Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #1411
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Hahaha. Looked up the ergo and it isn't made for people as short as me!! I think ill try to find a used moby and hope I can use it.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 05:43 AM   #1412

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
I'm buying and hopefully baby will like it, a Ring Sling. Seems the best thing to accommadate my weight. So if she doesn't like it I won't feel like I wasted a lot of money.

Midwife appt went well yesterday. Heart beat sounded good. Still being kept up all night with a bad cough, and my tail bone is slowly recovering from my fall.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #1413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Okay, so I got things to work out as best as possible with the change. I talked to my boss today and was actually able to cancel my personal day for Thursday. I felt bad for the sub, but at least I won't be "wasting" a day!

I went ahead and took a sick day for next Thursday which was going to be a half day anyways. So, I will be "saving" half a day on my paid days off and won't have to stress about if they call me early because they have a lack of people making appointments.

The only thing I'm worried about at this point is DH most likely won't be able to make it. His work is a little more rigid in how the schedule is set up. He is going to check and see if he can pop out for an hour though.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 01-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #1414
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Brooke is just now starting to enjoy the baby bjorn. I strap her in facing outward and we walk around the house, look out the windows, help dad make dinner, do laundry, etc. She also loves looking at her clothes in her closet. The weather is too sketchy to take her outside yet (michigan) to enjoy the scenery.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #1415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
Okay, so I got things to work out as best as possible with the change. I talked to my boss today and was actually able to cancel my personal day for Thursday. I felt bad for the sub, but at least I won't be "wasting" a day!

I went ahead and took a sick day for next Thursday which was going to be a half day anyways. So, I will be "saving" half a day on my paid days off and won't have to stress about if they call me early because they have a lack of people making appointments.

The only thing I'm worried about at this point is DH most likely won't be able to make it. His work is a little more rigid in how the schedule is set up. He is going to check and see if he can pop out for an hour though.
I'm glad things are starting to work out! I hope DH is able to figure out his work schedule too. That whole thing really sucks!
Old 01-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #1416
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
My husband's work schedule has never been as flexible as mine. I think he only came to one appointment with me during my pregnancy, and that was the one where we found out the sex of the baby. I was flying solo for all other appointments. It will be the same way next time I'm pregnant unless he changes jobs again, which is doubtful.

I have a meeting on Friday morning in Maryland, so I might be away on Thursday night. It will be my first night ever away from Ben. I'm not sure how I feel about it - I might just get up and leave at 6am so I don't have to be away overnight!
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 01-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #1417

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
My husband's work schedule has never been as flexible as mine. I think he only came to one appointment with me during my pregnancy, and that was the one where we found out the sex of the baby. I was flying solo for all other appointments. It will be the same way next time I'm pregnant unless he changes jobs again, which is doubtful.

I have a meeting on Friday morning in Maryland, so I might be away on Thursday night. It will be my first night ever away from Ben. I'm not sure how I feel about it - I might just get up and leave at 6am so I don't have to be away overnight!
OH wow! Good luck with being away. I fear that day!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:11 AM   #1418
Senior LCF Member

Nope, I'm just going to leave early tomorrow morning

I must have been holding onto some major water weight despite having been pretty low-carb for the past couple weeks. In doing just protein shakes and non-caloric beverages with a low-carb dinner since Monday, I'm down to 191.5 from 197 on Monday morning I've been tracking my intake and am not starving myself - I add oil to my protein shakes for fat and am still taking in 1500-2000 calories each day. I had planned on doing this for a week, but if I can hold out, I may keep it up longer. Or maybe just do it a few days a week or something. I think my body really likes the high bioavailability of the protein in the shakes.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:28 PM   #1419

Quote:
Nope, I'm just going to leave early tomorrow morning

I must have been holding onto some major water weight despite having been pretty low-carb for the past couple weeks. In doing just protein shakes and non-caloric beverages with a low-carb dinner since Monday, I'm down to 191.5 from 197 on Monday morning I've been tracking my intake and am not starving myself - I add oil to my protein shakes for fat and am still taking in 1500-2000 calories each day. I had planned on doing this for a week, but if I can hold out, I may keep it up longer. Or maybe just do it a few days a week or something. I think my body really likes the high bioavailability of the protein in the shakes.
That's awesome! Keep up the good work!
Old 01-31-2013, 04:47 PM   #1420

Gallery: pocahontas
Hi ladies! Sorry I have been MIA lately but I am swamped at work!

Im still on plan but nowhere near where I wanted to be by now. The weight is really not wanting to come off! On a positive note, I had a temp rise yesterday so I think I O'd and we had fabulous timing so fingers crossed! I'll be back later to catch up and see how you are all doing.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #1421
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
On a positive note, I had a temp rise yesterday so I think I O'd and we had fabulous timing so fingers crossed!
Fingers crossed for you!!

I have started temping from day 2 of my cycle (the morning after my period started), and my temps already vary quite a bit, ranging from 96.2 up to 98.3. I'm not sure if I'll recognize a spike if/when it happens! Oh, well, just gonna keep doing it and see what happens.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:10 AM   #1422

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Hi ladies! Sorry I have been MIA lately but I am swamped at work!

Im still on plan but nowhere near where I wanted to be by now. The weight is really not wanting to come off! On a positive note, I had a temp rise yesterday so I think I O'd and we had fabulous timing so fingers crossed! I'll be back later to catch up and see how you are all doing.
good luck!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #1423
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Yeah Andi! Fingers crossed you got that egg!

Suzie: Glad you guys got it worked out the best that you can. I am pretty surprised that they have moved things like that on you. It's called an appointment for a reason, people!

Jilly: Nice work on the weight loss! I am always losing in "whooshes" on LC. Sounds like you are doing great.

DP: How is little baby Stella? Has she been keeping that weight on? My girlfriend was just saying the other day how her little girl was a bit of a lazy nurser, always taking forever and just wanting to suck. She said it was a problem because she was only getting the foremilk and never the "good" stuff that comes later in nursing. After she found a paci she liked for in between feedings baby was able to nurse more efficiently while she was on the boob and get all the good stuff out. Not sure if this has been mentioned before because I need to go back and read!

Things are going great here. Keeping up with yoga but had a NUTSO week at work and didn't get my cardio in, only on Monday so missed two days. Will try and do some makeup this weekend but I have been pretty tired! Diet has been absolutely terrible this week due to aforementioned work/tiredness. Getting back on track this weekend with a vengeance! Grocery shopping today and picking up all my good healthy foods.

Last appointment was Thursday, I am 21 weeks now and am at a net gain of 2 pounds. Which is up 2 pounds from last time, so about 0.5 pounds/week, right where I wanted to be at. I've got a good little baby bump going now! I am actually looking pregnant
Old 02-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #1424

I think I figured out my fasting blood sugars! Either what I've done this week by accident is working, or something has changed!
Every night this week I've ate low carb all day then had a carb at dinner (having it at bedtime snack didn't work) At dinner I'll have corn tortilla, or low carb tortilla, or something a little carbier then normal without going crazy. One night I even ate a cheeseburger with the BUN! And every day this week my fastings have been between 86 and 95!
Old 02-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #1425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so excited to see baby again this week! I can't wait! DH says he can't wait to hear "it's a boy" again. ha ha Let's hope! As, I think my mom has already spent a small fortune on the nursery!

I had a spell this morning where all of the sudden I got shaky and light headed, along with warm. DH warmed me up some food, it had been a while since breakfast which I didn't eat a lot at and kept me on the couch. It passed after probably 40 minutes. I've read that it is pretty common. My mom is worried that it is something with my blood sugar. I get the three hour glucose test next weekend and will find out the results at my appointment on the 18th. Hopefully all is well.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #1426

Good luck andi!! Fingers are crossed!

Suzie- I had that happen a few times while I was pregnant. Felt like I was going to pass out! It was scary but I too heard it is common.

Sella is dong well, though I'm coming to the conclusion that she just isnt breast feeding well. She is so fussy almost always unless she is sucking me or has had some formula. It seems she is having the same issues as your friend CJ. She often falls asleep while eating or just stops swallowing. If I give her an oz of formula after a feeding she is content. (We do offer a paci and she takes it at times) I'm thinking of subbing 2 feedings a day for formula and transitioning to night time breast feeding only. Problem arises with how much formula to feed. I'm going to have to research. I don't want to give up breastfeeding but her constant unhappiness isn't good for anyone
Current 12/7: 98.0
Goal: healtHy and fit
Old 02-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #1427
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Suzie: Sounds like low blood sugar to me! I was doing terrible around 15-16 weeks, getting headaches and feeling woozy. I had to get used to eating more often. I was used to eating a really light breakfast and lunch and a small dinner, with maybe a snack after work. It wasn't enough food and it wasn't often enough. I still accidentally let it go too long and have to ask DH to bring me a snack. I'm not even hungry, but I just need a little something to keep me going!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #1428
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Sorry I haven't been here this week. Work is really busy.

Diet is going really good, and I'm being consistent with taking my vitamins. I started exercising yesterday. I used to be able to go 45 minutes strong. Yesterday I could barely do 20 minutes. I'll have to work my way back up.

DH was supposed to return home yesterday, but they're keeping him out of state until 2/22. Then when he gets back, he'll probably be out of a job. I'm trying to keep my stress level down, but I miss him, and I'm not happy about losing the bulk of our household income. I'm trying to focus on what I can control. I must keep on plan. Eating a can of frosting (yes, this is what i want to do right now), is not going to fix it. It only makes it worse.

Andi I'm praying this is your month!!

to everyone else!

Baby Boy born 10/11/13
Old 02-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #1429

Quote:
I'm so excited to see baby again this week! I can't wait! DH says he can't wait to hear "it's a boy" again. ha ha Let's hope! As, I think my mom has already spent a small fortune on the nursery!

I had a spell this morning where all of the sudden I got shaky and light headed, along with warm. DH warmed me up some food, it had been a while since breakfast which I didn't eat a lot at and kept me on the couch. It passed after probably 40 minutes. I've read that it is pretty common. My mom is worried that it is something with my blood sugar. I get the three hour glucose test next weekend and will find out the results at my appointment on the 18th. Hopefully all is well.
I've been having this problem this last week, Suddenly I'll feel shaky and light headed. I have to sit down and eat a carb and then I start feeling better. I've checked my blood sugar a few times when this happens and it's usually around 80. Low but not super low. You can always get a cheap meter at walmart or target if you want to check in and see if that's the culprit!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #1430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
Suzie: Sounds like low blood sugar to me! I was doing terrible around 15-16 weeks, getting headaches and feeling woozy. I had to get used to eating more often. I was used to eating a really light breakfast and lunch and a small dinner, with maybe a snack after work. It wasn't enough food and it wasn't often enough. I still accidentally let it go too long and have to ask DH to bring me a snack. I'm not even hungry, but I just need a little something to keep me going!
This might be it. I just have no appetite, so I don't eat a lot and then I'm full for quite a while. Maybe I need to start making myself eat a snack between meals. It is something to try. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Sorry I haven't been here this week. Work is really busy.

Diet is going really good, and I'm being consistent with taking my vitamins. I started exercising yesterday. I used to be able to go 45 minutes strong. Yesterday I could barely do 20 minutes. I'll have to work my way back up.

DH was supposed to return home yesterday, but they're keeping him out of state until 2/22. Then when he gets back, he'll probably be out of a job. I'm trying to keep my stress level down, but I miss him, and I'm not happy about losing the bulk of our household income. I'm trying to focus on what I can control. I must keep on plan. Eating a can of frosting (yes, this is what i want to do right now), is not going to fix it. It only makes it worse.

Andi I'm praying this is your month!!

to everyone else!
I'm sorry they are keeping him longer. I hope things work out for the absolute best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
I've been having this problem this last week, Suddenly I'll feel shaky and light headed. I have to sit down and eat a carb and then I start feeling better. I've checked my blood sugar a few times when this happens and it's usually around 80. Low but not super low. You can always get a cheap meter at walmart or target if you want to check in and see if that's the culprit!
It happened to me really bad around 11:30 this morning, so it had been a while since breakfast and I hadn't eaten much for breakfast. My parents have a few meters, as they are both diabetic (which is why they tested me at 10 weeks and then now again next week), so maybe if it happens more I can borrow one of their meters even to check it out.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #1431
Senior LCF Member

We went to visit family today, and they ordered pizza for lunch. I had 3 pieces. I felt overly stuffed/bloated, tired, and just generally GROSS for HOURS afterward I hate how easily I lose control in certain situations. I didn't stop as just 1 or even 2 pieces, and I didn't eat just the toppings. It's now 8 hours later, and I still feel icky. I haven't had anything to eat since then, just some diet soda and more water than usual to try to help. Blech.
Quote:
And every day this week my fastings have been between 86 and 95!
That's awesome! I'm so glad you got it worked out
Quote:
I had a spell this morning where all of the sudden I got shaky and light headed, along with warm.
I had similar issues multiple times when I was pregnant, near fainting spells. For me, it was never a blood glucose issue (I checked frequently since I have a meter) but rather likely a blood pressure drop, which is common in pregnancy. I would usually feel better after sitting and resting for a while. I can't tell you how many times I ended up sitting on the edge of the bathtub because I couldn't stay standing up for the duration of a shower!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Eating a can of frosting (yes, this is what i want to do right now), is not going to fix it.
Pfft, eating a can of frosting? Who would DO such a crazy thing?! *whistling inconspicuously*
Old 02-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #1432

Jilly, Pizza is def a hard one to resist! Don't beat yourself up. Move on and do better tomorrow!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #1433

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Sella is dong well, though I'm coming to the conclusion that she just isnt breast feeding well. She is so fussy almost always unless she is sucking me or has had some formula. It seems she is having the same issues as your friend CJ. She often falls asleep while eating or just stops swallowing. If I give her an oz of formula after a feeding she is content. (We do offer a paci and she takes it at times) I'm thinking of subbing 2 feedings a day for formula and transitioning to night time breast feeding only. Problem arises with how much formula to feed. I'm going to have to research. I don't want to give up breastfeeding but her constant unhappiness isn't good for anyone
A free container of Enfamil showed up in the mail today. Along with a guide, which also includes how much to feed.

1 month =2-3oz every 3-4 hours
2 months= 3-5 oz every 3-4 hours
3 months =4-6oz every 4-5 hours
4 months= 5-7 oz every 4-5 waking hours
5 months= 5-7oz every 4-5 waking hours
6-8 months = 6-8 oz every 4-6 waking hours
9-12 months= 7-8oz every 5-6 waking hours
Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #1434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Jilly, Pizza is def a hard one to resist! Don't beat yourself up. Move on and do better tomorrow!
I agree with all of this! Even if I'm full, if someone is having pizza it is so tempting to eat some! I don't know what it is about pizza, but it is just too tempting!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #1435
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
We went to visit family today, and they ordered pizza for lunch. I had 3 pieces. I felt overly stuffed/bloated, tired, and just generally GROSS for HOURS afterward I hate how easily I lose control in certain situations. I didn't stop as just 1 or even 2 pieces, and I didn't eat just the toppings. It's now 8 hours later, and I still feel icky. I haven't had anything to eat since then, just some diet soda and more water than usual to try to help. Blech.

I had similar issues multiple times when I was pregnant, near fainting spells. For me, it was never a blood glucose issue (I checked frequently since I have a meter) but rather likely a blood pressure drop, which is common in pregnancy. I would usually feel better after sitting and resting for a while. I can't tell you how many times I ended up sitting on the edge of the bathtub because I couldn't stay standing up for the duration of a shower!
I agree don't dwell on the pizza mistake! I know when I am dieting, if I dwell on my mistakes I think oh, I already ate that I might as well have xyz today. I would just allow yourself to move on! I know.. easier said than done!

That is what I read on the internet (which I know isn't always the best place to look for answers!) that due to the increase of blood volume it is pretty typical. It said the heart beats faster to compensate and sometimes the blood pressure will drop. I'm hoping it won't be a regular happening now. I felt awful for about an hour.

Thanks for all your support ladies! I can't say enough how I love having this place to come and chat!
Old 02-03-2013, 04:29 AM   #1436
Senior LCF Member

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! I'm cheering for the Ravens because purple is my favorite color, and I love the font on their jerseys. Yes, that is how I chose my team :P

I'll be planning out my dinner menus for the upcoming week today. I'm trying to use up what I have stocked in my freezer so I can move on to using more grass-fed beef, free-range chicken, organic type stuff, which is all apparently lower in Omega 6 than the regular stuff. I know I won't be able to afford changing over to organ everything, but I want to focus on it for meats at least.
Quote:
A free container of Enfamil showed up in the mail today. Along with a guide, which also includes how much to feed.

We didn't follow any guide, just went by how Ben was acting. If he was satisfied after a bottle, we were good to go, but sometimes he would start getting consistently fussy after a bottle (start crying when the bottle was empty), so we would bump it up an ounce or two. But looking at these suggestions, he fell in line with them almost perfectly! He currently has 7oz about every 4-5 waking hours (he's 10 months), and he stopped overnight feedings at 4 months. Babies have their way of telling you what they need
Quote:
I agree don't dwell on the pizza mistake! I know when I am dieting, if I dwell on my mistakes I think oh, I already ate that I might as well have xyz today. I would just allow yourself to move on! I know.. easier said than done!
I agree completely - I've already moved on! I had a protein shake last night and am back with it this morning. Not to get TMI here, but that pizza caused a major, umm, bathroom issue for me that I'll now be battling for at least a week I hate hemorrhoids...
Quote:
That is what I read on the internet (which I know isn't always the best place to look for answers!) that due to the increase of blood volume it is pretty typical. It said the heart beats faster to compensate and sometimes the blood pressure will drop. I'm hoping it won't be a regular happening now. I felt awful for about an hour.
Yup! The increased blood volume is also why some blood lab results get skewed during pregnancy - higher volume of blood means things get more diluted. When I was pregnant, I'd wondered at first why the blood glucose level guidelines seemed lower than for normal folks, and I think this is why (for example, most normal folks are told to keep fasting glucose below 100, but I noticed most docs telling pregnant women to keep it below 95). However, my PCP tested my cholesterol while I was pregnant, and my OB said she shouldn't have bothered because it would be skewed to look higher than it really was SO many things going on!

Last edited by jillybean720; 02-03-2013 at 04:40 AM..
Old 02-03-2013, 05:43 AM   #1437

Quote:

I've seen suggestions like these, but if I'm breast feeding at night then I'm trying to see how much less formula ill use.

For now though I'm going to go very slow as to keep my milk supply and for a few days I'm going to replace one feeding with 2-3oz. She is most fussy around dinner time so we will start there. After a few days I'm going to replace one breast feeding in the morning. I'm hoping that will help for now. I just hate to think she is fussy because she's not eating enough.

I'm doing ok eating...not 100% but enough where I'm losing pretty consistently. I hope to be down another 10 in February. I'm still so uncomfortable at this weight.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #1438

Well Stella had 3oz formula and is eating again 2 hours later! She was very content after the bottle but it didn't last long
Old 02-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #1439
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
I also had the dizzy spells and would have normal BS readings, the dr also attributed it to low blood pressure.

Brooke had 28 oz today. Usually after a piggy day she has a sleepy day so I think grandpa daycare tomorrow will be a breeze. She also laughed her first for-real laugh. It was precious! but of course I can't ge her to do it again.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:32 AM   #1440

Oh I love those baby laughs!! Cute!!
Closed Thread