Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #1111
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Merry Christmas everyone!

Now that Christmas morning is over Stella Grace is welcome to anytime now. I can't believe I'm due in 4 days!!

Good luck tomorrow Suzie! So excited for you

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #1112

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
I hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas!

Our house was super quiet this morning. Stepson spends Christmas Eve at his mom's every year. We will get him later today. I was sitting here thinking how it will be different next year with our little one. I'm sure he/she won't be too into it at 7 months old, but I'm still excited.

I'm getting nervous about our anatomy scan tomorrow!
1. I'm always nervous before appointments, and this is a huge one with us finding out gender!

2. There is suppose to be snow storm coming through tonight, and our appointment is at 8:15 am. I am wishing that I had made the appointment later. I already warned DH that I may want to leave super early, because I'm nervous about the weather.
I'm excited about what Christmas will be like next year too! My Rose will be almost 10 months, I'm totally looking forward to sharing the Christmas lights with her, and seeing how she reacts to every little detail. I keep bringing up how next year is going to be so different and so much better because she will be here!

Good luck getting to your appt in the snow storm. Hope it isn't too bad!
I have a big appt tomorrow too and honestly I'm kinda freaking out. It's with the perinatologist who will be the deciding factor on rather or not my GD is gonna keep me from an out of hospital birth or not. And my blood sugars have not been good this last week. I even ate soo good yesterday and my fasting was still high this morning! I'm super bummed. The only other thing I can do is workout more, but it's hard to do with the back pain. OY!

Can't wait to hear how your anatomy scan goes! That's basically what I'll be getting done again tomorrow too!
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 12-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #1113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Merry Christmas everyone!

Now that Christmas morning is over Stella Grace is welcome to anytime now. I can't believe I'm due in 4 days!!

Good luck tomorrow Suzie! So excited for you
You're so close! I wonder when she will decide to make her appearance! I can't wait to see pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
I'm excited about what Christmas will be like next year too! My Rose will be almost 10 months, I'm totally looking forward to sharing the Christmas lights with her, and seeing how she reacts to every little detail. I keep bringing up how next year is going to be so different and so much better because she will be here!

Good luck getting to your appt in the snow storm. Hope it isn't too bad!
I have a big appt tomorrow too and honestly I'm kinda freaking out. It's with the perinatologist who will be the deciding factor on rather or not my GD is gonna keep me from an out of hospital birth or not. And my blood sugars have not been good this last week. I even ate soo good yesterday and my fasting was still high this morning! I'm super bummed. The only other thing I can do is workout more, but it's hard to do with the back pain. OY!

Can't wait to hear how your anatomy scan goes! That's basically what I'll be getting done again tomorrow too!
Thanks! Good luck on your appointment as well! I hope you can have the birth you are wanting, and not forced into a different kind.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #1114

Good luck to you too Lori!

I hate that im feeling so ill today. I've been so naseous the last few days. I'd love to just lay in bed and rest! At least on Thursday ill get an induction date if this baby decides to be like my son and stay in me forever!

Christmas next year will be fun here too with a 4 year old and an almost 1 year old! It's been a lot of fun today already
Old 12-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #1115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm excited. My parents bought us a camcorder for Christmas, to capture all the pending memories! I'm going to start messing with it when we get home!
Old 12-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #1116

Quote:
Good luck to you too Lori!

I hate that im feeling so ill today. I've been so naseous the last few days. I'd love to just lay in bed and rest! At least on Thursday ill get an induction date if this baby decides to be like my son and stay in me forever!

Christmas next year will be fun here too with a 4 year old and an almost 1 year old! It's been a lot of fun today already
That will be fun!
Old 12-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #1117

Quote:
I'm excited. My parents bought us a camcorder for Christmas, to capture all the pending memories! I'm going to start messing with it when we get home!
That's awesome!
Old 12-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #1118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That's awesome!
I just messed with it and recorded stepson opening gifts. We all decided we hate our voices on recordings! ha ha

They also got us a picture frame for an ultrasound picture that records the heartbeat sound. Hopefully, my doctor's office will be okay with helping us on that one!

My Grandma got us a "we're expecting" ornament with the year and our names on it.

I'm getting so excited to see this baby in the morning! They've reduced our snow down to about 1-3 inches, so I'm not too worried about the travel anymore.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 12-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #1119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The appointment went great! She is 90% sure that he is a boy! We are so ecstatic! Everything is developing perfectly.

Here he is sucking his thumb!

Old 12-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #1120

Quote:
The appointment went great! She is 90% sure that he is a boy! We are so ecstatic! Everything is developing perfectly.

Here he is sucking his thumb!

WOOOHOO! Congrats!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #1121
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Merry Christmas Everyone!!

GUESS what I GOT for Christmas yesterday?
Old 12-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Merry Christmas Everyone!!

GUESS what I GOT for Christmas yesterday?
OH YEAH?????
Old 12-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #1123
Thick and Delicious

Baby[1].JPG

Best Christmas gift EVER!

We're so EXCITED, and so very thankful. We’re not telling anyone IRL for a long time, so you guys will be my only sounding board. Lucky you!

I'm still spotting and have been since ovulation. The midwife's office said this is very normal, but I'm going in at 3pm today for an appointment. Please pray that our little monkey sticks.

Back for personals later.

Last edited by CARLINI; 12-26-2012 at 09:42 AM..
Old 12-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #1124
Thick and Delicious

Quote:
I'm in love. Seriously that is the cutest picture. Ever.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #1125
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Yay for the happy stick! Yay for baby boy!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #1126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Attachment 47713

We're so EXCITED, and so very thankful. We’re not telling anyone IRL for a long time, so you guys will be my only sounding board. Lucky you!

I'm still spotting and have been since ovulation. The midwife's office said this is very normal, but I'm going in at 3pm today for an appointment. Please pray that our little monkey sticks.

Back for personals later.
Yay! Congratulations! Lots of prayers for a healthy, sticky bean!

Quote:
I'm in love. Seriously that is the cutest picture. Ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
Yay for the happy stick! Yay for baby boy!
Thank you! I can't stop smiling, especially when I look at him sucking his tiny little thumb! I told my friend that I already think he is the cutest baby ever!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #1127

YAY! Congrats! Praying for the baby to stick and that everything goes great! Awesome Christmas present indeed!
Old 12-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #1128

A boy a boy!! I love love love having a son. I would have taken another boy any day! Congrats! Do you have names?

Congrats carlini!!! Sending good thoughts your way

We go tomorrow to my last appointment, and to set an induction date in case my daughter decides shed rather stay inside me forever
Old 12-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #1129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, yes his name is Connor Steven!
Old 12-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #1130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Alright, with that potential pregnancy no longer a potential, I really need to focus on being healthier. I don't do New Year's resolutions, but I need to start focusing on my diet again. I started this morning with a protein shake and just had a small bowl of ham salad for lunch and a mug of chicken broth, but I have to admit I've also picked a little here and there at some remaining Christmas junk. Blech.

Not to burst anyone's bubble about the joys of baby's first Christmas, but Ben turned 9 months on Christmas Eve, and he couldn't have cared less about anything. He didn't care about the tree, the lights, the gifts...nothin'. I tried showing him one of our trees in our house (we have a big one with white lights and a smaller one with colored lights), and he was very disinterested. He's also too young to "get" the gift unwrapping thing. He watched my nieces rip into their gifts Christmas morning, but he had zero interest in doing the same even when I ripped a piece of the paper for him to pull on. He preferred to just play with one of the curled ribbons
Quote:
Congratulations!!! I kept saying I didn't really have a preference one way or the other about the sex of the baby, which was totally true, but when they told us it was a boy, I got nervous because I'd only ever really been around baby girls and was afraid I wouldn't know what to do!
Quote:
Attachment 47713

And another CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your description took the words right out of my mouth - best Christmas gift ever!
Quote:
We go tomorrow to my last appointment, and to set an induction date in case my daughter decides shed rather stay inside me forever
Sometimes, scheduling the induction is what seems to do the trick Mine was scheduled for my due date (I had high blood pressure, so doc didn't want to let me go longer even though I was feeling fine), and baby came a-knockin' three days earlier
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 12-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #1131

Well scheduling my sons induction did nothing so I guess we will see. I almost hope she just waits now because the induction will be scheduled the weekend my mom comes in and it'll be nice to have her to watch Kyle while I'm in the hospital.

As soon as I have this baby I'm going to healthy eating/weight loss mode. I figure ill have about20-25 pounds to loss. I've gained about 30 during pregnancy but was a tad heavier than I like before I got pregnant
Old 12-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #1132

Well well well!
Had to see a Perinatologist today (requirement with the midwives due to my gestational diabetes)
The good news, Baby Rose looks great and is measuring 3 pounds exactly!

He really wanted to put me on meds, he thought my fastings were a little too high. I talked to him about the diet the GD dieticians had me on and asked if I could just cut more carbs because I felt it was too high carb for my body. He agreed to give that a try! YAY! His order was to cut carbs and add more protein, to do what I know to do and to listen to him and not them. I forgot to ask how low I could go and what he thought about ketosis, but I think that sounded like he would be ok with me going for 100% low carb! I'm excited. Going to drop to below 50 carbs tomorrow, maybe less.
At my current rate, he said Rose will be almost 9 pounds. He doesn't want me to gain anymore weight either. So hopefully but cutting more carbs I'll stop my weight gain, and slow Rose's down a bit! Since I'm doing all natural and no epidural, I'm really hoping for a baby less then 8 pounds!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #1133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well well well!
Had to see a Perinatologist today (requirement with the midwives due to my gestational diabetes)
The good news, Baby Rose looks great and is measuring 3 pounds exactly!

He really wanted to put me on meds, he thought my fastings were a little too high. I talked to him about the diet the GD dieticians had me on and asked if I could just cut more carbs because I felt it was too high carb for my body. He agreed to give that a try! YAY! His order was to cut carbs and add more protein, to do what I know to do and to listen to him and not them. I forgot to ask how low I could go and what he thought about ketosis, but I think that sounded like he would be ok with me going for 100% low carb! I'm excited. Going to drop to below 50 carbs tomorrow, maybe less.
At my current rate, he said Rose will be almost 9 pounds. He doesn't want me to gain anymore weight either. So hopefully but cutting more carbs I'll stop my weight gain, and slow Rose's down a bit! Since I'm doing all natural and no epidural, I'm really hoping for a baby less then 8 pounds!
I'm glad your appointment went well and it sounds like you found someone who is willing to let you try your way! Hopefully, you can show them great results and that they should have been leaving you alone about the carbs from the beginning.

I saw my 4 year old nephew tonight. My sister said that he informed her, after hearing I was having a boy, that he can't get rid of ANY of his toys, because he is going to have to give them to Connor.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #1134

Quote:

I saw my 4 year old nephew tonight. My sister said that he informed her, after hearing I was having a boy, that he can't get rid of ANY of his toys, because he is going to have to give them to Connor.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #1135
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: A long time ago
CARLINI!!!!!! Shut the front door! I am so happy for you, lady! What an awesome Christmas present! I guess I'm off to try acupuncture!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:51 AM   #1136

Last doctors appointment in an hour! I can't believe that in less than 2 weeks my baby girl will be here
Old 12-27-2012, 05:59 AM   #1137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Ugh, I get so frustrated with doctors, nutritionists, etc., recommending so many carbs and then MEDICATIONS when the prescribed diet doesn't work! Good for you, Lori, for taking a stance and lowering carbs instead of jumping straight to meds. I'm glad meds are there for those who need them, but I just wish the medical community would catch up on the actual science and facts about carbs instead of just continuing to push the same old diets that have proven to fail time and again. Sorry for that mini rant
Old 12-27-2012, 06:27 AM   #1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Ugh, I get so frustrated with doctors, nutritionists, etc., recommending so many carbs and then MEDICATIONS when the prescribed diet doesn't work! Good for you, Lori, for taking a stance and lowering carbs instead of jumping straight to meds. I'm glad meds are there for those who need them, but I just wish the medical community would catch up on the actual science and facts about carbs instead of just continuing to push the same old diets that have proven to fail time and again. Sorry for that mini rant
Thank you!
DH and I have known from the start that the dietician had me on too many carbs, but it "was" working, now it's not. So happy this doc was willing to work with us, he didn't give us any hassle about wanting to try changing my diet first. Looking forward to a protein filled day!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #1139

Gallery: pocahontas
Just popping in between our Holiday travels and OMG!!!!! CARLINI!!!!!! I am so over the moon happy for you!

Suzie - Little boys are so precious! My son just makes me the happiest Mama ever.

I have to run and wont be back to a regular schedule until after NYE but I will be watching with my phone for any updates!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #1140
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
SHUT YOUR MOUTH CARLINI! No way!!! Ahhh I'm so excited this is so great and I am dumping a truckload of sticky baby dust all over you!!! Girl you deserve this!! How did your hubby react? I need details!

My ultrasound for anatomy/gender is exactly in one week. SO excited. Jan 3 at 1:30 central time! I'm counting down the hours by now
Closed Thread