Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #751
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
Lori - Congrats on the baby Girl!!!!

My 2 BBF's have each had 2 girls as well. We are the only ones with a boy. I honestly dont care what this one will be. A girl would be adorable but a boy would be wonderful too. Brothers are the best of friends.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2012, 03:28 PM   #752
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
OH HILARIOUS!
"Famously good-looking parents like Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, seen here with daughter Suri, are more likely to have girls than uglier couples"

Attractive couples more likely to have daughters than sons | Mail Online

That quote, just blows my mind. wow. LOL
What a horrible conclusion to draw. Sheeeeesh! That said, we have two daughters and a son, and I think everyone is pretty cute. I'm admittedly biased.

CONGRATULATIONS on a little girl, and I hope she is growing well and all looked good in terms of organs/fluid level/etc.

As for me, I still think I'm having a boy, but I'm not dogmatic about it. I won't be shocked out of my mind if I give birth and have to break out the pink onesies, but this pregnancy is closer to my boy pregnancy than the girl pregnancies
Old 10-31-2012, 07:49 PM   #753

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Mama View Post
What a horrible conclusion to draw. Sheeeeesh! That said, we have two daughters and a son, and I think everyone is pretty cute. I'm admittedly biased.

CONGRATULATIONS on a little girl, and I hope she is growing well and all looked good in terms of organs/fluid level/etc.

)

Yup, wasn't that horrible???

Thank you, yes the tech said everything looked great! And I was happy to see the baby's weight was right where it should be too, I know with gestational diabetes it can be a big baby, hoping the weight stays where it should be!
Old 11-01-2012, 04:26 AM   #754

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Yay for another girl!! Do you have same you are sharing?

So morning sickness is back in full affect...add that with the 8th month aches and pains and I'm over this!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:11 AM   #755

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Yay for another girl!! Do you have same you are sharing?

So morning sickness is back in full affect...add that with the 8th month aches and pains and I'm over this!
Oh poor thing, that is horrible. *hugs*

We are thinking her name will be Rose.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #756
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Had an ultrasound today but didn't get to see the dr. she was in emergency surgery. They said I am exactly 7 weeks. Got to hear the heartbeat But couldn't see it, they didn't do a transvaginal ultrasound just over the belly, maybe that is why?
Old 11-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #757

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
Had an ultrasound today but didn't get to see the dr. she was in emergency surgery. They said I am exactly 7 weeks. Got to hear the heartbeat But couldn't see it, they didn't do a transvaginal ultrasound just over the belly, maybe that is why?
Yay, hearing the heart beat is amazing, I didn't get to hear it til 16 weeks! I'd only seen it before that. I had two transvaginal ultrasounds, one at 8 weeks and at 11 weeks they tried to do the belly one and it didn't work. (I'm guessing because of my weight?) I honestly don't know why you weren't able to see it, I know at 8 weeks the baby still just looked like a giant blob. It wasn't til 11 weeks that the baby looked babylike. It was so neat to see the change in just a couple of weeks.
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 11-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #758
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
Yay, hearing the heart beat is amazing, I didn't get to hear it til 16 weeks! I'd only seen it before that. I had two transvaginal ultrasounds, one at 8 weeks and at 11 weeks they tried to do the belly one and it didn't work. (I'm guessing because of my weight?) I honestly don't know why you weren't able to see it, I know at 8 weeks the baby still just looked like a giant blob. It wasn't til 11 weeks that the baby looked babylike. It was so neat to see the change in just a couple of weeks.
I talked to DH last night after I posted and he said he saw a flash of it really quick. The girl was really hustling, I was her last appointment and they were behind for the day. Made me feel a lot better My bladder was pretty full and she was reallllly pressing on my abdomen with that thing so I was a little more distracted than I wanted to be. Hearing the baby's heartbeat was amazing, it was going so fast!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #759

Cool, CJ! I have my u/s on Monday, they are doing a transvaginal for this one. Last time I had a transvaginal u/s at this time too and they turned on the machine so I could hear it. I hope they do the same on Monday! I will be 9w5d on Monday.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #760

Off to start my baby Registry's today. Babies R us and Target I think will be the lucky choices!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #761
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Hi all! Wow, Sandy was no joke! It's going to take this area a long time to recover....we just got power back a couple days ago, but have not had Internet (still don't). We are all safe, that is most important. No damage here except for our mailbox, thankfully. We lost the big tree in our front yard a couple of Nor'easters ago though so that was probably good to have that gone.

Lori-congrats on the girl!

And as far as the space issue, I totally hear you on that. But, for the first few months, the baby won't really need that much space. They basically just lie around and are perfectly content with being held or laying in their bassinetts. My little guy didn't start crawling until around 8 months and even then we didn't give him free reign of the place (still don't and he just turned one!)

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 11-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #762

4 hours later, we are all registered. Time for a nap!

Sharon, I'm not so much worried about the space the baby will take, but the space the stuff for baby will take up!
We have a co sleeper, so we aren't even buying a crib until we get to the point that we need it.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #763
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
I am super excited today! We have come with an agreement on what the seller will fix on the house we are buying. We signed the papers to get him working on repairs today. Plus, if seller agrees the closing date will be moved to November 16! Which means I can use my Thanksgiving break to get things all settled how I like them!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
I am super excited today! We have come with an agreement on what the seller will fix on the house we are buying. We signed the papers to get him working on repairs today. Plus, if seller agrees the closing date will be moved to November 16! Which means I can use my Thanksgiving break to get things all settled how I like them!
YAY! Congrats!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #765
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
YAY! Congrats!
Thank you! The seller was taking forever to get back to us about the inspection/requests to fix things, so we were wondering if he wasn't going to fix very much. We came to a very happy compromise though!
Old 11-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #766
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
Great news! And the timing will be perfect if all goes smoothly
Old 11-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #767
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
Hi all! Wow, Sandy was no joke! It's going to take this area a long time to recover....we just got power back a couple days ago, but have not had Internet (still don't). We are all safe, that is most important. No damage here except for our mailbox, thankfully. We lost the big tree in our front yard a couple of Nor'easters ago though so that was probably good to have that gone.

Lori-congrats on the girl!

And as far as the space issue, I totally hear you on that. But, for the first few months, the baby won't really need that much space. They basically just lie around and are perfectly content with being held or laying in their bassinetts. My little guy didn't start crawling until around 8 months and even then we didn't give him free reign of the place (still don't and he just turned one!)
Whew, glad you're safe (can't say the same for that tree, though).
Old 11-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #768
Major LCF Poster!

I posted this on an induction thread, but I thought it might be fun to copy here. I've been terribly lazy about pictures this pregnancy but this reminds me that no matter how lazy and indulgent my eating was during the first trimester, I'm still doing pretty well and have come a long way the last four years.

So without further adieu, some pictures of me!

Before: This was not my high weight, I'm guessing it was ten pounds below it (probably around 240-250):

This year: And here I was at 169, about six pounds above my prepregnancy weight:

Hard to believe I'm four years older in the second one, the fat really aged me!

Tonight: 20 weeks pregnant with baby #4, and at 183 after four months of indulging cravings (and now back on the wagon and feeling much better for it). I love baby bellies so much more than double chins and bat wings

Old 11-05-2012, 04:32 AM   #769

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
You look wonderful!!

Well I caught a nasty cold that 2 of the kids I watch had AND my son caught a respiratory infection that another kid had. We are miserable. I'm taking my son to the doctors today to make sure it isn't bronchitis or something worse. I had to take off work today because there is no way I can care for kids in my conditions. Being 32 weeks pregnant and sick is pretty miserable
Old 11-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #770

Arctic Mama! LOVE IT! You look great! WTG!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #771
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Yay for baby belly! I admit, I miss mine, but I love this little girl that came out of it

DP, hope you and the boy start to feel better! Being sick is such a bummer.

Suzie, good news about the house! I can say from experience that trying to recover, take care of a newborn, and situate the house is a lot to handle all at once... pace yourself and don't be ashamed to sit down and take breaks often!

Just did a 2 mile walk dvd, it felt good but I do have a little c-section jiggle now. My incision feels hard underneath, I think the scar tissue is lumpy. I noticed it yesterday when I laid on my tummy on the floor.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #772
Major LCF Poster!

DP, colds suck, even ones with no complications! And pregnancy often makes congestion worse, too. Boo!

KQT - you will probably have some skin issues around your scar, I know I do. It doesn't have to be terrible, but it can create little wrinkles and ripples in what would otherwise be smooth skin. Keep an eye on the lumpy scar tissue, that might mean you keloid scar and that's something they'll need to check in future pregnancies. It can (very rarely) cause problems with adhesions or placenta accreta. I wouldn't worry, just mention it to your care provider somewhere down the road
Old 11-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #773

So I showed up for my u/s this morning and my doctor's office never submitted the atuthorization! I had to reschedule for next week and I was so mad that I drove over there and let them have it. DH and I both took time off work to do this and it is terribly inconvenient to have to reschedule. I am feeling better now that I got it all off my chest!

Suzie - Congrats! and perfect timing too!

DP - Hope you guys feel better soon.

Taryl - you look fab girl!

Sharon - so glad you guys are ok!

Old 11-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #774
Major LCF Poster!

How annoying, Andi! Hopefully it wasn't too much of a trip, I'd be pretty unhappy about that, too. Especially when you're all excited to have an ultrasound, only to be turned away because of a paperwork kerfuffle completely outside of your control. Boo!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #775
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004

I'm in a bit of a funk these days because of my lack of baby! I recently had a midwife appt, and they're going to start some basic testing. Patience is not my strong suit!

I haven't posted since our trip to Disneyland, so I have some catching up to do. I've been thinking about you all and from the initial scan I did this morning, everyone looks to be doing well.

My eating is out of control again. It's all these vacations! And I'm going back to Chicago for Thanksgiving. The travel makes it difficult, but it’s not an excuse. I need to get back to it!

Baby Boy born 10/11/13
Old 11-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #776
Thick and Delicious

Artic I love the baby belly!!

KQT, Brooke is adorable!! Good job momma!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #777
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Artic Mama- Love the belly, thanks for sharing. You look great! And thanks for sharing your before picture, look how far you've come!

Carlini- I'm right there with you, wanting nothing more than a baby and so impatient.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #778
Thick and Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
Carlini- I'm right there with you, wanting nothing more than a baby and so impatient.
We'll get there. My midwife did suggest Clomid down the road if needed. It's good to have options.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #779
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DP - That sounds miserable! I hope you feel better very soon and hopefully your son's wasn't anything too serious. My dad just had an upper respiratory infection last week. Nasty stuff.

Taryl - Oh my goodness! You look fantastic! Seriously! I the baby bump! I fear I won't get a cute bump with being overweight.

KQT - I'm glad everything is going well!

Andi - That is so frustrating! I don't think I could have calmly handled that one!

Carlini & Shana -

Lori37 - I hope you are feeling better about things! I understand the freaking out about space. We were not planning on buying, but we are already crammed into a one bedroom (got rid of the dining room for stepson to have a room). So, we expedited our plans a little.

Well, looks like we will be closing on Nov 27th after all. The seller is worried he won't be able to do all the repairs by the 16th. I'd rather him take his time and get it all done correctly. I'm just a little stressed about the four days to move and clean the old place! We rent from my parents, so I know my mom will come help me clean she is already worried about me during the moving process.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 11-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #780

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
So I showed up for my u/s this morning and my doctor's office never submitted the atuthorization! I had to reschedule for next week and I was so mad that I drove over there and let them have it. DH and I both took time off work to do this and it is terribly inconvenient to have to reschedule. I am feeling better now that I got it all off my chest!

:
OH THAT WOULD MAKE ME MAD TOO!
Closed Thread