Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #811
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
My friend told me they never stop being sore, you just build up a higher pain tolerance to it
True, that! Mine are terribly achy here at 20-ish weeks because the glands are starting to produce again, so they're not only tender by heavy and bruised-feeling. And that will continue until birth, whereby they will get chomped on and engorged in turn, for months on end. The soreness will abate briefly between nursing and the next pregnancy and then the cycle continues.

But my pain threshold? Pretty impressive, I'd say!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #812
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
I am tiny. I am 5 5 and about 110 when I got pregnant. I went up to about 160. I was certainly not fat. My doctor told me it is normal for skinny women to gain more, not less. It all came off very easily too.
I just stayed vlc for my pregnancy and ate what I felt like and how much I wanted.
This is almost universally true. Your doctor was probably (clumsily) trying to encourage you not to go whole-hog and gain tons from eating poor foods and too much of them, which is common for women in pregnancy. But her actual statement is not only not the recommendation, it is physically almost impossible for women in the low-normal BMI range to limit weight gain to jut baby and accoutrements. The body preferentially stores nutrients during pregnancy, controlling weight gain is nearly impossible.

Focus on healthy behaviors and foods and let the scale take care of itself.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:56 AM   #813
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
If you are eating healthy foods, I would not worry about the scale. No one, pregnant or not, needs cake and junk food. Now, I will admit it was really hard to stay on plan. The cravings were killer!
Old 11-09-2012, 06:06 AM   #814

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Funny my doctor has never once said anything to me about how much I should or shouldn't gain. I was 255 when I got pregnant, and 272 now at 21 weeks. I wonder why she hasn't mentioned it.

I agree 15 pounds for a woman as small as you is crazy.

Enjoying a mock danish for breakfast! Best breakfast when you're getting tired of eggs!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #815

Gallery: pocahontas
Just got off the phone with my doc. All my bloodwork came back normal but my progesterone is only 5.8 so they are prescribing me prometrium and I need to take that twice a day until 14wks.

Also, because of my weight and my previous high BP and c-sect, they want to transfer me to a high risk OB so I will have my appt and my u/s on Monday and they will give me the transfer info to the new doc.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #816
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Just got off the phone with my doc. All my bloodwork came back normal but my progesterone is only 5.8 so they are prescribing me prometrium and I need to take that twice a day until 14wks.

Also, because of my weight and my previous high BP and c-sect, they want to transfer me to a high risk OB so I will have my appt and my u/s on Monday and they will give me the transfer info to the new doc.
Oh no Well the progesterone will keep the pregnancy healthy and that is always a good thing, and it is only for a couple more weeks.

Were you with a high risk OB before? What a pain, especially if you already received care from the OB you are at now with your first pregnancy. I know I would be really bummed to switch
Old 11-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #817

Actually, I dont like this OB all that much. We lived in San Diego when I had DS and I loved my OB there. I wish I could see her again! She was not high risk and had no problems with seeing me. This one has already rubbed me the wrong way and her staff seems unorganized so I am happy to go now that I think about it.

Im going to pick up my progesterone prescription after work and start taking it right away. What also irks me (and I ripped into the nurse about this when she called ) is that I had this blood drawn nearly 2 weeks ago and they are just now calling to tell me that I need progesterone supplements? I know my old doctor used to get the blood results in a day or two. I should have started supplementing right away. I say good riddance!

Old 11-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #818
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
Actually, I dont like this OB all that much. We lived in San Diego when I had DS and I loved my OB there. I wish I could see her again! She was not high risk and had no problems with seeing me. This one has already rubbed me the wrong way and her staff seems unorganized so I am happy to go now that I think about it.

Im going to pick up my progesterone prescription after work and start taking it right away. What also irks me (and I ripped into the nurse about this when she called ) is that I had this blood drawn nearly 2 weeks ago and they are just now calling to tell me that I need progesterone supplements? I know my old doctor used to get the blood results in a day or two. I should have started supplementing right away. I say good riddance!
I would have been p!zzed about them taking so long to call! Your pregnancy was at risk!! I would have been super angry too! I'm sure my husband would have done a follow up call (so embarrassing but he is super protective).

DH just told me he wants to wait until Christmas to tell everyone That's a whole extra month! I am so bummed because I had a countdown in my mind that we only had 3 weeks left. He is bummed because he wants to tell everyone in person (whole fam is in Michigan). Boo.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #819

SICK SICK SICK...blah.
I was supposed to be super busy for this 3 day weekend. I guess it's my body's way of telling me to put the brakes on and slow down for a bit.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #820
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RobbyC
Stats: 236.4/223/199 (First goal 1-derland!)
I am freaking out... I have been spotting off and on last night and today! Should I be worried?
Old 11-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #821
Major LCF Poster!

Spotting can be an issue, but more than half of pregnancies with spotting are healthy and viable. I spotted pretty heavily with my second daughter and she's upstairs napping as I type this. Be restful, but don't get too anxious, it is likely not going to be an issue. And if it is, worrying will just make you more miserable
Old 11-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #822
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
I spotted early on too. If its brownish its not too much of a worry (old blood) but when its bright red it could be a cause for concern. I agree, just take it easy and DON'T google or web-diagnose yourself! (Easier said than done, I know.) Hugs.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:12 AM   #823
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
I spotted a bit at 5 1/2 weeks. I agree, do not Google. My Dr did two early ultrasounds, a week apart, and some blood work just to be cautious. Everything was going fine though, and he said spotting is pretty common, as is a little cramping.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #824

Robyn - I feel your pain. I started the progesterone supps on Friday evening and started spotting yesterday. Its been brown/light pinkish and only a couple times so I am trying not to stress but its hard.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #825
KQT

Andi, how long will you be on the progesterone supps? Doc had me stay on mine up to 12 weeks. My insurance stopped covering it halfway through so I had to pay $140 for my last month's worth!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #826
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Robyn - I feel your pain. I started the progesterone supps on Friday evening and started spotting yesterday. Its been brown/light pinkish and only a couple times so I am trying not to stress but its hard.
Mine has been the same color... No spotting today!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #827

Krissy, the doctor didnt even call me about it until I was 10w2d. She said to stay on it until 14wks. I am taking 200mg twice a day. Is the spotting common on progesterone? I have had some more brown spotting today.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #828
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Quote:
5.8 is LOW!! WTH is she thinking?? How are you feeling today?

Well, this is the one cycle I'm glad I frequently have delayed O. It waited until hubby got home. So we shall see! I'm going to have blood drawn on Friday (7dpo) to check progesterone levels. In the meantime I'm starting to clean up my diet a little at a time.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
I spotted a bit at 5 1/2 weeks. I agree, do not Google. My Dr did two early ultrasounds, a week apart, and some blood work just to be cautious. Everything was going fine though, and he said spotting is pretty common, as is a little cramping.
I never had any spotting, but cramped so much for a week, I kept thinking it was my period starting. Finally after a week of no period I decided to take a pregnancy test.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #830

So question:
I've been craving a pot roast and bbq. So I just put a roast in the crock pot with the lowest sugar bbq sauce I could find. Only 4 grams of sugar per serving. I am trying to limit my carbs and am gestational diabetic. Do you think some of those 4 grams of sugar will even burn off while cooking? Just curious, because I'm trying to judge how it will effect my blood sugars since I see my OB tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #831

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
5.8 is LOW!! WTH is she thinking?? How are you feeling today?

Well, this is the one cycle I'm glad I frequently have delayed O. It waited until hubby got home. So we shall see! I'm going to have blood drawn on Friday (7dpo) to check progesterone levels. In the meantime I'm starting to clean up my diet a little at a time.
I know! I am still ticked about it. I am taking my supps twice a day but i am still spotting and they make me feel yucky. Im really nervous but i have my u/s at 11am today so i have my fingers crossed that all is well. I broke down crying to dh last night so.its been hard. Ill.come bacck and update after my appt.

Congrats on catching that egg!

/sorry for the typos on my phone
Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #832
KQT

Andi, good luck at the appt!

carlini, glad the egg waited!

Lori, I wouldn't be too worried about the bbq sauce but I would eat dinner a little earlier so you will have time to work it out with a little activity, like a mile walk or something to counteract it.

So I am pumping but not making much milk, maybe 2oz at each session. I feel like I am not gonna make much more than that but I don't want to quit because I know any little bit helps. I have been drinking a lot more fluids hoping that will help, any other ideas you gals can think of?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #833

I"m going to the apple orchards an hour and a half away today, won't be home til evening and will be walking like crazy there! So excited to be going again, so beautiful out there.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #834
Major LCF Poster!

Apple orchards will be fun! When we visited family in Michigan a month ago we went to one and had a blast. I confess the cider and donuts were lovely, too, that's the first time I think I've had them fresh from a farm (and probably the last ). The kids also had fun in the corn maze they had set up, which I will have to tease them about when they're older
Old 11-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #835

I lost the baby. Im still waiting for the doc to call me with the specifics. The u/s tech couldnt tell me much only that it wasnt neasuring where it should be.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #836
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I lost the baby. Im still waiting for the doc to call me with the specifics. The u/s tech couldnt tell me much only that it wasnt neasuring where it should be.
Oh no, I am so sorry.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #837

Just got off the phone with the doc. The sac was only measuring at 6w3d. Ironically, I started bleeding this afternoon. The doc said it was most likely chromosomal, not because of the low progesterone. She called in some pain meds because my cramps are pretty severe and a medication that I cant recall the name of, to take should the bleeding get to be too much. She said I should pass this on my own and not need a D&C. I am to call her office if I need anything or have any questions.

Thanks Robyn!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #838
KQT

Oh no! Andi I am so sorry to hear that. Believe me when I say I know exactly all the emotions you're going through and my heart breaks for you and DH. When I look back on my miscarriages and what we learned from each of them, I have faith that a baby will happen for you in the future too.

My first ended much like yours did, I was about 10 weeks along and the fetus was measuring 6w4d. I went in for spotting and it turned into an u/s and then we scheduled the d&c for the next day. Hopefully the docs will put you on progesterone supps ahead of time. I had been taking progesterone for the second half of all of my cycles.

Last edited by KQT; 11-12-2012 at 01:37 PM..
Old 11-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #839
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie

I'm so sorry Andi! I am sending tons of hugs and prayers your way.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #840
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Lori ~ I’m not sure the carbs will burn off. I’d just eat as little sauce as possible. This is a great LC BBQ sauce to try for future recipes. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...er-tasted.html

Krissy ~ What kind of pump are you using? I’ve read that using a medical grade pump makes all difference. I know there are some herbs that help with milk production. I can’t remember what the names are, but that might be something to look into.

Andi ~ OMG I’m so, so sorry. I had a bad feeling when you told us how low your progesterone was. Hugs for you and DH. Take it easy for the next few days, and take care of you.

Baby Boy born 10/11/13

Last edited by CARLINI; 11-12-2012 at 03:46 PM..
Closed Thread