Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #841
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Andi I'm so sorry. HUGS. Praying for you!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #842

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Lori ~ Iím not sure the carbs will burn off. Iíd just eat as little sauce as possible. This is a great LC BBQ sauce to try for future recipes. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...er-tasted.html

Krissy ~ What kind of pump are you using? Iíve read that using a medical grade pump makes all difference. I know there are some herbs that help with milk production. I canít remember what the names are, but that might be something to look into.

Andi ~ OMG Iím so, so sorry. I had a bad feeling when you told us how low your progesterone was. Hugs for you and DH. Take it easy for the next few days, and take care of you.
Carlini, that is what sent me into complete freak out mode. Im still not sure if I have low progesterone (I dont have any of the symptoms) or if my progesterone was just low because the pregnancy didnt last. In any case, I will ask the doc later. The good news is that she said there is no medical reason to wait on TTC again. She said just wait until I go through one complete cycle then we are good to go. I am really sad tonight but DH has been great so that helps a ton.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #843
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: A long time ago
Andi, I'm so very sorry. I admit, this made me a little teary...
Old 11-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #844
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
Start Date: December 2009
Andi I am so sorry to hear this Please be sure to lean on your DH during this time, and he on you. We are here too if you want to talk. Please take care of yourself
Old 11-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #845
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
I lost the baby. Im still waiting for the doc to call me with the specifics. The u/s tech couldnt tell me much only that it wasnt neasuring where it should be.
I'm so sorry for you, are they absolutely sure you've miscarried and not that dates could just be off?
Old 11-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #846
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Andi how are you holding up today? I'd have them test your progesterone levels at 7dpo. That should give you an idea if youíre not making enough on your own.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #847
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Carlini, that is what sent me into complete freak out mode. Im still not sure if I have low progesterone (I dont have any of the symptoms) or if my progesterone was just low because the pregnancy didnt last. In any case, I will ask the doc later. The good news is that she said there is no medical reason to wait on TTC again. She said just wait until I go through one complete cycle then we are good to go. I am really sad tonight but DH has been great so that helps a ton.
My oldest daughter was conceived two weeks after my suspected miscarriage, it was quite a shock to conceive on the very next cycle but they speculate the hormones from a lost pregnancy can help with the maintaining of a new one.

It's been my experience low progesterone is caused by an issue with a pregnancy, not the other way around. And low progesterone is rarely the sole reason for a loss, nor is progesterone supplementing a magic bullet. I generally run low, even with healthy pregnancies, and it's always been both unnerving and never caused an appreciable issue in a baby that was otherwise healthy and growing. It doesn't make miscarriages suck less, but it was good to know I didn't have to worry about it, because it hasn't made a lick of difference in my case!

On a pregnancy break with baby #5 until January 2015
Old 11-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #848
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just got off the phone with the doc. The sac was only measuring at 6w3d. Ironically, I started bleeding this afternoon. The doc said it was most likely chromosomal, not because of the low progesterone. She called in some pain meds because my cramps are pretty severe and a medication that I cant recall the name of, to take should the bleeding get to be too much. She said I should pass this on my own and not need a D&C. I am to call her office if I need anything or have any questions.

Thanks Robyn!
I missed this, disregard my previous inquiry. I'm so sorry for your loss, sweetie, and pray you and your husband can conceive another pregnancy soon and with no issues
Old 11-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #849

Thanks Taryl, I appreciate the kind words.

Carlini - I am doing ok. I had a good cry yesterday and DS kept cuddling me even though I hid my tears from him but he is a Mama's boy and just knew that I needed him.

DH has been so amazing that it has really helped me be thankful for all I have.

Honestly, I will be just fine. I truly believe that we will get our second child soon. This one was just meant for the angels!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #850
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
Start Date: December 2009
You have such a good attitude Andi, that is why you are one of my fave posters
Old 11-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #851
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Totally agree with you SouthernCJ! I just love Andi, she's so kind, caring, and an inspiration to us all.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #852

On my way to the OB yesterday I started to feel headachy, nausea and like I might have loose stools. She told me it sounded like the flu.
I could have thrown up there, but I knew if I did I wouldn't be able to make it home by myself.
As soon as I got home all hell broke lose! Been vomitting since 4pm yesterday. Haven't even kept water down.
The doc said as long as my temp was under 102 there was no reason to call her. So I've just been toughing it out. Poor DH has been a trooper, he stayed up most of the night taking care of me.
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 11-14-2012, 07:45 AM   #853
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Count me in on the Andi luv too.

Lori I hope you feel better soon.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #854

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Count me in on the Andi luv too.

Lori I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks, just trying to figure out what I can stomach to get some nutrients to the baby. I took a little shot of whipping cream. I figured it's high calorie and high fat and should help some. Hoping it doesn't come back up.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #855

Thanks ladies!

Lori - I totally got sick like that when I was pg wth DS. I was askeered to leave the house. Try and get some broth down, that will help. Hang in there and feel better soon!

Im doing even better today. Work is a nice (but crazy) distraction! Im still pretty crampy and had to take a vicodin last night before bed. I slept well! Im also wearing pads because I dont want tampons to prevent me from passing anything so I feel like I have a diaper on. Not cool.

On a positive note, I finally got DS to say I love you. He talks so much and repeats just about everything we say but for some reason, not this. I say it everyday to him and he has never taken a stab at it until I forced it out of him! I think he just doesnt quite understand what it means.

Hope you all have a great day!

Old 11-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #856

Quote:
Thanks ladies!

Lori - I totally got sick like that when I was pg wth DS. I was askeered to leave the house. Try and get some broth down, that will help. Hang in there and feel better soon!

Im doing even better today. Work is a nice (but crazy) distraction! Im still pretty crampy and had to take a vicodin last night before bed. I slept well! Im also wearing pads because I dont want tampons to prevent me from passing anything so I feel like I have a diaper on. Not cool.

On a positive note, I finally got DS to say I love you. He talks so much and repeats just about everything we say but for some reason, not this. I say it everyday to him and he has never taken a stab at it until I forced it out of him! I think he just doesnt quite understand what it means.

Hope you all have a great day!

I'm really glad you sound like you're in pretty good spirits today Andi. And getting DS to say that must have totally helped too!

I got some Chicken noodle soup down, a little high carb for me with the GD but it's been 24 hours since I've eaten anything substantial(and kept anything down) so I figured I needed to try it. The chicken noodle soup always felt good on my tummy when I had morning sickness.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #857
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Andi, sorry I've been mia lately, been so busy with 2 baby boys, a sick husband and a very sick cat who is in kidney failure and we may have to make that awful decision sooner rather than later .

I am so sorry you lost the baby, my heart is breaking for you and your DH.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:08 AM   #858

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Just got back from our trip to ny and I'm so sad to come back to this. andi- I'm so sorry for your loss. Seems it just wasn't the right time. I'm praying for you

Doing ok here. Very uncomfortable at over 33 weeks. I love how close we are getting though. I'm ready to meet my little princess
Old 11-15-2012, 06:17 AM   #859

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post

Doing ok here. Very uncomfortable at over 33 weeks. I love how close we are getting though. I'm ready to meet my little princess
So excited for you!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #860

Sharon - thank you. How is it going with the 2 boys? How is Brandon doing with the change? Is the baby sleeping ok?

DP - thank you. You are getting so close! The weeks have flown by! Maybe not for you. I cant wait to see pics of your princess too.

Im doing ok. I think I (TMI ) passed most of it on Wed/Thu so now on the road to recovery. My doctor gave me pills to stop the bleeding if it goes on for too long, but what is too long? I was figuring I should give it a week but I have never been in this situation before.

We are going to do some shopping this weekend and there is an Indie Art and Craft Festival in Oakland that I want to go to on Sunday. Otherwise, it should be cool and rainy here so we will probably watch movies and eat popcorn.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #861
Major LCF Poster!

Andi, I'd expect bleeding like a heavy period for at least 7-10 days from the start of red blood. Then you may want to deal with it, but I always err on the side of less medicine than more, if I can. Let us know how the craft festival goes!

Okay ladies, I am having SUCH cravings for eggs today! I've just eaten my 6th of the day, and they still sound good . I have three every morning, you think that would be enough to satisfy me. But they have sounded SO good. That, and sardines almost every day for lunch. Fortunately both foods are on plan and extremely nutritious, but SHEESH!
Old 11-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #862

Taryl, thanks for the info. I dont like to take unnecessary meds either so I will give it 10 days before I start to worry.

I wish my cravings were for eggs! MIL sent pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and I have been a naughty girl.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #863

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Mama View Post

Okay ladies, I am having SUCH cravings for eggs today! I've just eaten my 6th of the day, and they still sound good . I have three every morning, you think that would be enough to satisfy me. But they have sounded SO good. That, and sardines almost every day for lunch. Fortunately both foods are on plan and extremely nutritious, but SHEESH!
OMG, I'm still queasy from my stomach bug this week....and that didn't help. LOL.
I love eggs but can't stomach them right now. boo.

Having a Thanksgiving Potluck today at church, tomorrow afternoon I'm headed up to the mountains for a couple of days, where we'll have another Thanksgiving dinner on Tuesday, then back home in time for Thanksgiving with the family. I'm gonna be overdosed on turkey!
Old 11-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #864

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I'm 34 weeks and still can only stomach eggs once in a while. Now I'm so uncomfortable eating in general is difficult.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #865

I think that 24 hours without food was good for my gestational diabetes.
My numbers were starting to creep up a little too high, and now they are back down where they should be. I love how fasting can reset our systems, too bad I had to do it the hard way!

Off today to the mountains for a couple of days. I'll be back Wednesday night.
I found out Friday 10 minutes before the end of my shift that my job approved the time off, ran home to tell hubby only to find out that he got a last minute job and starting working today. So I guess I'm going without him. Was hoping this could be a little get away together before the baby came. Really bummed he won't be with us. But Work is the number 1 priority right now! And in his line of work it's very rare to actually get a job this late in the year, so we have to enjoy the blessing for all that it is!
Old 11-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #866
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RobbyC
Stats: 236.4/223/199 (First goal 1-derland!)
Well my spotting was done until this Saturday morning...

When I woke up it was bright red but only lasted about an hour and then pretty much went away. Sunday was the same thing. This morning I woke up with blood on the pantyliner I wore to sleep and had some clotting after I went to the bathroom. I called the Dr. and they had me come in for a blood test and I will have to go back Wednesday again for blood work also. They are going to see if the hormone levels change... I am not in any pain, but I can't help but think this is not good.

I am scared and very worried. I can't stop crying.

*ROBYN*
Old 11-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #867
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyC View Post
Well my spotting was done until this Saturday morning...

When I woke up it was bright red but only lasted about an hour and then pretty much went away. Sunday was the same thing. This morning I woke up with blood on the pantyliner I wore to sleep and had some clotting after I went to the bathroom. I called the Dr. and they had me come in for a blood test and I will have to go back Wednesday again for blood work also. They are going to see if the hormone levels change... I am not in any pain, but I can't help but think this is not good.

I am scared and very worried. I can't stop crying.
Did they say it was okay for it to stop and start up again like that? I hope everything comes back the best possible.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #868
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We had a super busy weekend! We closed on the house on Friday. Mike and I moved all the small stuff Friday. Then, Saturday morning appliances were delivered and the internet installed. My mom came over to help unpack things while Mike was still at work. She was so paranoid about me doing anything. I think she would have wrapped me in bubble wrap if she could!

I have the kitchen all unpacked and settled. We need to finish unpacking about 10 boxes and get some decorations. We should be all settled in this week! We are absolutely loving all the extra space, and I get warm feelings every time I walk through/past the room that will be the nursery!

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 11-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #869
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dooditsglory
Stats: 211preg 185 post/174/145
WOE: Primal lc
Start Date: August 13,2013
Just found out i was pregnant not too long ago! Really wanting ladies to talk to!
Figured I'd introduce myself!
Hi,My name is Glory.I am a 23 year old newly wed and we've been together for 6 years.Ever since i met my husband i knew he was the one ! I am 5 weeks pregnant and am due July 17 2013.So far having lots of symptoms bloating,constipation,nausea which i believe is the start of morning sickness,increased hunger & the dreaded fatigue! This is my first pregnancy! Me and my husband are super excited! Nice to meet all you ladies!<3
Old 11-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #870
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooditsglory View Post
Just found out i was pregnant not too long ago! Really wanting ladies to talk to!
Figured I'd introduce myself!
Hi,My name is Glory.I am a 23 year old newly wed and we've been together for 6 years.Ever since i met my husband i knew he was the one ! I am 5 weeks pregnant and am due July 17 2013.So far having lots of symptoms bloating,constipation,nausea which i believe is the start of morning sickness,increased hunger & the dreaded fatigue! This is my first pregnancy! Me and my husband are super excited! Nice to meet all you ladies!<3
and Congratulations! It is my first pregnancy as well. I'm due May 17.
Closed Thread