Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #871
KQT
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Robby, give that baby every positive thought you have! It always calmed me down to recite verses in my head during my entire pregnancy. Fingers crossed and good thoughts sent your way! Also, when you do a blood draw, check what times they will have the results. Where I get mine done I can get the draw in the morning and call to have the results by afternoon.

Suzie, congrats on the move!

Andi, how are you doing? Hugs.

Welcome Glory! Congrats!

Brooke had her 1 month well check today, she's already up to 8lb 11oz. I think she's in a growth spurt, eating more and sleeping a lot lately. She's so stinkin' cute.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #872

Gallery: pocahontas
Robby - Try not to panic. I know, easier said than done. Sending lots of your way! I wish I had some comforting story of BTDT but please know that we are here for you!

Glory! Congrats!

Suzie - So happy for you and glad that you are settling in. I cant wait for the day we finally buy a home but the Bay Area market is bizarre to say the least.

Krissy - Im doing well, thanks. The whole thing is over, the bleeding lasted 7 days and was gone this morning. I am at peace with it and DH and I have talked at length and we are ready to try again soon. I hope it doesnt take 6 mo like it did last time! But if it does, so be it. I think we are due for some new Brooke pics!!!

Old 11-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #873

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooditsglory View Post
Just found out i was pregnant not too long ago! Really wanting ladies to talk to!
Figured I'd introduce myself!
Hi,My name is Glory.I am a 23 year old newly wed and we've been together for 6 years.Ever since i met my husband i knew he was the one ! I am 5 weeks pregnant and am due July 17 2013.So far having lots of symptoms bloating,constipation,nausea which i believe is the start of morning sickness,increased hunger & the dreaded fatigue! This is my first pregnancy! Me and my husband are super excited! Nice to meet all you ladies!<3
and congrats! Best of luck for a healthy happy pregnancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyC View Post
Well my spotting was done until this Saturday morning...

When I woke up it was bright red but only lasted about an hour and then pretty much went away. Sunday was the same thing. This morning I woke up with blood on the pantyliner I wore to sleep and had some clotting after I went to the bathroom. I called the Dr. and they had me come in for a blood test and I will have to go back Wednesday again for blood work also. They are going to see if the hormone levels change... I am not in any pain, but I can't help but think this is not good.

I am scared and very worried. I can't stop crying.
I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way

Hanging in. Getting anxious because I'm so close yet so far away still. My mom booked her flights for the first week in January. I'm hoping little miss Stella Grace will be here a little earlier but I have a feeling she is nice and comfy just like her brother was. Hard to believe thanksgiving is here already. This pregnancy really has gone fast when I think about it...though never fast enough
Old 11-20-2012, 03:39 AM   #874
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dooditsglory
Stats: 211preg 185 post/174/145
WOE: Primal lc
Start Date: August 13,2013
RobbyC: Lots of love,hugs and prayers <3
Disneyprincess:That must be so exciting! Stella Grace is such a beautiful name!

So its 5:35am didn't get almost any sleep again due to unbelieveable amount of gas.It sounds funny but its not.It always start at night and my stomach just aches so I am unable to sleep.I was eating rice so stopped and feels a bit better but still there.I am hoping for a better night tonight because I cannot keep missing work due to sleepless nights.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:09 AM   #875

Get used to the sleepless nights! If it isn't gas it will be leg cramps, or having to go to the bathroom, or the baby moving so much, or just being uncomfortable...then it will be a crying baby! I haven't slept in 9 months either
Try taking something before bed. Tums and pepto are both ok
Old 11-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #876
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
Just found out i was pregnant not too long ago! Really wanting ladies to talk to!
Hi,My name is Glory.I am a 23 year old newly wed and we've been together for 6 years.Ever since i met my husband i knew he was the one ! I am 5 weeks pregnant and am due July 17 2013.So far having lots of symptoms bloating,constipation,nausea which i believe is the start of morning sickness,increased hunger & the dreaded fatigue! This is my first pregnancy! Me and my husband are super excited! Nice to meet all you ladies!<3
Welcome! This is our first as well, DH and I are newlyweds too (August 4). We are 25 (me) and 26 (him). We got pregnant in September! I am 10 weeks and due June 14th. My first month was terrible! I was SO tired and my cramps/gassiness were absolutely terrible. Second month has been better, no more cramps and the fatigue is starting to ease up. Unfortunately nausea is starting to set in (boo).

Question for all you ladies who are past me in gestation--is a 12 week nuchal scan a routine thing? Everyone I know has gotten one but when I called my dr. they didn't seem to know what I was talking about.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #877

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post

Question for all you ladies who are past me in gestation--is a 12 week nuchal scan a routine thing? Everyone I know has gotten one but when I called my dr. they didn't seem to know what I was talking about.
CJ, in CA the NT scan is part of basic prenatal care now. It is not as common in other areas unless you are 35+yr old. I was 32 with DS but I still had the NT scan because I am in CA. It tests for Downs and other chromosomal abnormalities.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #878

I had the scan with my first but not this one. I think it depends on where you go for care as well. I was tested for downs but it was bloodwork, not an ultrasound like I had with my son
Old 11-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #879
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
My doctor only does that scan based on age. I didn't get it since I'm 27 and not considered high risk.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #880
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks guys! My two friends go to the dr. down the street from mine and they got it, they were 25 and 27 for their kids. If they don't do it routinely do you think I should ask for one? It seems so minimally invasive and gives such good info. I am pretty sure my insurance would cover it 100% but would have to double check.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #881
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks guys! My two friends go to the dr. down the street from mine and they got it, they were 25 and 27 for their kids. If they don't do it routinely do you think I should ask for one? It seems so minimally invasive and gives such good info. I am pretty sure my insurance would cover it 100% but would have to double check.
I guess it is personal preference! I trusted my doctor not being too concerned and didn't push the point. Also, I will be getting an ultrasound every month after the anatomy scan to check for size (higher risk for gestational diabetes, though the early test came back great). So, I didn't feel the need to throw an extra one in there.

I have my 15 week check up tomorrow morning. I don't know why I get so nervous and anxious before each one. Nothing has seemingly been wrong since the last appointment, but I get really worried before each appointment. I won't be able to relax again until I hear the heartbeat in the morning.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 11-21-2012, 08:30 AM   #882
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
I guess it is personal preference! I trusted my doctor not being too concerned and didn't push the point. Also, I will be getting an ultrasound every month after the anatomy scan to check for size (higher risk for gestational diabetes, though the early test came back great). So, I didn't feel the need to throw an extra one in there.

I have my 15 week check up tomorrow morning. I don't know why I get so nervous and anxious before each one. Nothing has seemingly been wrong since the last appointment, but I get really worried before each appointment. I won't be able to relax again until I hear the heartbeat in the morning.
You will be totally fine! I bet that little heartbeat is going to be going so strong!

I still think your baby is a girl When do I get to find out if I'm right?
Old 11-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #883

Quote:
Personally, I loved the reassurance. I also wanted the additional u/s at 12-14 wks so I could relax. If you have already had u/s and you are comfy as is your doc, I wouldnt worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
I dont think that feeling ever goes away, throughout the entire pregnancy! Everything is fine, I'm sure of it!

Any news from RobbyC? We are thinking of you!!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #884
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You will be totally fine! I bet that little heartbeat is going to be going so strong!

I still think your baby is a girl When do I get to find out if I'm right?
Thank you! Yes, everything was good and the heartbeat/rate was 150. Everyone thinks it is a girl! I still have no inklings at all. We find out December 26! I can't wait! Either way, I just want to know boy or girl so I can start calling it by name and working on the nursery!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:40 PM   #885
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Quote:
Well my spotting was done until this Saturday morning...

When I woke up it was bright red but only lasted about an hour and then pretty much went away. Sunday was the same thing. This morning I woke up with blood on the pantyliner I wore to sleep and had some clotting after I went to the bathroom. I called the Dr. and they had me come in for a blood test and I will have to go back Wednesday again for blood work also. They are going to see if the hormone levels change... I am not in any pain, but I can't help but think this is not good.

I am scared and very worried. I can't stop crying.
I'm praying for you and your baby, keep us posted
Old 11-21-2012, 11:42 PM   #886
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Quote:
RobbyC: Lots of love,hugs and prayers <3
Disneyprincess:That must be so exciting! Stella Grace is such a beautiful name!

So its 5:35am didn't get almost any sleep again due to unbelieveable amount of gas.It sounds funny but its not.It always start at night and my stomach just aches so I am unable to sleep.I was eating rice so stopped and feels a bit better but still there.I am hoping for a better night tonight because I cannot keep missing work due to sleepless nights.
Welcome! And sorry about the gas, it's one of the many 'lovely' parts of pregnancy. Sneeze-peeing is my personal favorite side effect, though. Always in public, too
Old 11-22-2012, 02:08 AM   #887
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RobbyC
Stats: 236.4/223/199 (First goal 1-derland!)
I had blood work done on Monday and Wednesday... Mon my HcG was 663 and Wed 609. I had severe cramping this afternoon and it went away after I passed a clot (not a huge one though). After that the bleeding stopped for about 3 hrs and has since started again, not heavy, but it's there.

I am confused on what my next steps are, especially with the holiday this week. I have had an appointment scheduled for 11/30 since the pos test, so I am assuming I will get more info there. Trying to stay positive, but I am starting to crumble. My DH has been great, we cried and held each other this evening... We are not yet giving up hope until we get an ultrasound/confirmation.

*ROBYN*
Old 11-22-2012, 06:18 AM   #888
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I had blood work done on Monday and Wednesday... Mon my HcG was 663 and Wed 609. I had severe cramping this afternoon and it went away after I passed a clot (not a huge one though). After that the bleeding stopped for about 3 hrs and has since started again, not heavy, but it's there.

I am confused on what my next steps are, especially with the holiday this week. I have had an appointment scheduled for 11/30 since the pos test, so I am assuming I will get more info there. Trying to stay positive, but I am starting to crumble. My DH has been great, we cried and held each other this evening... We are not yet giving up hope until we get an ultrasound/confirmation.
I'm sorry, I hope that everything turns out well.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #889

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Welcome to the group! This is my first pregnancy too! I'm almost 25 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Get used to the sleepless nights! If it isn't gas it will be leg cramps, or having to go to the bathroom, or the baby moving so much, or just being uncomfortable...then it will be a crying baby! I haven't slept in 9 months either
Try taking something before bed. Tums and pepto are both ok
Yes, get very used to it. I slept the best ever in the first trimester, and I've never had such horrible sleep since. What I wouldn't give for one good night of sleep!

Quote:

My doc offered it, but it was optional and not covered by insurance. I opted out.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #890

Robby praying for you my dear! *HUGS*
Old 11-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #891

Happy Turkey Day from me and Stella Grace (34 weeks 5 days)

image.jpg
Old 11-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #892
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Attachment 47251
Sooo cute! Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #893

Quote:

Attachment 47251
ADORABLE! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2012, 03:50 AM   #894
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dooditsglory
Stats: 211preg 185 post/174/145
WOE: Primal lc
Start Date: August 13,2013
You are in my prayers robby

Aww,Disneyprincess you look so adorable pregnant!
I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving yesterday. I have been a bit worried here.I had a bit of spotting and i know its normal.Just a small bit of brown blood. I have been feeling better which makes me nervous and my boobs not sore anymore. I am thinking of calling my DR but I feel like I'm just being overly nervous.I know spotting is normal and its not more than a dime sized amt and not red blood. Its just the symptoms off and on scaring me!
Old 11-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #895
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Robby, thoughts and prayers headed your way.
Dp, looking good! Hang in there, you're almost done cooking!
Andi, glad to see you jump back on the baby wagon, it will happen for you soon, I know it!

I go back to work 12/12. Can't believe its sneaking up so quickly! Still not doing great with the milk supply. I was hoping to keep producing so I could pump at work but I don't know if I will make it to then. I don't want to give up but its frustrating to see the little bit I am making. I have my obgyn checkup on Tuesday so I will see if she has any helpful tips.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:23 AM   #896
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RobbyC
Stats: 236.4/223/199 (First goal 1-derland!)
U/S scheduled for 11/29. Midwife called me yesterday to tell me that this is more than likely a miscarry as my levels dropped and I have been bleeding for over a week now. Going to work is very hard, especially since I work nights at a hospital, so I am left with my own thoughts a lot. I don't want to take any time off until it is confirmed without a doubt, then I will need some time I think. This is the saddest I have ever been.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:36 AM   #897
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: VictoriaLynn
Stats: 5'2'' 366.4/284/130
WOE: BistroMD
Start Date: January 21, 2013
Quote:
U/S scheduled for 11/29. Midwife called me yesterday to tell me that this is more than likely a miscarry as my levels dropped and I have been bleeding for over a week now. Going to work is very hard, especially since I work nights at a hospital, so I am left with my own thoughts a lot. I don't want to take any time off until it is confirmed without a doubt, then I will need some time I think. This is the saddest I have ever been.
I'm so sorry Robby. I hope that its not a miscarriage. As someone thats been through 2, I know it sucks.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #898

Quote:
GIANT HUGS to you!
Old 11-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #899
Major LCF Poster!

Robby I can't imagine how difficult it would be. Please take care.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:08 AM   #900

I'm so sorry Robbie

I'm having a rough few days. Lots of BH contractions, a few real ones, and cramping and pain. I hope this eases up because the thought of feeling like this for 5 more weeks is frightening!
Closed Thread