Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas

DP - so glad DH will be home soon.

So far only DH, my Mom and my Sister know that I am pg. We dont like to spread the word until after the dating u/s at 8wks so we have heard the heartbeat and feel comfy with it. My SIL had a couple miscarriages and once after she had told everyone, so I hesitate to do it too early.

I am planning my grocery list and making sure I keep my diet in check and focused on whole foods. I had a big ol' bunless burger last night because when I was pg with DS I couldnt stomache beef until about 16 wks so I thought I had better enjoy now in case the aversion kicks in!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2012, 07:13 AM   #452

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post

DP - so glad DH will be home soon.

:

YAY for DH coming home soon!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #453
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I have about 3 weeks until dh comes home. Still no official date but we are getting there..thank goodness!
YAY! you get your husband home soon! so happy for you!

I have an NST and growth US later today. i would bet she's still breech, if she turned head down i must not have realized it. however last night i felt a large hard bump at my lower left where her butt has usually been sitting so i thought that might have been her head? also i checked the fetal monitor to check her HB and it was in a different location than i usually pick it up at. fingers crossed because i'm getting annoyed at the chiro for not getting this webster method to work and for having to try all these goofy inversion techniques.

Andi - I'm 36 weeks and still can't believe I'm actually going to have a baby in 3 weeks! I took the tags off the newborn clothes last night and washed them all and still had the sad lingering thoughts in the back of my head of the what if's I've been through... when she's in my arms crying i'll finally believe it came true and she's really here!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #454

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
I'm 36 weeks and still can't believe I'm actually going to have a baby in 3 weeks! I took the tags off the newborn clothes last night and washed them all and still had the sad lingering thoughts in the back of my head of the what if's I've been through... when she's in my arms crying i'll finally believe it came true and she's really here!
: heart:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
Andi - I'm 36 weeks and still can't believe I'm actually going to have a baby in 3 weeks! I took the tags off the newborn clothes last night and washed them all and still had the sad lingering thoughts in the back of my head of the what if's I've been through... when she's in my arms crying i'll finally believe it came true and she's really here!
I was the same with with DS! Straight denial. I dont think it even really sunk in for about a month after he was home.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Are all of our PG ladies (far enough along to know) expecting girls? I love me a sweet little girl baby DP your DH is going to be home so soon and he is just going to love little Stella's room. I hope he is ready for the pink!

I am 7 dpo and I have to say this has been a very crampy cycle. I had terrible cramps all around the couple days I was o-ing and they just kept on rolling. AF is expected a week from today. Would love it if we got pregnant this cycle so we could be 100% in the clear to surprise our family with it at Christmas. Cross your fingers for me! We missed the very last day of SMEP because we were really sick, ugh! Hopefully that doesn't affect our chances this month.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
I'm expecting a boy, in about a week!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #458

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Dh is the one who wanted a girl, not me! I shouldn't say that, I'm super excited, but I don't want a hormonal teenage girl
Old 09-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #459
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Suzie
I had my second doctor appointment this past week. It went really well! She wants to test me earlier than usual for diabetes do to my weight, and both parents having it. She also said she will do more ultrasounds late in pregnancy to watch baby's weight.

Other than that, everything is great! My blood pressure was really good so far. Next ultrasound is December 26 and that will be the anatomy ultrasound! My family wanted me to go before Christmas so they could buy him/her gifts. I said they won't be there anyway to open them! ha ha

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 09-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #460
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
My DH has his fingers crossed for a boy, but really we are happy with whatever! I don't know what it is but I am just being drawn to the boy bedding and boy clothes, even though I am an uber girly girl.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
I had my second doctor appointment this past week. It went really well! She wants to test me earlier than usual for diabetes do to my weight, and both parents having it. She also said she will do more ultrasounds late in pregnancy to watch baby's weight.

Other than that, everything is great! My blood pressure was really good so far. Next ultrasound is December 26 and that will be the anatomy ultrasound! My family wanted me to go before Christmas so they could buy him/her gifts. I said they won't be there anyway to open them! ha ha

Suzie, how many weeks are you now? I'm 16, I've had my diabetes screening early too, due to weight, and a previous borderline diabetic diagnosis, and a family history. Start watching what you can eat now, as much as possible! My blood sugars were super low so I wasn't paying much attention, then all of a sudden, from what appointment to the next, they sky rocketed! I've also had 3 ultrasounds already!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #462
Blabbermouth!!!

I will be 8 weeks on Tuesday. I have been working on eating a lot better and not snacking on junk as much! Plus, drinking more water each day!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #463

Quote:
I will be 8 weeks on Tuesday. I have been working on eating a lot better and not snacking on junk as much! Plus, drinking more water each day!
No Morning sickness yet?

Have a plan for when/if you do. I wish I had planned out better. I didn't feel like cooking anything in the mornings and ended up eating junk or high sugar things like juice. Cheese is low carb and great for morning sickness, but I had to stick to mild cheese like string cheese and monteray jack.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #464
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
No Morning sickness yet?

Have a plan for when/if you do. I wish I had planned out better. I didn't feel like cooking anything in the mornings and ended up eating junk or high sugar things like juice. Cheese is low carb and great for morning sickness, but I had to stick to mild cheese like string cheese and monteray jack.
I'm a little queasy in the mornings, but nothing too bad. I usually have a scrambled egg with some cheese in it, yogurt, or if I'm running late a piece of toast w a little butter on the way to work. The other day peanut butter toast sounded really good, but about two bites in baby had other ideas.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #465

Quote:
I'm a little queasy in the mornings, but nothing too bad. I usually have a scrambled egg with some cheese in it, yogurt, or if I'm running late a piece of toast w a little butter on the way to work. The other day peanut butter toast sounded really good, but about two bites in baby had other ideas.
I still struggle to eat eggs in the mornings before work. On the weekends I can eat them fine, I think because it's 8am and not 5am when I'm eating on weekends. But on work days I can't stomach them. During my entire bout with MS couldn't stomach protein or veggies, so it was really hard to eat low carb! that you don't have that problem. It's different for everyone for sure!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #466
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I still struggle to eat eggs in the mornings before work. On the weekends I can eat them fine, I think because it's 8am and not 5am when I'm eating on weekends. But on work days I can't stomach them. During my entire bout with MS couldn't stomach protein or veggies, so it was really hard to eat low carb! that you don't have that problem. It's different for everyone for sure!
There have been a few mornings where I start in on something and just have no appetite or the texture throws me off and I can't do more than a few bites. My doctor said to not stress if I can't eat for a bit, that the baby will get what it needs from me. Not to force myself to eat.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #467

Quote:
There have been a few mornings where I start in on something and just have no appetite or the texture throws me off and I can't do more than a few bites. My doctor said to not stress if I can't eat for a bit, that the baby will get what it needs from me. Not to force myself to eat.
Exactly true! Some people even lose weight during MS. But I have also read many times that letting your stomach get too empty increases the nausea, so they suggest trying to keep something in your tummy.
I did very well with Jamba juice, and I'd have them add in a protein boost so at least I was getting SOME protein. And I'd sip on it over a couple hours.

Just do what you can and don't stress about it too much!
Oh and if the MS gets bad, take some B6! It really made all the difference for me! I took 25mg 3 times a day and it was a life saver!
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 09-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #468
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/296/140
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Hi Girls!

We're back from our Alaskan cruise. It was so awesome! I did not temp while we were gone, but I can tell we're coming up on O soon. I have a lot of catching up to do, and will post more tomorrow, but one thing I noticed when I scanned....

Congrats Andi!!!!

I am SO happy and excited for you!!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:24 AM   #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Hi Girls!

We're back from our Alaskan cruise. It was so awesome! I did not temp while we were gone, but I can tell we're coming up on O soon. I have a lot of catching up to do, and will post more tomorrow, but one thing I noticed when I scanned....

Congrats Andi!!!!

Welcome back! Sounds like an awesome cruise!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #470

Anyone know whatever happened to Amy Liz?
Old 10-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #471

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Hi Girls!

Congrats Andi!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!! So glad you had fun on your cruise.

Lori - we have lost quite a few, Amy Liz, jillybean, jaxonsmomma....

I did some shopping over the weekend and planned my meals for the week. Back on the LC maintenance! I am almost exactly the same weight I was when I got pg with DS and though I only gained 12lbs by delivery and had lost 35lbs by the time he was 2 mo old, all of it slowly came back on over the last year and a half. I am hoping to have the same result with this pregnancy minus the re-gain.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
I'm alive Sorry I've been completely MIA. I have had so much going on between baby, two houses, started a new job today, had no computer last week...and I needed a breather to sort of refocus. I went back to pretty strict low-carbing for a few weeks. I lost the initial "whoosh" of water weight, then nothing more for 2-3 weeks, then got slammed with a cold (as did my poor 6-month-old!) and went off track, and I'm just getting back into it again today. I weigh about 20 pounds more than I did when I found out I was pregnant last year. bleh.

I haven't caught up completely, but I see multiple congratulations are in order!

Yes, he's 6 months old already! And still a perfect baby - 52% for weight and 53% for height as of his appointment last week. And always smiling! He's starting to be able to sit up by himself:
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 10-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #473

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I dare not post a photo of James, he is so fat, lol!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #474
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
I dare not post a photo of James, he is so fat, lol!
Well, Ben's not eating any food yet, so we'll see how that pans out. We're planning to try some avocado this week! Ben's arms and legs look so fat with the little rolls, but he's small-ish around the middle. He must be pretty dense, too, because I have a pair of 6-9 month pants that say 16-18 pounds, and he was 17 pound 9 ounces last week at the ped's, so I put those pants on him yesterday morning, and he was SWIMMING in them! The elastic waist was just hanging off his little tummy. Moved those to the 9 month section of the closet :P He's still able to wear quite a few of his 3 month size onesies. But my mother tells me I was a tiny baby; they were actually worried about my slow growth in my first year, but I sure overcompensated for that problem later in life!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Quote:
WOOHOO! That's great news! Some how I've already had 3 ultrasounds and I'm only 15 weeks! At the first two appointments they were intentional, and at the last one they weren't planning on it. But they couldn't find the heart beat with the little thing they were trying to use so they moved me to the ultrasound room and checked for the heatbeat that way.

I am sooo happy for you! That's amazing! Are you going to be able to do a water birth at home?
I'm aiming for an out of hospital birth too. I have my midwife all lined up! We are paying $5600, after a 10% cut for paying in advance.
People ask me "Why would you pay that when you have insurance and it would only cost you $100 to deliver at the hospital?" Some people just don't get it.
My husband has been working night and day shift for the last week to save up the rest of this money, I feel bad for him and told him we can forget about the midwife so he doesn't have to kill himself like this, but he wouldn't hear of it! I'm so glad we are on the same page with the midwife delivery!

When are you due?
I'm hoping so - the birth center has tub kits that can be rented from them for either free or a nominal fee (I think it is included in the homebirth package) and I'd love to have a water bir, especially since I tend to have long labors with posterior babies.

I'm due March 24th, technically, but I've gone overdue with every baby and am not expecting this one to be different. So I'm just counting on the first week of April and will be pleasantly surprised if the baby makes their appearance before then.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:10 AM   #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Mama View Post
I'm hoping so - the birth center has tub kits that can be rented from them for either free or a nominal fee (I think it is included in the homebirth package) and I'd love to have a water bir, especially since I tend to have long labors with posterior babies.

I'm due March 24th, technically, but I've gone overdue with every baby and am not expecting this one to be different. So I'm just counting on the first week of April and will be pleasantly surprised if the baby makes their appearance before then.
Awesome! We're due around the same time. I'm March 17th!

I dunno about where you are, but I already reserved my spot with the midwife even though I'm not starting visits with them til December. The place I'm going to is on the smaller side and they fill up fast!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #477

So I meet with the GD dietician today. Bringing my journal of my latest blood sugars with me. Hoping she'll say things look great and not tell me I need to eat more bread or pasta!

I rejoined the gym and am hoping to start making it there 3-4 mornings a week before work.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:42 AM   #478

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!

I'm around but I'm busy busy. I had my sister in town for a few days and I've been trying to get ready for dhs homecoming. He's due back between the 16-19. I'm SO anxious now. Hopefully once he's home this pregnancy will go faster too.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #479
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
i can't wait for you to have your baby boy!!!

jilly, he's adorable. i love his cheeks!
DP, i'm glad you got a time frame for DH to return. you'll make it!

for today's appt I met with the lady witch dr that i didn't like from 32w appt, today she was a different cat, she was nice, not pushy, and didn't press the ECV on me. i feel like i'm giving up on a natural birth but i just can't risk having the version with my hubby gone and this is the week we'd have to do it, so we discussed the c-section and scheduling an induction for week of the 14th. at this point i'm not trying to be the hero, i just want to have a safe delivery for everyone. and by scheduling the section we can have the dr we want, the one we named our baby girl after.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #480

Oh jilly! You little man is a doll face!

Lori - Good luck at the doc appt!

Suzanne - I wanna see your chunky monkey!

DP - yay!

KQT - I was faced with the same decision when I had DS. I looked my doc straight in the face and asked her what my odds were with the induction. She said I had an 80% chance of a failed induction which meant I would have ended up in a c-sect anyway. I opted not to go through the 24+ hrs of labor and just get straight to it. I loved my c-sect and am actually looking forward to a repeat for #2. Good luck in whatever you decide, you sound like you have your head on your shoulders and having a safe delivery for both mom and baby is best.

I am 5wks now, not far at all! I picked out an OB in my netowrk yesterday and will call today to schedule my first appt. I havent seen an OB since we moved up here last fall so I hope I like her. I really loved my OB in San Diego. Not much going on but my boobs are hurting a little and I find that I get hungry more than usual but I wonder if that is just in my head?
Closed Thread