Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #1291
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Thanks everyone. I wasn't prepared for how painful the process can be. I'm glad it's almost over.

They did a progesterone draw right before the miscarriage started, and even with a high dose of supps, it was only 8.8. So I'm wondering if I lost this one because of low progesterone. Either way, we plan on taking the next few months to focus on diet and exercise, and then see the RE. I KNOW in the end we'll get our baby. I really believe that.

I should have some time today to make a menu and shopping list. Induction is coming soon I hope.

Last edited by CARLINI; 01-14-2013 at 07:24 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #1292
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
image.jpg

Girls are so fun!!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #1293

Gallery: pocahontas
Lori - So glad your shower was great!

DP - Your little princess just melt my heart.

Taryl - You are doing an amazing job Mama!

Suzanne - So great to hear from you! Glad James is growing and crawling and getting to be a big boy!

Carlini - You are so right. You WILL get your baby and I am not one to say "Look on the bright side..." because that is the last thing you want to hear during a miscarriage but I do believe it is great news that you were able to conceive. That alone is huge and if it is simply a progesterone deficiency, it can be treated. We will all get our babies soon, I just know it!

AFM, Im ok. Im mourning the BFN a little but DH is so supportive and keeps reminding me that when we get that BFP, it will be just perfect. I really do love that man with all my heart!

Last edited by pocahontas; 01-14-2013 at 08:11 AM..
Old 01-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #1294
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Jilly - I know what you mean, sometimes we just have to be our own drill sergeant until being on plan becomes our default again. The best time to start is with the very next choice, you can do it!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #1295
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Attachment 47985

Girls are so fun!!
Ack! There's a flower eating her head!

She's a cutie, enjoy these sweet newborn days
Old 01-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #1296

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Attachment 47985

Girls are so fun!!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:25 AM   #1297
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
Attachment 47985

Girls are so fun!!
If I wasn't pregnant right now I swear I would have ovulated on the spot! SO CUTE!!! MIL sent some hairbows like this for Baby CJ, can't wait till she's here and can try them on
Old 01-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #1298
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Mama View Post
Jilly - I know what you mean, sometimes we just have to be our own drill sergeant until being on plan becomes our default again. The best time to start is with the very next choice, you can do it!
Wow this hit me hard. Really, really good advice.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:30 AM   #1299
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Happy to report a successful low-carb entire day yesterday. I wound up with 42g total carbs, 12g of which were fiber, for a total of 30g net carbs. I'm pleased with that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Mama View Post
ha, I JUST wrote a post the other day to a FB group of low carbers very similar to this, about how we tend to think of things in terms of only days or weeks, but it's every meal/snack/bite we have that can make a difference.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #1300
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Carlini - You are so right. You WILL get your baby and I am not one to say "Look on the bright side..." because that is the last thing you want to hear during a miscarriage but I do believe it is great news that you were able to conceive. That alone is huge and if it is simply a progesterone deficiency, it can be treated. We will all get our babies soon, I just know it!

AFM, Im ok. Im mourning the BFN a little but DH is so supportive and keeps reminding me that when we get that BFP, it will be just perfect. I really do love that man with all my heart!
I totally agree! your body DOES want to be pregnant and knows what it needs to do to get there. I had written this quote down after reading it in a book and printed it off for my husband and me to carry in our wallet after our 2nd MC. "I know we'll have a baby. OUR baby. and we know that we'll hold that child and think, "if our journey had been easy, we wouldn't have you."

Having a hard time conceiving and going through a miscarriage opens up a new world of emotions. Never having to chart, temp, judge your CM, counting your CD, thinking about your husband's coffee and cigarette habit and is he eating enough fruit?, etc... I had a lot of jealousy of the women who never had to go through a MC because you lose the joy and innocence of a happy, uneventful pregnancy. you spend everyday worrying and praying and dissecting every piece of information the dr tells you and every twitch and pain. None of my friends IRL had gone through what happened to me, so I didn't have somebody in my circle of friends who knew what I was going through. Brooke's pregnancy was filled with complete joy and at the same time, complete fearfulness.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:01 AM   #1301

Aww Krissy I can't imagine. I say my thanks everyday for my children and uncomplicated pregnancies. My heart aches for those who have troubles conceiving.

I think Stella Grace hit her 1st growth spurt yesterday. She slept almost all day only waking to eat, and last night she was up every 2 hours to eat where she was only waking once. I'm tired!!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:06 AM   #1302

Quote:
Aww Krissy I can't imagine. I say my thanks everyday for my children and uncomplicated pregnancies. My heart aches for those who have troubles conceiving.

!!
Ditto
Makes me so sad I don't even know what to say most of the time.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:20 AM   #1303
KQT

I didn't mean to sound like a debbie downer, i just totally understand where so many of you are right now in your different walks of getting pregnant!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #1304
Thick and Delicious

Thanks Krissy for sharing your experience. My take at this point - It sucks right now, but I know in the end, it will all be okay. Sooner or later I’m going to make it to the finish line.

Well, I had oatmeal for breakfast this morning. I really need a list and a trip to the store!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #1305

ladies!

I am plugging along. Sticking to LC and preparing so I dont fail! TOM reared its ugly head last night . I had high hopes for that cycle but the good news is that I did O and I did have a 12 or 13 day LP. Im happy with that. It will happen, I just need to be patient. I think I am getting sad knowing that February will be 1yr since we started TTC#2 and Im still not pregnant. Who knew #2 would be so hard? I sure didnt.

Krissy - thanks for sharing your story.

Carlini - I hope all is well and you are on the road to physical recovery. The emotional part will take a bit, I know.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #1306
Senior LCF Member

Plugging along - third consecutive day of successful low-carbing complete!

We all have our struggles in life. I know I don't understand what it's like to have difficulty conceiving or carrying to term, and I sometimes even start to feel guilty about such, which then makes me angry because I shouldn't feel guilty for something I can't control! I've had plenty of other major battles in life, though, just not directly related to conception or pregnancy. I actually assumed I would have a LOT of trouble conceiving since I only have one ovary and never had consistent cycles/periods without hormonal birth control (which I've been on for medical reasons since I was 16 and had a 10-inch ovarian cyst that killed the ovary I ended up having to have removed via emergency open surgery 500 miles away from home). I was so sure it would be a struggle and maybe even impossible for us to have kids that my husband and I actually had a talk about adoption years before we even thought about TTC. I was beyond shocked when I found out I was pregnant. It spoiled me, though, as #2 hasn't been as easy. I dunno...I'm just babbling now.
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 01-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #1307

jilly - I didnt know you only have one ovary! What a scary thing to go through at 16yr old. That is amazing that Ben came along so effortlessly, thank you for sharing.

My 3 best girlfriends each had/have their struggles in conceiving, one with multiple miscarriages (2 healthy children though!), the other with nearly 3 yrs of infertility (then 2 kids back to back) and the last one with unexplained infertility (and still no child) so I felt almost guilty with how easy it was with DS that I guess I kind of assumed the next would be too. Nobody in my family has ever had any issues so I didnt know otherwise. I did get pregnant after 6 mo but sadly it ended in miscarriage. I only hope it doesnt take another 6 mo!

Last edited by pocahontas; 01-16-2013 at 07:50 PM..
Old 01-17-2013, 06:15 AM   #1308

OMG I'm 31 weeks but my uterus is measuring 37 weeks!
Sign of a big baby?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #1309

Or sign of early delivery!!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:48 AM   #1310

Quote:
Or sign of early delivery!!
I can live with that one! As long as she waits til 36 weeks!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:32 AM   #1311
Thick and Delicious

Morning everyone.

I'm working on my induction menu/shopping list now. I'm kind of excited to get back to LC, because I think it can really help with my cycle issues (I have PCOS). I'd like to be in good shape by time we see the RE.

Lori have you had an ultrasound? Sorry if you've mentioned it but I don't remember.

Jilly congrats on the 3 days down! As I'm sure you know, the more days you get under your belt, the easier it gets.

Andi have your found another OB yet? I recall you didn't like the last one, and for good reason.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #1312

Looks like a few of us are back on the diet wagon I'm down 7 pounds since the 10th just making better choices. Ill probably switch to lc when the losses slow.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #1313

Anyone have advice? Stella will only be comforted/calm down if she's attached to my breast. 1/2 the time she isn't even eating, just sucking. She won't take a paci. She'll fall asleep on me, I'll lay her down and then she wakes up 10 minutes later. I can't have her attached to me all day, especially when dh goes back go work. My poor son is bogging to be neglected
Old 01-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #1314

Lori - probably a bigger baby but I wouldnt put much stock into those measurements. They thought DS was going to be 10-11lbs and he was only 8 and a half. My doc actually called him tiny when he was born because it wasnt what she was expecting.

Carlini - I have been doing the same, focusing on diet. I havent found a new OB yet but I certainly will soon.

DP - DS took some time getting used to his paci but we had to try a million of them before we found one he would take. The Avent ones were it! It really was a lifesaver for us. Keep trying, she will get there. DS just wanted to suck so badly that he would overeat and then throw up and he couldnt be comforted without sucking so it was vicious circle.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #1315
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Looks like a few of us are back on the diet wagon I'm down 7 pounds since the 10th just making better choices. Ill probably switch to lc when the losses slow.
That's awesome As of this morning, I'm down 4.5 pounds of what I assume to be mostly water since Sunday morning. 199.5 Sunday morning, 195 this morning. I'm very happy to get further away from that 200 mark...in the right direction! I'm staying below 40g net carbs (I only subtract fiber, not sugar alcohols or anything). Of course, I spent some time this morning reading about Omega 6s and am all freaked out about that now. We just can't win!
Quote:
Anyone have advice? Stella will only be comforted/calm down if she's attached to my breast. 1/2 the time she isn't even eating, just sucking. She won't take a paci. She'll fall asleep on me, I'll lay her down and then she wakes up 10 minutes later. I can't have her attached to me all day, especially when dh goes back go work. My poor son is bogging to be neglected
Like Andi mentioned, have you tried different pacifiers? Ben's pacifier of choice is the silicone Nuk. We'd gotten some others from friends (Avent Soothies, Avent Nighttime, GumDrops...), and they all eventually just got packed away for lack of use. Also, not a solution but maybe slightly more convenient, does she like sucking on your finger?
Old 01-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #1316
KQT

We were given Gumdrops in NICU and those are the only kind Brooke likes so far, every other kind she'll spit out. When she gets fussy but not tired I put her in the swing with a paci and (sit her in front of the tv) she's happy all on her own. How about putting bright light up objects in her view? B loves this light-up cat that came with her playmat.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #1317

After I asked here I went and searched online and I found the same thing- try different pacifiers. Thankfully I saved some from our son and we found one she took! She's been great all day!! Thanks guys
Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #1318

Quote:
After I asked here I went and searched online and I found the same thing- try different pacifiers. Thankfully I saved some from our son and we found one she took! She's been great all day!! Thanks guys
Praise the lawd!
Old 01-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #1319

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post

Lori have you had an ultrasound? Sorry if you've mentioned it but I don't remember.
:
I've had many ultrasounds, in fact too many if you ask me.
The last one was about 4 weeks ago and my uterus was still on target at that time, and they were already predicting a baby in the upper 8 pound range. My next ultrasound is Feb 5th.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:39 AM   #1320
Major LCF Poster!

19 weeks now! Will have to post another bump picture for you guys. Sometimes I'm sticking out a lot and other times my tummy still seems pretty flat. I think it depends on how much I have eaten that day! She won't be able to stay tucked in for long, I can feel my ligaments stretching out.

I need to get a will together for DH and I to make sure baby is taken care of if something bad ever happened I am getting so emotional over it! Such an awful thing to think about but it needs to be done. I think I will ask the PG for advice on it, not sure how to best set up our life insurance and if we need to set up a trust. Should probably just ask an attorney, huh?