Old 10-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Yep and apparently it works! You and I are proof!
I know I'm so excited! I don't know what to do with myself! I keep looking at the test like, what? No way!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #512
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
Old 10-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #513
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nic~at~nite
Stats: 216/190.2/148
WOE: Atkins with fruit
Hi! So glad I found this board. New mommy here! Our little boy, Charlie, was born on 9/25. I look forward to posting and reading posts of new moms (and soon to be moms)!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #514

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Welcome nic

I'm starting to have really bad back pain. Just in time for dh to get home and give messages
I can't believe how low this baby is. I feel like her head could pop out anytime somedays!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Welcome Nic! You know the rule about mommies joining is that you have to post a pic of your baby! !!!!!

DP-I totally hear you about feeling like the head is going to pop out....isn't that such a weird feeling? I remember feeling that from like 20 weeks on with both pregnancies.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

I agree with the others--price of admission is a baby picture!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #517

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
I've never been, so just confirm to me that Disneyland rollercoasters are wimpy. I have an issue with roller coasters. The smaller the better.
YUP, infact at Disneyland there's really only one or two rides that qualify as a roller coaster, and they don't go upside down or anything. LOTS of other rides. DO NOT MISS Pirates of the carribean! It's cute and even cuter, now that the movies have been made and they've incorporated parts of it into the ride. It's such an easy ride, we've taken babies on it. And make sure you stop by Disneyland City Hall as you walk in and ask for a "first timers" button. You'll get special treatment thru out the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
Here is a pic of the one that was a bit darker, these things are hard to photograph!

YAY! Congrats! So exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic~at~nite View Post
Hi! So glad I found this board. New mommy here! Our little boy, Charlie, was born on 9/25. I look forward to posting and reading posts of new moms (and soon to be moms)!
Welcome! Happy to have you here!
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 10-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #518

Periodically I get these sharp abdominal pains...they come and go, but seem to be persistent when I'm very active. (Like walking around the zoo or working out) they last for a few hours then subside when I rest. I thought this might be round ligament pain, but doesn't match up with what everyone is telling me that feels like. Anybody else experience pain like this? I don't think it's the baby kicking or anything, as it seems to be off to the side a bit. I'm almost 17 weeks.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori-maybe they are Braxton Hicks?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
Lori-maybe they are Braxton Hicks?
Do those start this early? Should I be concerned? I know they are false contractions, but don't know the details about when they commonly start etc.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #521

Found this and it doesn't sound like it....

"Braxton Hicks contractions can begin anytime after week 20 of pregnancy. (You'll probably feel them earlier and more intensely if you've been pregnant before.) Braxton Hicks contractions begin as a painless tightening of the uterine muscles, usually lasting about 15 to 30 seconds, but sometimes as long as two minutes, and causing your abdomen to become very hard and strangely contorted (almost pointy). Once you get closer to your estimated due date, these contractions become more frequent and more intense. "

These pains are like a quick stabbing pain, it quickly comes and goes. But it is painful, painful enough to make me wince, but not enough to make me cry or scream! LOL.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #522

I've been having BH contractions since I was 15 weeks. Sometimes they hurt but more usually they are just uncomfortable. Do you have a nurse line?

I had to call mine today. This pain under my breast is awful. They connected me to triage. Nurse said its indigestion! I was shocked because its so low and always in the same spot. Told me to try something stronger than tums. I'm hoping I can get some relief now

On a positive note- I just scheduled our 4D ultrasound so ds and daddy can see our little princess. It's not until the 28th but I'm SO excited
Old 10-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #523
Major LCF Poster!

I just found out that the OB/GYN I have been going to for the last two years isn't board certified, so I'm looking into getting a different one who is. Thinking I'm going to use the one a couple girls at work like (who is board certified, I checked). It's a male doctor and I have never had a man GYN! I am a huge prude and am a bit nervous about switching. He gets rave reviews though. They are closed now but I will call on Monday!

Lori I didn't realize that you were 17 weeks, for some reason I thought you were 12! Where have I been? Those could totally be BH!

DP-4d ultrasound WOOWOO! Make sure you post some pictures!! I can't wait to see her!

HappyCat-How are you feeling? Are we getting close to baby time?
Old 10-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #524
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
yep, methinks that pink line is getting darker!

I had a growth US today and baby girl is at 7lb 3oz, right on target from the last US... and still very breech.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #525
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/296/140
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Lori ~ Thanks! That sounds like my kind of park Zero pregnancy experience here, but could it be ligament stretching pain?

KQT ~ can the baby turn last minute? Seems I've heard of that happening before.

CJ ~ how are you feeling? Any different? Just out of curiously, how long were you TTC? It seems like it's taking forever for us.

DP ~ does your insurance cover the 4D ultrasound? I don't think mine would, but I probably would pay for it because it looks so cool!

Sharon ~ how are you doing today?

As for me, O is getting close. It's almost a week late this month. I'm guessing the travel and diet change on vacation is what's delaying the egg. I was really hoping to be PG by the end of year and these long cycles aren't helping. I'm so impatient!!

Last edited by CARLINI; 10-05-2012 at 12:19 PM..
Old 10-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #526

No, insurance doesn't cover it. It's $175 but we get military discount so it's $145. Dh hasn't even heard the baby's heartbeat yet so we are going to pay for it so he can see her
We had one with my son because the tech wanted to practice it. We got lucky and it was SO cool. I'm really excited!
Old 10-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I had my last scheduled ultrasound this morning and baby is still vertex (yeah!!) and is measuring "average" for 39 weeks, 4 days. He is measuring at 7 lb, 8 oz. My due date is Monday and the perinatologist does not want me to go over 40 weeks, but she said by next Wednesday if he hasn't made his appearance yet, they would like to induce me. So, today is my last day of work. I can't believe it!!!! I'm pretty anxious. But very excited to meet this little guy too.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #528

Quote:
Well, I had my last scheduled ultrasound this morning and baby is still vertex (yeah!!) and is measuring "average" for 39 weeks, 4 days. He is measuring at 7 lb, 8 oz. My due date is Monday and the perinatologist does not want me to go over 40 weeks, but she said by next Wednesday if he hasn't made his appearance yet, they would like to induce me. So, today is my last day of work. I can't believe it!!!! I'm pretty anxious. But very excited to meet this little guy too.
Yay!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #529
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Quote:
Yay!! I can't wait to see pictures!!
Old 10-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #530

Sharon -

DP - we didnt do the 4D with DS but I might this time around. We had a great u/s tech and he took a few shots in 4D and gave them to us so we opted not to go back for the full u/s

Carlini - Hang in there! Are you doing SMEP too? It worked really well for me and CJ. Of course, it couls have just been that the stars aligned for us but I will take it!

Krissy - your little one is stubborn already!

Lori - I vote for Ligament pain. It probably feels differnt for everyone. I had them at that far along as well.

Nothing going on over here except a little heartburn. Grabbing some Tums tonight at Target. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Old 10-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #531
Thick and Delicious

DP ~ Iím excited for you! Please share a pic when you get them.

Sharon ~ Baby will be here soon! How long are you taking a leave of absence for?

Andi ~ Iíve read up on SMEP, but havenít tried it yet. Iíve been trying to avoid having to buy OPKís. So Pricey! Iím going to strongly consider it for next cycle.

Question for those that have been pregnant Ė You know that feeling you get before AF, where you just can ďfeelĒ it coming? Is it possible to have that feeling and be pregnant? Is there anything in very early pregnancy that feels different then PMS? Iím not sure whatís making me ask this. Just curious I guess.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

Carlini--I am feeling a bit different! Ever since I ovulated this cycle I have been feeling really bloated and crampy. It was nonstop and there was nothing I could do to relieve it! That has been pretty much my only symptom. It seems to be easing up today. I have been feeling tired but I think that's because I cut back on drinking regular coffee (boo).

Wednesday afternoon I had a backache like I was going to start my period (you know the one, in your lower back) but AF wasn't due until the following Tuesday, so I thought I would pick up a test just for fun even though Thursday would be 5 days before AF. Thursday morning I got up and peed at 5 am (really had to go) and then laid back down. I got up at 6:30 and took the test anyways, definitely not expecting anything since I had just peed, and the line was there! Very faint but definitely there.

This is only our second month trying! I read taking control of your fertility about a year ago and started tracking my cycles then since I wanted to get pregnant right away after we got married. We really wanted a baby and I didn't want to wait any longer than we had to! I just turned 25 and DH will be 26 next month, so I think being on the young side of things worked in our favor a lot.

ETA: If your cycles are regular I would take a shot at SMEP without the OPK. I got the digital one from first response and it was expensive! Also it turns off after you get a "Yes" on it, and you can't use it anymore! I would try internet cheapies if I were you.

Last edited by SouthernCJ; 10-05-2012 at 03:04 PM..
Old 10-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Carlini,

I am planning on taking 12 weeks of leave. So, I should be back at work in early January 2013.

Also, I remember when I got pregnant both times, I felt exactly like I was getting my period (cramping, boobs hurt) but yet instead of getting relief from that when AF showed up, it just continued and continued and continued. The boob pain is always the worst! So, when it continued past a week and AF didn't show up, I took a test and saw that wonderful double line! The cramping went away, but the boob pain lingered a bit too long for my tastes!

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 10-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #534
Thick and Delicious

CJ ~ I'll look into the cheapies. I'm not always regular, so they may help. So you're a youngin'...that's why you got PG so fast!! Well I hope you have a happy and healthy nine months. I'm really so excited for you.

Sharon ~ itís good to know that if the cramps start I'm not necessarily out. Do you have a nursery done? I must see!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #535

Carlini I have a bunch of internet cheapie OPK's if you want them! Wondfo's or whatever. You can message me your address and I will drop them in the mail. I am not a fan of OPK's either, never used them before until this one started taking so long.

Yes, early pregnancy feels just like PMS sometimes. I felt a little crampy and bloated this time and last. Mine goes away quickly once I find out I am pg. I think that is just my mind playing tricks on me though. Heck I feel crampy now!
Old 10-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #536

Add me to the list. I felt like I was getting my period when I was pregnant this time.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #537
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The nursery is our bedroom for now, LOL! We will have him sleep in the Fisher Price Rock and Play sleeper and then move him in the bassinet. The Rock and Play is on my side of the bed and the bassinet is on DH's side. And we have the changing table in there too. Not much room for anything else, I'll tell you! We never took those things away once we found out we were pregnant so soon with #2. Once he outgrows the bassinet, we will probably move him into his brother's room....at least that is the plan. We have three bedrooms, but we kind of want to make the third bedroom a dedicated play room. So, we hope they can both share a room well!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #538
Major LCF Poster!

This one came for free with the digital I bought to take tomorrow:

I am still finding it hard to believe! My pre-period backache is really setting in and I feel it is all just too good to be true!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #539
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Looks pretty positive! Yay! Congrats!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #540
Major LCF Poster!

I swear I will only take one more!

Maybe two.