Start Date: 6/1/2010
Still can't believe I'm having a girl!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #782
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
That's how I felt when my second was born, I was sure she's be a boy and even seeing she was all girl, it took a few days (and naming her ) to sink in!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #783
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post

I'm in a bit of a funk these days because of my lack of baby! I recently had a midwife appt, and they're going to start some basic testing. Patience is not my strong suit!

I haven't posted since our trip to Disneyland, so I have some catching up to do. I've been thinking about you all and from the initial scan I did this morning, everyone looks to be doing well.

My eating is out of control again. It's all these vacations! And I'm going back to Chicago for Thanksgiving. The travel makes it difficult, but it’s not an excuse. I need to get back to it!
Travel is crazy for staying on plan, even without additional stress. I hope you can get some answers and don't feel badly about the eating - some seasons are more challenging than others for staying on plan.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #784
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
DP - That sounds miserable! I hope you feel better very soon and hopefully your son's wasn't anything too serious. My dad just had an upper respiratory infection last week. Nasty stuff.

Taryl - Oh my goodness! You look fantastic! Seriously! I the baby bump! I fear I won't get a cute bump with being overweight.

KQT - I'm glad everything is going well!

Andi - That is so frustrating! I don't think I could have calmly handled that one!

Carlini & Shana -

Lori37 - I hope you are feeling better about things! I understand the freaking out about space. We were not planning on buying, but we are already crammed into a one bedroom (got rid of the dining room for stepson to have a room). So, we expedited our plans a little.

Well, looks like we will be closing on Nov 27th after all. The seller is worried he won't be able to do all the repairs by the 16th. I'd rather him take his time and get it all done correctly. I'm just a little stressed about the four days to move and clean the old place! We rent from my parents, so I know my mom will come help me clean she is already worried about me during the moving process.
My baby bumps were cute even at 240+ pounds, they just weren't as obvious as soon. You'll look lovely because expecting mothers always do, even if they feel miserable
Old 11-06-2012, 04:09 AM   #785
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Does anyone have any tips to shake this cold? I took off work yesterday and rested as much as I could. I'm feeling worse today but I can't afford more time off. I'm almost in tears over having to watch 3 additional kids today. I feel like complete crud and just want to sleep until this is gone.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:06 AM   #786
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RobbyC
Stats: 236.4/223/199 (First goal 1-derland!)
Hey all! I posted my news in the PG first, but I thought I better join this thread as well.

I took 4 pg tests yesterday (all different brands) and the all were positive!

I have had an appointment scheduled with my primary for a couple months, so we'll see what she says Thursday! We are excited and nervous. I tend to think the worst, so I just need to stay positive for about 5-6 weeks until I make it to the "safe zone".

We plan to tell family/friends around xmas which will be about 12 weeks in...

*ROBYN*
Old 11-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #787

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Mama View Post
My baby bumps were cute even at 240+ pounds, they just weren't as obvious as soon. You'll look lovely because expecting mothers always do, even if they feel miserable
I'm 270 now, 255 at conception. My baby bump is FINALLY starting to take shape. (21 weeks). Everyone keeps telling me it just popped out over the weekend. Even changing the cut of your shirts can help emphasize it more and make it more baby bump like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Does anyone have any tips to shake this cold? I took off work yesterday and rested as much as I could. I'm feeling worse today but I can't afford more time off. I'm almost in tears over having to watch 3 additional kids today. I feel like complete crud and just want to sleep until this is gone.
Neti Pot 2-3 times a day to clear out the sinuses. Gargle with warm salt water to clean out the back of your throat where germs may be hiding. Good quality peppermint oil. Green juice or Wheat grass twice a day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyC View Post
Hey all! I posted my news in the PG first, but I thought I better join this thread as well.

I have had an appointment scheduled with my primary for a couple months, so we'll see what she says Thursday! We are excited and nervous. I tend to think the worst, so I just need to stay positive for about 5-6 weeks until I make it to the "safe zone".

Congrats! Welcome to the group!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #788
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
So much going on here! DP, DH and I are sick too I have been taking tylenol to get the swelling in my throat down a bit and the fever, but I am stuck at work until then. I am super behind since I have been feeling so sluggish from being pregnant so I HAVE to catch up. Have to. I am pretty miserable as well.

So much is going on. Love the belly bump Arctic! Congrats to Robby! Hang in there TTC girls!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #789

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Congrats Robby!

Thanks Lori. I haven't gargled with salt water so ill try that. It's all in my head. I feel like I'm going to explode. I should have taken off today, too bad I can't afford it!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #790

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! So excited for you! I remember your pregnancy test thread on the PG. Congrats Mama!!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #791

Quote:
Congrats Robby!

Thanks Lori. I haven't gargled with salt water so ill try that. It's all in my head. I feel like I'm going to explode. I should have taken off today, too bad I can't afford it!
Hope you feel better soon!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #792
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Other than getting plenty of rest, I take extra Vitamin C and Chromium and have managed to keep every cold to a minimum this pregnancy. But sleep is foremost. A full night of sleep plus a nap or three can be the difference between two days of sniffles and three weeks of wreckage, for me. Getting rest immediately lets my system fight before the virus takes hold.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #793
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Congratulations! Try not to be too anxious, most pregnancies are viable and healthy, even when the miscarriage odds seem to loom large the majority are still just fine. I usually tell my family no sooner than the second trimester, too, and it can be a hard wait, but worth it.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #794
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Well it's eggy time and the husband is out of state! This cycle is a bust. annoyed:
Old 11-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #795

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Well it's eggy time and the husband is out of state! This cycle is a bust. annoyed:
Boo! I hate when that happens.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:17 AM   #796

Really trying not to be bummed. My family is going to the Mountains for the two days before Thanksgiving, I was invited and asked for the time off from work a month ago, they just got back to me and said they can't give me Tuesday/Wednesday off as requested, but can give me Monday/Tuesday or Just Wednesday. Yeah that doesn't do me any good, since I'd be carpooling with them. Was really looking forward to one last trip away before the baby and having some time to unwind.
Bummed.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:41 AM   #797

Since Monday I've been switching out the CARBS (the Dietician wants me to eat) like bread for carbs from potatoes, beans, etc. and I'm already down .8. I really want to lose another pound before my doc appointment Tuesday. I need to slow down this weight loss and I think the carbs they were having me eat was making it hum along faster. At 21 weeks I've gained 19 pounds.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #798
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Carlini, I have been there and I hate when the men are gone for the O! Bummer!

Lori, I hate when the job jerks around your days off... I know my job is struggling without me being there but I'm not coming back until my 8 weeks are done, they just gotta deal.

DP, hope you are on the mend.

I finally had the courage to check the scale and was pleasantly surprised to see my pre pregnancy weight!!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #799

Krissy - that is awesome!

Lori - I wouldnt be able eat those carbs either. I only gained 12lbs with my last pg and it was all fluid towards the end. I think you are making a wise choice by finding what works for you and what doesnt.

As for me, I am having a hard time toeing the line of maintenane. I am 10wks today and havent gained an oz but the cravings are getting the better of me. I have decided to drop the carbs a bit and then re-evaluate. I am worried I may go in and out of ketosis and I dont know what the doctor will say if they find ketones in my urine. We'll see!

Old 11-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #800

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Krissy - that is awesome!

Lori - I wouldnt be able eat those carbs either. I only gained 12lbs with my last pg and it was all fluid towards the end. I think you are making a wise choice by finding what works for you and what doesnt.

As for me, I am having a hard time toeing the line of maintenane. I am 10wks today and havent gained an oz but the cravings are getting the better of me. I have decided to drop the carbs a bit and then re-evaluate. I am worried I may go in and out of ketosis and I dont know what the doctor will say if they find ketones in my urine. We'll see!

I was so proud of myself for gaining only 3 pounds in the entire first trimester, as soon as the MS was over and I was able to eat my weight shot up because my blood sugars were so low I was eating whatever I wanted.
I feel better now, cutting down. Fruit, beans, corn, potatoes, nuts all make better carb choices then bread!
Yeah I wonder what the doc would say if they found ketones....very curious.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #801
Major LCF Poster!

Well my appointment today was nothing exciting... got the pap out of the way though. I scheduled the next two... Nov. 30th and Dec. 10th.

This is starting to become VERY real!

When will my boobs stop being so sore? LOL!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #802
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well my appointment today was nothing exciting... got the pap out of the way though. I scheduled the next two... Nov. 30th and Dec. 10th.

This is starting to become VERY real!

When will my boobs stop being so sore? LOL!
My friend told me they never stop being sore, you just build up a higher pain tolerance to it
Old 11-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #803
Major LCF Poster!

I talked to the dr. today, all is good with baby. But, she told me I should only gain 15 pounds when pregnant. That doesn't seem like much to me? My BMI is 21-22 or so, so I was expecting her to say 25 pounds! I have already gained 5 pounds and my husband was a 10 pound baby! I am completely worked up! Hopefully I am not irrational in thinking that only gaining 10 more pounds throughout my entire pregnancy is next to impossible. I am 5'9" and wear a size 4 (granted they are a little tight now), but what the heck?!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #804

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
I talked to the dr. today, all is good with baby. But, she told me I should only gain 15 pounds when pregnant. That doesn't seem like much to me? My BMI is 21-22 or so, so I was expecting her to say 25 pounds! I have already gained 5 pounds and my husband was a 10 pound baby! I am completely worked up! Hopefully I am not irrational in thinking that only gaining 10 more pounds throughout my entire pregnancy is next to impossible. I am 5'9" and wear a size 4 (granted they are a little tight now), but what the heck?!
Your doctor is delusional, you are tiny. I believe 25-35lbs is the suggested weight gain for someone who is not overweight. 15lbs is what my doctor suggested to me last time I was pg and I am OBESE!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #805
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Your doctor is delusional, you are tiny. I believe 25-35lbs is the suggested weight gain for someone who is not overweight. 15lbs is what my doctor suggested to me last time I was pg and I am OBESE!
Ahh thank you! Talk me down off the ledge because I am touchy enough about my weight as it is! 15 pounds!!!! This doc is crazy!

Glad you came in quickly because seriously I was going to jump
Old 11-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #806

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I am tiny. I am 5 5 and about 110 when I got pregnant. I went up to about 160. I was certainly not fat. My doctor told me it is normal for skinny women to gain more, not less. It all came off very easily too.
I just stayed vlc for my pregnancy and ate what I felt like and how much I wanted.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #807
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
My doc said for me to try to keep my gain to 11 lbs, I was at +6 at 20 weeks and my final weighin was +22. Dont stress about it, you are building a baby!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #808
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks guys! I feel a lot better now and have furiously been texting my mom and MIL who both confirm that 15 pounds is crazy. With the confirmation from LCF I will have a snack now, guilt free
Old 11-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #809
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Quote:
Your doctor is delusional, you are tiny. I believe 25-35lbs is the suggested weight gain for someone who is not overweight.
I agree with this.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #810
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, I agree... I am OBESE (according to the government) and I was also instructed today to only gain about 15 lbs. She said "Don't eat for two, eat for 1.1".
Closed Thread