LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
Hello Everyone.

I am TTC baby #4. Doctor says I need to get healthier. Needless to say weight and age were my number to factors. Cant do anything about my age but am gonna try really hard to get the weight off for good.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Welcome, Shantony!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Its really high up though? Wouldn't gallbladder be lower abdomen?
No, it's usually right below your ribs. When is your next doc's appointment?
Old 08-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Jilly I love all your babies hair, so cute! My niece had super long hair early too, it can be a pain!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #34

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Welcome shantony and good luck!

The 24th jilly. I think I'm ok. I think it's just everything moving and shifting. If it gets worse ill go see my doctor
Old 08-12-2012, 04:39 AM   #35

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
My gallbladder pain was upper chest...my appendix was lower.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:22 AM   #36

Thanks for the concern everyone. Is mostly gone. I honestly think its just thinks moving and shifting. The baby's movements are becoming bigger and I'm getting a little more aches in my back as well (terrible with my first pregnancy)

Another cruddy day here. Waiting for storms to roll in now.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:31 AM   #37
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
suzanne, i thought of you this morning, i had to fry up some venison burger for a velveeta/burger/rotel dip for a dinner tonight with the fam. Honestly - it's probably the first time I've cooked burger this entire pregnancy! I thought, suzanne did this everyday!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:27 AM   #38

Gallery: pocahontas
Shantony!

DP - Just keep an eye on it. I had my first ever gallbladder attack at 24wks pg with DS. I didnt know what it was and didnt have another one until he was almost 3 mo old. I had to have it removed when he was 4 mo old, it progressed that quickly.

lizzy - How are you? Is Asher settling in?
Old 08-12-2012, 06:28 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
suzanne, i thought of you this morning, i had to fry up some venison burger for a velveeta/burger/rotel dip for a dinner tonight with the fam. Honestly - it's probably the first time I've cooked burger this entire pregnancy! I thought, suzanne did this everyday!
I couldnt go near beef until like 16wks. I dont know how she did it!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #40

It was horrible!!! I was gagging and puking! so glad those days are behind me!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #41

I'm still having those issues with chicken! I have to get chicken breast and it has to have the littlest amount of fat I can find
Old 08-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #42

Any kind of fat grossed me out when I was pregnant. I drained and drained all my beef. That is why I liked tuna a lot. Some days I really could just handle the deli meats with mayo. One time I threw out a package of pork chops, I could not even exist under the same roof as them, they grossed me out so much! Going to the grocery store was just a nightmare, everything looked gross, especially the meat.
The first meal I ate after James was born, cheeseburgers and they were AMAZING! Everything went right back to tasting good again. I love my meat with lots of fat, like the past 9 months never happened.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

I had a major problem eating veggies while I was pregnant. Meats and cheeses were fine, eggs were hit-or-miss, but vegetables were completely disgusting to me, even if I completely slathered them in butter or cheese or whatever.

Battling a bad headache tonight. I took some Tylenol (I'm allergic to NSAIDs, so Tylenol is my only OTC option), but it still is killin' me. Hope hope hoping it's gone by the time I wake up in the morning!
Old 08-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
I still can't eat any meats, eggs, or vegetables. And now cheeses are starting to turn my stomach, too. Even if i try to "trick" myself by eating cauli-potatoes or cheese "crackers", i can still smell the true ingredients, and i feel like yakking. Even protein power grosses me out! I had to turn to fruit and carbs for relief The only alternative was going hungry, and that was just too miserable. I'm hoping this passes soon.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:20 AM   #45

I was like that too Amy for about 15 weeks. I couldn't stomach much. Just do your best

Speaking of food aversions...I had to throw out some cooked chicken in my fridge. The thought of it being in there made me i bought a pack with the breasts and thighs and I simply can't do dark meat right now. I'll stick to breasts and ground beef

I have a LONG day today. Pray I don't fall asleep on the kids
Old 08-13-2012, 05:41 AM   #46

fruit is still a better choice than processed foods! One day at a time
Old 08-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLiz View Post
I still can't eat any meats, eggs, or vegetables. And now cheeses are starting to turn my stomach, too. Even if i try to "trick" myself by eating cauli-potatoes or cheese "crackers", i can still smell the true ingredients, and i feel like yakking. Even protein power grosses me out! I had to turn to fruit and carbs for relief The only alternative was going hungry, and that was just too miserable. I'm hoping this passes soon.
I'm with ya girl! These meat and veggie lover now wants nothing to do with meat and veggies. But I am craving fruit non stop! I've started feeling acidy this week, I guess this is the start of heart burn coming on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
fruit is still a better choice than processed foods! One day at a time
AMEN TO THAT!
Old 08-13-2012, 06:38 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
I'm with ya girl! These meat and veggie lover now wants nothing to do with meat and veggies. But I am craving fruit non stop! I've started feeling acidy this week, I guess this is the start of heart burn coming on.
I also have been having heartburn, but it started a couple weeks ago. I have always had an acid reflux problem (and eating LC completely fixed it!) so I expected it to happen pretty quick for me. I usually take a few sips of milk,(not a big drink) and it seems to calm my heartburn down.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLiz View Post
I also have been having heartburn, but it started a couple weeks ago. I have always had an acid reflux problem (and eating LC completely fixed it!) so I expected it to happen pretty quick for me. I usually take a few sips of milk,(not a big drink) and it seems to calm my heartburn down.
I've never had heartburn before so this will be interesting....thanks for the Milk tip, unfortunately the thought of drinking milk makes me wanna puke.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #50
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
i take an OTC generic pepcid daily and it seems to help keep the lava down.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Hi all,

Sciatica is still here. I had a good day Saturday (mainly because I tried to stay off my feet a lot) and most of Sunday but it kicked in again after I did a couple loads of laundry and cleaned up the kitchen/did the dishes. Ugh....this sucks. It's not as bad as it was, but I really have to watch it I guess.

Brandon's hair cut looks great! We put him in the little car and he immediately went for the steering wheel, lol. He was pretty good, I only had to hold his head still a couple of times for the stylist. I'll try to post a picture later on when I get them off the camera. But he definitely looks less 'raggedy' now.

On another note, we noticed that he has FIVE top teeth coming in now! Yikes! He is growing up way too fast. He also has learned how to "give me 5" and laughs hysterically when we "give him 5". And, I swear, I heard him say "mama". He was sitting in his high chair and I walked into the dining room and he turned his head and said "mama". I couldn't get him to say it again though....but I am pretty positive that is what he said! It actually made me stop in my tracks, it came out of nowhere. He's been saying "dadadadadadadadada" for awhile now. He also says "bababababababa" which is Chinese for daddy although I doubt he knows that. I think that is just normal baby babble. I've been saying "mama" to him for a few weeks now after he says "dadadadadada".

Jilly-Ben does have a lot of hair, wow!!! I don't see why you couldn't bring him somewhere to get his hair cut and you just hold him yourself. And Brandon has that same onesie, in fact it was part of his hospital going home outfit. Very cute!!

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 08-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #52

This sounds really nasty but baking soda helps with really bad heart burn too! Take about a tsp and some water and chug. It's really foul tasting but works almost immediately. I have about 3 bad spells with it so far

10 days until we find out!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quick "poll" question. If your baby wasn't head down, would you go ahead and have a "version" performed (where they manually move the baby) or would you just go ahead and opt for the c section?

This baby is still tranverse (I will be 32 weeks tomorrow). I know he has a little bit of time left to move head down, but they are already talking doing a version. I remember Suzanne had a bad experience with that and went into labor during it and she had to have a c section right away. I have heard they are painful too? I had a vaginal delivery with Brandon, and this will probably be my last baby.....but I am not too excited about surgery either.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #54

My son didn't drop OR turn until I was 41 weeks. I'd wait
Old 08-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, 41 weeks? How big was he?
Old 08-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
Quick "poll" question. If your baby wasn't head down, would you go ahead and have a "version" performed (where they manually move the baby) or would you just go ahead and opt for the c section?
They can turn at the very last minute so I would wait. If he doesnt turn then... I am biased because I had a fabulous c-sect with DS so I would choose the c-sect.

So I dont know what is going on with me. The scale says I am up 8lbs from my weigh in on Friday. I stuck to plan all weekend but did eat more than usual. That is the nature of the beast for me on weekends, they lack the structure that the work week gives me. All I can think of is that I must be retaining some serious water. I did have pork rinds and dip on Sat & Sun and I am getting close to Ovulation. This is so frustrating!

Menu for the day:

B - coffee w/ cream, chorizo & eggs topped with cheese diced tomato & avocado
L - leftover greek style meatloaf & mashed cauli
D - shrimp & veggie stir fry
S - jello w/ whipped cream

Last edited by pocahontas; 08-13-2012 at 09:05 AM..
Old 08-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Good thing work isn't very busy right now since Ben was up crying for about half an hour at 3:30 this morning He has his first official stuffy nose. He normally sucks on a pacifier to fall asleep, but he coudln't have the pacifier in his mouth since he couldn't breathe through his nose. I felt so bad for him, and so helpless. We brought him back to bed with us and propped him up on a Boppy so he wasn't laying down flat. That and letting him hold onto my fingers was at least enough for him to eventually fall back to sleep from about 5-8am. Little angel that he is, though, he was still smiley and chatty this morning!
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 08-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #58

Do not try to turn the baby, chances are you will go into labor and have the c-section anyone. The c- section was a lot easier than I thought too.
So sorry for all of you with nausea, that was rough. I was able to eat nuts...
Old 08-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
wow, 41 weeks? How big was he?
He wasn't born until 42 weeks he did NOT want to come out and my doctor didn't induce until I was 14 days over due.
He was only 6.14. ThEy told me he was going to be almost 10 pounds

So I think I've figured out the rib pain.....it's when I'm overfull! I just ate a LOT of chicken and Brussels sprouts and I've defanitly over full. This happened yesterday too. I guess I have to really watch how much I'm eating. Something must be pushing on something
Old 08-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #60

I kept over eating when pregnant and then was in so much pain! especially when i ate bacon! that was a killer with the bloating. And yet, i did it almost everyday, lol.
Closed Thread