Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #991
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Hang in there DP! Let us know if Miss Stella makes up her mind about when she will be arriving

I am 13 weeks now, only 3 more weeks until our appointment to find out the gender. I'm super excited! January 3rd is our appointment.

Carlini I don't think you are crazy at all for trying acupuncture, I know some people love it. Come back in and let us know how it goes! DH and I had a nasty, nasty cold about a month ago and it was terrible, I was out of work for a day and half.

OT: Baby dust, baby dust, baby dust!

Flu shot question: Should I have had a flu shot by now? I've never had one before and just got the flu for the first time last year (awful, ugh).

Baby bump question: When did you guys start showing? Everyone seems to think I'll have a baby bump by Christmas but I'm thinking now way. I'll be 15/16 weeks then. I'm pretty tall and do a lot of ab work, so I think baby is going to be tucked in for quite some time.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #992
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Checking in. Made it to 37 weeks! Full term we installed the car seat today and packed the hospital bag. Tomorrow we will put up the bassinet. Hope I don't have another 5 weeks now
YAY!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #993

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
OT: Baby dust, baby dust, baby dust!

Flu shot question: Should I have had a flu shot by now? I've never had one before and just got the flu for the first time last year (awful, ugh).

Baby bump question: When did you guys start showing? Everyone seems to think I'll have a baby bump by Christmas but I'm thinking now way. I'll be 15/16 weeks then. I'm pretty tall and do a lot of ab work, so I think baby is going to be tucked in for quite some time.
Baby bump I think depends a lot on your weight. I'm a big girl so I didn't show at all til 20 weeks, and even now it's hard to tell if I'm pregnant or just fatter. But it looks like you're under 200, so it's likely you'll have a little thickness in your belly, but it probably won't be distiguisable as a baby bump to most people. Just my thoughts. I've seen friends that are your size not really show til 6 months!

Flu shot, you'll find so many different opinions on. In theory I'm against the flu shot, too many risk dangers etc. But I work in a job where I'm very likely to get the flu, and to me the risk of the show outweighed the risk to my baby of NOT getting the shot, so I got it. I'm still unsure if that was the right decision for me or not. It's very much a personal thing. Most people who work along in an office or are SAHM, don't tend to get it because they aren't in high risk places often. It's totally personal, do some research. Maybe Google, flu shot during pregnancy vs no flu shot and see what you find.
Being sick while pregnant sucks! I'm on my 4th or 5th cold already, and I had a stomach bug. Oh and the flu shot doesn't protect you 100% from getting the flu, my doc made sure I knew that!
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 12-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #994

Gallery: pocahontas
CJ - I would say your bump will start showing anywhere from 16-20 wks. I was overweight with DS and was at the end of that range.

I did get the flu shot when I was pregnant and I normally dont but I take public transpo and work in the City so its better safe than sorry IMO. They have a special one for pregnant women that doesnt contain some of the usual junk.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #995

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I showed as early as about 12 weeks with both pregnancies. This one I got bigger faster I think. I'm generally pretty petite though and I started this pregnancy at about 118lbs at 4'11
Old 12-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #996

Still no TOM and still no clue if or when I O'd. Gosh I am really kicking myself for not temping this cycle. What was I thinking? I'll test next weekend if nothing by then. Luckily I dont have any HPT's left or I would probably be POAS every day!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #997
Major LCF Poster!

Lol Andi!

The 5 day early ones are really sensitive
Old 12-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #998

enabler!

I really have no clue since we were just winging it and I missed a couple of very fertile days while the IL's were staying with us. Plus my body may have been a little wonky following the m/c. I wont be upset if this isnt it but you can bet your you know what that I will be back to charting next cycle!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #999

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
enabler!

I really have no clue since we were just winging it and I missed a couple of very fertile days while the IL's were staying with us. Plus my body may have been a little wonky following the m/c. I wont be upset if this isnt it but you can bet your you know what that I will be back to charting next cycle!
Crossing fingers!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #1000
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Well, you never know Andi! The little swimmers can live up in there for up to 3 days, so even if you BD'ed early, you could be pregnant! I'm still going to be excited for you, until you get AF.

I finally ovulated on day 22 of my cycle. That's so late, even for me. I'm 6 days DPO now. Sigh.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:39 AM   #1001

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Morning. Hanging in trying to enjoy my final time being pregnant. As much as I want my little girl here I am going to miss being pregnant AND miss my son being my only child. This is my last week of work so i plan on spending some time with him next week doing fun stuff. Things are getting busy around here with the holidays but it is making the time go a little faster at least.

Sending good vibes to everyone! Can't believe it's my turn now
Old 12-11-2012, 06:13 AM   #1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Morning. Hanging in trying to enjoy my final time being pregnant. As much as I want my little girl here I am going to miss being pregnant AND miss my son being my only child. This is my last week of work so i plan on spending some time with him next week doing fun stuff. Things are getting busy around here with the holidays but it is making the time go a little faster at least.

Sending good vibes to everyone! Can't believe it's my turn now
Enjoy it!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:21 AM   #1003
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
I return to work tomorrow so I am not putting my child down today! I can't believe its been 8 weeks already. I do need to get some groceries today and prep some foods for lunches. I definitely need a few days of induction because my eating has been off the charts.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:28 AM   #1004

Today will be interesting. I see my OB for the last time. Last time I was there her nurse must have wrote my weight down wrong because she was congratulating me on losing 8 pounds, and I was too sick to argue. (starting of stomach flu) So I know today she's going to be shocked by my weight. Granted, I've only gained 1 pound this month according to my scale! I'll also be turning in my paperwork to send my files to the midwife center, hoping to do it on my way out and avoid any hassle from the OB.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #1005
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Andi ~ I know youíre going bananas, but there is nothing wrong with taking a charting break.

Shana ~ Iím glad the egg came! Was timing good this month?

Krissy ~ I think weíre due for some new pictures

CJ ~ On the flu shot Ė Iím not a huge fan of them so I can't give an option there. How did the baby announcement at work go?

DP~ Enjoy every minute of it. :I bet itís the most amazing feeling in the world! Iím excited to see Stella when she arrives!

Lori ~ Are you still planning on a natural birth?

I have my second acupuncture appointment tonight. The first one went really well. I told her what my progesterone level was, and she said, ďThatís way too lowĒ! Yea no kidding. I wish my midwife agreed with that! We spent a lot of time going over my charts, medical history, and diet. She thinks she can ďbalanceĒ my cycle so I create the right hormones at the appropriate points in my cycle. It could take 1-2 cycles to see improvement. Iím still planning on making an appointment with the OB in January when my insurance changes. Iím not sure if I can even get pregnant with my progesterone so low, but weíre going to try anyway! The egg should be coming within the next few days.

Have a great day everyone!

Baby Boy born 10/11/13
Old 12-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #1006

Shana - I hope you caught the egg!

DP - How exciting! You are so close and I bet your DS will be thrilled to have a baby sister. Hang in there on your last week of work.

Krissy - Good idea going in mid week so you have a couple days to get back into the groove, then a weekend break. I agree with Carlini, we are due some pics of that princess!

Lori - good luck with the transfer!

Carlini - the charting break has been nice but it drives me batty at the same time. Im excited to learn about the acupuncture through your experience. I love that she looked through your charts, etc. that you find some peace with it, get the stars aligned and get pg soon!

Old 12-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Lori ~ Are you still planning on a natural birth?
!
YUP! So far everything is still going well enough!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #1008
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Hey ladies! I just want you to know that I'm still checking in and reading regularly when I get a minute! It has been so crazy busy around here. We had my stepson's birthday party tonight with about 25 people at our new house. It was a bit hectic, but nice to have everyone here!

I have a 19 week dr appointment Monday and the anatomy scan on the 26th. We are so excited that we are so very close to finding out boy or girl! Eek!

Sending everyone sticky eggs/happy & healthy pregnancy/good birth thoughts!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:45 AM   #1009
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shannonlanie
Stats: 205/182/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: nov 23
Good EARLY morning to everyone! It's 5:45 am here, it seems since starting low carb, I am waking up MUCH earlier than I use to! I feel rested but its kinda weird :/ anyways, glad to hear everyone is doing well, I am on like CD:17 or so, trying to temp, but I think my thermometer is off or something, I always get crazy temps, I have been testing with the opks everyday, and some look dark and then they look light again, so FX that I will get a positive! Been doing really good with the diet, not many cravings for things, we have been keeping our menu pretty simple. I find its easier to stick to that way,, down to 190 today! so its slow, but atleast its going down I was about 180 when I got pg with ds so maybe thats my magic number? lol Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:34 AM   #1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
Hey ladies! I just want you to know that I'm still checking in and reading regularly when I get a minute! It has been so crazy busy around here. We had my stepson's birthday party tonight with about 25 people at our new house. It was a bit hectic, but nice to have everyone here!

I have a 19 week dr appointment Monday and the anatomy scan on the 26th. We are so excited that we are so very close to finding out boy or girl! Eek!

Sending everyone sticky eggs/happy & healthy pregnancy/good birth thoughts!
YAY that's so exciting! Glad the party went well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonlanie View Post
Good EARLY morning to everyone! It's 5:45 am here, it seems since starting low carb, I am waking up MUCH earlier than I use to! I feel rested but its kinda weird :/ anyways, glad to hear everyone is doing well, I am on like CD:17 or so, trying to temp, but I think my thermometer is off or something, I always get crazy temps, I have been testing with the opks everyday, and some look dark and then they look light again, so FX that I will get a positive! Been doing really good with the diet, not many cravings for things, we have been keeping our menu pretty simple. I find its easier to stick to that way,, down to 190 today! so its slow, but atleast its going down I was about 180 when I got pg with ds so maybe thats my magic number? lol Have a great day everyone!
I hear ya, I'm up an hour before my alarm this morning, 445am...it's weird. But I'll take advantage of the extra time by sneaking in a quick work out!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #1011
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shannonlanie
Stats: 205/182/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: nov 23
I wish I was motivated to work out in the morning! lol....no, I am using my free time to play on the computer and cuddle my little weenie dog....lol its very cold this morning. about to wake ds and get him off to school, then maybe find the motivation for a work out!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:35 AM   #1012
KQT

Here she is! She loves kicking her little legs!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:39 AM   #1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonlanie View Post
I wish I was motivated to work out in the morning! lol....no, I am using my free time to play on the computer and cuddle my little weenie dog....lol its very cold this morning. about to wake ds and get him off to school, then maybe find the motivation for a work out!
Someone gave me a 10 minute prenatal work out video. It really makes it easier to work out when I know it's "ONLY" 10 minutes. I did my 10, then made a healthy low carb breakfast. Veggie avocado omelette! Now for the worst part of my mornings, getting in the shower when it's cold!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #1014
Major LCF Poster!

Shannon-I absolutely love that energy boost with low carb. So awesome! Sounds like you are getting down to a good weight for pregnancy, good luck!

Telling my bosses went really well. I work for the government and basically have a zillion people I report to but I ran it past the PI I work under and my team leader first. I had sent out an email asking them for a meeting but my team leader was worried something bad had happened (I reported one of my coworkers being harassed to him awhile ago and now he is on edge about it) and he grabbed my other boss and drove to my office. Showed up with a very concerned face My PI suspected it was good news though since I had to back out of a couple experiments due to being pregnant. They were thrilled! They are both family guys and our team is mostly women so a pregnant girl is pretty par the course, our team pumps out a baby about every two years on the regular Huge relief! Went great!! Now to see if my grad school funding from them still goes through, should be totally unaffected by my pregnancy (fingers crossed).

ETA: KQT!!! AHHHH THAT BABY!! So crazy precious!!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
LOVE THIS PIC!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #1016

Krissy - OMG, precious! Great idea to use the tree and ornaments as entertainment!

CD30 today and no TOM. I wouldnt be surprised if I have a wacky long cycle but if nothing by this weekend then I will test.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #1017
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Krissy - OMG, precious! Great idea to use the tree and ornaments as entertainment!

CD30 today and no TOM. I wouldnt be surprised if I have a wacky long cycle but if nothing by this weekend then I will test.
If TOM of the month shows up, be sure to celebrate with a glass of wine for me Your son is just the cutest I can see why you'd be anxious for another! I am picturing a little girl with his curls and the image is seriously too much

Suzie: What time is your ultrasound? I will be waiting patiently for the results!

We find out gender Jan. 3rd, I will be 17 weeks. Trying not to count the days!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #1018
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Andi ~ We must both be type A personalities. I know if I were you, Iíd be clawing at the walls too It sounds like youíre having a long cycle. Totally normal after a MC.

Lori ~ Have a home birth planned? Thatís my goal, and everyone thinks Iím nuts.

Suzie ~ I canít believe itís been 19 weeks already!

Shannon ~ Keep going on the diet

Krissy ~ I love me some Brooke!!

CJ ~ Iím glad it went well at work. I know you were worried.

AFM, I got my first positive OPK this morning. I was so excited to see two lines on something...anything. My plan is to use natural progesterone cream in the luteal phase, so weíll see how that goes. Iím still battling a sinus infection. Going on two weeks now. I may have to break down and take an antibiotic. Diet is going good, but Iím still not at induction level. Everytime I schedule a few down days to go through the induction flu, something Christmas/party related comes up. I might just have to cancel it all and get to it because my diet is just too important right now!

Acupuncture update: Last night she asked where I was in my cycle, and I said I should be Oing within the next few days. She put a few needles in my stomach area, which is not new, but then she put a heat lamp on them. Just imagine HOT needles in your tummy!! OMG!! I hope it did something.

Last edited by CARLINI; 12-12-2012 at 10:50 AM..
Old 12-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #1019
KQT

Thanks! She is mesmerized by the trees and colors of the lights and ornaments, she coos and kicks and pants like a dog. Last night we had our longest sleep, 11-5, more like 6 but the last hour was just grunts and toots.

carlini - hot needles! oww! thumbs up on the OPK.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #1020
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
If TOM of the month shows up, be sure to celebrate with a glass of wine for me Your son is just the cutest I can see why you'd be anxious for another! I am picturing a little girl with his curls and the image is seriously too much

Suzie: What time is your ultrasound? I will be waiting patiently for the results!

We find out gender Jan. 3rd, I will be 17 weeks. Trying not to count the days!!!
My ultrasound is at 8:15 am! So, luckily once the day gets here I won't have to wait too late in the day! I think I'm driving my husband nuts with the days countdown!! I don't care boy or girl and don't have any inklings, but I want to be able to say he/she instead of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Andi ~ We must both be type A personalities. I know if I were you, Iíd be clawing at the walls too It sounds like youíre having a long cycle. Totally normal after a MC.

Lori ~ Have a home birth planned? Thatís my goal, and everyone thinks Iím nuts.

Suzie ~ I canít believe itís been 19 weeks already!

Shannon ~ Keep going on the diet

Krissy ~ I love me some Brooke!!

CJ ~ Iím glad it went well at work. I know you were worried.

AFM, I got my first positive OPK this morning. I was so excited to see two lines on something...anything. My plan is to use natural progesterone cream in the luteal phase, so weíll see how that goes. Iím still battling a sinus infection. Going on two weeks now. I may have to break down and take an antibiotic. Diet is going good, but Iím still not at induction level. Everytime I schedule a few down days to go through the induction flu, something Christmas/party related comes up. I might just have to cancel it all and get to it because my diet is just too important right now!

Acupuncture update: Last night she asked where I was in my cycle, and I said I should be Oing within the next few days. She put a few needles in my stomach area, which is not new, but then she put a heat lamp on them. Just imagine HOT needles in your tummy!! OMG!! I hope it did something.
Thinking happy baby thoughts for you!

Quote:

I understanding the wanting to wait, but I would be chomping at the bits to test!! I went through so many tests while we were trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
Oh my gosh! She is so adorable and precious! I just want to snuggle her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Someone gave me a 10 minute prenatal work out video. It really makes it easier to work out when I know it's "ONLY" 10 minutes. I did my 10, then made a healthy low carb breakfast. Veggie avocado omelette! Now for the worst part of my mornings, getting in the shower when it's cold!
I need to get more active! I'm finally getting my energy back, not ready to sleep at 6 pm. I need to get walking around the neighborhood or something, of course now that I have my energy back the temperature is dropping.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Closed Thread