Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #961
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
I was never given the 3 hour test, only the 1 hour. And I was given it early and diagnosed at 12 weeks. I'm 25 weeks now, so this GD journey is a long one for me!
My OB doesn't look at my menu's but the dietician sure does! She makes sure I have exactly the amount of carbs, dairy and veggies they want me having. I get hassled already because I don't drink milk.
I had a nutritionist reviewing mine too but she never said a thing. I have always thought your team was super strict. I am not a milk drinker either, never have been, never will be. yuck!

Carlini - Thank you!!! Your plan sounds like a great one. Im doing OK on the diet, not as well as I want to but its baby steps for me. I really threw myself into a carb coma after the miscarriage so Im dusting myself off and getting back on the horse! I am still eating closer to maintenance levels but I tossed all the holiday cookies and ice cream and I feel much better.

My inlaws were visiting for the weekend and wouldnt you know, I had some very fertile CF (sorry TMI!) and we couldnt do a thing about it! Hopefully Sunday was good enough. Its driving me nuts that I chose not to temp this cycle. I am so used to knowing where I am at and if I have O'd, this doesnt work well with my personality.

Last edited by pocahontas; 12-03-2012 at 11:25 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #962
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I've had headaches on and off Suzie. They were worse with my first pregnancy but its common. As is the pain in your abdomen, especially the sides. At the beginning of this pregnancy sometimes it felt like when I stood up I was tearing in half! Hope you are feeling better
Thanks for sharing your experience! The pain definitely is worse if I move quickly or am transitioning positions. I haven't freaked out about it, because I've heard a lot of people talking about it being normal since everything is stretching.

The regular strength tylenol I'm allowed doesn't seem to want to touch the headaches, so I just stopped taking them. I don't like taking anything anyways, but much more so if it isn't helping!
Old 12-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #963
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dooditsglory
Stats: 211preg 185 post/174/145
WOE: Primal lc
Start Date: August 13,2013
Suzie, i get the headaches and pain when moving or transitioning as well.I don't take anything for it either tylenol will not do anything for my headaches.

Went in for an U/S and bloodwork everything is great.Baby measured 5 weeks 6 days and we saw our munchkins heartbeart <3. HCG is at about 28000 so thats great! I am having a buttload of symptoms and i know i am early but having a hard time working.I just hope I do not get fired.This baby is so much more important to me than my job.I am about to start in a new department but am really looking at work from home jobs.We will see what happens.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #964

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
I had a nutritionist reviewing mine too but she never said a thing. I have always thought your team was super strict. I am not a milk drinker either, never have been, never will be. yuck!
Yeah they are strict! I start with the Midwife Thursday, I think they will be less strict, hopefully I'll get the clear to ditch the doc and just focus on the rest of my pregnancy with the midwife! WISH ME LUCK PLEASE!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #965
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: A long time ago
Carlini- Yes, I've been ovulating with the Clomid...but I'm still waiting for it on this cycle. I'm on day 20 and my OPK's still haven't turned and no temp increase. I'm hoping it's just a longer cycle and I'll still O.

I've been back on track this week, I've had to ease into lowcarb. Sometimes I can just do it, but not always. I've been on plan, except for pumpkin bake and peanuts. Both lowcarb, but not for induction! Still, much, much better than how I was eating last week! I've also got an exercise bike so I can get active again. I've also ordered L-Glutamine and Chromium Picolinate to help with cravings. Chromium apparently also help increase sperm count, so I'm going to have hubby take it too.

We're going to Hawaii at the end of January and I've been wasting time not watching what I'm eating. I'm feeling the pressure to lose now! I guess, all along I though I'd be pregnant by the time we went and I wouldn't have to worry about it. I've been TTC as a crutch to eat whatever I want. I'm back up to 249 now. It's seriously time to get it all together.

Shana
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #966
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Victory at my appointment today! Not only did I get out of doing the glucose test in favor of an a1c (which is accurate enough for their concerns, it's mostly OBs who poopoo them during pregnancy), but the midwife looked at my diet record on my iPad and asked if I was Paleo. I said I was, essentially, and she thought it looked great. Did nothing but compliment my nutrition and my vitals were excellent (BP was 119/70, baby's heart rate was 150 BPM, measuring five weeks ahead with a 29 cm fundal height, all very typical for me ).

She wasn't my main midwife but the one who will be assisting her, and also the director of the birth center. It was just awesome and a complete relief to have someone looking st my diet and vitals in a supportive way. I was girding for some resistance and haven't encountered any. Yay for midwives!

On a pregnancy break with baby #5 until January 2015
Old 12-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #967
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post

Carlini - Thank you!!! Your plan sounds like a great one. Im doing OK on the diet, not as well as I want to but its baby steps for me. I really threw myself into a carb coma after the miscarriage so Im dusting myself off and getting back on the horse! I am still eating closer to maintenance levels but I tossed all the holiday cookies and ice cream and I feel much better.

My inlaws were visiting for the weekend and wouldnt you know, I had some very fertile CF (sorry TMI!) and we couldnt do a thing about it! Hopefully Sunday was good enough. Its driving me nuts that I chose not to temp this cycle. I am so used to knowing where I am at and if I have O'd, this doesnt work well with my personality.
I'm laughing at having fertile CM with your inlaws around. That has happened to me before, we still went for it
M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience! The pain definitely is worse if I move quickly or am transitioning positions. I haven't freaked out about it, because I've heard a lot of people talking about it being normal since everything is stretching.

The regular strength tylenol I'm allowed doesn't seem to want to touch the headaches, so I just stopped taking them. I don't like taking anything anyways, but much more so if it isn't helping!
If Tylenol isn't helping, some caffeine and then some sleep is about the best you can do. Boo to headaches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooditsglory View Post
Suzie, i get the headaches and pain when moving or transitioning as well.I don't take anything for it either tylenol will not do anything for my headaches.

Went in for an U/S and bloodwork everything is great.Baby measured 5 weeks 6 days and we saw our munchkins heartbeart <3. HCG is at about 28000 so thats great! I am having a buttload of symptoms and i know i am early but having a hard time working.I just hope I do not get fired.This baby is so much more important to me than my job.I am about to start in a new department but am really looking at work from home jobs.We will see what happens.
Great news on the blood work! The first few weeks are just hard, hang in there.

Quote:
Yeah they are strict! I start with the Midwife Thursday, I think they will be less strict, hopefully I'll get the clear to ditch the doc and just focus on the rest of my pregnancy with the midwife! WISH ME LUCK PLEASE!
I am sending you all my diet vibes, they worked for me! Just stick to your plan and defend as needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
Carlini- Yes, I've been ovulating with the Clomid...but I'm still waiting for it on this cycle. I'm on day 20 and my OPK's still haven't turned and no temp increase. I'm hoping it's just a longer cycle and I'll still O.

I've been back on track this week, I've had to ease into lowcarb. Sometimes I can just do it, but not always. I've been on plan, except for pumpkin bake and peanuts. Both lowcarb, but not for induction! Still, much, much better than how I was eating last week! I've also got an exercise bike so I can get active again. I've also ordered L-Glutamine and Chromium Picolinate to help with cravings. Chromium apparently also help increase sperm count, so I'm going to have hubby take it too.

We're going to Hawaii at the end of January and I've been wasting time not watching what I'm eating. I'm feeling the pressure to lose now! I guess, all along I though I'd be pregnant by the time we went and I wouldn't have to worry about it. I've been TTC as a crutch to eat whatever I want. I'm back up to 249 now. It's seriously time to get it all together.
Baby steps are fine if it gets you closer. I'm one of those who has to white knuckle it cleanly for a few days to get back on track, easing doesn't work, but whatever gets you there is the best solution for you!

Just get back on track and don't get discouraged, you do the best you can and that's good enough
Old 12-04-2012, 05:57 AM   #968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Mama View Post
Victory at my appointment today! Not only did I get out of doing the glucose test in favor of an a1c (which is accurate enough for their concerns, it's mostly OBs who poopoo them during pregnancy), but the midwife looked at my diet record on my iPad and asked if I was Paleo. I said I was, essentially, and she thought it looked great. Did nothing but compliment my nutrition and my vitals were excellent (BP was 119/70, baby's heart rate was 150 BPM, measuring five weeks ahead with a 29 cm fundal height, all very typical for me ).

She wasn't my main midwife but the one who will be assisting her, and also the director of the birth center. It was just awesome and a complete relief to have someone looking st my diet and vitals in a supportive way. I was girding for some resistance and haven't encountered any. Yay for midwives!
That is great news! WTG!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:18 AM   #969

Ok my fasting blood sugars have been over 100 for the last week! I need to get them back down. I've dropped my carbs dramatically and most of the day am getting good readings.

My midwife won't like these numbers! I don't want to get turned away on my first appointment!

Any advice or tips?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #970

Quote:
Ok my fasting blood sugars have been over 100 for the last week! I need to get them back down. I've dropped my carbs dramatically and most of the day am getting good readings.

My midwife won't like these numbers! I don't want to get turned away on my first appointment!

Any advice or tips?
My only advice is to do what you need to do to get your numbers down and if that means eating far lower carb than they recommend, so be it! They have to give somewhere and if the diet isnt working, you know what does.

Taryl - I tried to get DH to go for it but he is a prude!

Not much going on over here, still in limbo as to whether I O'd or not so we will keep doing the baby dance until AF shows or not! My OB called and wants to do a follow up, I passed. I am not up for it and after our conversation about how the whole thing played out, I am certain I passed everything and so is she. It was nice that she called but I will be finding a new OB when the time comes because I was not happy with her staff or the way they did things, they were so unorganized and wasted a lot of my time.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #971
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LucilleMcgill
Stats: 235/235/150
Start Date: 9/5/2014
Lori~ I hope you can get your numbers down too! I have not met with a dietician yet but I am not eating a lot of carbs. I know they won't like it but you have to do what works best for you. I agree 100% with what Andi said! I'm feeling great on low carb and my energy has soared the last couple of days. This is my 6th day sugar/grain free and lower carb,higher fat. Really this GD diagnosis has been a blessing in disguise for me. I wish I could help you more with suggestions but I'm just finding my way too. I'm rooting for you though!

Arctic_Mama~ I'm so happy your appointment went well. That is the best news. It seams so many of us are in the same boat with thinking we'll get flack for our diets, etc. It's wonderful when you get the opposite!

Oregon Transplant~ Good luck getting back into low carb. Hope it helps TTC!

Dooditsglory~ It's so wonderful seeing/hearing that little heart beat!!! Sorry your not feeling well.

Suzie~ I get a lot of Braxton-Hicks with my pregnancies but this time around have been having round ligament pain. It feels a lot different from BH for me. Sharp, pulling, sometimes ripping pain on my right side. Particularly if I am really active. I had headaches in the first trimester but not too much after that. Tylenol is useless for me. I hope something helps you!!!

Andi~ Your avatar is beautiful! Good job throwing out the holiday junk. Good luck getting back on track. I appreciate your advice on my last post.

SouthernCJ~ I hope that talk with your boss goes well!!!

Disney Princess~ Hope time passes quickly for you these next few weeks. It can be grueling a the end!!

Carlini~ Good Luck TTC!!!!

RobbyC~ I'm sorry about the baby. I am really glad you didn't have to have the D&C.

shannonlanie~ Good luck TTC!!!! I'm 27 weeks due around Feb.28th!

I hope I haven't missed anyone!! I hope you all are well. My diet has been going great! I started a journal to keep track of my BS numbers. It's so funny how I could not stick with my low carb plan when it was just for vanity's sake but now that it's immediately health related I am having no problems. I actually like it, which is strange But my energy has been wonderful (no naps) my brain fog is gone. I plan on sticking with this WOE from now on!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #972
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooditsglory View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Mama View Post

If Tylenol isn't helping, some caffeine and then some sleep is about the best you can do. Boo to headaches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucilleMcgill View Post
Suzie~ I get a lot of Braxton-Hicks with my pregnancies but this time around have been having round ligament pain. It feels a lot different from BH for me. Sharp, pulling, sometimes ripping pain on my right side. Particularly if I am really active. I had headaches in the first trimester but not too much after that. Tylenol is useless for me. I hope something helps you!!!
Thanks ladies! I hadn't thought of trying caffeine. I may try that next time. I, in general, rarely have caffeine. Even when I want a soda, it is usually Sprite. I headed back to work today and had to fight a headache midday, but thankfully not as bad as what I woke up with yesterday.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #973

Thank you Lucille!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:47 AM   #974
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shannonlanie
Stats: 205/182/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: nov 23
good morning ladies! hope all is well with you! i just wanted to check in this morning, things are ok on my end, down to 192 this am! still a long way away from goal, but it sure is nice to see that number going down AF finally over, so i have been temping the last 3 days, really hoping to track O this month! i never had much luck bbt charting, but probably because i wasnt ovulating, so fingers crossed! so, last night, we went out to dinner for the first time since starting LC, i've got dh trying to LC as well, we went to Chlli's, and when we first sat down, we were both sooo tempted to order how we would before LC, like chips and salsa, buffalo wings, and things like that, but I am proud to say, we held strong, We both ordered a house salad, then a 6oz steak with a side of broccolli, the salads even came with crutons and we picked them off even though i would have really really liked to have eaten them LoL, anyways, we ate and left, and I felt so proud of us for not given in, I know its only a small victory, but we proved we could do this! thanks for letting me ramble ladies hope everyone has an awesome day!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #975

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonlanie View Post
good morning ladies! hope all is well with you! i just wanted to check in this morning, things are ok on my end, down to 192 this am! still a long way away from goal, but it sure is nice to see that number going down AF finally over, so i have been temping the last 3 days, really hoping to track O this month! i never had much luck bbt charting, but probably because i wasnt ovulating, so fingers crossed! so, last night, we went out to dinner for the first time since starting LC, i've got dh trying to LC as well, we went to Chlli's, and when we first sat down, we were both sooo tempted to order how we would before LC, like chips and salsa, buffalo wings, and things like that, but I am proud to say, we held strong, We both ordered a house salad, then a 6oz steak with a side of broccolli, the salads even came with crutons and we picked them off even though i would have really really liked to have eaten them LoL, anyways, we ate and left, and I felt so proud of us for not given in, I know its only a small victory, but we proved we could do this! thanks for letting me ramble ladies hope everyone has an awesome day!

Good luck and congrats on a successful meal out! Keep up the good work!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:39 AM   #976

Well since my insurance is changing and will have me assigned to a different hospital (if I can't go with the midwife), one of the hospitals I can be assigned to is a fancy posh hospital that all the upper class people and some celebs go to....but more importantly my Midwife clinic works closely with this hospital and a doctor on staff (who I happen to have worked with myself, he was a doc when I worked in the hospital maternity ward at another hospital, and I helped my friend deliver her baby 2 years ago and he was her doc, he was also my sisters doc 10 years ago with her last child) So I've decided to switch OB's mid pregnancy! I'm sure this will come with some challenges but since he works with the midwives, I know he will be much more receptive to my strange request then my current OB. (request like delayed cord clamping, no episotomy, no Vit K etc) I talk to the insurance company today then schedule my next appointment! Wish me luck with this transition, it won't be easy but I know it will be for the best!
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 12-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #977

Shannon - Congrats on sticking to your woe!

Lori - Good luck with the transition!

Nothing much going on over here except that I am driving myself insane wondering if I O'd this cycle or not. Serves me right for not temping. I typically have 28-30 day cycles so maybe when CD 30 rolls around I will just test if AF isnt here. I hate this!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #978
Senior LCF Member

Lori~ that sounds like a great switch to make!!! I switched mid pregnancy with my first baby and it was a pretty smooth transition. I am thrilled that this OB works closely with your midwives and you're more likely to have the birth care you want. I have had 3 babies and never needed an episiotomy (or a stitch) and I am sure it is because of the attentiveness of my midwives. Episiotomies scare me. I am so happy things are moving in a good direction for you!!

I had an appointment today with a Physician's Assistant that my midwife suggested. She is knowledgeable about diabetes and I don't really have a PCP. She saw my blood glucose numbers for the week and said they were perfect. She even said that with my fasting and 3 hour number for my 3 hour glucose that she thinks I may have a glucose sensitivity more than Diabetes as suggested by my midwife. I have lost 4 pounds but she was not concerned. I was happy that she took my blood for an A1C test today. I should get those results tomorrow. No matter if this is diabetes, glucose sensitivity or whatever...I will not go back to high carb eating. I can totally see myself not touching sugar or wheat (maybe even most grains) again!!! Love how I feel right now!

Last edited by LucilleMcgill; 12-05-2012 at 12:00 PM..
Old 12-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #979
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
Start Date: December 2009
I need to come back and read through all these posts! Just got back from the doctor and we did get to see baby on ultrasound but it wasn't a nuchal scan (the neck looked good to me though but what do I know). We were so surprised to see how much the baby has changed this month! It looked like an actual baby and he/she squirmed around when the doctor pressed on my stomach.

We weren't expecting an ultrasound, just hoping to hear the heartbeat on doppler. So glad DH came! He was amazed by it and so was I!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #980

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucilleMcgill View Post
Lori~ that sounds like a great switch to make!!! I switched mid pregnancy with my first baby and it was a pretty smooth transition. I am thrilled that this OB works closely with your midwives and you're more likely to have the birth care you want. I have had 3 babies and never needed an episiotomy (or a stitch) and I am sure it is because of the attentiveness of my midwives. Episiotomies scare me. I am so happy things are moving in a good direction for you!!

I had an appointment today with a Physician's Assistant that my midwife suggested. She is knowledgeable about diabetes and I don't really have a PCP. She saw my blood glucose numbers for the week and said they were perfect. She even said that with my fasting and 3 hour number for my 3 hour glucose that she thinks I may have a glucose sensitivity more than Diabetes as suggested by my midwife. I have lost 4 pounds but she was not concerned. I was happy that she took my blood for an A1C test today. I should get those results tomorrow. No matter if this is diabetes, glucose sensitivity or whatever...I will not go back to high carb eating. I can totally see myself not touching sugar or wheat (maybe even most grains) again!!! Love how I feel right now!
No stitches? That's great to her! Yay on the PA, do you know what your 1 hour glucose results were? I'm curious. My docs nurse said it was a little high, but my doc treated me like it was super high! Wheat and sugar are evil, been trying to cut them out for a long time. Unfortunately most of the sugar sweeteners aren't any better. I try to only use Stevia, but man in the real world it's very hard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
I need to come back and read through all these posts! Just got back from the doctor and we did get to see baby on ultrasound but it wasn't a nuchal scan (the neck looked good to me though but what do I know). We were so surprised to see how much the baby has changed this month! It looked like an actual baby and he/she squirmed around when the doctor pressed on my stomach.

We weren't expecting an ultrasound, just hoping to hear the heartbeat on doppler. So glad DH came! He was amazed by it and so was I!
That's great! So glad you both got to hear and see the baby! It really is neat how quickly the baby changes from a blob on the screen to a little person with arms and legs!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:17 AM   #981
Senior LCF Member

SouthernCJ~ That is so exciting seeing the baby. It's amazing how quickly they change!

Lori~ My 1 hour results were 144. They wanted them below 140. So I assumed because I wasn't too much over that my 3 hour would be fine but it wasn't. My results for the 3 hour were 98 fasting, 224 @ 1hour, 204 @ 2 hours and 78 at 3 hours. So not so great for the 1 and 2 hour mark. Stevia is the only sweetener I use now. I use the NuNaturals brand. I have had such a hard time in the past but with this new GD scare I have tunnel vision, just want to get healthy.

My fasting was 103 this morning and I am wondering if it was because I had berries with 1/2 &1/2 and a little stevia last night. They had been below 90 for a few days. But I had lost 4 pounds sice last week since low carbing and I was trying to increase carbs a bit and calories. I think I'll just stick with upping the calories and not the carbs for now. I read up on the A1C test last night and I am a little nervous for the results now. I didn't know anything about the test. So if I read correctly it takes an average/percentage of your blood glucose over the last 2-3 months. I know I was not eating clean for the past 2-3 months. So I'm expecting a high number. But I am on the right track and hope that it is just another indication of how serious I have to take eating well (low carb) and exercising.

Hope you all have a great day! I'll check in later
Old 12-06-2012, 06:44 AM   #982

My body does not like berries, always spikes my blood sugar like crazy! I tend to do better with apples and even oranges!

My fastings have come down the last two days, 98 and 94, by doing what I know to do diet wise and not sticking so closely to the GD diet. All last week they were 100-1106.
I did cheat and have pizza last night as we had people over helping us paint the house and I bought pizza for everyone and that's all there way. I only had 2 pieces, and was happy to see no gain on the scale today and a perfect (94) fasting this morning!

My 1 hour fasting glucose test was 180, so I guess that is pretty high compared to yours!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #983

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I'm starting to nest a little bit took off work this morning and planned on just relaxing with my son but instead ended up vacuuming the whole house and scrubbing the floors. Would do more but the other kids are coming soon
Old 12-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #984
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Hi Gals

I'm getting over a nasty cold. Because I was running a fever for several days, and didn't temp when I was in Chicago for Thanksgiving, I don't have much of a chart this cycle. I think I'm gearing up to O within the next week or so. My plan is BD EOD for now.

Well I've gone crazy and signed up for acupuncture. My first appointment is tonight. Since I'm facing Clomid and Progesterone Supps, I thought I would try this route with a low carb diet and exercise to see if it corrects my cycle.

How's everyone's diet coming? I'm off the sugar, but I need to take the final step and get back in ketosis. That's planned for this weekend.

Baby Boy born 10/11/13
Old 12-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #985

Carlini - acupuncture is a great idea!!! As for the diet, I am same as you. Off the sugar, need to take the next steps.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #986
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Carlini, I think accupuncture sounds great! I'm looking into supplements, as an alternative to the Clomid. The longest you should take it is 6 months.

Well, my chart this month is not making me happy. I had a positive OPK 3 days ago, but not much of a temperature shift. I think I might cry if I have an annovultary cycle while I'm taking Clomid...especially with hubby's sperm count issue. I've only had one annovulatry cycle since I started charting and I was hoping it was a fluke.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #987
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
I am done pumping, I am bummed but I gave it a good effort. I saw the endo today and she bumped me back to 2000 metformin/day for my pcos and the bubbleguts are in full force! Its going to be a long couple of weeks getting back on a healthy diet! My a1c was 5.7 but i have gained a little back since weaning off pumping, so she was ok with the increase of met but didn't want me back on the byetta. I know how I need to eat for insulin resistance, just gotta buckle down and do it. She also recommended lo loestrin for birth control, so I am just waiting for my first cycle to appear. She said she takes it and has noticed less migraines so this might be a good thing. I would really like to drop another 30 lbs if/when we start ttc for the next one.

Carlini, I am totally onboard with acccupuncture! I am excited to hear how it goes for you!

Lori, I am glad you saw results doing what you know you need to do as far as your eating goes. Sometimes our pregnant bodies just know what to do and will surprise us like that.

Good luck to the ladies here ttc! It can and will happen. Fingers crossed!
Old 12-07-2012, 04:28 AM   #988

Morning. I'm at the stage now where I'm looking for every little sign of labor. I did is wi my son too and it never came! Lol. Last night I was so nauseous and moody. Let's see what today brings!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #989

Fasting blood sugar was 93 this morning! Last week I was seeing 103! So glad to see these downward trend!
At the midwife yesterday my blood pressure was 90/50! I've never seen it that low, but they didn't seem concerned. I thought it was funny, because I was expecting it to be high, with all the back pain I was experiencing and an oncoming cold.
First appointment with midwife went good, except that they want me on another sweet success (GD program) at another hospital. So they'll push the same diet most likely. This is because they have to have me see a perinatologist and he will only see me if I do the sweet success program at his hospital. I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing, as long as my blood sugars are where they should be, I don't see where they have a place to say anything. Right?
I'm eating about 50-70 carbs a day. Only protein and veggies for breakfast as my blood sugar is too sensitive in the mornings. My meals are mostly low carb, but I'll add in some corn or beans to give me a little carb. And my snacks are Kays Naturals, or some of my left over MF foods, they are all controlled carb and high protein. And it seems to be working very well!
Old 12-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #990

Checking in. Made it to 37 weeks! Full term we installed the car seat today and packed the hospital bag. Tomorrow we will put up the bassinet. Hope I don't have another 5 weeks now
Closed Thread