Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
*sigh* I need to get into the "healthy" mindset again. I've been eating whatever lately, and it's resulted in me maintaining my weight. When I was sticking to low-carb for a week or two at a time, it resulted in...maintaining my weight. Makes it really hard to stick to it when you're not seeing the results you want! All my clothes from pre-pregnancy are still tight. I'm about 20-25 pounds higher now than when I got pregnant just over a year ago. Yuck.

I know I need to take my own advice and focus more on diet being about overall health, not just weight loss, but it's hard to see results related to health, so I think that makes it less motivating.

I'm thinking I may need to redirect and, instead of being strictly low-carb, just focus more on limiting junk and grains but still including things like fruit. If eating fruit helps keep me from the ice cream and cookies and other junk, maybe it will be worth it. For now - and then I can work on decreasing the fruit later.

I don't know. I need to do SOMEthing. I can't just keep using pregnancy/baby, moving, losing my father, etc., as excuses for not focusing on my own eating.

I'm also considering finding someone to talk to, some sort of counselor. It's been about 2.5 months, and I still cry pretty much every day about my father. I don't think I'm actually depressed, as I don't have any other symproms of depression, but I feel like it's getting harder instead of easier as time passes.

Anyway...my mom, sister, and two nieces are coming up tomorrow, so we're all going outlet shopping together on Friday (I'm actually taking Friday OFF from work!), and they will stay with us for the weekend. So I went out and bought a bunch of salad stuff so we can have home salad bar for dinner tomorrow, and I bought a bunch of fruit for snacking and to make fruit salad (and I have peanut and almond butters for dipping). I also bought almonds for snacking. I expect we'll eat out on Friday since we'll be out shopping, but I have lunchmeat and cheeses and eggs and all kinds of good stuff for the weekend. My mom and sister also need/want to lose weight, so hopefully it will be a good weekend for us to all be together.
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
no, apparently you really need the cashew butter. My friend tried. She was able to use half and half over the almond milk without a problem.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #93
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Hugs for Jilly and DP.

My bff's 3yr old little girl asked me if she could see the baby. Uhhm, not for 2 more months, darlin. She can't wait to meet her new friend.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:24 AM   #94

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Good Morning! How are you all doing?
Old 08-16-2012, 06:53 AM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Hi there!

I'm doing okay....still dealing with this sciatica but it is better than it was. I have my first non-stress test this afternoon. I hope this little guy cooperates and passes with flying colors!
Old 08-16-2012, 06:55 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
Hi there!

I'm doing okay....still dealing with this sciatica but it is better than it was. I have my first non-stress test this afternoon. I hope this little guy cooperates and passes with flying colors!
Good luck with the test!
Old 08-16-2012, 06:57 AM   #97

Just got on the scale and am thrilled!

A week before I found out I was pregnant, I went on a strict diet and lost 10 pounds. Then I stopped when I found out I was pregnant, I gained the 10 back in a week.
But I haven't gained a single pound since! So thrilled because I know I've been eating crappy carbs to deal with the morning sickness.
I have my doctors appointment next week, will be super happy if I weigh the same I did last time I was there!
At my weight I can't afford to gain a lot so early on! My clothes are def tighter though!
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 08-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #98
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Sharon ~ What’s a non stress test? GL!

Suzanne ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
want a midwife out of hospital birth if possible.
Me too! Everyone thinks I’m crazy!

DP ~ Take all the time you need. I can't imagine what you go through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I'm also considering finding someone to talk to, some sort of counselor. It's been about 2.5 months, and I still cry pretty much every day about my father.
I'm so sorry! I think seeing someone is a good idea. It will help you work through this. Regarding diet/lifestyle - well, I’m in the same boat. I know I need to do something, but can't seem to make it happen. Jump on the challenge with Andi and me. Maybe that will help.

Andi ~

We got back from vacation on Tuesday night. Had a good time, but it was a total food/booze fest. I haven't had any sugar since we've been back, and I'm feeling the withdrawal. I am not ready to start LC again. I'm just going to do it. If I wait until I'm ready; that day may never come. Or it's going to come when I'm 300 pounds again. I'm making menus today and plan on entering ketosis this weekend.

TOM is 2 days late and I got a negative HPT this morning. I "feel" pregnant, but it's probably just my mind playing tricks on me. This was our 3rd cycle trying. Because I have PCOS, I strongly believe that changing diet and lifestyle will do the trick. IT will happen for us. Someday I'll get those two pink lines

Baby Boy born 10/11/13
Old 08-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Just got on the scale and am thrilled!

A week before I found out I was pregnant, I went on a strict diet and lost 10 pounds. Then I stopped when I found out I was pregnant, I gained the 10 back in a week.
But I haven't gained a single pound since! So thrilled because I know I've been eating crappy carbs to deal with the morning sickness.
I have my doctors appointment next week, will be super happy if I weigh the same I did last time I was there!
At my weight I can't afford to gain a lot so early on! My clothes are def tighter though!
That's awesome! I know I gained 3 lbs just in the last week due to the increase in carbs, but i'm hoping it doesn't go too out of control. I really hope i can go back to LC soon so my weight doesn't skyrocket. Since I seem so hungry all the time, eating something LC would really help satisfy me longer. I can eat a whole sleeve of crackers in a 2-hour period and feel hungry shortly after! That's crazy! I feel like a carb monster.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Non stress test is where they test the baby's heartbeat and also contractions....it is very boring for mommy who gets to lay there for at the minimum 20 minutes with two belts strapped to her tummy. It's the same monitors/belts used when they monitor you while you are in labor.

Here's a link that explains it really well:
Fetal Non-Stress Test (NST) : American Pregnancy Association
Old 08-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #101

Jilly, I lost my dad this past February, so I understand how hard it is. But, if you are still crying everyday, get help.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #102

Gallery: pocahontas
jilly -

happycat - have fun at the test, they are sooooooo boring.

lori - way to go keeping that weight in check!

carlini - back! yes i know the feeling, you just have to get started and things will fall into place. planning makes all the difference for me so im sure it will help you too. wasnt your o late? that is probably why your tom is late. has your lp improved?

temp was up again today so one more and o was confirmed on tuesday. i had a couple bites of food off plan last night but got right back to it this morning. the good news is that 5 of the 8lbs that found me have since gone! i must have retained some serious water due to o maybe? is that possible? i was worried i was going to gain everything back!

menu for today:

b - coffee w/ cream, scrambled eggs in butter
l - grilled chicken over romaine w/ homemade thousand island
d - taco salads, carne asada style, with all the goodies!

Old 08-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jilly, I thought I had sent you a post, but I was having computer problems and it looks like it never got posted. So, even more coming your way. I am so sorry and can't imagine how painful it is. I hope you enjoy your weekend though!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #104
Thick and Delicious

Sharon ~ Thanks for that info... interesting I've never heard of that before.

Andi ~ LP is normally 10 days and I went 12 this cycle! I thought for sure I was PG. I'm starting to spot now so AF is coming I'm sure. The letdown each month is so hard, but I need to keep a positive attitude.

I don't have my menus done yet, but I WILL get them done today. I like to schedule the induction flu for the weekend. So I'm planning on shopping tomorrow.

Last edited by CARLINI; 08-16-2012 at 02:45 PM..
Old 08-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #105

carlini - that is awesome! hang in there. i feel your pain on the monthly disappointment. i really had to work hard to put it out of my mind.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #106

Dont forget, it took me 9 years to get pregnant!!!! I know disappointment. I just kept eating healthy and turned the rest over to God.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
Dont forget, it took me 9 years to get pregnant!!!! I know disappointment. I just kept eating healthy and turned the rest over to God.
this is exactly why i dont want to complain! we got pregnant on the second cycle with ds and this one is just taking a little longer. i know how very lucky we were.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #108
Thick and Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
Dont forget, it took me 9 years to get pregnant!!!!
Did the doctor ever give you a reason for the delay?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:21 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLiz View Post
That's awesome! I know I gained 3 lbs just in the last week due to the increase in carbs, but i'm hoping it doesn't go too out of control. I really hope i can go back to LC soon so my weight doesn't skyrocket. Since I seem so hungry all the time, eating something LC would really help satisfy me longer. I can eat a whole sleeve of crackers in a 2-hour period and feel hungry shortly after! That's crazy! I feel like a carb monster.
Carbs are getting the better of me too! I really can't wait til I can cut out the carbs. At least I'm getting better at adding back in protein.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #110

TGIF!!!

Confirmed O with my 3rd high temp today so I am happy. Now the waiting game.....

Any plans for the weekend? We arent doing much, meeting up with DH's cousins tomorrow. They had a baby in April so Im excited to see the LO. Otherwise, we will just bum around and enjoy the nice weather.

Menu for today:

B - coffee w/ cream, eggs scrambled in butter
L - taco salad, leftovers from last night
D - I told DH that I want to go out for wings and a beer.

Have a great weekend!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Did the doctor ever give you a reason for the delay?
They said unexplained infertility, but it was because I was too thin. Last summer I gained 10 pounds quickly and got pregnant right away. So, ladies. Do not let a decade go by like I did. Gain weight, lose weight, fix it now!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #112
KQT

Andi, i hope y'all got that egg fertilized and it's on it's way to it's happy place!

carlini, i'm holding on hope that it's not AF and it's implantation. i want this for you so much, pcos will not beat us!

i have been eating a lot of caesar salads with HB eggs lately for lunch, and i'm back into the grilled ham & cheese sandwiches. and mozzerella sticks, i want those too. such weird cravings. we're going out for dinner to the mexican place to discuss my baby shower plans, but all i can think about is my grilled ham & cheese that i'm gonna miss.

this was from the 3d from the other day. she's smiling! and she's still sitting breech, her foot was against her forehead the entire time. that can't be comfortable.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carlini-so sorry this cycle didn't work.... but keep at it, it will happen!

Andi-keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

KQT-isn't is amazing getting a sneak peak at your baby??!! With Brandon, he gave us such good shots, he was always posing it seemed. He usually had his head resting on his hand, and it was funny, after he was born, he still slept like that a lot in the beginning. Thankfully, he didn't come out that way though, don't know if there would have been room for him to slip through so nicely then! ! LOL!

For this baby, we only got one 3D pic so far. Seeing it in color on the tv screen was much clearer than the picture they gave us. I thought he looked like a puffy cloud on the picture version. For the last couple ultrasounds, he has been facing my back so they can't get a good pic of his face. I guess he's shy? I go again next week, so hoping that a) he has turned head down and b) he gives us a good look at his face!

So, this weekend we're heading down to Atlantic City for a couple days, my FIL got us a free room at the new Revel Resort that just opened there. I guess they're just trying to fill rooms right now since it's so new and hope you spend lots of money there. Little do they know, I am not gambling, Brandon is not gambling and DH probably won't do much if any gambling. We're just going for some relaxation and the buffets . Plus, we'll do some walking on the boardwalk as long as my sciatica still continues to feel better *knock wood*

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon

Last edited by Happycat21; 08-17-2012 at 12:25 PM..
Old 08-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011

My little man...5 weeks tomorrow!
Old 08-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #115

Krissy - awww, I loved looking at DS's ultrasound pics.

Sharon - Have fun!!!

lizzy - OMG, what a doll! DS had that same binky strap.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #116
KQT

lizzy, he's so cute!!

it's getting harder to paint my toenails.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post

it's getting harder to paint my toenails.

At least you are still trying! I haven't even tried for a couple years now...I just go get them done at the nail salon.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:10 AM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lizzy-he's adorable!!

Ugh, last night my right food and ankle got swollen....thankfully DH (who hates feet by the way!) massaged them for awhile which helped. I had this a few times while pregnant with Brandon, and it started around this time in the pregnancy too. (32 weeks) It is just so uncomfortable when they swell up!! I call them sausage feet. And of course cankles.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Big huge and baby dust to all the ladies trying to conceive right now!

I'm nine weeks today and doing well. Exhausted, especially with the other three littles to care for, and nauseous all day, but amazingly no throwing up so far. Lots of supplements, fasting every morning, and mint tea, all seem to help me. Carbs make me more nauseous, but I'm also having protein aversions with red meat and poultry, so that's making things tricky. Also, the cravings are KILLING me. I keep wanting (and eating) junk food and am getting this back under control, but it is hard. Two pregnancies I have eaten very healthfully, one I craved junk food constantly, and this fourth pregnancy seems to be following in the same vein. I'm just trying to eat to hunger and balance out the sushi and burritos as much as possible

I have also jumped up too much in weight, due to overindulgence, so I'm cutting back to shed the extra non-baby pounds gained fom the junky overeating. I ahead about five to shave off, it shouldn't be too difficult, fortunately. Just controlling my intake should suffice!
Old 08-20-2012, 03:53 AM   #120

I had horrible cravings every single day of my pregnancy and the thought of meat was horrid, so I feel your pain. Take it one day at a time, hopefully yours will go away.
Closed Thread