Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 04:49 AM   #541
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I think that's pretty positive!!! Yayayay!

3rd trimester today

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 05:39 AM   #542
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Cj, I took 5 the first time... I don't judge. CONGRATS!

Today is the family baby shower with my BIL's gf, due 2 weeks after me. This will be a fun day. Hubby is home and working on the new house, getting the paint stuff we need to start the rooms. Now I can relax and not worry if I go into any contrax or labor as daddy's finally home for good!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #543

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I've been having BH contractions since I was 15 weeks. Sometimes they hurt but more usually they are just uncomfortable. Do you have a nurse line?

I had to call mine today. This pain under my breast is awful. They connected me to triage. Nurse said its indigestion! I was shocked because its so low and always in the same spot. Told me to try something stronger than tums. I'm hoping I can get some relief now

On a positive note- I just scheduled our 4D ultrasound so ds and daddy can see our little princess. It's not until the 28th but I'm SO excited
Yeah, I can call the doctors office or even my soon to be midwife. But the pains are gone now. I'll ask at my next appointment.
Hope you got some relief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
No, insurance doesn't cover it. It's $175 but we get military discount so it's $145. Dh hasn't even heard the baby's heartbeat yet so we are going to pay for it so he can see her
We had one with my son because the tech wanted to practice it. We got lucky and it was SO cool. I'm really excited!
WOW! My friend has gone for of these 4D ultrasounds already and (they don't take insurance) but she pays $35 and gets to take a DVD home of the baby. I have seen more expensive places, but under $100 seems to be normal around here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
Well, I had my last scheduled ultrasound this morning and baby is still vertex (yeah!!) and is measuring "average" for 39 weeks, 4 days. He is measuring at 7 lb, 8 oz. My due date is Monday and the perinatologist does not want me to go over 40 weeks, but she said by next Wednesday if he hasn't made his appearance yet, they would like to induce me. So, today is my last day of work. I can't believe it!!!! I'm pretty anxious. But very excited to meet this little guy too.
WOOHOO! Can't wait!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #544

As far as pregnancy symptoms, It was Friday and I was getting cramps and due to start. We'd been trying for 2 months (went off the pill, but we weren't checking ovulation or anything) I wasn't putting too much thought into missing a period. I had cramps for a week and a stuffy nose when I finally decided this period was too late and I should take a test! I didn't believe it at first either! I cried and cried, tears of joy, tears of fear, tears of the unknown. And tears of knowing I may end up quitting my job and I absolutely LOVE my job. I've been there just barely a year now. I work with adults with autism and downs, and there is just so much love in my work, it's so rewarding. I'm not ready to leave and I pray to God we are able to work out something so I can stay at least another year after the baby. I really need to since it's the only stable source of health insurance.
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 10-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #545
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: A long time ago
Hi ladies,

I've been keeping up (for the most part), but not posting. My diet has been terrible, I'm stressed about TTC. I had my follow up with my OB/GYN and she's putting me on Clomid, due to an anovulitory cycle. She also recommended we see a RE at a fertility clinic that comes highly recommended. I've looked up prices for IUI, which would be ideal with hubby's low count and motility, and it's not as much as I thought it would be. We'll try the Clomid and go from there, possibly doing a few cycles of IUI at the end of the 5-6 month Clomid run.

So my big question- I'm 8DPO and have had a triphasic chart this month, with high temps, and another higher temp bump over the past few days. I also decided to test last night (wayyyyy early, I know) and got 2 test with a faint BFP, then nothing after that. I tested again this morning. I've been feeling crappy, crazy heightened sense of smell, not wanting to eat, and moody. Is it possible my O date was a little off? Of course, I'll wait a few more days and see what my temp does and test again, ok, probably 100 more times!
Can you get a true BPF, then negatives, with a positive a few days later? What would cause 2 faint positives, then negative? Maybe my tests are faulty and they are evap lines? I know, I'll find out soon enough when AF comes, or doesn't...

Shana
Old 10-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #546
Senior LCF Member

Oh, and how could I forget? CONGRATULATIONS ANDI! Sooo hapy for you!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
Cj, I took 5 the first time... I don't judge. CONGRATS!

Today is the family baby shower with my BIL's gf, due 2 weeks after me. This will be a fun day. Hubby is home and working on the new house, getting the paint stuff we need to start the rooms. Now I can relax and not worry if I go into any contrax or labor as daddy's finally home for good!
With the digital this morning (positive! loved seeing that pregnant pop up) I am at 4 I love baby showers, and am so glad your hubby is home!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #548
Major LCF Poster!

Oregon Transplant: It could be possible that your O was early and that you implanted early as well. I had some IB 6 days after I ovulated, which I dismissed because it was so soon after O. It could happen! I believe Pocahontas mentioned upthread she got a better line at night. Try again tonight! Couldn't hurt
Old 10-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #549
Senior LCF Member

Thanks SouthernCJ, and congratulations on your BFP so soon! I may try again tonight and see. I'd always heard to use FMU. The faint BVP were mid-day.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #550

Gallery: pocahontas
So great to hear from you shana! Thanks! It is entirely possible that you o'd later than your chart says. I cant say for sure without seeing it but it happened to me on 2 cycles. The only way to know is when tom comes and you can count back your lp. I would test again in 2 days and make sure you use a pink dye test the blues are notorious for evaps. I always have darker test lines in the late afternoon rather than with fmu. I have my fingers crossed for you!!!!

Last edited by pocahontas; 10-06-2012 at 04:01 PM..
Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #551

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Good luck to all ttc! I am killing time till James wakes from his nap and I can meet my family at church. He is nursing less, so my weight is better. I was scary skinny for a while. Just a few pounds makes a big difference on me.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #552

I hear that Suzanne. I'm 4'11 so every pound shows.

We are killing time until I take my son to the movies tonight for my birthday.

Dh comes home in 11 days
Old 10-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #553

Hope everyones had a good weekend!
It's a 3 day weekend for me, so I'm off to the apple orchards to pick fresh apples and see the sighs. beautiful place!
Happy to see that after almost a week on this gestation diabetic program I've gained less then a pound! YAY!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:46 AM   #554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
My lack of sickness caught up with me a bit over the weekend. I ended up throwing up 3 out of 4 meals I ate on Sat-Sun (woke up later both days so had brunch and dinner). I randomly could hold down Chinese food and Slim Jims (which I never want but randomly looked delicious the last time I was at Aldi!).
Old 10-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
My lack of sickness caught up with me a bit over the weekend. I ended up throwing up 3 out of 4 meals I ate on Sat-Sun (woke up later both days so had brunch and dinner). I randomly could hold down Chinese food and Slim Jims (which I never want but randomly looked delicious the last time I was at Aldi!).
Egg drop soup, string cheese and powerade where my morning sickness life savers!
Are you taking Vitamin B6? It's suggested for morning sickness and really helped me a LOT! You can take up to 25mg 3 times a day. It made me stop throwing up, I just had nausea to deal with.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm not taking anything additional yet as it hasn't been that bad. This past weekend was the only about the 2nd (well through 5th) time I've actually thrown up from it. Even then, it was about an hour later and not a stomach emptying experience. (Sorry I'm being gross!) I'll look into it though if it keeps up! Thanks.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
I'm not taking anything additional yet as it hasn't been that bad. This past weekend was the only about the 2nd (well through 5th) time I've actually thrown up from it. Even then, it was about an hour later and not a stomach emptying experience. (Sorry I'm being gross!) I'll look into it though if it keeps up! Thanks.
Ha, don't worry about being gross! I hope it stays mild for you. Mine stayed pretty mild compared to some of the stories I heard, but I also found a lot of little things that helped. The ginger and crackers didn't do anything for me. It was all about SeaBands, peppermint essential oil, vitamin b6, and gummy prenatals over the regular ones, oh and an occasional dramamine (safe for pregnancy). When you get to where you need relief don't be afraid to ask, there are plenty of good choices out there!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #558
KQT

egg drop soup got me through my first weeks of finding out I was prego, I had a horrible sinus infection that floored me for 2 weeks. Catching that along with the low immune system trying to grow baby just wrecked me!

DH's been working on painting the new house and I've been working on not doing too much but it's hard to make myself sit down when we're on a time limit. I tried to get him to DTD last night to start some progress but he says no it's too early, I have things I need to get done before we can go to the hospital! Booooo.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Going to the OB today to talk about induction! I have such mixed feelings. I am ready to not be pregnant anymore and meet this little guy , but am scared and anxious about how much more work we are going to have! It seems like nothing we wanted to do before he comes has gotten done....but there is always (and will always be something) to do, so this is the "new normal" now anyway!
P.S. I am dreading the cervical check. This particular doctor I am seeing today always hurts me so much! So, I already know my blood pressure is going to be sky high just because of nerves and anticipation. DH and Brandon are coming with me for "support".

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 10-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #560

So I had a horrible carb fest over the weekend and now I am paying the price dearly with severe heartburn. I guess I learned my lesson. I think Ill give the egg drop soup a try, sounds good.

I made a batch of coconut flour banana walnut muffins yesterday and am determined to stay on plan. It's a daily struggle but I dont want to have a miserable pregnancy just because I am too lazy to prepare and plan! If baking a LC treat every couple of weeks keeps me on plan then so be it.

BIL is coming to stay with us for a couple days so DH and I spent yesterday cleaning out the spare room. I had tons of clothes on the bed and we had been storing all kinds of junk in there.

A couple people in our building have had babies in the last couple of months and when DS hears one of them crying he jumps up and looks around and says "Baby, baby!". I said "Yes, do you want a baby to come to our house to play?" and he said "Nope!"

Sharon - hope your appt isnt too painful! yikes!

Last edited by pocahontas; 10-08-2012 at 11:58 AM..
Old 10-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #561
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I survived the cervix check....but I got a HUGE contraction that I could barely sit up right after. Anyway, I'm still only at 1 centimeter and my cervix is "unfavorable". So, I guess I'm going in the hospital tonight to have cervadil inserted and the induction starts tomorrow. Oh boy......here we go!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #562
KQT

good luck!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #563
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good luck!!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #564

Quote:
Well, I survived the cervix check....but I got a HUGE contraction that I could barely sit up right after. Anyway, I'm still only at 1 centimeter and my cervix is "unfavorable". So, I guess I'm going in the hospital tonight to have cervadil inserted and the induction starts tomorrow. Oh boy......here we go!
Yay! going up for a speedy induction/delivery! I cant wait to see pics of the newest addition. Good luck Sharon!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #565

Oh my!!! Baby on the way! Thinking of you and wishing you the best
Old 10-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #566

Quote:
YAY! hope everything goes smoothly! Congrats!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #567
Major LCF Poster!

It's baby time!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #568
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Sharon
Old 10-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks everyone! Had such a restless uncomfortable night here at the hospital....baby didn't want to stay on the monitor, so I didn't get much sleep. I really wish I didn't have to be induced! The cervidil is scheduled to come out around 11 am....then we'll see if we start pitocin or not....
Old 10-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #570

Praying for you. After I had the cervadil my water bork 11 hours labor and then I was in labor for 12. Hopi it's a LOt faster for you. Best of luck and
Closed Thread