Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #1051
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
DP: She is gonna be here so soon! DH's uncle's birthday is on Christmas Eve and he loves it, but we make sure he gets lots of extra attention and presents. And he's 50! Little Stella's birthday will be special no matter what day it is, as long as you make is fun for her.

Suzie: Been meaning to ask, have you felt any kicks yet?

Lori: Time is going by so fast! Is 27 weeks third trimester?

OT: Were temps still up this morning?
I have felt lots of flutters, especially after something like a glass of lemonade. No definite kicks, but fluttery motions! How far along are you now?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #1052
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:

Lori: Time is going by so fast! Is 27 weeks third trimester?
Different doctors/books/websites, will put different weeks on it. Usually between 26-28. But the most accurate I can find is that in the 28th week you are officially third trimester...and at 27 weeks, I'm technically in my 28th week of pregnancy. So yeah, as far as I'm concerned....this is it! The 3rd and final stage! Getting nervous!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
I have felt lots of flutters, especially after something like a glass of lemonade. No definite kicks, but fluttery motions! How far along are you now?
That's great! I only ever felt one flutter! Other then that I felt some sensations that could have been confused for gas, but I could def tell the difference. By 19 weeks I was positive it was the baby I was feeling. Which is a little early for a first timer of my weight.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #1054
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We had our 19 week appointment today! Well, I guess it was really supposed to be Monday. I got it switched up when writing it on the calendar somehow! They were very kind about it and fit us right in.

It took her a minute to find the heartbeat. She laughed and said "kiddo is a mover!" She could hear the baby moving around a lot, but had to pin down the heartbeat. Heartbeat was 146 today.

The doctor is holding off on the monthly ultrasounds that they thought they would start after 20 weeks. She said since my early diabetes test came back really good she isn't too concerned about it right now. They will do another test around 28 weeks and we will go from there.

I had lost two pounds this appointment, which last appointment I had gained 2 lbs total my whole pregnancy, so I guess I'm back even at no weight gain. They are okay with it since I started out overweight.

Absolutely can't wait until next Wednesday (26th) to find out boy or girl!!

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 12-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #1055
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Different doctors/books/websites, will put different weeks on it. Usually between 26-28. But the most accurate I can find is that in the 28th week you are officially third trimester...and at 27 weeks, I'm technically in my 28th week of pregnancy. So yeah, as far as I'm concerned....this is it! The 3rd and final stage! Getting nervous!
That is so exciting! This is all going so fast, I can't believe I'm already nearly 20 weeks.. so I can't imagine hitting third trimester!

When are you due again? I'm horrible at remembering everyone's dates!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #1056

Quote:
That is so exciting! This is all going so fast, I can't believe I'm already nearly 20 weeks.. so I can't imagine hitting third trimester!

When are you due again? I'm horrible at remembering everyone's dates!
Your anatomy ultrasound will be so exciting! I LOVED IT! Couldn't wait to find out. My sister met us there with my niece and nephew, expecting to wait in the lobby to hear the news, but the tech saw them and invited them in for the big reveal! That made it all that much more special!

My due date is easy to remember....St Patricks day! LOL

Looks like I'll be having another full anatomy ultrasound. Due to switching to the midwife and having gestational diabetes, they are making me see a perinatologist, who insist on doing his own full US before he'll work with me. I'm a little worried about getting yet another ultrasound. I've read recently that there are ties to too many ultrasounds and autism. I've had probably 6 ultrasounds so far. I think there was only 1 or 2 ob appts where she didn't do one. I was planning to do a 4D ultrasound around 30 weeks, but I just may skip it now to be on the safe side!
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 12-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #1057
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: A long time ago
Lori- That sound awful, not being able to feel the baby move for awhile and being anxious about it. I'm glad everything is ok now!

Ladies, do any of you have baby bump pictures to share?
Old 12-18-2012, 04:20 AM   #1058
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori- I'm paranoid about too many ultrasounds too. They have so far only done one at 6&7 weeks and then I'll be getting the anatomy scan next week. I was relieved when they said they were holding off on planning monthly so far. That would be a shame for you to miss the 4d one you planned though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
Lori- That sound awful, not being able to feel the baby move for awhile and being anxious about it. I'm glad everything is ok now!

Ladies, do any of you have baby bump pictures to share?
My mom was telling me my oldest sister was just super lazy. She rarely moved throughout the whole pregnancy. My mom went to the dr multiple times to get checked worried something was wrong... Nope lazy baby!

I don't have a baby bump yet since I started out overweight. My belly has gotten bigger while my weight stays the same, but the dr said hormones can move things around like that. It just looks like I ate too much junk food though, not that I'm pregnant. It bums me out. I can't wait to actually look pregnant.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:18 AM   #1059

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
This was me last weekend at 37 weeks

image.jpg

Getting increasingly uncomfortable and the thought of not having this baby for 3 weeks has me miserable!
Old 12-18-2012, 05:34 AM   #1060

Yeah, you can't really see my bump yet. I'm too fat. And where I am "showing" isn't even the baby at all, it's just where she's moved all my insides.
I'm sticking out a bit on the top of my tummy, and people always put their hand there to feel her, but she's all on the lower half of my tummy.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:35 AM   #1061

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
This was me last weekend at 37 weeks

Attachment 47597

Getting increasingly uncomfortable and the thought of not having this baby for 3 weeks has me miserable!
So cute!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #1062
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
Start Date: December 2009
I am 14 weeks now! I think I am bringing up the rear in terms of due dates but really hoping for some positive tests for our TTC girls in December and January!

I have a tiny bump (tiny) but you would never, ever notice it. Only DH or I would if I pull my shirt up and stand to the side. But my tummy was super duper flat before (think victorias secret model) so any tiny bulge is noticeable.

*Note* I am not VS model thin, just my stomach is. My hips don't lie
Old 12-18-2012, 06:33 AM   #1063

Quote:

*Note* I am not VS model thin, just my stomach is. My hips don't lie
LOL
Old 12-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #1064

So the midwives want me to see a perinatologist....because of the GD. He has a pretty booked schedule, but the best thing we could figure out is to go the day after Christmas since I have that day off. So that means, I have to be VERY VERY good on Christmas! I can't risk there being any sugar in my urine at that appt! If he puts me on medication I can say bye bye to the midwives and hello to the hospital.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:51 AM   #1065
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
lori, have you had to do the 24-hour urine collection? that's about all i got out of my perinatologist appt. i thought he was a real D-bag and i told my obgyn about my opinion of him and she said, well i guess there's your motivation to keep your sugars down so you don't have to see him again i had to do a few collections during my pregnancy. those are a pain in the butt and i'd end up with "little brown jug" song stuck in my head all day.

TMI, lost the rest of the plug the other day, didn't know i still had that! LOL! my baby's only 2 months old now, sheesh! maybe now i'll get my cycle back.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:14 AM   #1066

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
lori, have you had to do the 24-hour urine collection? that's about all i got out of my perinatologist appt. i thought he was a real D-bag and i told my obgyn about my opinion of him and she said, well i guess there's your motivation to keep your sugars down so you don't have to see him again i had to do a few collections during my pregnancy. those are a pain in the butt and i'd end up with "little brown jug" song stuck in my head all day.

TMI, lost the rest of the plug the other day, didn't know i still had that! LOL! my baby's only 2 months old now, sheesh! maybe now i'll get my cycle back.
Nope, in fact I haven't even done the 3 hour glucose test. Only the 1 hour and I was given it very early...12 weeks! I wonder if they'll want me to do the 3 hour....sucks because I can't exactly miss work to do another fasting test. And how on earth would I do a 24 hour urine collection at my job!?
Old 12-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #1067
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Nope, in fact I haven't even done the 3 hour glucose test. Only the 1 hour and I was given it very early...12 weeks! I wonder if they'll want me to do the 3 hour....sucks because I can't exactly miss work to do another fasting test. And how on earth would I do a 24 hour urine collection at my job!?
YUP. i had to do it on my days off. it was quite the inconvenience even being at home, too! i was shopping in target and had to go so badly and had to rush home. i never had to do the 3hour because they were treating me as GD anyways, no need to jack my sugars up just to prove it.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #1068
Senior LCF Member

DP- You are adorable and all baby! Thanks for sharing.

I am around 245 right now and have a belly, so when I do get pregnant I'm sure it will take awhile to show. I'm afraid I'll just look fatter for awhile. I'm working on it though, still sticking to lowcarb. I need to add exercise in! We were just given a really nice stationary bike, so I'm going to start with that.

Temp is still up today at 14 DPO. I was looking at my chart this morning, I think Fertility Friend is a little off with my O date. I usually O 2 days after a positive OPK but had a rise and then dip below coverline on day 3 after a positive test, setting my O date back at least a day. Maybe I'm really 13 DPO. I had a dip to coverline at day 11, which of course makes my prego-crazy mind think it could be an implantation dip and that's why I haven't had a positive test yet. I wish I could post my chart for all the experienced lades to look at, it's just a lot different this month with a dip and now rise for 2 straight days instead of dropping to get ready for AF.

Shana
Old 12-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #1069

Gallery: pocahontas
Shana, you can chart for free at TCOYF.com. I find their charting software to be far more accurate that FF. Post a link and I will tell you what I think I have been charting for years so have experience with it. It's possible you had O with a fallback or you O'd a couple days later than you thought. This is why TCOYF rec's doing the deed through your rise and until O is confirmed. It's really not an exact science but super close!

I am rooting for you!!!

As for me, CD37, no TOM and a BFN over the weekend. I never thought I would say it but I wish TOM would get here so we can get going!

Old 12-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #1070
Senior LCF Member

Andi, I use FF because they have an app I downloaded to my Kindle. It makes it so easy to enter my temp daily. Charting is still confusing to me sometimes! I'd appreciate another more experienced opinion!

My Ovulation Chart
Old 12-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #1071

OK, so as I suspected, you either O'd as marked with a fallback the next day.....OR...you O'd 2 days later on the 6th.

Im not sure if FF has a Rule of Thumb (ROT) option but TCOYF would likely ROT your temp on the 5th and put O on the 6th.

Like I said, charting isnt an exact science but it can certainly put you in a range of just a couple days. The good news is that your chart is clearly biphastic so you certainly O'd!
Old 12-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #1072
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
OK, so as I suspected, you either O'd as marked with a fallback the next day.....OR...you O'd 2 days later on the 6th.

Im not sure if FF has a Rule of Thumb (ROT) option but TCOYF would likely ROT your temp on the 5th and put O on the 6th.

Like I said, charting isnt an exact science but it can certainly put you in a range of just a couple days. The good news is that your chart is clearly biphastic so you certainly O'd!

Yesss! O'ing is a dang good start I am a charting failure, so I was hoping Andi could give some advice!
Old 12-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #1073
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Shana, how long is your luteal phase normally?

AFM, I'm 3 DPO and I'm having what I'd describe as a light period for the last 4 days. I have never bled at this point in my cycle I've been taking an antibiotic and mucinex for the last few days. I wonder if that's the cause of the bleeding? Or the acupuncture? Either way, I sure hope we haven't lost our chance this month.

Last edited by CARLINI; 12-18-2012 at 12:31 PM..
Old 12-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #1074
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for looking, Andi! I thought I could see I O'd too, but wasn't sure when.

Carlini- My luteal phase has been between 13-16 days averaging around 15. If I did O when my chart indicates, my period would start tomorrow or the next day. Typically though, my temp would have starting dropping by now if AF was coming. I've also spotted when it's not time for AF and still O'd, so who knows? Did you know mucinex can be taken to help thin your cervial mucus and make it easier for the swimmers to get up to the egg?

Last edited by Oregon Transplant; 12-18-2012 at 01:01 PM..
Old 12-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #1075
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Charting and temping was way too intimidating to me. We just "tried" every other night of the whole month.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #1076

Quote:
Charting and temping was way too intimidating to me. We just "tried" every other night of the whole month.
That's a good plan too, if you know you are O'ing! Once I get my cycle back, I will continue to chart but we will do EOD too until closer to O then ED. It gets exhausting sometimes but its worth it!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #1077
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Hi, all! I used to post here quite a bit but fell off a few months back. But I may be back for good reason...my period should have started on Friday of last week, and it's still a no-show. I did take a home pregnancy test first thing this morning, and it was negative, but my cycle was all kinds of funky with my first pregnancy (the ultrasound dating did not AT ALL line up with when I'd had my last period), so who knows. I'll give it another week or two and see what happens. By then, whether I'm having any other symptoms or not, I'll probably go in for a gyn checkup anyway just to make sure everything's working as it should! We haven't used any birth control since Ben was born in March, so we're just waiting for the planets to align and let us know when we're ready for #2 I see recent discussion of temping, charting, etc., and I'm in the "I don't do it" camp as well. I only started tracking my periods really for social purposes - I've been travelling to visit family before and realized I didn't have any "supplies" with me and suddenly needed them. So, tracking when I have periods is the extent of it for me.

Another thing that leads me to believe I may be pregnant is that eating starchy carbs usually causes VERY bad gas and bloating for me. Grains, potatoes, corn, rice...any of the above will normally cause me stabbing abdominal pains and, umm, severely potent flatulence But suddenly, just within about the past week or so, that has completely stopped. This is bad because I feel "safe" eating more carbs than I would prefer, but I'm also wondering about the underlying cause for this newfound carb tolerance...perhaps slowed gastrointestinal motility as is typically caused by pregnancy? We shall see...

Anyway, great to see some familiar faces here (and, I believe, a few new babies and some who I'd seen TTC now reporting weeks along!!). I've got some catching up to do!
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 12-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #1078
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Jilly. How's Ben doing?

Shana, we're due for an update. You're 15DPO and your temps are still up!!

Last edited by CARLINI; 12-19-2012 at 11:54 AM..
Old 12-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #1079
Major LCF Poster!

Shana take another test, lady! You're killin me!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #1080

Quote:
Shana take another test, lady! You're killin me!
Seriously!

jilly - Great to see ya!
Closed Thread