and she said since I only drink 2 cups, it was fine. She then told me I would lose my taste for it anyway. I left there thinking yeaaaaah right! BUT, she was right. A few weeks later the taste of coffee made me and I didnt have any until months after DS was born.

Suzie - the bug didnt catch you!

jilly - thanks for the positive thoughts!

I am so happy we are all doing well on LC and hanging in there! I am feeling good despite what the scale does so it keeps me motivated.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #1477
Thick and Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I'm down to 189 as of this morning, and it's always nice to break a new "decade" mark I was around 185-187 when I found out I was pregnant with Ben, so I'm getting there!
Good work!

Avoiding AS 100% of the time is near impossible. I've been really good for two weeks, but I may not be so anal about it in the furture. Andi, I also lost my taste for coffee when I was pregnant. After the MC when I started craving it again, I switched to decaf. Not everyone needs to avoid it, but I'm doing everything I can to increase my odds. Plus, I was just drinking way too much of it, and dumping tons of splenda in it. The break has been good for me.

Last edited by CARLINI; 02-07-2013 at 11:52 AM..
Old 02-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #1478
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm so excited for the follow up u/s today, it has been a frustrating road to get to it! I called to make sure everything is set up. Of course, my dr's office hasn't faxed the order over yet! They were supposed to do it Tuesday. I'm so frustrated with them right now and will be telling my doctor as much next Monday at my appointment. I'm going to call them when they get back from lunch at one and get it all straightened out. Luckily, it only takes minutes to fax things, but I shouldn't have to be tracking this all down! It should have been done on Tuesday.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 02-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #1479
Thick and Delicious

Suzie that would make me mad! I would mention it at your next appt. Hopefully they'll shape up after that.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #1480

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Suzie that would make me mad! I would mention it at your next appt. Hopefully they'll shape up after that.

I only use stevia usually but I do use a touch of sf creamer in my coffee... Which I never gave up. 1 cup of regular a day or you don't want to know me!

So I called today to bring Stella back to be checked. I just feel something isn't right. She cries almost constantly, and not just a smal cry, she screams. She's only content about 30 minutes a day. I'm really thinking something isn't right and want to talk to someone about it. I don't think she is colicky because she's not crying THAT much, and she can be consoled eventually. Dh said we were just spoiled with our perfect son, which may be the case, but ill feel better after I talk to someone. So fingers crossed, we go tomorrow at 11
Old 02-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #1481
Blabbermouth!!!

He is definitely a boy! We got a clearer look/shot today! He is a stubborn little thing already, was not making it easy on the ultrasound tech! He was curled in a ball and had one hand behind his head! She kept poking him and even had me lay on my side at one point. Everything is looking good though and that all that matters! He is about 1 lb 13 oz right now. She said he is measuring a couple days behind the due date, but that she couldn't get a really good measurement of the head with his position. She wasn't concerned though!

Thought I would share something I made with you:
Old 02-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #1482
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post

I only use stevia usually but I do use a touch of sf creamer in my coffee... Which I never gave up. 1 cup of regular a day or you don't want to know me!

So I called today to bring Stella back to be checked. I just feel something isn't right. She cries almost constantly, and not just a smal cry, she screams. She's only content about 30 minutes a day. I'm really thinking something isn't right and want to talk to someone about it. I don't think she is colicky because she's not crying THAT much, and she can be consoled eventually. Dh said we were just spoiled with our perfect son, which may be the case, but ill feel better after I talk to someone. So fingers crossed, we go tomorrow at 11
I think it never hurts to check in with the doctor if you are feeling uncomfortable about something! I'm sure they will understand as well. I hope the visit goes fantastic!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #1483

DP - She certainly sounds colicky to me. If so, there really isnt much you can do about but wait it out. DS was colicky his entire second month of life. Seriously! It was in the evening only but it was for an entire month and it literally stopped overnight. It was like one night he cried from 4-9pm as usual and the next night he didnt. Anyway, I called the doc, took him in, etc. There was nothing wrong. Another thought, maybe she has an allergy that is causing reflux? Dairy is a common one which means you will have to cut it out and switch her formula. Hang in there! Let us know what the doc says.

Suzie - I it!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #1484

Aww love it Suzie!!! He's perfect already!!

I don't think she has colic.. She doesn't cry enough, I don't think anyways....I feel it is her stomach or reflx or something.. I don't know..the spitting up and coughing has me concerned. I hope I get answers either way!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:58 AM   #1485

Jilly I'm so glad to hear that your delivery was easy! Thats exciting to think she will come out easier with a small head!

Andi, I drink more coffee now then I ever did non pregnant! My job is to blame though, not pregnancy. And I drink mostly decaf these days. I wish my desire for it would go away.

DP that def sounds like acid reflux to me. My friends baby had it bad. Try keeping her upright or in a mostly upright position for an hour after feeding. I hope you get it figured out with the doc. It sucks knowing that something is wrong.

Suzie! LOVE THE U/S pics! beautiful! Congrats!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #1486
Senior LCF Member

Heading down to my mom's tonight with Ben. My husband is staying home, which I don't love, but I DO love not having to bring our dogs with us! My BIL is Chinese, so they do a big Chines New Year celebration at my sister's house every year. I've been fabulously low-carbing, but this weekend will include countless homemade dumplings. And Beano and Gas-X. When I have been "off" of flour for an extended period, it makes me super gassy when I eat it again
Quote:
I called to make sure everything is set up. Of course, my dr's office hasn't faxed the order over yet! They were supposed to do it Tuesday. I'm so frustrated with them right now and will be telling my doctor as much next Monday at my appointment. I'm going to call them when they get back from lunch at one and get it all straightened out. Luckily, it only takes minutes to fax things, but I shouldn't have to be tracking this all down! It should have been done on Tuesday.
I am seriously annoyed with your doc's office, and I don't even go there! They seem to jerk you around so much. THEY are supposed to be the professionals and know what they're doing
Quote:
Dh said we were just spoiled with our perfect son, which may be the case, but ill feel better after I talk to someone. So fingers crossed, we go tomorrow at 11
I hate to think there is anything wrong, but at the same time, I hope they can pinpoint something so it can be resolved!
Quote:
He is definitely a boy! We got a clearer look/shot today! He is a stubborn little thing already, was not making it easy on the ultrasound tech!
heh, I remember when I went for ultrasounds, Ben was head down back facing out, curled up. They had a hard time doing certain measurements let alone checking the sex! But at least he stayed head down for pretty much the entire second half of my pregnancy - no chance of being breach, here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Try keeping her upright or in a mostly upright position for an hour after feeding.
I second this. Also, if she normally sleeps in a crib or bassinet flat, see if you can either incline the mattress slightly or even try one of those Fisher Price Rock n' Plays (despite the name, they are often used for - and safe for - sleeping and keep the baby at a slight incline). Our pack n' play mattress has an extra zipper that holds one end of the mattress up at a slight angle at the bassinet level. I wasn't the one who put the bassinet together, so I didn't know about it, but that's how he slept (unintentionally) for the first two months!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #1487

It looks like we have a baby with a little bit of a sensitive stomach. Not surprising since my son is lactose intolerant. The doctor said to only feed her when she's hungry (duh right but I've been making sure to really give her good feedings since she wasn't gaining) and not any more. He thinks when she's had too much she gets an upset stomach..and then she spits it up, is cranky, etc... We go back in 2 weeks to make sure she is still gaining ok. She's 8.2 pounds now at 5 weeks so she's gained about 3oz in the last 2 weeks. It's slow but it's something.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #1488
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Heading down to my mom's tonight with Ben. My husband is staying home, which I don't love, but I DO love not having to bring our dogs with us! My BIL is Chinese, so they do a big Chines New Year celebration at my sister's house every year. I've been fabulously low-carbing, but this weekend will include countless homemade dumplings. And Beano and Gas-X. When I have been "off" of flour for an extended period, it makes me super gassy when I eat it again

I am seriously annoyed with your doc's office, and I don't even go there! They seem to jerk you around so much. THEY are supposed to be the professionals and know what they're doing

heh, I remember when I went for ultrasounds, Ben was head down back facing out, curled up. They had a hard time doing certain measurements let alone checking the sex! But at least he stayed head down for pretty much the entire second half of my pregnancy - no chance of being breach, here!
Your weekend plans sound amazing and yummy!

Yes, very frustrated with it. I will be talking to the doctor about the secretaries .. for lack of being able to think of their term.. and also giving kudos to their office manager, who was very kind and understanding.

He was head down last time, at 20 weeks, and butt down this time. He was basically folded in half with his head and feet up by my belly button. He is facing up also. He had one arm hidden behind his head even. She kept poking him and having me move around to try to get him to move, but I guess he was just too comfy. Even though it looked like a super uncomfortable position to me!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #1489
Blabbermouth!!!

My glucose test went smoothly today. I should be able to call the dr office later this week to find out results. I could wait until my appointment on the 18th, but I'll be too anxious. I didn't realize they would be drawing blood four times! I thought it was once at the start and once at the end. The ladies were amazing though! They got each time on the first stick, which is very rare for my veins! I got a lot of reading finished! Hoping for good results!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #1490

Good luck Suzie!!

Stella has been amazing today. I'm hoping this is a good sign and we are figuring out her tummy stuff
Also learned that she like white noise! She was getting really fussy because she was tired so I went to give her a bath, and the running water out her to sleep before I even got her clothes off! Going to buy a noise machine tomorrow
Old 02-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #1491

Quote:
Good luck Suzie!!

Stella has been amazing today. I'm hoping this is a good sign and we are figuring out her tummy stuff
Also learned that she like white noise! She was getting really fussy because she was tired so I went to give her a bath, and the running water out her to sleep before I even got her clothes off! Going to buy a noise machine tomorrow
If you have a smart phone there are tons of apps with white noise.
I was told babies really enjoy white noise because that's what it sounds like in the womb.
I have to have white noise to sleep most of the time, and have several ways to make it. My air purifier, fan, phone, and I bought a cute little baby toy that plays music and has a white noise option. It's made for babies and is found in the baby section at Target.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #1492

I used an app on my phone last night and she put herself to sleep with it! I've seen those toys o I'm going to get one so that I don't have to give up my phone!

Next step now, getting her to sleep for longer than a 3 hour stretch.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #1493

Quote:
I used an app on my phone last night and she put herself to sleep with it! I've seen those toys o I'm going to get one so that I don't have to give up my phone!

Next step now, getting her to sleep for longer than a 3 hour stretch.
WOOHOO glad it worked!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #1494

35 weeks today!
I had a dream last night that she was already here. Ugh I can't wait to hold her in my arms. These next few weeks better go by fast!
Old 02-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #1495

They are going to be antagonizingly slow Lori! Trust me

We went and bought an actual noise machine. It plays music and white noise and has a timer and night light. They had the toy ones but I don't feel they were loud enough. She's napping right now to the sound of the ocean
Old 02-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #1496
Senior LCF Member

Ben still sleeps with white noise. When he was sleeping in our room, we always kept the tv on, so he had that background noise. My boss at my last job gave me a little projector/noise machine. The projector has since stopped working, but the white noise has been used ever since we put Ben in his own room. I have a little portable one that I got at Bed Bath and Beyond that I bring with us to my mother's. He can sleep without it now, but I prefer he has the white noise so I don't worry so much about making noise when he's in be (his bedroom is just down the hall from the kitchen).

I ate a bunch of carby stuff this weekend, and now my tummy is all gurgly. I will be glad to get back to eating better tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #1497

Quote:
They are going to be antagonizingly slow Lori! Trust me

We went and bought an actual noise machine. It plays music and white noise and has a timer and night light. They had the toy ones but I don't feel they were loud enough. She's napping right now to the sound of the ocean
Feels like the first part went by so fast and now everything is in slow motion.
One more week of work to get thru, then I can breath!

Glad you got one you like, I hope it helps!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #1498

My brother used a noise machine with my niece and I never understood it. I do now! She's sleeping in the pack n play with my phone right now. She's was difficult this morning, overtired. When she's overtired she's very difficult.

image.jpg
Old 02-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #1499
Senior LCF Member

DP, that's such a cute picture of big brother and little sister together

I'm learning so much with this BBT business. I have been tracking my temps and finally had a few minutes to go and do some reading about it this morning. The first thing I discovered is that I run cold My temps are consistently in the mid 96s (96.2-96.7) and was actually 96.0 this morning. I also learned that some women have a temp drop when they ovulate, followed by the typical temp increase after ovulation, so I'm giving that 96.0 from this morning the major side-eye since that's the lowest temp I've had so far. We'll see if a temp increase happens in the next day or two.

See, told you guys I'd be obsessing with this temping stuff

Poor Ben had a rough weekend. He's usually such a great sleeper, but apparently that's only true if it is uninterrupted. Friday night, we got to my mom's around 11:30pm, and he was asleep, but he woke up when I brought him in from the car and didn't go back to sleep until 2am Then on Saturday night, he fell asleep in the car on our way back to my mom's from my sister's, and, again, woke up when we brought him inside around 9:30pm and didn't go back to sleep until about midnight followed by another wake-up at 2:45am. My weekend has left me very tired! Luckily, he slept all night last night, though he had some trouble falling asleep initially, but he was asleep by 9:30pm.

Happy Monday!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #1500

BFN over the weekend. Im crushed. Expecting TOM today or tomorrow, on to the next cycle. I know this was only my second cycle post m/c but its heartbreaking nonetheless.

I also had a horrible weekend diet wise so back on plan today and will continue to focus on that. I would love to get 10 more lbs off this month so here we go!!!
Closed Thread