Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #1441
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Hurray Ravens!

I was craving a pb&j sandwich so bad last night for some reason, but I refused to cave to having grains. So, I found a coconut flour bread recipe and made it, but it took so long to bake that, by the time it was done, I just went to bed :P
Anyone have one of those quick microwave "bread" type recipes you like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Well Stella had 3oz formula and is eating again 2 hours later! She was very content after the bottle but it didn't last long
But it's normal for them to eat frequently so young, whether it be formula or breastmilk. She might also be coming up on a growth spurt.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #1442
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
I make a flax muffin in the micro, takes 1 minute.

1/4 cup ground flax
1 packet stevia or splenda
sprinkle cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 egg
2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
mix dry ingredients, then wet. mix together. nuke for 1 minute.
I've left out the cinnamon and sweetener and added garlic for a more savory taste.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #1443

Gallery: pocahontas
Hi ladies!

DP - DS ate every 2 hrs until he started solids. He always had 4-6oz of breastmilk at a time too.

Lori - how is your back feeling?

jilly - I dont like any of the breads but there is a coconut flour biscuit that I enjoy with breakfast occasionally. Its very fast cooking in the microwave. Ill see if I can find the post and link it for you.

AFM, Im 5 DPO and will test on Saturday before we head out for the weekend. We are going to see my inlaws who are only a couple hrs away so not bad. Im dying over here though! Hoping this is our cycle!

Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #1444

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Maybe I'm just not remembering my son eating so much all the time. I was hoping that the formula would keep her for at least 3 hours. At least she was content for those 2 hours! Either way I'm going to keep that evening bottle and in a few days add one later morning. I'm going to keep her doing that until her 2 month checkup I think.

I'm also starting to get a bit more milk when I do pump so I have a small stash going which is good.

AND my weight is still creeping down slowly but surly.
Current 12/7: 98.0
Goal: healtHy and fit
Old 02-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #1445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Well, my doctors office just called today and they are going to have to cancel my appointment for this Thursday for the follow up ultrasound again, due to family emergency of the ultrasound tech. I got through to an office manager. I let her know I completely understand things happen, but I'm frustrated with their lack of a back up plan. She said their back up plan is to send us to the imaging center. I told her that is fine and all, except my insurance will not pay for me to go there so it would cost me $180 minimum, rather than the $25 at the office.

She is calling her supervisor to see if they can get the rest written off if I go to the imaging center, so that it will cost the same as the office. She said she completely understands my frustration with having to change my work schedule multiple times and wants me to get the u/s done since it is something I need, rather than it getting put off again. I will hear back from her tomorrow at the latest. Fingers crossed she can get this set up so it is all behind us!

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 02-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #1446

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post

Lori - how is your back feeling?

AFM, Im 5 DPO and will test on Saturday before we head out for the weekend. We are going to see my inlaws who are only a couple hrs away so not bad. Im dying over here though! Hoping this is our cycle!
Not good. Still in lots of pain, it's been over a week!

Praying this is it for you!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #1447
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Andi I'm rooting for you!
Lori I hope you feel better soon!

Diet and exercise is ridiculously good here. We have our first appt with the RE on 3/8. We'll be TTA until then. Which is pretty easy to do considering I won't see my husband until 2/22.

Last edited by CARLINI; 02-04-2013 at 03:23 PM..
Old 02-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #1448
Senior LCF Member

Count me in as an Andi cheerleader!

Suzi, that is SO frustrating! I hope they get something worked out for you. I do have a flexible work schedule, but I still hate the inconvenience of planning around something and then having it changed, especially multiple times, and especially something that NEEDS to be done!

Debbie, what's TTA?

I was hoping this cycle would be good to go for us - I've been temping, and we've been DTD about every other day since my period stopped, but I just went to t bathroom a while ago and noticed white discharge and thought it was awful early in my cycle for that. Then when I wiped, I noticed yellow. Google says yellow discharge is likely some sort of infection/vaginitis. I have no pain or itching or anything, but I'll keep an eye on it. I should actually probably go get an annual gyn checkup anyway since I haven't had a pap smear since before Ben was born, and he's 10 months old
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 02-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #1449
Thick and Delicious

Trying to avoid (pregnancy)

Yellow...hum I've never seen that. Keep an eye on it.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:07 AM   #1450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
Well, my doctors office just called today and they are going to have to cancel my appointment for this Thursday for the follow up ultrasound again, due to family emergency of the ultrasound tech. I got through to an office manager. I let her know I completely understand things happen, but I'm frustrated with their lack of a back up plan. She said their back up plan is to send us to the imaging center. I told her that is fine and all, except my insurance will not pay for me to go there so it would cost me $180 minimum, rather than the $25 at the office.

She is calling her supervisor to see if they can get the rest written off if I go to the imaging center, so that it will cost the same as the office. She said she completely understands my frustration with having to change my work schedule multiple times and wants me to get the u/s done since it is something I need, rather than it getting put off again. I will hear back from her tomorrow at the latest. Fingers crossed she can get this set up so it is all behind us!
How frustrating!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:15 AM   #1451

image.jpg
Old 02-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #1452

image.jpg

Happy 1 month Stella Grace!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #1453
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Happy 1 month Stella Grace!
I love the monthly pictures!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #1454

My mom made these wooden letters up until 1 year I never did them with my son but I wish I had.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #1455

Awww, DP she is gorgeous! She looks like she is going to have lovely long legs!

Still fighting the LC battle, I am really proud of myself for being on plan for a month now. Too bad I am only down 11 lbs and the scale keeps bouncing but wont budge!

I am 6 DPO today and (TMI alert!) feeling very wet down there. I remember feeling this way when I was pg with DS but I am trying not to read to much into it. This stuff will drive ya crazy!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #1456
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Still fighting the LC battle, I am really proud of myself for being on plan for a month now. Too bad I am only down 11 lbs and the scale keeps bouncing but wont budge!
11 pounds down in a month is great! I have been eating well for at least three weeks now and am only down maybe 5 pounds. Gotta keep reminding myself it's about health, not just weight...
Old 02-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #1457
Thick and Delicious

Stella is ADORABLE!

Yesterday I was struggling with diet. I came home, ate dinner, then went to my MIL's and ate a second dinner. I kept it all induction friendly, but I ate way too much food and wanted to keep eating. Today is looking much better.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #1458
Thick and Delicious

11 pounds is great Andi! When I start up on plan again, I lose fast the first few weeks, then my weight stays the same for several weeks. After the pause, I dump a bunch of weight again quickly. It would be nice to see a loss every week, but even if you don't see it on the scale, you're still losing. So keep it up! Oh and I can relate to the cycle analysis psychosis. Try to keep your sanity. That BFP is coming sooner or later. I guarantee it.

Last edited by CARLINI; 02-05-2013 at 11:23 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #1459

Thanks guys!

Carlini - oh, and I have days like that too where I can just eat and eat and eat some more.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #1460

Thanks guys! I hope she has long legs but I doubt it. I'm only 4'11 and dh is 5'10. She's still very skinny which is why she looks long. She is doing great though. Starting to coo

11 pounds is awesome andi!! I'm on and off plan here..hoping one day it just sticks! I'm down over 20 pounds since Stella was born last month.
I'm exercising again too which is nice. Got in a good 3.5 mile run today
Old 02-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #1461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

They figured it out! I get to get my follow up ultrasound on Thursday finally! Only two weeks later than they originally wanted. I am going to their sister location, in the same town, who will only charge me the $25 I would pay at the doctor office! Thank goodness! I'm so glad I won't be dealing with this scheduling issue anymore!

Disney Princess - that picture is adorable! What a cute idea!

Andi - fingers and toes are all crossed for you!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #1462

Great news Suzie!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #1463

DP I love the picture! Beautiful!

Congrats Suzie! That's awesome!

Andi congrats on the 11 pounds!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #1464

Had my appointment with the mandatory Perinatologist today (it's been 6 weeks since my last visit) Baby Rose is 5 pounds 12 oz (I'm 34 weeks) he's still expecting her to be in the upper 8 pound range. My blood sugars are doing great! He said to keep it up! Baby's head is a little small but in the normal range, and tummy is a little large, but in the normal range. I keep joking that God is keeping her head on the small side to help me out with no epidural!
My next visit isn't til I'm 38 weeks, so if I make it to that appt, It will probably be my last! Since I'm paying cash for this guy, that's a great thing!
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 02-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #1465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Had my appointment with the mandatory Perinatologist today (it's been 6 weeks since my last visit) Baby Rose is 5 pounds 12 oz (I'm 34 weeks) he's still expecting her to be in the upper 8 pound range. My blood sugars are doing great! He said to keep it up! Baby's head is a little small but in the normal range, and tummy is a little large, but in the normal range. I keep joking that God is keeping her head on the small side to help me out with no epidural!
My next visit isn't til I'm 38 weeks, so if I make it to that appt, It will probably be my last! Since I'm paying cash for this guy, that's a great thing!
Yay! That is awesome that you had such a good visit and that everything is going so well! I don't think I'd mind hearing "small side, but normal" when talking about the head! Better than woah what a big head!
Old 02-06-2013, 04:50 AM   #1466

Lol Suzie. That made me laugh!
I'm glad everything is going well Lori!

Both my kids are still sleeping so I'm taking advantage of the quiet. I'm thinking of adding an ounce of formula to one of Stella's night feedings to see if she'll sleep a little longer. Right now she's up exactly every 3 hours. Every few nights she might go 4. It's tiring though because we are up an hour feeding and getting back to bed so I feel like by the time I fall back asleep I'm getting right back up!
Me and dh determined yesterday that we already have a littLe diva on our hands she's a good baby but high maintanance. Girls
Old 02-06-2013, 06:05 AM   #1467

Quote:
Lol Suzie. That made me laugh!
I'm glad everything is going well Lori!

Both my kids are still sleeping so I'm taking advantage of the quiet. I'm thinking of adding an ounce of formula to one of Stella's night feedings to see if she'll sleep a little longer. Right now she's up exactly every 3 hours. Every few nights she might go 4. It's tiring though because we are up an hour feeding and getting back to bed so I feel like by the time I fall back asleep I'm getting right back up!
Me and dh determined yesterday that we already have a littLe diva on our hands she's a good baby but high maintanance. Girls
Aww, little diva. Isn't a trip how each baby can be so different?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #1468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Aww, little diva. Isn't a trip how each baby can be so different?
She is totally different than my son! She cries more but sleeps better, and seems more independent already since she can put herself to sleep usually. She does however have the loudest cry ever for a little baby! She wants to be heard
Old 02-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #1469

Lori - So glad everything is going well! I cant believe you are 34 wks already!

DP - Love your little diva!

Not much going on here, still hanging at 11 lbs down. My temps are up and I am 7 DPO.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!

I spoke with a friend of mine on fb last night. We both got pregnant around the same time and had the same due date. She announced it on FB right away and I sent her a PM congratulating her and telling her that we had almost the same due date but I wasnt comfy announcing it just yet. Come to find out, we both lost those pregnancies. I had been thinking about her and wondering why she hadnt mentioned it. She is always very open about these things on FB. Well she lost her pregnancy almost right away and is now 9 wks pregnant again! I am very happy for her but also sad that I am not there yet. Holding out hope that this happens for us soon.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #1470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was told today that my 6 year old nephew has strep, and it seems like my 4 year old nephew is coming down with the same.

This. A day too late. I ate after the 6 year old yesterday and kissed all over the 4 year old.

Here's to hoping a vitamin a day keeps the doctor away!
Closed Thread