Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Yay!!! Welcome to the world, little man!! Xoxo

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 04:17 AM   #602
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Happy birthday Ethan!'

Can't wait to see pictures. Hope mom and baby are doing well
Old 10-12-2012, 04:22 AM   #603
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Welcome Ethan! I can't wait to see pictures! Did big brother meet him last night?
Old 10-12-2012, 05:14 AM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Well, Ethan Alexander finally made his appearance, apparently he wanted his cool birth date (10/11/12)! Went in Wednesday afternoon around 4 pm, had a cervidil for 12 hours, then a cytotec for 4 hours, then started pitocin. Had been having contractions since I got in Wednesday, but the pitocin really, really made them instense fast. Had my epidural around 3:30 (and honestly I should have gotten it sooner, the contractions were painful and coming every 3 minutes by then). After the doctor broke my water at 4:30, Ethan came FAST! I went from 5 centimters to 10 centimters in less than an hour and pushed for 5 minutes. The doctor almost didn't make it back in time from the c section he was doing! Holy moly, that was intense! I feel like his head was almost out before the doctor sat down on his stool. And it is true, the epidural may help the pain, but that pressure you feel in your bottom is for real!!! DH was almost going to leave to get some food for himself, but I am glad that the nurse suggested he stay or he would have never made it back for the birth! Anyway, he was 8 lb, 6 oz and 20.5 inches long. We're both doing good, but why does no one talk about how much blood there is after you give birth? I remember from last time, but yikes! It's crazy......!
Here are a couple pictures! ♥♥
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ethan.alexander.101112 (1).jpg (33.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg ethan.alexander.101112.1.jpg (36.5 KB, 16 views)

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 10-12-2012, 06:08 AM   #605

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
Welcome to the world Ethan Alexander! Born on 10/11/12 at 5:30 pm, 8 lb, 6 oz, 20.5 inches long! Pictures to follow soon.
What an awesome Birthday!
Congrats!: birthday:
Old 10-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #606

Quote:
but why does no one talk about how much blood there is after you give birth? I remember from last time, but yikes! It's crazy......!
Here are a couple pictures! ♥♥
haha, when I "coached" my friend at her delivery, they forgot to cover the floor in between her and the doctor at first, they remembered half way thru. By the time everything was said and done, I was shocked. The place looked like a scary because they had trampled thru the blood. It really was shocking!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #607
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Sharon he is so perfect and beautiful Oh my goodness and so tiny!! It is such a miracle to me that you made a perfect little person. Amazing! So glad you are both doing well, rest up as much as you can. Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
haha, when I "coached" my friend at her delivery, they forgot to cover the floor in between her and the doctor at first, they remembered half way thru. By the time everything was said and done, I was shocked. The place looked like a scary because they had trampled thru the blood. It really was shocking!
What!?
Old 10-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #608
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Welcome Ethan! I can't wait for pictures.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #609

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Welcome to the world Ethan Alexander! Born on 10/11/12 at 5:30 pm, 8 lb, 6 oz, 20.5 inches long! Pictures to follow soon.

Oh Sharon, he is so handsome!!!!! Congrats!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #610

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Glad mom and baby are both healthy and happy!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #611

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post

What!?
Everything happened quickly at the end and they were distracted and in a hurry. Normally they aren't so messy. I promise.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #612
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just found out baby Ethan has a broken clavicle (collar bone). Apparently it can happen during a difficult delivery, but mine wasn't too difficult (just really fast). The induction was difficult for mommy, but he was still safely inside his little sack through all that. We do have to follow up with a pediatric orthopedist this week but for now all we can really do is keep his arm pinned up so it is immobilized as much as possible. I feel so bad for my little guy. They do say that he doesn't seem too uncomfortable by it, but I still am so sad that this happened!!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #613

Oh poor little guy Sharon. I pd feel the same way if I were you. I hope he heals fast.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #614
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Aww, poor buddy! I hope his collarbone heals quickly and he doesn't feel too much pain.

My c-section is scheduled for wednesday 10/17! Holy crap! We are finishing up the painting at the new place and should be moving the big stuff tomorrow-ish. Doc put me on leave from work due to high BP and upped my meds. my BP shot right back down after one dose so I feel good that she will be ok until weds. I am nesting what I can since we'll be in the hospital for a few days... washing blankets and sheets and boppy covers and unpacking the kitchen.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #615
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
My c-section is scheduled for wednesday 10/17! Holy crap!
Yeah!!!! That's a great day to be born, that's Brandon's birthday!
Old 10-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #616
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sharon, Ethan is so cute!! I hope he heals up soon and isn't in too much pain!

Yay, more baby pictures this week! I hope everything goes smooth!
Old 10-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #617

Quote:
Just found out baby Ethan has a broken clavicle (collar bone). Apparently it can happen during a difficult delivery, but mine wasn't too difficult (just really fast). The induction was difficult for mommy, but he was still safely inside his little sack through all that. We do have to follow up with a pediatric orthopedist this week but for now all we can really do is keep his arm pinned up so it is immobilized as much as possible. I feel so bad for my little guy. They do say that he doesn't seem too uncomfortable by it, but I still am so sad that this happened!!
Prayers for little Ethan!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #618

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Collarbones heal fast and new born babies do not move a lot, he will be fine!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #619
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
How did I miss the pictures? lol Poor Ethan, I hope he recovers quickly.

Baby fever is in full swing, with all the babies around here. Krissy, that's exciting! Wishing you a quick and easy delivery.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #620
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It just keeps getting better. My parents were supposed to come and help next week, but that has been put on an indefinite hold. My grandma has the early stages of Alzheimer's and has been living with them for the past couple of years or so. This morning, she fell in her bedroom and 911 was called. She is going to be in the hospital for a few days and then will probably have to get some rehab care. My parents won't really be able to pick up and leave here there alone in the hospital and at rehab to come down here. My grandma has to travel with them when they go out of town and she was going to come with them and stay with me next week too. I understand why they can't come, but it kind of sucks. DH was supposed to take off of work for paternity leave this week, and then have my parents come help out next week while he went back to work for the week. Then he was going to take a week vacation the following week so I could have about 3 weeks of "coverage". He is going to see if he can move his vacation up to next week now, but can't make any promises. I feel kind of lost and overwhelmed right now. Oh yeah, and my house is a mess.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #621

Aww Sharon. Deep breaths
Old 10-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
It just keeps getting better. My parents were supposed to come and help next week, but that has been put on an indefinite hold. My grandma has the early stages of Alzheimer's and has been living with them for the past couple of years or so. This morning, she fell in her bedroom and 911 was called. She is going to be in the hospital for a few days and then will probably have to get some rehab care. My parents won't really be able to pick up and leave here there alone in the hospital and at rehab to come down here. My grandma has to travel with them when they go out of town and she was going to come with them and stay with me next week too. I understand why they can't come, but it kind of sucks. DH was supposed to take off of work for paternity leave this week, and then have my parents come help out next week while he went back to work for the week. Then he was going to take a week vacation the following week so I could have about 3 weeks of "coverage". He is going to see if he can move his vacation up to next week now, but can't make any promises. I feel kind of lost and overwhelmed right now. Oh yeah, and my house is a mess.
I'm sorry! I hope your grandma is feeling well soon. Did she break anything? If not, maybe it will be a faster heal then thought and they could come for week three? Hopefully, your husband will be able to move his vacation up a week so at least the first two weeks will be covered. Maybe by then you will be so in the swing of things you will be okay! *optimistic for you!*
Old 10-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: VictoriaLynn
Stats: 5'2'' 366.4/284/130
WOE: Nutrisystem
Start Date: January 21, 2013

Can I join you all? I'm not pregnant yet. But I want to be!
A little history on me. I was pregnant in 2008 and 2009 and miscarried both of those times. After the second miscarriage I found out I had PCOS. I've always wanted a baby since then, but I let fear get in the way and pushed the idea aside of having a baby due to that fear. I know that to increase my shot at getting pregnant and staying pregant I really need to get some of this weight off. Since my last miscarriage, I've said I was going to do it, but they were really just half hearted attempts. But something has come over me and I have baby fever bad! I still will always have the fear, but its not as bad as it was and I think I'm ready to try to lose some of this weight and try again!

Goodbye 290's!

Second Mini Goal: Under 250
First Mini Goal: Under 300-Met 05/29/2013
Old 10-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #624

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaLynn View Post

A little history on me. I was pregnant in 2008 and 2009 and miscarried both of those times. After the second miscarriage I found out I had PCOS. I've always wanted a baby since then, but I let fear get in the way and pushed the idea aside of having a baby due to that fear. I know that to increase my shot at getting pregnant and staying pregant I really need to get some of this weight off. Since my last miscarriage, I've said I was going to do it, but they were really just half hearted attempts. But something has come over me and I have baby fever bad! I still will always have the fear, but its not as bad as it was and I think I'm ready to try to lose some of this weight and try again!
Welcome Victoria! Happy to have you join us! Glad you're ready to try again, don't let fear hold you back from your dreams!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #625
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome, Victoria! I have PCOS and went through several years of infertility. And somehow, I was blessed with 2 beautiful baby boys in less than 2 years which we conceived on our own (after we gave up on fertility treatments)! This is a great group of ladies, we are all in different parts of our journeys. Best of luck to you!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Welcome and best wishes for some smooth sailing!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #627
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks all for the warm welcome!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #628
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Welcome, Victoria! I have PCOS and went through several years of infertility. And somehow, I was blessed with 2 beautiful baby boys in less than 2 years which we conceived on our own (after we gave up on fertility treatments)! This is a great group of ladies, we are all in different parts of our journeys. Best of luck to you!
Congrats on your new addition!
Did you do anything to help you conceive like low carb or did it just happen for you?
(this may be TMI sorry) but last month I really didn't have a period. I spotted after sex with my husband and that was it. I've been having cramps ever since. Sad, but I don't even want to test because I "know" it will be negative. Just because I've been there, done that ya know?
Old 10-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #629
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Congrats on your new addition!
Did you do anything to help you conceive like low carb or did it just happen for you?
(this may be TMI sorry) but last month I really didn't have a period. I spotted after sex with my husband and that was it. I've been having cramps ever since. Sad, but I don't even want to test because I "know" it will be negative. Just because I've been there, done that ya know?
The first time we got pregnant, I had actually found out I had all sorts of food allergies (wheat, soy, corn, chocolate, eggs, milk, pork) and I started eating very basic things-chicken and veggies, steak. I also started a very low dose of synthroid for a low thyroid that was just diagnosed due to them changing the "normal" ranges. This all happened the very month I got pregnant. So, I wasn't even eating that cleanly for more than 2 weeks when I noticed that (TMI) I had that discharge that looks like egg whites. I called DH upstairs and asked if he was busy and 9 months later we were blessed with our baby Brandon. I ate very low carb during that pregnancy and somehow conceived our new little baby boy Ethan about 8 weeks after I had Brandon . I stayed kind of low carb after I had Brandon and before I conceived Ethan, but also got hit with a pretty hard case of PPD so I stopped breastfeeding so I could go back on Wellbutrin. Once I found out I was pregnant with Ethan, I immediately stopped the Wellbutrin. I seem to feel better mood wise when I am pregnant than when I am not pregnant believe it or not. It's strange.

Anyways, sorry for such a long answer, but I think it was a combination of eating LC and starting the synthroid that really helped my fertility (considering I was 38 when I had Brandon and am 39 now with Ethan).

Do you see an endocronologist? Or an RE? That really helped me too....
Old 10-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #630

Welcome Victoria! Best of luck to you
Closed Thread