Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #1141
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
Sorry for the cut and run earlier!

Shana - I am so sorry AF found you. I'm with you on the acupuncture if I dont get a BFP soon!

Lori - Congrats on finding a doc that get's it! You can do this girl!

DP - the countdown has begun!!!

As for me, I am on CD9, temping and charting and we will be doing all we can to get that BFP this cycle. Im spreading baby dust all around girls!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #1142
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Finally got my period! I suppose that would be cycle day 70? I am nervous to start back on bc pills, doc rx'ed me lo-loestrin, hopefully it will help some with the migraines. Hormones suck.

DP I hope Stella comes soon for you!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #1143

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post

Lori - Congrats on finding a doc that get's it! You can do this girl!
Thank you! All my post meal numbers were great today! Just gotta get that fasting down a little more!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #1144
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Sorry, I want to do personals but work is so busy right now. Hopefully tomorrow.

AFM, I'm still spotting and it's pink/red. I'm having some cramps as well. The midhusband (midwife is a dude) says this is normal in most cases and not to worry. HCG draw confirms I am almost 4 weeks. I'm doing a second draw today, to see if that number doubles. They'll also be calling me back this afternoon with my Progesterone results. I may need to supplement.

I'm just worried, scared, and all I can do is wait to see if this baby wants to stick around.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #1145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Thank you! All my post meal numbers were great today! Just gotta get that fasting down a little more!
Have a protein snack before bed! It always did the trick for me. Not sure if you remember, but my fasting numbers were borderline even though I didnt have GD. I found that protein before bed brought them down significantly. It was tough because I am not a night time snacker but some salami and cheese or sliced meat worked wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Sorry, I want to do personals but work is so busy right now. Hopefully tomorrow.

AFM, I'm still spotting and it's pink/red. I'm having some cramps as well. The midhusband (midwife is a dude) says this is normal in most cases and not to worry. HCG draw confirms I am almost 4 weeks. I'm doing a second draw today, to see if that number doubles. They'll also be calling me back this afternoon with my Progesterone results. I may need to supplement.

I'm just worried, scared, and all I can do is wait to see if this baby wants to stick around.
Carlini - I am sending tons of sticky baby prayers your way! Keep us posted on your numbers and try not to stress, spotting is very normal and isnt always bad news.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #1146

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Have a protein snack before bed! It always did the trick for me. Not sure if you remember, but my fasting numbers were borderline even though I didnt have GD. I found that protein before bed brought them down significantly. It was tough because I am not a night time snacker but some salami and cheese or sliced meat worked wonders.

s:
Yup,I have a protein snack almost every night before bed. I think I skipped it last night and just had a cup of almond milk because I wasn't hungry. Gonna make myself eat a snack tonight for sure!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #1147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Lowering fasting glucose levels can be tricky. Sometimes, just be lowering levels around the clock, they'll follow suit. Sometimes, as mentioned, an evening protein snack helps. Some actually have more success if their evening snack includes carbs (like peanut butter crackers, fruit and nuts or cheese, yogurt, etc.). Some find a glass of red wine in the evening does the trick (speaking mostly for type 2s, here, not pregnant women). So, if you try something for a while, and it doesn't work, don't give up hope! There are other things to try
Old 12-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #1148

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I can't believe it's my due date! Here I am again...baby #2 and 10 months pregnant!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #1149
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I can't believe it's my due date! Here I am again...baby #2 and 10 months pregnant!
I saw that you were the last to post and was wondering if it was go time yet! Maybe we'll get a new years baby? Or is that too long to wait
Old 12-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #1150

Now I just want to wait because my mom comes in next Friday so we will have someone to watch our son. I hate to think about waiting another 9 days but it will make things a lot easier
Old 12-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #1151

Quote:
Now I just want to wait because my mom comes in next Friday so we will have someone to watch our son. I hate to think about waiting another 9 days but it will make things a lot easier
How exciting! She will be here before you know it!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:35 AM   #1152

Im getting very anxious and excited! A week from tonight ill be going in

Ended up in triage yesterday evening. Baby wasn't moving and I was contracting, though they weren't painful. They monitored me for a while and checked the baby. Everything was/is good....calm before the storm!?!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #1153

Quote:
Im getting very anxious and excited! A week from tonight ill be going in

Ended up in triage yesterday evening. Baby wasn't moving and I was contracting, though they weren't painful. They monitored me for a while and checked the baby. Everything was/is good....calm before the storm!?!
Phew that would be scary! So glad everything checked out ok!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #1154

OK doc wants my fasting blood sugar 70-90. Yesterday after 2 days of LC it was 90! GREAT! This morning it was 103?!?!? WTH! I was very good yesterday! I waited a half hour and checked again, now it says 97. I'll go with that number on my paperwork! But still, was hoping to see 89 today! I have to fax him my numbers tomorrow, so I hope I have a great one tomorrow!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:59 AM   #1155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LucilleMcgill
Stats: 240/209/150
WOE: low/moderate carb
Start Date: 11/19/2012 while pregnant b/c Gestational Diabetes
Hi all! I wanted to pop in and say hi! I have to come back and catch up later.

Lori- We are in the same boat it seems. I have finally been able to get my fasting under 90 (in the 80's) by walking 1 mile in the AM and 1 mile in the PM. The evening snack doesn't seem to make a difference for me as long as I am low carb over all (less than 50g). But the exercise has been great!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:40 AM   #1156
Major LCF Poster!

Carlini are you going to give us the details or what girl? I want to know exactly what happened after that BFP! Did you and your husband test together? Did you break the news to him? Details!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #1157
Thick and Delicious

Drive by post because we're working a short day and I've missed some work today.

I'm still spotting, but my betas are doubling like they should be. The crappy news is my progesterone was a shockingly low 2.77 It should be 15 or higher. I got that news on Friday, and I cried the entire weekend. I have been taking a high dose of RX Progesterone since Friday. I met with the MW today, and he now believes I have a luteal phase defect -which I knew all along and have tired to tell him. Anyway, if this pregnancy fails, I'll need to be on progesterone right after I ovulate. He said he has seen women with numbers that low still carry to term, so I'm praying.

I also have a UTI, which can be causing the bleeding. So another round of antibiotics for me! MW is hopeful, but says I'm not out of the woods yet. My next appt is 2 weeks, and they will do an ultrasound to see the little monkey and hopefully a heartbeat! Please pray I can keep the baby for 2 more weeks.

CJ it's so funny because I had this big elaborate plan to tell DH when the time came. I took the test at 10 DPO. I figured AF would be here the next day, so just make sure I'm not, and then I can move on... and then I saw the faint line. I was so excited, I ran out of the bathroom and into the kitchen screaming, "honey I'm pregnant!!!!" You can tell he was a bit in shock but I showed him the test and he was . He's cautiously excited. He's more of a realist then I am.

I wish I could respond to each of you individually, but I've read your posts and I'm thinking of each one of you.

Last edited by CARLINI; 12-31-2012 at 11:59 AM..
Old 12-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucilleMcgill View Post
Hi all! I wanted to pop in and say hi! I have to come back and catch up later.

Lori- We are in the same boat it seems. I have finally been able to get my fasting under 90 (in the 80's) by walking 1 mile in the AM and 1 mile in the PM. The evening snack doesn't seem to make a difference for me as long as I am low carb over all (less than 50g). But the exercise has been great!
I really need to figure out how to fit more exercise in my schedule! That's great!
I faxed my first 4 days blood sugars to the doc.
When they called me I didn't have the guts to answer, so I let it go to voicemail.
They simply said, "keep those numbers, and continue to watch your diet" I wasn't under 90 yet for fasting, but no more 100's and all my after meals were great!
So for now I've got at least another week of being allowed to stay diet controlled without meds! So excited!
And in these 5 days of low carb, I haven't gained any weight, might have even lost. My ring seems to be sliding off a lot.
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 12-31-2012, 10:15 PM   #1159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
This year's toast was brought to us by Welch's!

Here is to a very happy and healthy 2013 for all of us ladies!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 644411_10152377664805554_397487929_n.jpg (31.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 01-01-2013, 06:23 AM   #1160

We toasted with sparkling grape juice too happy New Years everyone
Old 01-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #1161

Missed out on the sparkling Cider last night...too much sugar. boo. Maybe next year!

HAPPY New Years to all the mommies, soon to be mommies and future mommies in this group!

I hope everyone is blessed with happy healthy babies in the year to come!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #1162

Happy New Year everyone!

Carlini - Your progesterone is low but you caught it early. Try not to stress.....I know easier said than done!!! Keep us posted, I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Lori - Congrats on getting your numbers down.

As for me, CD14 and still waiting to O. We are doing all we can to catch the egg this cycle.

Last edited by pocahontas; 01-01-2013 at 09:44 AM..
Old 01-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #1163

yeah, then my fasting blood sugar happened to be super high this morning!! 115!?!?! What the heck!? Maybe because of how late I had my bedtime snack last night?
Sooo annoyed, I ate a lot at the party, but stayed low carb, and when I came home my blood sugar was only 104! Poop.

Hubby is sick and I've already been sick 4-5 times during this pregnancy, so I'm off to get some EmergenC and echinacea...and oj for him!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #1164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
How is everyone? I hope you are all doing great!

Disney Princess - How are you feeling? Is little girl hanging in there?

Lori - How were your fasting numbers this morning? That stinks that they were randomly off yesterday. Hopefully, the Dr. won't bug you much if the rest of your week is okay.

I'm really excited! I was at my sister's house yesterday and we went down in the basement and went through her boy's old clothes. I think Connor now already has more clothes than I do and he won't be here until May! She gave me two diaper boxes full of outfits ranging from newborn to 24 months.

I also got two really great deals from a resell it group on facebook. I thought I had posted about one already, but didn't see it! I got a bumbo w/tray and a boppy pillow w/cover for $20 total! The bumbo alone is $40 now at Babies R Us then another $12 for the tray and the boppy on my registry was $50! So I saved $80 or got to take those items off my registry! I'm so excited to have baby stuff around the house. It makes it seem more real! I attached pictures of the bumbo and boppy, they look brand new!

Please excuse the messy place mats. I had to push it more to the middle of the table, because my golden retriever was a little too interested in it! This is going to be quite the adventure bringing all these new things into the house that she may view as toys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 530506_4476767192091_1119579219_n.jpg (42.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg boppy.jpg (79.7 KB, 6 views)

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 01-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #1165

Lori - WTH is going on with your fasting numbers? I blame it on pregnancy! Keep up the good work, maybe something at the party had more carbs than you thought?

Carlini - How are you feeling?

Suzie - Great deals!!!!!

DP - Any news on that bundle of joy?

I am pretty sure I will be O'ing any day now so we are doing all we can and keeping our fingers crossed.

Last edited by pocahontas; 01-02-2013 at 03:48 PM..
Old 01-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #1166

She's still nice and snug and making me feel rotten. Im more than ready. 4 more full days and then she'll be here

Sorry for lack of personals. I literally have no energy
Old 01-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #1167

Yesterday my fasting was high again, 102, I moved my body a bit doing some walking in place and squatting then checked again and I got it down to 97. This morning it was 97 off the back, I REALLY think I just need more exercise, struggling to figure out how to fit it in between work, church, and all these classes I'm taking.
Yesterday I got off work at 215, came home and changed, drove to my midwife appt 30 mins away for a 330 appt, which ended at 430, grabbed a quick dinner then back to the midwife clinic for a class from 6-8pm. By the time we got home it was 830 and we were ready for bed. I'm really trying to get up earlier and earlier each day so I can work out in the morning, it's been too cold to leave to the gym, so I want to do my Walk Away the Pounds dvd's, but of course our DVD player broke a couple months ago, hubby is supposed to be getting it fixed for me this week. I sure hope so!

Suzi congrats on all the baby gear! I LOVE IT! WHen we first found out were where having a girl, someone from our old church dropped off probably 200 girl outfits in sizes from newborn to 1T, so she too is set for the first year!

DP so excited for you! She will be here soooo soon!

Andi, fingers crossed for you!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #1168
Thick and Delicious

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Lori ~ Are you feeling any better? We have the cold, flu, and stomach flu going around here. No fun! Remind me again, about how many carbs a day are you eating now?

Suzie ~ I know what a boppy pillow is, but what is that flyer saucer seat looking thing? Off to google…

Andi ~ They say you are more fertile after a MC. Here's hoping it happens soon. Praying for you!

DP ~ I can't wait to meet Stella! Almost there.

I am and and but I'm SO happy to be pregnant, I actually welcome it! Because of the spotting, they scheduled an early 6 week ultrasound for January 14th. If all is well, we'll see a heartbeat then. I can tell the midwife feels it's touch and go and this point, but we'll keep hanging in there and praying the little bean sticks.

Has anyone taken an antibiotic while preg? Apparently I have a bad UTI, but I have no symptoms. The MW's office said if I don't treat it and it moves to my kidneys, it can be really bad for me and the baby. I do NOT want to take drugs during pregnancy, let alone this early. They assure me it's safe, but do they really know that? Am I overreacting?

Last edited by CARLINI; 01-03-2013 at 07:23 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #1169
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Lori ~ Are you feeling any better? We have the cold, flu, and stomach flu going around here. No fun! Remind me again, about how many carbs a day are you eating now?

Suzie ~ I know what a boppy pillow is, but what is that flyer saucer seat looking thing? Off to google…

Andi ~ They say you are more fertile after a MC. Here's hoping it happens soon. Praying for you!

DP ~ I can't wait to meet Stella! Almost there.

I am and and but I'm SO happy to be pregnant, I actually welcome it! Because of the spotting, they scheduled an early 6 week ultrasound for January 14th. If all is well, we'll see a heartbeat then. I can tell the midwife feels it's touch and go and this point, but we'll keep hanging in there and praying the little bean sticks.

Has anyone taken an antibiotic while preg? Apparently I have a bad UTI, but I have no symptoms. The MW's office said if I don't treat it and it moves to my kidneys, it can be really bad for me and the baby. I do NOT want to take drugs during pregnancy, let alone this early. They assure me it's safe, but do they really know that? Am I overreacting?
No real life experience here, but I am personally a huge minimalist when it comes to medications during pregnancy. They prescribed me nausea medicine since I lost a bit of weight and I didn't take it, just toughed it out. That being said I would take the antibiotics, they will prescribe you something safe for pregnancy. UTI's are super common in pregnant women and there are SO many women who have taken the antibiotics they will give you that haven't had any problems whatsoever. They are right in saying that a kidney infection is dangerous during pregnancy (or anytime, really).

Drink lots of water and cranberry juice
Old 01-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #1170

Lori - I walk a ton and did when I was pg with DS too. I am convinced it helped tremendously with my BS and my BP. Hang in there, you are doing great!

Carlini - So happy that little bean is hanging on! I am still so thrilled for you. I never take meds but if my baby was at risk I would just triple check that the antibiotics are safe for pregnancy and take them. It's the quickest way to clear it up.

DP - Stella is being stubborn already! We cant wait to see your little princess!

Well I had a huge temp shift this morning so I am thinking I O'd yesterday on CD15. That is a day or two early compared to my cycle history but I'll take it once the next couple temps confirm. I am so glad we came home from our NY trip early, we had great timing. Fingers crossed this was O and we caught the egg!

Closed Thread