Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #901
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
DP I hope that eases up for you. Are you drinking enough water? I know dehydration can irritate the uterus.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #902

Gallery: pocahontas
DP - you and Stella are adorable!

Robby - I am so sorry. Please take a day or two off work if you can. I didnt and wish I had. Instead I went through some pretty bad cramps and bleeding/passing while at work and it was horrible. It was terrible to go through that and not be able to show any emotion. I wish I had stayed home and cried through it all. DH and I cuddled a lot in the evenings that week.

I hope everyone had a great Turkey Day! We went to my sisters for a couple days and got back home yesterday afternoon. Im going to do some shopping today and DH and DS are going to have a boys day.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #903

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Yup- over a gallon of water a day. Sometimes I'm so bad I can't stand up straight. I'm hoping this means I won't be 2 weeks late..though I don't want to think of going into labor at 35 weeks either. Hopefully she is just getting ready.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #904
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! DP your picture is so cute!

Still not pregnant here. I'm visiting family out of state, but will be back on Tuesday. I need to get back to LC stat. I've been eating nothing but garbage and I feel it.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #905
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RobbyC
Stats: 236.4/223/199 (First goal 1-derland!)
Thanks Andi! I was worried about the cramping coming back, but it hasn't yet. I think I will ask for sometime off, once it is confirmed. I know it's crazy, because I don't feel pregnant anymore, but to actually hear someone say I lost it, will be so hard. I only work Wed and Thurs night next week, and my appt is Thursday afternoon, so I will probably call in for sure on Thursday.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #906

Robyn, Looking back on it, I didnt feel pregnant either. My first pregnancy I had almost no symptoms but I did have sore boobs and this time I didnt for very long. I kept waiting for the things that I remembered to kick in and they never did. I think all those feelings and worries in the back of my mind come rushing out when the nurse called and told me my progesterone was so low. It was almost like I knew when I went in to the u/s. Also, I didnt have any spotting or bleeding until after 10wks along and the u/s showed that the baby had stopped growing at 6wk3d so it can take some time to go through it. Hang in there! I never lost hope either until the doctor told me straight up. Im stubborn like that.

Carlini - So glad to hear from you! I need to get my eating under control too. I had a couple weeks of carbage and now Im paying the price. Time to crack down!

Im not temping this cycle but I am still charting and I decided to use OPK's to see if I could get an idea of when O will come. My OPK this morning was getting there so hopefully I will O before DH's parents show up on Friday because its just my luck that we will miss it! That happened to us several times last summer!

Last edited by pocahontas; 11-26-2012 at 12:40 PM..
Old 11-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #907
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LucilleMcgill
Stats: 240/209/150
WOE: low/moderate carb
Start Date: 11/19/2012 while pregnant b/c Gestational Diabetes
Hey girls! I posted a couple of months ago and haven't posted since. I have dial-up and it's inconsistent at best. So loading things was driving me nuts. My husband got a new phone jack and so far so good! I hope to be posting here often. I've read through the posts I've missed and wanted to say congratulations to you ladies expecting and I am also saddened by the losses that a couple of you have had recently. I have been there and my heart goes out to you.

I am 27 weeks now. I failed my 1 hour glucose last week, by 4 points! So tomorrow I have to take the 3 hour. I really do not want to do that but I feel like I have to because the midwives might say I can't deliver at their birth center if I don't. They have an issue with my BMI. I have only gained 9 pounds so far. They are pleased with that. These midwives are very clinical and NOT minimalists like I'm used to. Before we moved I had THE best midwives and had 2 babies at home and 1 water birth at their birth center. It was wonderful and my weight was never an issue. So I've had so many things on my mind lately concerning weight and labor etc, etc. I'm starting to watch carbs again. I will admit that I wasn't. I am always confused about whether or not it's okay to cut carbs while pregnant. I did some research last night and it seems as though the recommendation during pregnancy is that lower carb is fine but to avoid ketosis. I can do that! I just want to state my case tomorrow and tell her that I'll be lower carbing and see if it would be okay to skip the 3 hour glucose test. Especially since I was only 4 points over.

They drew my blood 1/2 hour late for the 1 hour test anyway. I wonder if that made a difference? Anyone know it if that would make the number higher?

Sorry I am really long winded It feels so good to know that there are ladies out there dealing with the same things I am/do! I really have no one that understands the whole being overweight and pregnant and watching carbs thing!!!

Hope you are all well!!!

Last edited by LucilleMcgill; 11-26-2012 at 01:41 PM..
Old 11-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #908
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Andi, I am so happy to see that you are feeling ok and ready to start again. Robby, I am so sorry you have to go through this. Sounds like you both have great husbands to help alongside you.

Tomorow is my 6wk checkup. I have been having horrible migraines postpartum. I need some good drugs to function because yesterday's migraine was rough. 2 excedrin migraine and a darvocet later and no letup, I finally had to go to bed because that was going to be the only way to get rid of it and I still woke up in a foggy hangover.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #909

LucilleMcGill - Gestational diabetes is not something I would mess with, especially if you want to have the birth you desire. I would do the 3hr and plan on passing it since you were so close on the 1hr. GD babies are large and hard to birth, your midwife needs to be cautious and I dont blame her. Good luck!

Krissy - I really am ready to do this again. I feel like I am truly supposed to be pregnant, its in the stars......somewhere! So after a few long talks, DH and I decided to just go for it. My doctor is supportive and we are ready.

Im sorry to hear of your migraines. I hope your doc can offer some suggestions of relief.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #910

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucilleMcgill View Post
Hey girls! I posted a couple of months ago and haven't posted since. I have dial-up and it's inconsistent at best. So loading things was driving me nuts. My husband got a new phone jack and so far so good! I hope to be posting here often. I've read through the posts I've missed and wanted to say congratulations to you ladies expecting and I am also saddened by the losses that a couple of you have had recently. I have been there and my heart goes out to you.

I am 27 weeks now. I failed my 1 hour glucose last week, by 4 points! So tomorrow I have to take the 3 hour. I really do not want to do that but I feel like I have to because the midwives might say I can't deliver at their birth center if I don't. They have an issue with my BMI. I have only gained 9 pounds so far. They are pleased with that. These midwives are very clinical and NOT minimalists like I'm used to. Before we moved I had THE best midwives and had 2 babies at home and 1 water birth at their birth center. It was wonderful and my weight was never an issue. So I've had so many things on my mind lately concerning weight and labor etc, etc. I'm starting to watch carbs again. I will admit that I wasn't. I am always confused about whether or not it's okay to cut carbs while pregnant. I did some research last night and it seems as though the recommendation during pregnancy is that lower carb is fine but to avoid ketosis. I can do that! I just want to state my case tomorrow and tell her that I'll be lower carbing and see if it would be okay to skip the 3 hour glucose test. Especially since I was only 4 points over.

They drew my blood 1/2 hour late for the 1 hour test anyway. I wonder if that made a difference? Anyone know it if that would make the number higher?

Sorry I am really long winded It feels so good to know that there are ladies out there dealing with the same things I am/do! I really have no one that understands the whole being overweight and pregnant and watching carbs thing!!!

Hope you are all well!!!
If they took your blood a half hour late then the number they got was actually lower then it should have been.
I got diagnosed with GD at 12 weeks. I've been on the so called GD diet and let me tell you, it's VERY high carb as far as I'm concerned. I'm gaining much faster now then I was. (gained 10 the first two weeks of the diet, but now back to 1-2 pounds a week) I'm almost 280 and I asked the midwives about my weight at 240 and they looked at me like I was crazy for thinking that was an issue! They said the only issue is that my GD has to be diet controlled, if I get put on meds for it they will not be able to deliver my baby. So I'm trying everything I can to keep the numbers down! Even skipping some of the carbs they want me to be eating.

I never had to do the 3 hour test...thank GOD! I'm 24 weeks now.

Best of luck! Keep us updated!
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 11-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #911
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shannonlanie
Stats: 205/182/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: nov 23
hello ladies! i hope youu wont mind my joining in! I am new to low carbing and ttc at the same time, been ttc for2 years withno luck, and irregular periods, no help fromthe docs, i think i may have pcos, so i am tryingto get healthy with low carb! so far i have lost 11 pounds! yay really hoping to give ds a sibling soon anyways nice to meet everyone! )))
Old 11-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #912

shannonlanie!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #913
Junior LCF Member

thanks so much! so being a newbie, i have a few questions i hope you guys wont mind me asking i was wondering if you guys worry too much about fat/ saturated fat in your daily diet? i have noticed low fat and low carb dont go together to well. thanks in advance for any insight! also, any suscess stories of falling pregnant after starting low carb, i would love to hear them!! ))

Last edited by shannonlanie; 11-27-2012 at 10:37 AM..
Old 11-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #914
Senior LCF Member

shannonlanie!! I am new to this group too. Everytime I have gotten pregnant it was while low carbing and after I drop about 15 pounds. I don't have pcos but am hypothyroid and had difficulty conceiving and then carrying to term until I was diagnosed and properly medicated. I wish you well with TTC!

Andi and Lori37 ~ Thank you for your responses. I had my 3 hour test today and it was not at all as bad as I had thought it might be. My midwife also said it would be good for me to stick with low carb throughout the pregnancy and after . I was so pleased to hear her say that.This was my first time meeting her and she was wonderful. She's a tiny little thing now but at one time weighed 275 pounds and lost the weight. So she understands how I am feeling. She also didn't even mention my weight or shame me about my weight as 2 of the other midwives have done. So all in all today was great and I am hoping that the test comes back A-OK!

Yesterday was one of my lowest carb days since being pregnant. Let me just say I think it is awesome how good I felt already. No bloating, belching, heartburn and the best part...I didn't feel like I needed a nap.

Hope you all are well!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:34 AM   #915

Welcome Shannon! Yes typical Low carb like Atkins is designed to be a high fat diet. The fat helps to keep you satiated.

So, I've barely by the skin of my teeth got thru another Gestational diabetes meeting with the dietician. The carbs they want me eating are just not good for my blood sugar. So I had to fib a little to make sure they don't freak out and put me on meds. Next week I finally start seeing my Midwife, I know she will be more supportive of a lower carb diet. Really looking forward to it.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #916
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RobbyC
Stats: 236.4/223/199 (First goal 1-derland!)
Welcome Shannon!

Well I started getting some cramping and am STILL bleeding! I am calling in to work tonight and I am really nervous about my appointment tomorrow. I am guessing I will need a D & C if I am still bleeding. Just hoping nothing else is wrong.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #917
Junior LCF Member

thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! I look forward to being a part of this group and getting to know everyone and sharing sucess with one another, my ultimate goal here is to get healthier! and have another child startweight on oct 27 2012 as 205, and i am 194 today! so i am happy so far, only started the low carb about a weekago,wish i had started sooner. i already feel better overall. more energy, and alot less irratable, which i am sure my husband is thankful for lol I never feel hungry like i did on low cal/ low fat diets. the only thing that has been hard is the headaches, but i have heard these will go away? on a more TMI note, I havnt had a period since jan 2012, so i havnt been ovulating, which makes ttc impossible, however i have had some spotting for the last few days, so maybe things will get going soon i plan to do bbt charting and opks in hopes of tracking my cycle. thanks for listening to my rambling , I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #918
Senior LCF Member

Lori ~ I'm glad you get to start seeing your midwife soon. Did I read you are planning a water birth? My last baby was a water birth at the birth center. I've never had an epidural but had read that the tubs are pretty close. I can say it was my shortest and best labor so far. The water was wonderful! It just felt so good to be submerged and not feel the weight of the baby and my body. So relaxing!

Robby ~ I'm so sorry you are going through this.

Shannon ~ Congrats on the weight loss! The headaches will go away. Good luck tracking and TTC!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #919

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!

I'm SO uncomfortable it's unreal. Back pain is starting to get really bad and sometimes I can't even walk I'm in so much pain. I just need to make it through the next 2 weeks and at least ill be off of work..too bad ill be 38 weeks pregnant!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #920

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyC View Post
Welcome Shannon!

Well I started getting some cramping and am STILL bleeding! I am calling in to work tonight and I am really nervous about my appointment tomorrow. I am guessing I will need a D & C if I am still bleeding. Just hoping nothing else is wrong.
No, I dont think you will need a D&C. You are still bleeding which means you will more than likely pass it on your own. I passed everything on my own which is common for early m/c.

shannon - good job on the low carb! I have been on this site for years and seen so many get pregnant on low carb.

DP - The last few weeks are rough, hang in there!

Lucille - glad you made it through the 3hr!
Old 11-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #921
Thick and Delicious

Shannon
Old 11-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #922
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mortegisdead
Stats: 245/198/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2011
Hi everyone!

Reading this thread has already answered some questions I had, so Thank You! Also, the positive energy on this thread is nearly palpable -allow me to add to that- Congrats to all the Mommies and soon to be Mommies!

I have one pressing question that I've not seen addressed and would kindly appreciate it if you ladies could chime in.

I'm 5'2 and hovering around 200. We've decided to start TTC, but I keep hearing about how terribly unhealthy it is to the baby to be born from an "obese" momma. DH and I think I it's time to have a babe as I'm 34 and don't want lose our chance to start a family, but I worry about my BMI and how it may affect the babe we'll conceive.

What have your experiences, gathered wisdom, or opinions say about this? Is it over-hyped doodoo? Or shall I wait to TTC when I've lost more weight.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #923

Mortegisdead!

I was obese when I had DS and had no problems until I developed high BP at 36wks. My doc never once made a comment about it being unhealthy or about my weight, she just asked that I keep the weight gain minimal. You are already down nearly 50lbs, that is great! My suggestion would be to start TTC while losing weight. It could take some time to conceive so work on you until it happens! Once you are pregnant, you dont want to throw caution to the wind, just add a few carbs to get closer to maintenance levels and you will cruise right through your pregnancy. That is what I did and I only gained 12lbs. Good luck!

Last edited by pocahontas; 11-28-2012 at 01:01 PM..
Old 11-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #924
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
I am 5'3 and got pregnant at 203. Highest weight at 39w was 226. Just make sure you are doing some form of exercising (walk walk walk!) and you can probably keep the gain down.

Shannon, I have pcos and I was able to get pregnant using digital opk's. I ovulated late.

I asked the doc about the migraines and she recommended motrin 800's while pumping. She also rx'ed me premarin since my estrogen is so low. My new treadmill was just delivered so I can't wait to jump on it!

Theres so much I want to personalize to each of you but I am typing from my phone, so for now I send good luck vibes all around! DP, you're almost there!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #925
Thick and Delicious

My progesterone at 6DPO was 3.7 Ideally, it should be 10 or higher. That explains my crappy luteal phase, and why we haven't not had a successful pregnancy yet. The doctor is going to call on Friday. I'm going to suggest a Clomid/Femara and progesterone supplement regimen. I'm really anti-drug, but I'm 36, I'm not sure how long I want to give it to fix this naturally. The OB's office seemed pretty clueless about how to help me, so hopefully they'll agree to my suggestion or have a better one. If they don't prescribe these meds to me, I'm going to have to see an RE, which my insurance does not cover. I'm really beginning to wonder if I'll ever be a mom.

Baby Boy born 10/11/13

Last edited by CARLINI; 11-28-2012 at 03:25 PM..
Old 11-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #926

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucilleMcgill View Post
Lori ~ I'm glad you get to start seeing your midwife soon. Did I read you are planning a water birth? My last baby was a water birth at the birth center. I've never had an epidural but had read that the tubs are pretty close. I can say it was my shortest and best labor so far. The water was wonderful! It just felt so good to be submerged and not feel the weight of the baby and my body. So relaxing!
!
YES! I am planning on a water birth. I've heard that the water comes second to an epidural in pain relief. I sure hope so! This is my first and I hope I'm not getting in over my head! LOL. So glad to hear you had a great water birth and enjoyed it so much! Just gotta make sure my health keeps up and my weight doesn't get too crazy! I'm approaching 280 now and I seem to be getting more and more sensitive to the carbs.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #927

Bought myself a new laptop for Christmas, so this one and the new one are going off to my PC guy for a couple of days. So I may not be checking in! Hope you are all well, see ya soon!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #928
Junior LCF Member

thanks everyone for all the encouraging words, about the low progesterone, CARLINI, have you ever tried taking a B vitamin to raise your levels? I am taking it and heard it can help. there is alot of good info about it on google, might be worth trying oh and I was considered obese when pg with DS, at 5'3 and 180lbs, I weighed 200 when I delivered him, I had to be induced due to high blood pressure I hope to be healthier this time around, Is it safe to continue LC while pregnant? I hear conflicting arguements on whether the body actually 'needs' carbs
Old 11-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #929
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mortegisdead
Stats: 245/198/130
Start Date: December 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Mortegisdead!

I was obese when I had DS and had no problems until I developed high BP at 36wks. My doc never once made a comment about it being unhealthy or about my weight, she just asked that I keep the weight gain minimal. You are already down nearly 50lbs, that is great! My suggestion would be to start TTC while losing weight. It could take some time to conceive so work on you until it happens! Once you are pregnant, you dont want to throw caution to the wind, just add a few carbs to get closer to maintenance levels and you will cruise right through your pregnancy. That is what I did and I only gained 12lbs. Good luck!

pocahontas, thank you for the warm welcome.
So LCing is ok during pregnancy? That makes sense! Why would going back to highly processed nutrient devoid foods be "healthier" than nutrient rich complex carbs in moderation. That will also make it easier for the hubby not to regain weight if we're still LCing it.

When you put it that way, (nearly 50lbs.) it sounds so epic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
I am 5'3 and got pregnant at 203. Highest weight at 39w was 226. Just make sure you are doing some form of exercising (walk walk walk!) and you can probably keep the gain down.
KQT, love walking & yoga so hopefully that'll help
<-sun salutations.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #930
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Welcome to all the new ladies!

Carlini- I'm so with you, I can't help but think it will never happen. I'm on my second cycle of Clomid this month (ick). DH and I are going to see a RE as soon as I call and make an appointment. Nothing is covered by our insurance, not even the Clomid I'm taking. I had one annovulatory cycle, hence the Clomid. DH has been tested and has low motility/count. I'm hoping we have options besides IUI or IVF. It's all expensive. I hope the Clomid works for you! Hang in there.

Shana
Closed Thread