Old 12-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #1021
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post

Lori ~ Have a home birth planned? That’s my goal, and everyone thinks I’m nuts.

:
Not exactly doing a home birth, if we had our own house maybe I would. We are planning to deliver at the midwife center, in the giant tub they have. Everyone thinks I'm nuts too, Especially since I have insurance and it would be free to go to the hospital, but we are paying cash for the midwife.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 12:08 AM   #1022
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: A long time ago
Krissy- Super cute picture, thanks for sharing!

Carlini- Our timing was good, like it has been nearly every month since March. I am extra vigilant with OPKs and temping. We BD every other day for about 2 weeks. It's exhausting, but if it's what we have to do, then we do it! I'm so excited about your accupuncture. I swear, if you get a BFP I'm signing myself up for it too!

DP- You're so close! I'm excited for you. I love your attitude, choosing to enjoy final weeks of your last pregnancy. It can't be easy, but you'll have that little girl in your arms before you know it.

Shana
Old 12-13-2012, 04:22 AM   #1023

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Appointment this morning. I'm really really hoping its my last one and I won't make it to the December 27th appointment
Old 12-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Appointment this morning. I'm really really hoping its my last one and I won't make it to the December 27th appointment
Good luck! A Christmas baby!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #1025

Very thin and baby is very low but no dilation. My next appointment is the 27th. If she isn't born we set an induction date. I don't want to wait another 3 weeks but my mom comes on the 4th and they would induce on the 6th so the timing would be right.

I was hoping shed be here for Christmas but now I think I'd rather wait. I'd hate to have my birthday super close to Christmas! Tough she is being named after my grandma who's birthday is Christmas Eve
Old 12-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #1026

Gallery: pocahontas
DP - DS's b-day is on January 8th. He is only 2 wks after Christmas but for some reason just being in a whole new month and year makes it seem like it is nowhere near Christmas!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #1027

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
DP - DS's b-day is on January 8th. He is only 2 wks after Christmas but for some reason just being in a whole new month and year makes it seem like it is nowhere near Christmas!
That's how I feel too!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Very thin and baby is very low but no dilation. My next appointment is the 27th. If she isn't born we set an induction date. I don't want to wait another 3 weeks but my mom comes on the 4th and they would induce on the 6th so the timing would be right.

I was hoping shed be here for Christmas but now I think I'd rather wait. I'd hate to have my birthday super close to Christmas! Tough she is being named after my grandma who's birthday is Christmas Eve
I have a friend who's bday is Christmas day and she hates it. Nobody ever wishes her a happy birthday.

That is really neat about the baby being named after grandma who was born on Christmas eve though! You just never know!
Old 12-14-2012, 04:15 AM   #1029

It's not fair for kids to have their birthdays on Christmas!! I'd do everything I could to make it special though. I also would hate to be in the hospital for Christmas this year. My son is so excited! He wouldn't really know the difference if we celebrated a different morning but still.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #1030
Senior LCF Member

Going crazy here, 10 DPO and my temps are still high. I've taken 2 early tests, (Target brand) and they both had a faint positive. I'm scared they were evap lines, since the blue dye tests are infamous for that. Also, last month I had a evap line on my Wondfo test too. I'll know in a few more days with my temp anyway. I hate this two week wait!!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #1031
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
Going crazy here, 10 DPO and my temps are still high. I've taken 2 early tests, (Target brand) and they both had a faint positive. I'm scared they were evap lines, since the blue dye tests are infamous for that. Also, last month I had a evap line on my Wondfo test too. I'll know in a few more days with my temp anyway. I hate this two week wait!!!!
Ok you know better than to come in here without a picture of those tests! I got an early result with first response 5 days early--my girlfriends swear by them and it is a pink test. I would run out and get a 3 pack tonight and test the next 3 mornings!

Andi-is AF here?
Old 12-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #1032
Senior LCF Member

I know, I should have taken a picture!!! I bought a pack of digital tests and if my temp is still up tomorrow morning, I'll test.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:20 AM   #1033
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shannonlanie
Stats: 205/182/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: nov 23
Fingers crossed for you Shana!!! I am still trying to track O here, no positive opk yet and temps seem odd,BUT I am 188lbs this morning! yay and was able to squeeze into a size 12 jeans yesterday, which was really awesome! I love this woe, and pray it brings me better health, along with a little bub poor ds is sick this weekend (cold) so trying to get him feeling better before next week, he is 4, and set to play santa clause in his preschools christmas play! I made him a little santa suit and we are really excited about it, just hope he is better by then, I hate when he isnt feeling well, and there isnt much I can do for him anyways, I look forward to hearing some good updates on everyone (i am still learning everyones names and situations) but wish all the best for everyone! Oh and Lori, I think it's wonderful for you to keep working out during your pregnancy, thats one thing I regret when i was pg with ds, I was soo out of shape for labor, and think it would have gone so much better had I been in better shape, so I think its awesome you are keeping it up!
Old 12-15-2012, 06:23 AM   #1034
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
Ok you know better than to come in here without a picture of those tests! I got an early result with first response 5 days early--my girlfriends swear by them and it is a pink test. I would run out and get a 3 pack tonight and test the next 3 mornings!

Andi-is AF here?
Those are the tests my good friend swore by too. I bought just those.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #1035

I used the early result tests too and tested positive 6 days early. It was a faint pink line but it was there. Got darker everyday I got closer to my period
Old 12-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #1036

OMG shana! I am crossing everything I've got for ya!!!

BFN for me today so I must just be having a long cycle. Now I can't wait for TOM to get here so I can get back to temping and we can get serious!
Old 12-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #1037
Senior LCF Member

I took a digital test this morning and it was negative. I think I'll only buy digital from now on, I'm so tired of trying to interpret pink or blue lines. But....my temp was still high this morning, highest yet since I o'd. My temp should be dropping, according to all my other charts for the past 8 months, so it's a confusing cycle. :/
Old 12-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #1038
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I took a digital test this morning and it was negative. I think I'll only buy digital from now on, I'm so tired of trying to interpret pink or blue lines. But....my temp was still high this morning, highest yet since I o'd. My temp should be dropping, according to all my other charts for the past 8 months, so it's a confusing cycle. :/
Digitals are way less sensitive, you'll need twice as much hcg in your urine to turn them positive. If you are only 11 dpo theres no way it would come up positive. If you want to use the digitals I would wait until after a missed AF.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #1039
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Shana, as long as your temps are up and af is not here, you're still in game. Praying for you!
Old 12-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #1040

Shana, I totally agree with CJ. I wouldnt even attempt a digi until AF was late. I also avoid the blue dye tests because of the evaps but the cheapie dollar store and wondfo's work well for me. You are still in the game girl!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #1041
Senior LCF Member

I bought 2 brands of digitals-ept and clear blue easy. Both said they were ok for use up to 5 days before a missed period. Sigh. I didn't know they were less sensitive! I was just trying to take the guesswork out of the equasion. I won't test for a few more days and will closely watch my temps.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #1042
Senior LCF Member

P.s. You are all so amazingly supportive! Thank you.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #1043
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I bought 2 brands of digitals-ept and clear blue easy. Both said they were ok for use up to 5 days before a missed period. Sigh. I didn't know they were less sensitive! I was just trying to take the guesswork out of the equasion. I won't test for a few more days and will closely watch my temps.
I bought an assortment of tests when we first started trying. Then, through my really good friend and reading online, I stuck with just the pink lines. I heard something about the blue lines not working as well as the pink lines. You think they could make that easy for something that is already as stressful and taking a pregnancy test!

Good luck!!

The ladies here are so super supportive!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #1044

27 weeks today! I was up half the night worrying because I didn't feel much movement yesterday. I'm feeling a lot now, so I'm happy!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:55 AM   #1045
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
27 weeks today! I was up half the night worrying because I didn't feel much movement yesterday. I'm feeling a lot now, so I'm happy!
I'm glad you are feeling tons of movement today! It seems like it is so easy to worry about the smallest stuff right now! I'm a big worry wart too.

I'm 19 weeks and I randomly had a emotional breakdown the other night because it has just been so long since we've had an ultrasound. Certain something was wrong for no reason.

They did an ultrasound at 6 and 7 weeks because of spotting, so they didn't do one at 12 weeks. I can't wait until the 26th, so we can see a baby not a grain of rice!

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 12-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #1046
Major LCF Poster!

OT: This was the chart I referred to when picking out tests, some of the info is a bit out of date Home Pregnancy Test hCG Levels & FAQ - Fertility Plus but you can see that the digital clear blue easy as well as the digital ept both need 50 mIu's of hcg while the brand I used early needs only 15-25 mIu. Target brand is listed at 50 as well.

Suzie: You are going to be amazed at the change! You will have a real baby in there!!
Old 12-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #1047

I have days where the baby is less active. I had one day I actually went to get seen because she barely moved for like 24 hours but I was very active during that time. Her movements now are starting to hurt at times. 13 days u til dd!
Old 12-17-2012, 06:16 AM   #1048
Major LCF Poster!

DP: She is gonna be here so soon! DH's uncle's birthday is on Christmas Eve and he loves it, but we make sure he gets lots of extra attention and presents. And he's 50! Little Stella's birthday will be special no matter what day it is, as long as you make is fun for her.

Suzie: Been meaning to ask, have you felt any kicks yet?

Lori: Time is going by so fast! Is 27 weeks third trimester?

OT: Were temps still up this morning?
Old 12-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #1049
Senior LCF Member

Temps are still above coverline and no spotting or cramping yet at 13 DPO. I have some Wondfo early test strips coming in the mail today, I think I'll be sticking with those to test from now on. I got 25 of them four around $10, which is much more economical for an obsessive tester like me! Impending AF symptoms closely mimic early pregnancy symptoms, so I start obsessing. It's so difficult when you want something to happen so badly, your mind plays tricks on you! I'll either have a visit from AF in the next couple of days or not. I just need to be patient. Thanks for listening ladies, it's nice to have a group to talk to that knows how it is. Only a few people IRL know we're TTC.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #1050
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Temps are still above coverline and no spotting or cramping yet at 13 DPO. I have some Wondfo early test strips coming in the mail today, I think I'll be sticking with those to test from now on. I got 25 of them four around $10, which is much more economical for an obsessive tester like me! Impending AF symptoms closely mimic early pregnancy symptoms, so I start obsessing. It's so difficult when you want something to happen so badly, your mind plays tricks on you! I'll either have a visit from AF in the next couple of days or not. I just need to be patient. Thanks for listening ladies, it's nice to have a group to talk to that knows how it is. Only a few people IRL know we're TTC.
girl! Still have fingers crossed tight for ya! I think it's smart to keep the TTC on the down low. So much easier to keep things between you and your husband (and us, of course).
Closed Thread