It's a girl! I am stunned!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #1172
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post

Another baby girl in the bunch! How exciting!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #1173

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Pink!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #1174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009

Here she is! Didn't want to flip off of her belly and the ultrasound tech finally got her to turn her booty up a little and got a quick flash off the goods.

I lost a pound, making my total gain only 1 pound at 17 weeks. Dr. said to be sure not to lose any more. I feel like I have been eating a ton of food though, just healthy stuff. I did have a couple pieces of pie over Christmas and some regular soda. Baby is healthy and right on track though so that's what matters!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #1175
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Oh my goodness, someone's been sprinkling PINK baby dust around here, I see! Congrats, ladies!!

Another note on fasting blood glucose levels: carbs are not the only thing that can cause higher levels. Excess protein ca also be converted to glucose by the liver, so even if you had nothing but a bunch of protein-packed foods at the party, that still could have impacted your glucose levels. At least doc is pleased with he progress you've shown in your fasting numbers so far. Honestly, I know they wouldn't be above about 95 in an ideal world, but I personally wouldn't be looking to meds for levels that are just barely breaking 100. I think they'd have to be more like 120 pretty regularly before I got too worried about it. But that's just me and my hatred of drugs

Antibiotics, however...I had a bacterial infection in my first trimester (they didn't call it a UTI, just a "bacterial infection"), so I did do a round of antibiotics. I did my research (on both the specific antibiotic I was prescribed and the potential risks of NOT treating the infection) and decided that, for me, the benefits far outweighed the risks. After that, I took PRObiotics 4 times a day in the hopes of avoiding any more infections. I continue to take probiotics daily, and I even supplement one bottle per day with probiotics for my baby (I wasn't able to breastfeed, so he wasn't getting any from me).

SouthernCJ, I lost almost 15 pounds during my first trimester (though I was definitely overweight to start, so it wasn't a dangerous issue). I gained pretty rapidly in my third trimester, though, and then gained a bunch of weight AFTER I had him Note: third trimester was when I threw in the towel as far as diet was concerned and adopted the "I'm pregnant, I'll eat whatever the hell I want!" attitude :P

Ben had his 9-month pediatrician check-up yesterday morning and ranks smack dab in the 50th percentile for weight (20 pounds, 11 ounces) and the 55th percentile for height (28.5 inches). That's my perfectly healthy, perfectly average boy! I keep saying he's remarkably normal - certainly not out to break any records! She did also say his next two bottom teeth are going to be breaking through soon, with his top two middle teeth not far behind. No wonder he's been chewing on his pacifiers instead of sucking on them.

I think we also just finished a "wonder week" or a growth spurt or something - he'd been FIGHTING sleep for over a week as if closing his eyes was some sort of excruciating punishment. But last night, I put him to bed, and he fell asleep easily, slept all night (he had been waking up once or twice overnight), and woke up smiling. I'm happy to have my happy boy back
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 01-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #1176
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
I’ve started the antibiotics, water and cranberry juice. I hope I made the right call.

Andi ~ Fingers crossed!

CJ ~ What a WONDERFUL picture!! Thanks for sharing with us, BUT, we'll need a belly shot too.

Jilly ~
Old 01-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #1177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Quote:
Congratulations!! I told you you were mistaking your own girl vibes for mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Lori ~ Are you feeling any better? We have the cold, flu, and stomach flu going around here. No fun! Remind me again, about how many carbs a day are you eating now?

Suzie ~ I know what a boppy pillow is, but what is that flyer saucer seat looking thing? Off to google…

Andi ~ They say you are more fertile after a MC. Here's hoping it happens soon. Praying for you!

DP ~ I can't wait to meet Stella! Almost there.

I am and and but I'm SO happy to be pregnant, I actually welcome it! Because of the spotting, they scheduled an early 6 week ultrasound for January 14th. If all is well, we'll see a heartbeat then. I can tell the midwife feels it's touch and go and this point, but we'll keep hanging in there and praying the little bean sticks.

Has anyone taken an antibiotic while preg? Apparently I have a bad UTI, but I have no symptoms. The MW's office said if I don't treat it and it moves to my kidneys, it can be really bad for me and the baby. I do NOT want to take drugs during pregnancy, let alone this early. They assure me it's safe, but do they really know that? Am I overreacting?
It is just a chair that is all soft plastic/rubbery that they can sit in to play or eat. The tray goes on and off. We used them in the infant room of the daycare a lot!

My friend had to take antibiotics with pretty much all four of her pregnancies. She hasn't had any complications from them, and like you it would have been worse for her to just let it go.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #1178

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post

Lori ~ Are you feeling any better? We have the cold, flu, and stomach flu going around here. No fun! Remind me again, about how many carbs a day are you eating now?
I feel pretty good! My feet and ankles are really swollen, and of course the remedy for that is to not walk for more then 10-20 minutes at a time! I counted carbs the first few days, I was between 20-40. I just eat meat, veggies, nuts, avocado, a little cream, and cheese. My carbs are coming from the veggies, nuts and avocado. Maybe i should cut out the nuts for a while and see if that does anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Lori - I walk a ton and did when I was pg with DS too. I am convinced it helped tremendously with my BS and my BP. Hang in there, you are doing great!

:
Thanks! Trying to get more walking in. Really wanting these numbers down!

Quote:
:clap :

CONGRATS!
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 01-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #1179
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Just wanted to come check in and see if there was an update from Carlini! <3

Waiting to O on my first cycle without Clomid in the past 3 months. I suspect it might throw things off, but I'm not sure. Temping, temping, temping!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:32 AM   #1180

Morning. I was having contractions yesterday but they calmed down overnight. My mom comes in this afternoon so miss Stella Grace is welcome NOW!!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:13 AM   #1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Morning. I was having contractions yesterday but they calmed down overnight. My mom comes in this afternoon so miss Stella Grace is welcome NOW!!
WOOHOO!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:13 AM   #1182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
Just wanted to come check in and see if there was an update from Carlini! <3

Waiting to O on my first cycle without Clomid in the past 3 months. I suspect it might throw things off, but I'm not sure. Temping, temping, temping!
Good luck!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:15 AM   #1183

Ok I think I'm going to start using my other blood sugar monitor! Maybe its the monitor and not me? Wishful thinking? One morning I checked and it said 110, waited 10 seconds and it said 99. That's a big change! I have another meter and I'm going to get strips for it today and see if there is any difference. This morning the meter read 110 again, but it was 94 before, and I did 20 minutes of exercise this morning before checking it. Getting so frustrated!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:21 AM   #1184
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmm these were originally going to be for personal use only so please excuse the unkempt appearance. I don't have any before's but imagine a concave tummy. These don't look like much but they really are a baby bump for me!

14 Weeks

17 Weeks, just took it this morning. RIGHT after I woke up. Forgive my hooters shirt.

Last edited by SouthernCJ; 01-04-2013 at 06:23 AM..
Old 01-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #1185
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Ok I think I'm going to start using my other blood sugar monitor! Maybe its the monitor and not me? Wishful thinking? One morning I checked and it said 110, waited 10 seconds and it said 99. That's a big change! I have another meter and I'm going to get strips for it today and see if there is any difference. This morning the meter read 110 again, but it was 94 before, and I did 20 minutes of exercise this morning before checking it. Getting so frustrated!
That sounds like a faulty monitor to me, could your husband test his with it to see what it says?
Old 01-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #1186

Quote:
That sounds like a faulty monitor to me, could your husband test his with it to see what it says?
I'm out of strips, going to call the pharmacy to send me some for their meter and then go to Walmart and pick up some for my other meter today. I only have enough left for the next two meals.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #1187

Quote:
Hmmm these were originally going to be for personal use only so please excuse the unkempt appearance. I don't have any before's but imagine a concave tummy. These don't look like much but they really are a baby bump for me!

14 Weeks

17 Weeks, just took it this morning. RIGHT after I woke up. Forgive my hooters shirt.

Your WOE says Atkins? WOW! I know some people who would be totally sold on Atkins just based on these pics! Damn girl! You look great, and you look amazing for being 17 weeks pregnant!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #1188
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Your WOE says Atkins? WOW! I know some people who would be totally sold on Atkins just based on these pics! Damn girl! You look great, and you look amazing for being 17 weeks pregnant!
Yup! I just maintain now and enjoy a pretty high level of carbs thanks to genetics and being young. I had dropped down into OWL after my honeymoon since I had put on some weight but got pregnant before I had lost it all.

My 14 weeks picture was after pretty much no exercise and a lot of carbs (think saltines) for 2 months since I was so sick and tired. I was much leaner before I got married. Your body will burn clean on Atkins

And thanks for the compliment, you made me feel so good! Today is the first day you can really see my tummy through clothes and I was feeling a bit self conscious.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #1189

CJ - you look fab girl!

Lori - Def get that monitor checked out, you are eating so clean, I bet its the monitor.

Shana - We are in the same boat! Temping, temping. I have 2 temps above CL, if tomorrow's is high too I will have confirmed O on CD15!!!! we got the job done!

DP - Woohoo!

Suzie - I loved the boppy and DS loved the Bumbo when he was little too. Good finds!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #1190
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Yes!! I hope it's baby time soon! January 7 is my mom's birthday, so my money is on that day!

Andi: Hope you caught that egg! I'm feeling good vibes this month!

Suzie: You got some smokin deals girl! I'm jealous!

We went to the Carter's outlet by our house and they were having an after Christmas sale and I bought a bunch of stuff It worked out to about $6.50 an outfit though and good lawd are these little outfits cute. Ruffly dresses, summer outfits, tiny sweaters, tiny shoes
Old 01-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #1191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, I got another deal last night! I ended up getting a crib and changing table at Walmart. They are Carter's brand. It was as a set for $150! The crib will convert to a toddler bed and the changing table is basically a dresser for later on. I can't wait to put it together, and will probably do so too soon, because I will be the one doing it and I want to do it while I can still move around normal!

Even better, my good friend that was with me insisted on paying for $100 of it as a gift for the baby shower. She said she planned on spending that anyways and liked the idea of going in on the furniture!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crib.JPG (41.5 KB, 12 views)

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 01-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #1192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Suzie - congrats on the good deals! I LOVE a good bargain. I was lucky to have gotten our crib with mattress and attached changing table for free from a friend whose kids had outgrown it; she also gave us an exersaucer a couple months later. We got a high chair, bouncy seat, Bumbo with tray, and Mamaroo all loaned to us indefinitely from another friend (loaned since she wants to have another baby in the future, but not for a few years still). My sister handed us down a jumperoo and a big stroller. I think the only things we bought ourselves were the carseat/carrier and accompanying snap n' go stroller frame; we got a new pack n' play, diaper bag, Boppy, and glider chair all as gifts. We were extremely fortunate! The other few things I've picked up along the way, I bought off Craigslist (a Boppy Lounger) or yard sales (an infant-to-toddler rocking seat).
Quote:
Welcome to the daily frustrations diabetics face for life. I was diagnose with type 2 diabetes when I was 25...just so you know why I keep responding to these types of posts. I've done a LOT of reading/discussing/experiencing first hand...anyway, home blood glucose meters are only required to be accurate within a 20% allowable margin of error. That means if you test and get a reading of 100, your actual glucose level could be anywhere from 80-120. As annoying as it is, 110 and 99 are close enough that the monitor is likely functioning properly. Add to that the fact that blood glucose levels are not constant; since blood is constantly flowing, and the body is constantly working, two perfectly accurate tests taken within 60 seconds of one another could still vary by a few points. With all this in mind, the key is to watch for overall trends and unusual spikes or plummets.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #1193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks! My sister was going to give us a crib for free, but didn't have anything left that matched it. My nephew repeatedly tried to climb the dresser/changing table, so the drawers broke. I couldn't pass up the deal on this matching set!

My sister is giving us a really nice high chair and gave me two big boxes of clothes ranging from newborn - 2T! A lady at work said she is going to have to look through all her baby stuff to see what she can pass on as they are done. I'm so excited!

I won't be buying anything until after my baby shower, because I have a large family so people in my family usually get all their big stuff at least from the shower and a lot of the small stuff!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:02 AM   #1194

I'm going to get checked today to make sure I'm good to be induced tomorrow night. I'm really hoping they will keep me. I feel rotten
Old 01-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #1195

Good luck with the appt DP!

Ovulation confirmed this morning, on to the 2WW for me! I am nervous but we had great timing and did all we could. I will test on Sunday the 13th at 11 DPO because I am supposed to go in on Monday the 14th for some dental work and I am not sure if I can have it done if I am pg.

Suzie - LOVE the crib set!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #1196

This morning I tried my personal meter against the one the pharmacy gave me, one read 102 and the other 97. I honestly feel like I'm ready to throw in the towel. Nothing I am doing is working. Feeling like I should just go ahead, get on the meds, which will force me out of the midwife clinic and back into the hospital, for which I currently don't even have an OB. I worry that by not getting these blood sugars under control I could be hurting Rose, even though it's just the fasting blood sugar that's not where it should be. I'm so frustrated and DH hasn't been here for me to talk to and get confirmation from. I'm at a loss for what else to try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Welcome to the daily frustrations diabetics face for life. I was diagnose with type 2 diabetes when I was 25...just so you know why I keep responding to these types of posts. I've done a LOT of reading/discussing/experiencing first hand...anyway, home blood glucose meters are only required to be accurate within a 20% allowable margin of error. That means if you test and get a reading of 100, your actual glucose level could be anywhere from 80-120. As annoying as it is, 110 and 99 are close enough that the monitor is likely functioning properly. Add to that the fact that blood glucose levels are not constant; since blood is constantly flowing, and the body is constantly working, two perfectly accurate tests taken within 60 seconds of one another could still vary by a few points. With all this in mind, the key is to watch for overall trends and unusual spikes or plummets.
Thank you for posting this, I know there is a margin of error, I didn't know it was that great though! It seems almost unfair then to have patients depend on these at home meters. This just may encourage me to keep trying and not give up yet.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #1197

My typical menu:

Breakfast
crustless homemade quiche with egg, cream and veggies or 2 eggs and 2 bacon (nitrate free) Some times include avocado or sour cream.

Snack on way to work (monday thru friday)
Mixed nuts, walnuts, mac, peanuts, almonds, cashews, brazil nuts. Been skipping this snack most days lately as I'm not feeling so hungry.

At work 1 cup half caff coffee with sugar free creamer, Maybe I should switch to just heavy whipping cream in my coffee?

Snack at work (monday thru friday)
Carb master yougurt, 3-4 carbs, string cheese or carrot sticks, or grape tomato.

Lunch
Chicken salad with all low carb ingredients, some times bacon, avocado, cheese, depending on where it's from. On mondays a co worker who low carbs brings me egg salad and spinach. Or I'll have left overs from my low carb dinner the night before.

Snack after work
Cheese stick, sandwich meat, or a couple nuts. Not usually hungry at this time.

Dinner
Ground meat, veggies, tomatoes to make up my homemade chili, or chicken breast and salsa with a salad, jalaepno poppers, or spaghetti squash with ground turkey and the lowest sugar pasta sauce I can find, usually 4 carbs.

Bedtime snack
Sandwhich meat or cheese, some times a glass of unsweetened almond milk.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #1198

Went to the gym, 40 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes doing light weights.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #1199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks everyone! I got them put together (wanted to make sure it was all okay since it was such a good deal!) I really like them!

Disney Princess - I hope everything went well at your appointment. I can't wait to see pictures of that little girl!

Lori - Nice job working in the exercise! I need to get more active!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #1200
Major LCF Poster!

DP: I hope you can get some relief! Now that your mom is here I would say let's get her out!

Andi: If I were you I would just tell them to hold the x-rays, normal dental work should be okay.

Lori: Don't give up girl! You can do it. It looks like you are eating healthier than I have for the last couple months that's for sure. And exercising more too.

I was finally able to go to yoga this morning, it felt amazing to be back! My teacher is amazing and gave me all the modifications I need to do while pregnant to stay in my power yoga class. I'm thrilled! Doing her pilates/yoga fusion class on Wednesday night. Trying to work two days of cardio back in to my week. My pup needs some exercise too so I'm sure she'll be excited to hit the road again.

Do you guys know what's up with the new healthcare law and breast pumps? I was under the impression that if I order one through my doctor's office that my insurance will pay for it? Can anyone recommend a brand?
Closed Thread