Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #1081
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Hi jilly! I feel like you just had your baby!

Well it's the stomach flu. Called today and they said its going around. I can't believe this. Like I don't feel cruddy enough at 38 weeks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #1082
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: A long time ago
Welcome back, Jilly!

I took another one this morning- still negative. My temp is STILL up this morning, leading me to believe I'm off on my O date. I'm going crazy, analyzing every symptom. I was seriously preparing myself for a temp drop this morning, but no! Eeek...I'll let everyone know if I test again...
Old 12-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #1083
Senior LCF Member

I can tune/override detection of ovulation. It lets you choose from research, fertility awareness, research, and strictly OPK predictors. I changed it to "research" and it adjusted my O date so I'm 13 DPO today, which makes more sense with a full 3 day rise. Basically, it will say I O'd only after a 3 day rise and positive OPK. Makes much more sense! It would also explain why I haven't had any AF symptoms like spotting or cramps, which usually come 2 days before.

Last edited by Oregon Transplant; 12-19-2012 at 01:49 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #1084

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
I can tune/override detection of ovulation. It lets you choose from research, fertility awareness, research, and strictly OPK predictors. I changed it to "research" and it adjusted my O date so I'm 13 DPO today, which makes more sense with a full 3 day rise. Basically, it will say I O'd only after a 3 day rise and positive OPK. Makes much more sense! It would also explain why I haven't had any AF symptoms like spotting or cramps, which usually come 2 days before.
Sounds like a great option. Good luck!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #1085
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for indulging me in my obsession over whether I'm pregnant or not! I'm trying not to be annoying, but every month the 2WW makes me crazy!

DP- Sorry to hear you have the stomach flu! What a terrible way to finish up your pregnancy. Hang in there.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #1086

OMG, OMG, OMG, I'm spotting! TOM must be on the way!!!!

Only you ladies would understand.

Shana - I luuuurve a good 2WW obsession. LOL!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #1087

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Hi jilly! I feel like you just had your baby!

Well it's the stomach flu. Called today and they said its going around. I can't believe this. Like I don't feel cruddy enough at 38 weeks

Oh yuck! I had it a few weeks ago, so not fun! It's been majorly going around.
Hope you'll feel better soon!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #1088

So TOM came last night after a 37 day cycle! Phew! So happy to start the TTC process again and good news is that I likely wont be O'ing until after the holidays so no stress about DTD while traveling and staying with family.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #1089
Senior LCF Member

Andi, I'm on CD 37 too. I started spotting this morning and had a temp drop, looks like AF is here. I think I need a reality check and need to understand that we probably won't get pregnant without help. I keep believing that by some miracle, I'll end up pregnant, but know that we'll need the help of IUI at least.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #1090
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Maybe it's something about the time of year, and I'm having a 37-day cycle, too. Seems to be the trend around here I did spot a little earlier today, but it was pretty brown, so I still don't know what's up. It would have been nice to have a confirmed positive to share with my family for Christmas. It's a tough holiday season since it's our first since we lost my dad. It's a balancing act to suppress the tears and try to focus on the happiness of it being Ben's first Christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Jilly. How's Ben doing?
He's great - still a very easy baby! He'll be 9 months old on Christmas Eve. No crawling yet, but he sniper rolls across the room, so he's semi-mobile He has two teeth on the bottom, and we're about to add a second daily meal of "food" for him (he's been eating one meal per day since a little after 6 months). He'll eat just about anything I give him (well, honestly, I've only given him meats, veggies, and plain full-fat Greek yogurt with a little fruit mixed in), but it has to be puree consistency. I have offered him little pieces of soft steamed green beans, steamed peas, steamed carrots, etc., but he acts like you're trying to poison him! So, we're still just on purees for now. At least he's not picky, though - he'll eat pureed asparagus, spinach, cauliflower, broccoli...you name it! He seems to especially love avocado, though
Quote:
Ugh, the flu at 38 weeks?! I am so sorry. Hopefully, it'll be gone by the time you deliver!
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 12-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #1091

Shana - I am sorry to hear that. Are your cycles typically this long?

jilly - I am post miscarriage, had a loss just before Thanksgiving so my cycle was much longer than usual. I think we are due some Ben pics!

DP - Hope you are feeling better soon!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:26 AM   #1092
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shannonlanie
Stats: 205/182/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: nov 23
morning all! 187lbs this morning! whoo hoo, just hope i can stick to this woe as we leave for our families for the holidays,still no O that I can tell, and I am on like cd 25, so this cycle is pretty much a bust, we will be out of town til jan 3 or so, and i am not too keen on bd'ing at my MILs house! lol, so maybe when we get back I will be on a new cycle, I was really hoping to maybe get a christmas bfp, but, I am trying to focus more on losing the extra weight, I do enjoy pulling out clothes from the closet that havnt fit in a long time and seeing them fit! I just hope this woe will truly help me to regulate my cycle, has anyone seen great improvment in theirs? I have always been soo irregular. anyways, happy hollidays to everyone!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:45 AM   #1093
Senior LCF Member

Shannon- Do you chart online? If you do, you should share a link with us. The ladies here are so knowledge.

Well, spotting went away and my temps didn't drop as much as I thought they would. I'm still above coverline today. It sure is messing with my head!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #1094
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Shana, sending prayers your way!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #1095
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Carlini!

Andi- My longest cycle is 40 days, and that was anovulatory. I'm 2 days away from my longest cycle since I started charting. Really, that means AF will be here in the next 2 days. I'm blaming Clomid for my long cycles. This is my last month on it, as my doctor said the benefits after about 3 months are not proven.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #1096

Shana - That has got to be super frustrating! You are still only 14DPO and there are several women who dont get a BFP until later than that. I'm not losing hope for you for this cycle!

I probably wont be around much until after the Holiday, hope you all have a great one and I'll post when we get back from visiting the family.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #1097
Senior LCF Member

pfft, this Mayan apocalypse is not very impressive

Teeny tiny bit of spotting today, but still quite brown. No idea what my body is doing. I was going to test again this morning, but my husband was in the shower in our bathroom (where my tests are), and I really had to pee, so I went in another bathroom sans test. Maybe I'll try tomorrow morning.
Quote:
Well, spotting went away and my temps didn't drop as much as I thought they would. I'm still above coverline today. It sure is messing with my head!
The head part is so much worse than the physical part! True for the whole process, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
jilly - I am post miscarriage, had a loss just before Thanksgiving so my cycle was much longer than usual. I think we are due some Ben pics!
I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. The holidays are tough enough; doesn't the universe understand this?!
Here's my little nerdling in his Christmas sweatervest:

And here he was in a new monster outfit yesterday morning:

He already needs another haircut! He first got it cut at about 7 months because it was constantly getting matted/knotted on the back of his head and was hanging in his eyes in the front.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #1098

Oh my gosh, he is darling!!!!

Have you seen my son's hair in my avi pic? Yeah, he needs a hair cut too. He has had several but it grows so fast that I cant keep up.

Last edited by pocahontas; 12-21-2012 at 12:39 PM..
Old 12-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #1099
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Disney Princess - I hope you are feeling better by now!

1. The baby is moving like CRAZY tonight.

2. This year I am way more excited for the 26th, than I am for Christmas, since we find out boy or girl that day!

I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday! I'm trying to get into relaxation mode right now. I'm off work until January 3rd. I plan on doing a lot of nothing!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #1100

Jilly he is soo adorable! Too cute!
Old 12-22-2012, 01:47 AM   #1101
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Jilly, he is so cute! I love the socks. The spotting could be implantation, fingers crossed!

shannon, 178! Haven't seen that in years! this woe will help regulate your cycle, especially if you're insulin resistant/pcos.

Shana, i hope you get your BFP soon!

I had to be to work at 4am this morning and B woke up at 2 for her feeding, and when i put her back to bed she was all smiles. Her gummy smiles just melt me, it broke my heart to have to leave her to come to work! I've been picking up a lot of extra hours lately and I just feel out of control. I miss my baby, I haven't been eating healthy and can't find the time to treadmill or get enough sleep, and I'm stressed from all the hours. One day at a time.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:45 AM   #1102

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Thought I would check in too! James is eight months old now and we just got back from Cuba. He was an amazing traveler. Loved the water. He just started crawling , but can not go too far yet. He sure loves to eat. He eats mostly meat, eggs and cheese. But, papa will give him pasta or potatoes too. He prefers his meat, so I don't make a big deal out of it. He hates all vegetables, just like mommy.
Still has no teeth though...
Old 12-22-2012, 05:32 AM   #1103

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
He is adorable jilly!!!!!

I can't believe my due date is a week from today. Me and dh are both wanting her to be born on Christmas Eve because its my grandmas birthday who she is named after so send labor vibes for late tomorrow please if not I hope she waits a bit

Everyone ready for Christmas? Our 3 year old is getting really excited
Old 12-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #1104

Quote:
He is adorable jilly!!!!!

I can't believe my due date is a week from today. Me and dh are both wanting her to be born on Christmas Eve because its my grandmas birthday who she is named after so send labor vibes for late tomorrow please if not I hope she waits a bit

Everyone ready for Christmas? Our 3 year old is getting really excited
Good luck!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #1105
Senior LCF Member

Still nothing more than an occasional little spot...I did take another home test yesterday evening around dinner time, and it was still negative. Meh.

We drove to my mother's house today; left this morning around 8:30 and got here around 1:45pm. The trip normally takes 4 hours, but we hit some pretty heavy patches of traffic, and then, since we were slowed by the traffic, we ended up having to stop at a rest area to give Ben a bottle. He was great, though - more than 5 hours strapped in his carseat, and he never once cried or even really got fussy. He napped twice and otherwise just "talked" to us or sang along with us (my husband and I were singing along to an 80s rock song, and Ben started high-pitched babbling/squealing like he was singing along 0 it was so cute ) or played with a few toys. We're so lucky to have such an angel of a little boy!

Trying very hard to focus on Ben's first Christmas; hard being at my mom's house without my dad at this time of year. Keeping busy, though - my mother and I are going shopping tomorrow morning bright and early (stores open at 7am) so she can buy me my gift (new coat, so she wants me to pick it out so I can try it on and whatnot) and I can hopefully find something else for my sister. Christmas Eve dinner at my sister's house, then Christmas brunch here at my mom's, then driving back home on Christmas afternoon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
I had to be to work at 4am this morning and B woke up at 2 for her feeding, and when i put her back to bed she was all smiles. Her gummy smiles just melt me, it broke my heart to have to leave her to come to work! I've been picking up a lot of extra hours lately and I just feel out of control. I miss my baby, I haven't been eating healthy and can't find the time to treadmill or get enough sleep, and I'm stressed from all the hours. One day at a time.
I hope things settle down for you soon. I had to return to work when Ben was 6 weeks old, which was hard enough, but then add to that the stress of my job and the hours...I have to drop Ben off at daycare in the morning, so I couldn't go to work very early, but I can't count the number of times I would be working until about 2am after putting him to bed or get up and work from home from 4am until Ben woke up...all that working definitely throws everything else off (diet, routine, etc.), as if having a new baby didn't shake things up enough already!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
Thought I would check in too! James is eight months old now and we just got back from Cuba. He was an amazing traveler. Loved the water. He just started crawling , but can not go too far yet. He sure loves to eat. He eats mostly meat, eggs and cheese. But, papa will give him pasta or potatoes too. He prefers his meat, so I don't make a big deal out of it. He hates all vegetables, just like mommy.
Still has no teeth though...
Sounds like James is doing great! I didn't even know Ben had his first tooth until he bit my finger one day. He was never fussy or anything...it's like it just came out of nowhere, and then the second one wasn't very far behind! I wish Ben would eat finger foods and not just purees, but, for some reason, everything he gets his hands on goes right in his mouth EXCEPT food I'm loving that he's loving veggies, though. I hated them until relatively recently, and I was very turned off by them throughout my pregnancy.
Quote:
How awesome if she arrived Christmas Eve! Fingers crossed for you. How are you feeling?
Old 12-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #1106
Senior LCF Member

Jilly- Ben is so cute! Thanks for sharing new pictures with us. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

AF is here, out again this cycle. I cried a little about it yesterday and had a good talk with my best friend. She's so supportive and doesn't ask me constantly if I'm pregnant yet. I'm lucky to have a good support system. We've still only shared with a few that we're TTC, despite seemingly everyone in our lives asking "when is it your turn?" Or the dreaded "are you guys going to have kids?" I have a difficult time dealing with questions like that. We're going to Hawaii next month for a family vacation, so I'm trying to focus on that an look forward to relaxing, knowing that soon after we get back we'll be going to see the RE finally. Thanks ladies, for putting up with my 2 WW crazies!

Shana
Old 12-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #1107
Senior LCF Member

Still just some spotting...kinda wish I could just have a BFP or a real period! When I concieved my son, though, things were way off from "normal" as far as timing. I had had multiple bouts of spotting and was waiting for my period so I could start tracking things so we could start TTC, and it turned out I was actually pregnant. My ultrasound dating was WAY off from my dating based on my last period, so I don't know if I have late implantation bleeding, late start for HCG production (so no positive home test yet), or just a funky cycle going on. Today marks 38 days since the start of my last period...
Quote:
AF is here, out again this cycle. I cried a little about it yesterday and had a good talk with my best friend. She's so supportive and doesn't ask me constantly if I'm pregnant yet. I'm lucky to have a good support system. We've still only shared with a few that we're TTC, despite seemingly everyone in our lives asking "when is it your turn?" Or the dreaded "are you guys going to have kids?" I have a difficult time dealing with questions like that. We're going to Hawaii next month for a family vacation, so I'm trying to focus on that an look forward to relaxing, knowing that soon after we get back we'll be going to see the RE finally. Thanks ladies, for putting up with my 2 WW crazies!
Ooooh, Hawaii - I'm jealous! I've never been there, but hopefully, i nothing else, it will be a great time for you to relax and rejuvenate.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #1108

Some times my back hurts so much I don't want to walk anymore. But I know that would just cause more problems. Gotta keep moving. In fact, I really should be moving more!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #1109
Senior LCF Member

Period started overnight last night. Boo to not being pregnant, but yay for at least knowing things in there are still working!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #1110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
I hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas!

Our house was super quiet this morning. Stepson spends Christmas Eve at his mom's every year. We will get him later today. I was sitting here thinking how it will be different next year with our little one. I'm sure he/she won't be too into it at 7 months old, but I'm still excited.

I'm getting nervous about our anatomy scan tomorrow!
1. I'm always nervous before appointments, and this is a huge one with us finding out gender!

2. There is suppose to be snow storm coming through tonight, and our appointment is at 8:15 am. I am wishing that I had made the appointment later. I already warned DH that I may want to leave super early, because I'm nervous about the weather.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Closed Thread